PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to Taiji Legacy this yr.? Up for a get together prior to?

xcakid
06-28-2007, 11:15 AM
Was responding to Shaolinluebs thread, http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46063, and was throwing around the idea of perhaps getting together Thurs. nite or perhaps Fri. (if no one is going to any of the seminars/workshops) Looks like our own Gene Ching's workshop will be done by 6:50PM on Friday, so if its friday maybe we can make it around 8-9PM.

Would be nice to put a face to a name on the board. I was thinking Bone Daddys (http://www.bonedaddys.com/default.asp) in Richardson, which is roughly 5miles south of the venue. Good looking chicks with good food and cold adult beverages.

If anyone is up for this post here. I can get a table reserved at Bone Daddy's. Seperate checks of course, that way we won't have to start the SanShou early at the restaurant. :D

MasterKiller
06-28-2007, 11:21 AM
I might be there. Depends on how my schedule works out by then.

If I make it, I'll be there Saturday.

xcakid
06-28-2007, 11:23 AM
I might be there. Depends on how my schedule works out by then.

If I make it, I'll be there Saturday.

Cool, you can watch me butcher a couple forms. :cool:

GeneChing
06-28-2007, 12:59 PM
Do they have anything for married vegetarians? :rolleyes:

Obviously I'll be at TJL this year. It's TJL #10 and I wouldn't miss it. I'm not sure about my obligations for dinner - Master Wong usually hosts a meal for all the VIPs and somehow, I managed to get lumped into that illustrious crowd. So I might be obligated. If not, I'd be most happy to join y'all.

Maybe I can get Master Wong to move it all to Bone Daddys...

xcakid
06-28-2007, 01:05 PM
Do they have anything for married vegetarians? :rolleyes:

Maybe I can get Master Wong to move it all to Bone Daddys...

Yes they do have a variety of salads. And your Shaolin training should give you enough discipline not to pinch anything soft and cuddly with a pretty smile. There's that rule also. Its not cheating if:
1) You keep your socks on
2) Your out of town (different zip code/area code)

Well Master Wongs school is only up the road from there. Next exit over as a matter of fact. So is Master Lee's :D They are both on Arapaho about 8-10miles in opposite direction of each other. And Bone Daddy's does have a banquet room. :D

Sow Choy
06-28-2007, 02:01 PM
yo...

i will be there... fri or sat nite would be cool for me... See u there, Gene...

Joe

xcakid
06-28-2007, 02:09 PM
yo...

i will be there... fri or sat nite would be cool for me... See u there, Gene...

Joe

Sat may be tough. Not sure how many folks will be doing forms and wether or not they are going to run late :rolleyes:

Friday may be more feasible. Some folks coming from out of town, maybe coming in on Friday.

htowndragon
06-28-2007, 04:06 PM
hey hows the novice san shou competitors?

im fighting 140-150

Shaolinlueb
06-28-2007, 06:45 PM
i cant go this year. my ankle is all f'd up. and the funds are below depleted.

MasterKiller
06-28-2007, 07:08 PM
hey hows the novice san shou competitors?

im fighting 140-150

Cut to 139.

xcakid
06-29-2007, 07:32 AM
i cant go this year. my ankle is all f'd up. and the funds are below depleted.

Bummer dude. Put some Jow on the ankle. I hear folks are getting paid upward of $500 to stand in line for the iPhone. That'll cover plane fare. :cool:

Shaolinlueb
06-29-2007, 02:00 PM
if someone gave me 500 to stand in line i would do it. lol. as long as they paid me first. ;)

edit

and i dont have to buy that p.o.s. iphone.

xcakid
06-30-2007, 05:35 AM
if someone gave me 500 to stand in line i would do it. lol. as long as they paid me first. ;)

edit

and i dont have to buy that p.o.s. iphone.

Highest bid I saw on eBay for someone to stand in line for you was $895. For that price they will camp out the night before. Buyer takes over the place in at @ 5PM. That's just crazy. Then you still have to pay another $600 for the phone.

I am actually getting one, but I am gonna sell it on eBay.

Too bad you're not making it, was looking forward to meeting ya. Don't get to meet many eagle claw practitioner around my area.

xcakid
07-03-2007, 07:12 AM
Anyone else plan on going?

n00854180t
07-04-2007, 09:07 PM
I would like to go, don't know if work and transportation would permit, however.

xcakid
07-05-2007, 04:18 AM
I would like to go, don't know if work and transportation would permit, however.

Ya need to go car shopping this weekend.

How ya getting to my school on Friday. :confused:

n00854180t
07-05-2007, 08:15 AM
Probably a taxi, a bus would be ~2 hours.

Pork Chop
07-05-2007, 12:39 PM
I'm down for whatever, just gimme a call.
Bone daddy's is a good call: good barbeque served by women in skimpy outfits.
Maybe TJL will get me outta my 3 week training slump.
Been raining everyday here and I've been crazy busy with work.
If anybody wants to work out before the event i'll take you by my gym- assuming they still recognize me.

OdderMensch
07-05-2007, 04:59 PM
Beer can chicken is vegetarian right? I just moved minutes from where the whole event is scheduled to take place, so I should really go this year.

xcakid
07-05-2007, 07:23 PM
Beer can chicken is vegetarian right?

Matter of fact it is.....I think.....unless you are a straight up VEGAN. Then absolutely NO.

xcakid
07-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Alright looks like I have 4 people so far for Thurs. @ 7PM.

So if I reserved a table, I'm not the only gonna be sitting there looking like a ja<ka$$ will I?

Shaolinlueb
07-05-2007, 08:18 PM
**** i wish i could go. :(

n00854180t
07-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Hrm, wait, is this next week?

BruceSteveRoy
07-06-2007, 06:51 AM
Alright looks like I have 4 people so far for Thurs. @ 7PM.

So if I reserved a table, I'm not the only gonna be sitting there looking like a ja<ka$$ will I?

dude, even if everyone shows up i can't guarentee you won't look like a jack ass. :p

xcakid
07-06-2007, 06:54 AM
Hrm, wait, is this next week?

Week after next.

dude, even if everyone shows up i can't guarentee you won't look like a jack ass. :p

I am a jack a$$, but I don't want to advertise it. :D

Pork Chop
07-06-2007, 09:30 AM
anyway you could put the date on the thread somewhere.
July 20th? or 19th?

the weather lately's making me downright worthless: can't sleep, can't wake up, no energy to work out, no energy to do anything. ugh

GeneChing
07-06-2007, 10:35 AM
I'm afraid I don't fly in until just before my workshop on Friday. I'd love to join y'all, but I'm not sure what my obligations will be in the evenings. Keep me in the loop if you do something Friday or Saturday night. I can't promise I'll be free, but I'll try.

xcakid
07-06-2007, 11:49 AM
I'm afraid I don't fly in until just before my workshop on Friday. I'd love to join y'all, but I'm not sure what my obligations will be in the evenings. Keep me in the loop if you do something Friday or Saturday night. I can't promise I'll be free, but I'll try.

Bummer. Well worse case, hopefully I'll run into you on Sat during the comp. I'll be the Pilipino guy butchering Zhaoyang Quan in the intermediate old man division....err...I mean executive division. :D

xcakid
07-09-2007, 02:04 PM
Guess I can't edit the title, but based on the poll(whopping 4 people ;) )

Let's make it Thurs the 19th, 7PM @ Bone Daddys. I will be in the bar area wearing a black t-shirt that says, Shaolin Wu Yi Institute in red letters. Since there will only be 4-5 of us no need to reserve a table. We can just walk it and grab one. Or stay at the bar and make it a liquid diet. :D

And I look at this. http://www.imartial.com/player-photos-detail.aspx?imgid=1050&uid=1490

MasterKiller
07-16-2007, 06:50 AM
t t m f t .

xcakid
07-16-2007, 07:36 AM
t t m f t .

:confused: I knew I shoulda taken up cryptology, huh? wha? :confused: wat dat meen

brothernumber9
07-16-2007, 07:58 AM
to the mother f'n top

xcakid
07-16-2007, 08:11 AM
Oh....gotcha!!! thx

Well thank you then M.K. :D

xcakid
07-17-2007, 10:30 AM
Guess I can't edit the title, but based on the poll(whopping 4 people ;) )

Let's make it Thurs the 19th, 7PM @ Bone Daddys. I will be in the bar area wearing a black t-shirt that says, Shaolin Wu Yi Institute in red letters. Since there will only be 4-5 of us no need to reserve a table. We can just walk it and grab one. Or stay at the bar and make it a liquid diet. :D

And I look at this. http://www.imartial.com/player-photos-detail.aspx?imgid=1050&uid=1490

OK it will either be a white or black t-shirt not sure since I have not done wash yet. :(

But it will say. Shaolin Wu Yi Institute in the front of the shirt. I am Pilipino (Hawaiin looking about 5'10"). My first name is Al. Will be in the bar area. As you walk into the restaurant, Bone Daddys (http://www.bonedaddys.com/default.asp) , turn left at the hostess table. That will take you to the bar area. I'll wait for you guys for at least 2 gin and tonics. :p

xcakid
07-18-2007, 08:00 AM
OH Yeah address is:

Map (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?address=8856%20Spring%20Valley%20Rd&city=Dallas&state=TX&zipcode=75240%2d4209&country=US&geodiff=1)

8856 Spring Valley
Dallas, TX 75240
phone: 214-575-3050

GeneChing
07-19-2007, 12:05 PM
I'm going to work Ozzfest (www.ozzfest.com) now, after which I'll go home and catch an hour or two of sleep, and then catch my flight to Dallas. See you all there. Sorry I'm missing Bone Daddy's. Have fun tonight. While you guys are hassling Bone Daddy waitresses, I'll be cleaning puke off ozzskanks.

See you at Taiji Legacy. :cool:

xcakid
07-19-2007, 12:08 PM
See you at Taiji Legacy. :cool:

Looking forward to it. I am actually taking the Eagle Claw seminar by Shi Yan Feng. Its the one before yours. So hopefully I can run into you tomorrow night. Would've love to take your seminar as well, but I am short of cash so I had to pick the lesser of two evils.

Shaolinlueb
07-19-2007, 12:11 PM
have fun at TJL guys.

xcakid
07-19-2007, 03:43 PM
I'm off to Bone Daddy's. I have a feeling I will be the only ******* from the board that gonna be there. Oh well, they have good gin and tonics and I gotta eat dinner anyways. Might as well have a hot chick serve me that dinner.

Pork Chop
07-19-2007, 07:54 PM
it was a lot of fun tonight
guys that didn't show missed out
saturday maybe we can go karaoke in korea town; just an idea

pm me if u want my number to hang out

xcakid
07-20-2007, 06:52 AM
it was a lot of fun tonight
guys that didn't show missed out
saturday maybe we can go karaoke in korea town; just an idea

pm me if u want my number to hang out

Great meeting ya.

Yep, our conversation kinda trailed off everytime the waitresses walked by. :D

Pork Chop
07-20-2007, 08:08 AM
nice meeting you too, it was fun to talk shop. :)

yeah the brunette's hips were hypnotic (not sure if the pun's intended)

still wouldn't have minded riding the 2 dragons...

xcakid
07-20-2007, 08:25 PM
Finished attending my seminar. Saw Gene outside. He had some guy talking his ear off. I stood in front of him for a bit looking at brochures and was gonna interupt to introduce myself. But I remembered Gene is fond of the Iron Crotch technique, so I decided I wanted babies more than I wanted to meet Gene. Ahh maybe tomorrow he won't be so engrossed in conversation, I can come up and say howdy.

Shaolinlueb
07-20-2007, 09:02 PM
bring a bag of dorito nacho cheese chips to give to him. he will appreciate it.

xcakid
07-21-2007, 07:03 AM
bring a bag of dorito nacho cheese chips to give to him. he will appreciate it.

OK, but if he crotch kicks me, I am coming up there to MA and......well.....show you my ugly mug and scare the hell outta ya.

Shaolinlueb
07-21-2007, 10:47 PM
OK, but if he crotch kicks me, I am coming up there to MA and......well.....show you my ugly mug and scare the hell outta ya.

he wont. now if you dont bring the ninjetta's thats another story.

xcakid
07-22-2007, 05:17 AM
Well, I got to meet Gene. He was walking around taking pictures. Did not get to talk with him much, I was about to do my weapons form. Tried to look for him afterwards but could not find him.

The comp is pretty good so far. For me overall it sucked. I am in the old man....errr...executive mens division. No one was competing in the intermediate straightsword (traditional). So it was just me. I screwed the form up and still got 1st Place. :( Not really the kind of win I wanted. Samething in the open hand forms.

Gonna go do the continiuos sparring here in about 2hrs. Hopefully I will not be by myself again.

John Takeshi
07-22-2007, 05:41 AM
So, I'll be up for the Taiji Legacy next week. Where do you want to meet, and when?

xcakid
07-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Well I was by myself in the sparring in my division. I did not even bother. Somehow picking a 1st place when you did not even fight is just not the way I want a gold medal. At least in forms I can go by the score wether or not it was deserving.

Overall one the best run tournaments I have been in so far.

Shaolinlueb
07-23-2007, 09:57 AM
did you happen to see the eagle claw division at all?

xcakid
07-23-2007, 10:03 AM
did you happen to see the eagle claw division at all?

Nah, they were about 2 rings over next to the contemporary wushu. I did not think there were many competitors there. I believe only GM Lily Lau's students that came with her from the Bay Area were the only competitors. Caught a glimpse of a kid doing what looked liked quick fist to me.

I was gonna compete in eagle claw intermediate division. But I could not remember any of my eagle forms. Last one I learned was cannon fist and could not even remember that. :(

GeneChing
07-23-2007, 10:24 AM
xcakid and I had a nice chat while watching a fine sanshou bout. That was equally distracting as Bone Daddy's must have been. We'd chat and then every once in a while trail off to cheer or wince. The sanshou was quite good this year.

I'll have more to say about TJL here later. Just thought I'd check in quickly, since I'm back...

xcakid
07-23-2007, 10:30 AM
Great meeting ya Gene. Since you offered on answering question on Xiao Hong Quan, expect some PM's coming your way soon. :p

Yeah the sanshou matches were awesome. My school mate won his first match by knock out. His next match though, he got knocked out. Oh well. He is currently at the dr. get his nose set back. Glad it wasnt me. :D Can't wait to see him in class tonight.

Pork Chop
07-23-2007, 03:37 PM
wish i'd actually made it up to the event.
got really busy, staying out till 4am every night this weekend.
man i'm exhausted.
really wanted to see the san shou.

htowndragon
07-23-2007, 06:28 PM
san shou fight recap

i weighed in at 136 pounds the day before, and at that point i was the lightest fighter. an ex San Da champion had trained some fighters to compete, and i was fighting one of his guys who has been fighting san shou for two years. this was my first full contact match in the ring, and i sure as hell didn't know the ring.

the Lei Tai (fighting platform) had no ropes, so u basically lost if u got pushed off the platform three times in a round. the fight started, and i could tell that my opponent for one was way more experienced than me, and two, fast as hell. i started off throwing some leg kicks that weren't having much effect on him, then i had these spurts where i went in and started throwing punches. thats the only time i had the edge. i was rocking him and he couldn't do **** to stop it other than ducking and try to grapple with me. the grappling usually ended in me getting pushed out of the ring. i got pushed out of the ring three times in the first round and lost that round.

round two, a little gassed out but still going strong with the adrenaline pump. did the same strategy. it started off with some kicking, and i threw a low roundhouse under his push kick and kicked him straight in the knee. it worked, but i fractured my foot and didnt know until later. then i threw a corkscrew punch with my left hand to his face then came in firing. rocked him a few times and we both went to the ground because he did the same thing he did last time. i landed outside of the ring, he landed inside. this happened a few more times. then at one point i got tired, dropped my right guard, and he fired a full powered roundhouse kick to my face. everyone thought i was gonna quit or it was a knockout. i got back up and was ready to go.

the ref came up to me and stopped me. he asked if i wanted to continue fighting. i told him of course i wanna continue fighting. he wanted to make sure i wasnt knocked out and dazed so he asked me a bunch of stupid questions like where are we? so i told him we're in dallas in a fighting tournament and i wanted to fight goddamit. i seriously rolled my eyes at him as i said it. i got the eight count and did the same thing i did before, but i got pushed off the ring again some time in the process. so i got pushed out of the ring another three times, he won the round, and i lost the match.

and i fractured my foot. end of story.

Shaolinlueb
07-23-2007, 08:26 PM
htown

congrats on getting into the ring man. it takes some guts man. just sounds like you need to know the ring a little bit better. it doesnt seem to have a lack of skill.

SL

htowndragon
07-23-2007, 10:39 PM
well im lacking in some areas in judging range and stuff, at least i know what i have to work on

SanHeChuan
07-24-2007, 12:02 AM
This ex sanda champ wasn't out of Lubbock TX was he?
Do you know the name of the guy you fought?

Why didn't you get video? ;)

I so wanted to go this year, but I'm too broke to pay my bills let alone a road trip. :mad: :o :(

At least there is the Austin Martial arts festival in October. I here the san shou is a little small but its "rounded out" by MMA types.

xcakid
07-24-2007, 06:55 AM
I think I saw your match htown, you did pretty well. Wish I knew you were on the board. I coulda came up and said hi.

bodhitree
07-24-2007, 07:20 AM
san shou fight recap

i weighed in at 136 pounds the day before, and at that point i was the lightest fighter. an ex San Da champion had trained some fighters to compete, and i was fighting one of his guys who has been fighting san shou for two years. this was my first full contact match in the ring, and i sure as hell didn't know the ring.

the Lei Tai (fighting platform) had no ropes, so u basically lost if u got pushed off the platform three times in a round. the fight started, and i could tell that my opponent for one was way more experienced than me, and two, fast as hell. i started off throwing some leg kicks that weren't having much effect on him, then i had these spurts where i went in and started throwing punches. thats the only time i had the edge. i was rocking him and he couldn't do **** to stop it other than ducking and try to grapple with me. the grappling usually ended in me getting pushed out of the ring. i got pushed out of the ring three times in the first round and lost that round.

round two, a little gassed out but still going strong with the adrenaline pump. did the same strategy. it started off with some kicking, and i threw a low roundhouse under his push kick and kicked him straight in the knee. it worked, but i fractured my foot and didnt know until later. then i threw a corkscrew punch with my left hand to his face then came in firing. rocked him a few times and we both went to the ground because he did the same thing he did last time. i landed outside of the ring, he landed inside. this happened a few more times. then at one point i got tired, dropped my right guard, and he fired a full powered roundhouse kick to my face. everyone thought i was gonna quit or it was a knockout. i got back up and was ready to go.

the ref came up to me and stopped me. he asked if i wanted to continue fighting. i told him of course i wanna continue fighting. he wanted to make sure i wasnt knocked out and dazed so he asked me a bunch of stupid questions like where are we? so i told him we're in dallas in a fighting tournament and i wanted to fight goddamit. i seriously rolled my eyes at him as i said it. i got the eight count and did the same thing i did before, but i got pushed off the ring again some time in the process. so i got pushed out of the ring another three times, he won the round, and i lost the match.

and i fractured my foot. end of story.

Congrats for getting in there and fighting!!! Learn from the loss and be a better fighter because of it.

GeneChing
07-24-2007, 10:16 AM
What were you and your opponent wearing? There were a lot of matches - 40+ - and I had to keep going over to the Grand Champion finals, push hands, Chin Woo, etc. in the other room, so I missed a lot. But I think I remember a fight that went akin to what you describe. You got to understand - I see fights through a camera lens now, so it makes them a little surreal to follow sometimes.

There was no video permitted in the Sanshou, only the official one from Taiji Legacy. They were pretty vigilant about shutting down videotapers.

xcakid
07-24-2007, 10:30 AM
There was no video permitted in the Sanshou, only the official one from Taiji Legacy. They were pretty vigilant about shutting down videotapers.

All I'm saying is I was carrying around a Nokia N80 cellphone. Google the video specs on that thing. Although if I were capturing some video, I think it would only be of my schools mates fight.

SanHeChuan
07-24-2007, 10:52 AM

What do they sell tapes or something?:eek:

Oh did anyone see the Chen tai chi comp, I had a friend who did Lao jia and a broadsword form?

xcakid
07-24-2007, 11:33 AM
What do they sell tapes or something?:eek:

Oh did anyone see the Chen tai chi comp, I had a friend who did Lao jia and a broadsword form?

Yes they will be selling a DVD of Taiji Legacy 2007. Not sure when that will be released though.

I personally did not watch any of the Taiji comps. I wanted to see the push hands but I was cornering at the sanshou event.

htowndragon
07-24-2007, 11:55 AM
ya the ex san da champ was out of lubbock, the guy i was fightings name was silva

i was wearing a white undershirt with sleeves ripped off and black kung fu pants cuz it was cold and i didnt wanna wear shorts. my oppponent was wearing one of those body suits, tight shirt, tight pants, but the elastic kind, looked a little bit like what lance armstrong would wear.

htowndragon
07-24-2007, 12:14 PM
http://a757.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/110/l_9cce66c6a008ba77e63f538fc973bc2c.jpg

SanHeChuan
07-24-2007, 12:15 PM
I used to train in lubbock, I don't know Silva though.

He could of been one of the guys that went to china to fight the Chinese Police sanda team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfzKNpR4TAI&mode=related&search=

GeneChing
07-24-2007, 03:14 PM
I'm afraid I didn't catch any shots of you. Not that I can find anyway. I delete as I go and sanshou is the most challenging (and fun) to shoot. You have to anticipate the hit. I do have that sports mode function on the camera, but I've yet to master it. I was getting better results with the flash in that lighting anyway. So in order to get a good sanshou pic out of me, you had to be at the judges table side of the ring and I had to click at just the right moment. A true crap shoot.

I got to assist with backboarding one of the fighters that got knocked out. Never used a cardboard backboard before - never even seen one like that before. All the backboards I've ever worked with were metal or high-impact plastic.

BruceSteveRoy
07-24-2007, 06:37 PM
i saw gene a few times at the tournament but each time he was with some lady. i kept insisting to my wife that is was important for me to tail him and deliver nachos when he least expected it but since he was talkin to the ladies i didnt want to interupt his mojo. my wife offered to tail him instead (since i was competing) but i had to put the kaibosh on that. it seems the lady folk get trapped in genes orbit and cant escape. either that or he was drinkin pimp juice all weekend. anyway, the thought was there to deliver nachos. maybe next year.

xcakid
07-24-2007, 06:59 PM
Man all these people from this board attended Taiji Legacy!?!?!?! We really need to get together prior to the event. Or perhaps a lot of you just want to remain anonymous.

yutyeesam
07-24-2007, 07:34 PM
I only came on Sunday to see the San Shou, so I didn't really know who was who from the forums.

Gene- what was the name of that Italian martial arts magazine that has a centerfold? I think this should be the next kungfumagazine concept. :D

GeneChing
07-25-2007, 01:52 PM
I had numerous people come up to me and say that they read the forum, but didn't post. They just lurked. That's the hidden stat here. Who knows how many lurkers we have? I suppose I could compare page views somehow, but that sounds like a lot of math to me.

BruceSteveRoy: I'm totally tripping on what you said. I thought I was hanging out with too many sanshou guys this year. Or maybe you mistook xcakid? No..no.. there's no way that could have been. So I had my mojo working, eh? Next time anyone notices this, please come up and tell me.

yutyeesam: If memory serves it was titled Samurai Banzai Pugalto (sp?) Honestly I only saw one issue, the one that I had an article translated in, but it was a fine mag, and not just for the centerfold. Of course, I don't read Italian, so who knows?

hskwarrior
07-25-2007, 02:25 PM
htwown did great for his first time in the ring, aside from wearing the wrong head gear. One of Joe Keits guys and myself worked htown's corner, and although htown was rocked hard, he continued with his fight much to the surprise of the spectators.

but dogchow, i missed seeing you there. shaolin lueb and master killer.

however i did meet a few forum goers that were great to hang out with.

im still in texas training my students, and its mf'in hot down here!!!!!

yutyeesam
07-25-2007, 02:42 PM
HSK-
Man, I wish we got a chance to hang longer, seems like we were both pretty preoccupied on Sunday. I wanted my students to meet you. One student said to me, "Hey is that Sifu Frank?"

What part of TX are you in? It's actually not as hot as it usually is here...by now, we'd normally be in the triple digits!

Oh, incidentally, one of my students is a professional photgrapher and got some really good shots of Sunday's San Shou matches. Once she gets them up on her Flicker site, I'll post the link here, so check back on this thread for it.

Shaolinlueb
07-25-2007, 05:41 PM
hsk

wish i could have been there. it would have been great.

hskwarrior
07-25-2007, 07:32 PM
yeah it would have been,

how you doing A?

PHILBERT
07-27-2007, 08:47 PM
****, I completely forgot and missed it this year. I didn't realize it was last weekend or I would have shown up.

Well hopefully I can make it next year then.

yutyeesam
07-30-2007, 10:42 AM
As promised, here are the San Shou photos from the 2007 Taiji Legacy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deborahsmith/sets/72157601024169322/

Enjoy,

xcakid
07-30-2007, 11:13 AM
Cool pics. Thanks for sharing. Ya know, I passed by you at the SanShou match and outside. Didn't know it was you and you posted on this board. :)

yutyeesam
07-30-2007, 12:20 PM
Cool pics. Thanks for sharing. Ya know, I passed by you at the SanShou match and outside. Didn't know it was you and you posted on this board. :)

Next year I'll definitely try to make any KFM gathering pre-TJL. Are you still in DFW? There's Austin MA Festival coming up in Oct 6-7 http://www.austinmartialartsfestival.org/

You should stop by!

yutyeesam
07-30-2007, 01:36 PM
I think my student Debbie took some really good pictures! You guys should have her be photographer next year...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deborahsmith/sets/72157601024169322/

htowndragon
07-30-2007, 03:46 PM
ill be at the festival, since i live in austin

i met the guy in the red mohawk. your the fighter right?

htowndragon
07-30-2007, 03:49 PM
man now im ****ed. no one got a single good shot of my fight. i want those warrior photos too...

GeneChing
07-31-2007, 09:36 AM
...although, if I didn't have to take photos, I could focus on getting my mojo working (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showpost.php?p=781722&postcount=69)...:cool:

Those are some nice shots. Unfortunately, we only have a budget for one photographer at this event. Will Debbie be at any of the Tiger Claw Elites (http://www.tigerclawelite.com/)?

xcakid
07-31-2007, 01:47 PM
Next year I'll definitely try to make any KFM gathering pre-TJL. Are you still in DFW? There's Austin MA Festival coming up in Oct 6-7 http://www.austinmartialartsfestival.org/

You should stop by!

Planning to. But my contract job just ended. So now its depending wether or not I can get another consulting gig or a perm job before then.