PDA

View Full Version : Bruce lee's hands real or special fx?

desciple
01-19-2001, 03:42 PM
hey i have been wanting to ask if any one of you knows whether the hand trails brucelee makes in his fights like in FISTS OF FURY ( CHINESE CONNECTION -in the US) and game of death was real or some kind of special effect.It had inspired the guys from the movie the MATRIX but i don't think there was such good technology in Bruce lee's time.It looks impossible but when it comes to Bruce lee you have to doubt it.

Any one for sure knows whether those trails are real.

loki
01-20-2001, 02:29 AM
... :confused: :confused: :confused:

NO ROAD IS AS LONG OR FILLED WITH AS MANY OBSTACLES AS THE ONE TRAVELLED BY THE CHINESE BOXER. FEW ATTEMPT TO TAKE IT . THOSE THAT REACH IT'S END ARE EVEN FEWER.

HuangKaiVun
01-20-2001, 08:51 PM
not real

Paul DiMarino
01-21-2001, 08:42 PM
The cameraman was tripping during filming...

Kung Lek
01-22-2001, 05:29 PM
It is a movie and therefore it is not real.

This is an unusual question.
You do realize that movies are for entertainment?

peace

Kung Lek

RAYNYSC
01-22-2001, 07:09 PM
They slow up the film so yeah you can call it a special effect. It's like the shutter speed for a 35mm camera you can make the camera do all kinds of special effects depending on the shutter speed.

PEACE

RAYNYSC

desciple
01-24-2001, 02:12 PM
If the camera man used shutter speed controls to make his hands leave trails and seem like there were many hands coming out of them, why didn't bruce lee's whole body make the same trails and his lips too cause he's screaming while those hands appear.His moving lips and body should also make similar trails.

I mean does any one know for sure and may be has read something about them.I don't know whether they are real(slim chance of such a thing to be possible humanly) or not(They didn't have that sufistication in tecnology).

RAYNYSC
01-26-2001, 08:20 PM
The reason why Bruce Lee's whole body didn't make those same hand trails is because the only part of his body doing most of the moving during that scene was his upper body(meaning his arms).

Try this, get a camcorder now record yourself at regular speed throwing a few of your fastest kicks,punches etc. Now view it at regular speed then view it in slow motion.Hence, you may begin to see the start of some trails.
Now do the same thing, but this time record yourself in slow motion while going full speed with your kicks,punches etc. Then view it at regular speed and you will begin to see more trails then before. If you put in slow motion you will see even more trails. So you see like I was trying to explain before it's kind of like a 35mm shutter speed.The difference in speed will give you your desired effect.

PEACE

RAYNYSC

selphie
01-27-2001, 08:18 PM
all use bollocks fx (doesn't meawn they're not cool)

wow! They're so fast - no waidaminute - the FILM'S bein rolled so fast

:p