PDA

View Full Version : Working out

mambi
06-28-2007, 05:49 PM
Any one been able to maintain for an extended period of time working a set of forms or shadow sparring on their own? Ive tried but only lasts brief days. Thats the mark of true dedication and Ive never heard anyone be successful at sticking with it ?:confused:

RD'S Alias - 1A
06-28-2007, 06:08 PM
I have been training on my own for many years. I actually prefer it.

SoCo KungFu
06-28-2007, 06:32 PM
I get frustrated at kung fu if all there is to do is forms. The most I've gone training on my own has been about 3 months. Then I start to do less MA type stuff and more just regular working out. The only time I'm really having fun is when I get to spar or something. I honestly find it very difficult to get motivated if all I can do is practice forms. I'd rather go do 3 star conditioning on my palm tree.

RD'S Alias - 1A
06-28-2007, 06:34 PM
I mix it up, 6 weeks stance work, 6 weeks mechanics,I mix conditioning in there as well.

mambi
06-28-2007, 07:24 PM
I ve tried and keeping it to basics, like you say stances throw in some forms.From Praying Mantis with Sifu Matt , learned some hand drills .I know enough to mix them up. Extremely hard by self so I congratulate you..Need to try again. How about location and being uncomfortable with onlookers ? Honestly thats my biggest obstacle.. self conscious.. really need to get over that,,,,,,, (Miss it more than just about anything) Feedback is support for the MA s, Basics: