PDA

View Full Version : Martial Arts Hall of Fame??

EarthDragon
06-27-2007, 03:06 PM
Can anyone give me some info on this. I received a letter that I am nominated to be inducted into the 2007 United States Martial Arts Hall of Fame.

Is this legite or can anyone be nominated whether or not they are a shifu, blackbelt, school owner, well known teacher, etc, etc. Any info would be appreciated.

ironfenix
06-27-2007, 04:21 PM
i got nominated for the hall of fame a couple of years ago. I doubt even now that my contributions to the M.A. are deserving of a hall of fame award along side chuck norris and co. although I don't know if chuck is in this particular organization.

Yao Sing
06-28-2007, 07:21 AM
Sounds like a scam to get money. Bet that goes out to thousands of school owners. No offense to your MA skills. :p

ironfenix
I forget where you are in TX. I'm in Harlingen just north of Brownsville right now. Was hoping for some spare time to go see Dr. Lerma in Corpus Christie but it's all work this trip. Looks like I'll be coming back to finish the job since we're waiting for some contractors to get their stuff done.

Let me know how far you are from here.

Three Harmonies
06-28-2007, 07:21 AM
Same here. It is a racket bro. If you have extra money by all means send it to me, because I do not;):D
I have also been chosen to host a number of "kids" from Europe to Africa who want my expert instruction, as long as I can give them my bank account info so they can wire the money ASAP! :rolleyes: Never knew I was so world wide known! :p

Jake :cool:

yu shan
06-28-2007, 07:40 AM
Yao

Israel is in Pharr, Texas. Which is basically MCallen, and you are only about 20 minutes away. As for Doc, I keep asking Steve about him and he has not returned any of his calls. Must have fallen off the face of the earth or found someone else to train with.

Jake, guess the word is out world-wide about your amazing skills. You got a mean white ape steals peach that is for sure. ;)

ironfenix
06-28-2007, 10:33 AM
You are only a couple of minutes away man! What kind of work are you doing? How long are you going to be here? Let me know.

I have never seen jake's version of white ape but Yao Sing & I got the same one from Art Laoshi. You still have that one Yao?

Yao Sing
06-28-2007, 01:38 PM
Still got it. I picked it up before then but just needed it cleaned up a bit. I Wah Lum everything though plus Art's movement is hard to pick up. You look like it got a good handle on it.

I'm setting up phone and Internet at an apartment complex off 499 Loop. Not sure if it will be completed this trip, might have to come back. Should be here at least a week (arrived Wed morning).

Don't know if I'll have any free time. Maybe if I have to come back. Right now it's a rush job. Give me your number just in case and I'll see if I can drop by for a visit.

EarthDragon
06-29-2007, 01:51 PM
thanks guys, I thought so but inside kung fu mag is hosting it so i wasnt sure. although i dedicated 26 years to learning and teaching MA I dont fell hall of fame worthy so I wasnt even sure how they got my name. thanks for the heads up

Three Harmonies
06-29-2007, 02:39 PM
All the more reason not to trust it!! IKF still has stuff involving CMA????
Jake :D

EarthDragon
06-30-2007, 04:57 PM
IKF still has stuff involving CMA????

LOL I know right?

YiLiQuan1
07-02-2007, 07:11 PM
First, who is sanctioning this "hall of fame?" I know that the magazines have held their own little nominations (my teacher was in the IKF hall of fame thingie years ago), and that's all well and good, but in general you have to ask who it is that's opting to honor you... and what's in it for them. :rolleyes:

Nobody (well, almost nobody) does anything purely out of philanthropic motivation. There's got to be some payback for what they're doing, otherwise why do it? Is that casting a shadow on the integrity of our fellow martial artists? **** sure it is. That's reality, plain and simple, and the history of our beloved CMAs demonstrate that our martial ancestors were a money grubbing, back stabbing, dirty dealing bunch of folks. If they weren't, why were they always so spooked about other folks learning their material??? ;)

I was approached by a martial arts encyclopedia group out of Spain. I've never been to Spain. When I inquired further of the "gentleman" that contacted me, he refused to tell me who had given him my name, but "assured" me that my reputation preceded me with honor aplenty.

Yeah, right.

If it looks like it's too good to be true, it is.

Three Harmonies
07-03-2007, 06:18 AM
Matt
Oh, your reputation has preceded you alright! ;):D
Jake

John Takeshi
07-29-2007, 06:59 AM
I sent in my application. Should I be worried? Is this another one of those Nigerian financial scams?:(:confused:

Please reply ASAP!!!

EarthDragon
08-07-2007, 05:56 PM
John, I have been doing MA for 27 years, teaching for 11 and lineage holder to the 8 step family, and I dont deserve to be in any hall of fame, much less be inducted to anything..... LOL I asked this on this board because I was concerned about how my name and dedication were brought up. sure you can google my name and get 3 pages of MA stuff but still dont feel hall of fame worthy. Their are many more gifted martial artists out there than me so thats why I was hesitant. I didnt want to enroll in some cheesy program that would hurt my authenticity and reputation in the MA community.

I wrote a poem when I was 25 and recieved a letter from the
National Poets Society claiming that my poem was selected to win a national award from 10,000 other poems.
I thought cool I would be a recognized poet, and all my writngs would eventually get published.
I then found out after sending in 50.00 that my mother had seen the add in the readers digest and that every poem entered won the same award... I felt cheated and upset that such a compnay exsited ,

so I kinda felt this to be the same thing and I think and beleive it is.............. ask yourself do you think you deserve to be in the
HALL OF FAME?????????