PDA

View Full Version : Which system to go for

simondo
06-24-2007, 10:25 AM
Hi, I have studied wado karate for 10 years but gave it up due to some major problems, having got the itch to get back into the arts, for the last year and a half i have been doing freestyle kung fu but now am looking for something with a bit more depth to it which will also give me the best reality self defence capabilities.Locally there are to two very reputable clubs but whcich one do i choose. THe 1st is wing chun and the 2nd being Bagua, can any one give me some good sound advice please

Takuan
06-24-2007, 06:21 PM
Depends all upon your personal tastes and who the instructors are, do they have an availability for you to go watch or participate in a few classes before paying? Because that would provide you with the best impression of each school.

Good Luck!!

dharmastudent
06-27-2007, 08:47 AM
If both instructors are good then you can pretty much go with either art. It's just a matter of personal preference. Have fun.

simondo
06-27-2007, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the advice guys!!!

jooerduo
06-27-2007, 06:39 PM
depends on your motivation

if you want to be able to defend yourself fairly quickly then try wing chun

it can take a while to learn bagua and even longer to be able to use it to use it,
depends on your school, your teacher and your time.

why not sample both? they can be a good combination after a good period of learning