PDA

View Full Version : How is Wong Shun Leungs Wing Chun Different than Other Students Yip Man ?

Firehawk4
06-25-2007, 03:48 PM
How is Wong Shun Leungs Wing Chun than other students of Yip Man like Bruce Lee , William Chueng , Yip Chun , Yip Ching , Moy Yat , Leung Shung ?

YungChun
06-25-2007, 04:50 PM
1/3rd the calories and 1/2 less salt, and very high in protein.. :D

Liddel
06-25-2007, 04:52 PM
Are you a VT fighter ?

If so you can judge for yourself....
- The Vid "The science of infighting" is IMHO the best VT vid out there on fundamentals of our style, which happens to have WSL himself.

Here is one small section of the vid -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugs5Q7e9NY8

Im of Lok Yiu Lineage, so ill leave the specifics to those with direct experience.

DREW

Nick Forrer
06-25-2007, 05:56 PM
Look on you tube and on the net at the vids of Ng Hong, Wan Kam Leung, Gary Lam, Phillip Bayer etc. Compare that to the other wc vids...you should see the difference.

Firehawk4
06-26-2007, 10:18 AM
Thanks Guys , Im going to start reading my book by David Peterson Look Beyond the Pointing Finger i had this book for years and still havent read it .

AmanuJRY
06-26-2007, 11:59 AM
Thanks Guys , Im going to start reading my book by David Peterson Look Beyond the Pointing Finger i had this book for years and still havent read it .

:eek::eek::eek:

What?

Dave P
06-26-2007, 12:37 PM
Have a look at Ving Tsun Update. It's all about Wong Shun Leung Ving Tsun. It has a large collection of articles, interviews, pictures and videos...

www.vingtsunupdate.com

Wu Wei Wu
06-26-2007, 10:56 PM
Firehawk,

Your first point of call should be David Peterson's book. It gives a superb insight into the WSL method and should answer your question as to differences.

I have had the privilege of seeing Peterson move in a seminar hosted by Alan Gibson. He is gifted in his ability to describe movements in a simplistic and accessible way. I understand that Peterson is making some revisions to the book as well as producing some DVD's for future release.

Additionally, Gary Lam's DVD's are also very good if you want to see another expression of the WSL method.

k gledhill
06-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Even WSL school's differ from one to another, you have to put in some time and leg work to feel it, hear the way from one school to another...make your own decisions based on your goals.