PDA

View Full Version : Recent MA movie viewings

kungpowmaster
06-26-2007, 07:57 AM
The other day, I watched for the 1st time:

Drunken Master 3, aka Drunken Master Killer.

Before I watched this after I bought it, I read many reviews online, and they were all terribly bad.

Well, actually, I thought the movie was OK.

The worst thing about it is the title, as it is nothing like Drunken Master 1 or 2.

If the movie had a different title, I think the reviews would not have been so bad.

For me, it was ok, and had some good scenes and was enjoyable. A decent dub would have made it better than these bad subs my version has.

Also, yesterday I watched:

Mr. Nice Guy.

I don't think I'd seen this one before. Well, I was disappointed with it. Iy was OK, and entertaining, had some hot women. But the story/action was basically one big chase, and the end an excuse to destroy expensive stuff.

The Sammo cameos were funny. He was showing his age I thought, and even that movie is a few years old. Well, the hands of time stop for no one.

But, for light enterntainment, it was OK.

I also watched:

Ninja Destroyer.

Now, I admit, I am a bad movie fan. Esp in the horror genre. And these Joseph Lai and Tomas Tang movies are like the Chinese versions of Bruno Mattei, and Joe D'Amato, of the Italian exploitation genres.

This one was OK, not as good as some others. It's a Lai production. I collect these movies, so, it was a great addition, as well as cheesy bad fun. If you have seen any of the Lai and Tang Ninja movies, then you know the formula, and it played by the formula.

Just a quick note about another Lai movie I watched a few days ago, off that Shaw Martial Arts Collection, called Shaolin Quick Draw.

This was fair, not all that good, kinda had imagery and a main character like Django, that Italian western, with Franco Nero, who drags around a coffin, with a machine gun in it. But the odd thing about this movie, is near the beginning, Richard Harrison pops out in a Ninja headband, and talks to the main character for a few, and then that's all you see of him, and any other Ninja at all.

Anyway,

Chosen One