PDA

View Full Version : Product Review: TC hanging bags and hand targets

Oso
06-30-2007, 07:55 AM
http://www.martialartsmart.net/10-820.html

Just purchased the above bags but empty to fill myself. They are nice. Good heavy cordura nylon construction and the straps seem to be fastened very well.
Haven't had anyone kick on them yet but will update when I do.

http://www.martialartsmart.net/10836.html

Also just purchased these as well. They too seem very well made and a decent price.

RD'S Alias - 1A
06-30-2007, 09:12 AM
Do you think they are made well enough to hold up 450 LBS of iron sawdust?

Oso
06-30-2007, 09:51 AM
uh, no...but I doubt any bag designed to be less than a 450 pound bag will...and I don't think I've ever seen a '450 pound' bag for sale anywhere.

MasterKiller
06-30-2007, 10:10 AM
You could have gotten a real 100-lb Thai bag from combat sports for the same price, and it comes filled.

I'm just sayin.

RD'S Alias - 1A
06-30-2007, 10:27 AM
I have 450 LBS of Iron sawdust...so far it's broken every bag I ever put it in by ripping the stitches out of the area where the chains connect.

Oso
06-30-2007, 01:29 PM
You could have gotten a real 100-lb Thai bag from combat sports for the same price, and it comes filled.

I'm just sayin.

1 - didn't pay retail, of course

2 - i bought the 20# unfilled so I could fill them myselves for kids class

I have 450 LBS of Iron sawdust...so far it's broken every bag I ever put it in by ripping the stitches out of the area where the chains connect.

duh....there may be bigger bags out there but I think the biggest standard bag is just for 100 pounds

OF COURSE your 450 pounds of 'iron sawdust' is going to rip out a normal type bag.

Black Jack II
06-30-2007, 02:18 PM
A 450 bag would be a cool thing to see but I really don't see what extra it can accomplish besides the wicked neato factor.

RD'S Alias - 1A
06-30-2007, 04:55 PM
It's good for perfecting your mechanics....you have to be really precise to move it much.

It's good for kicks too (Maybe even better for them), but kind of hard on the knuckles. I wrapped a mung bean bag around it for punching because the Iron sawdust was just too hard.

Of course now, it's just in a small series of duffle bags until I can find a strong enough bag and a place to hang it...I ripped a joist out of the porch above mine last year with it.

I actually have closer to 500lbs, but that much won't fit in a standard everlast bag.

Black Jack II
06-30-2007, 05:05 PM
I bet if you searched you could find a leather craftsmen maybe to put something together but the price would be insane I bet.

I have tended to go the lighter route with my bags nowadays. 100lbs is a good main for my drills but I actually somewhat prefer to work my strikes on the hanging canvas 50lb after I did some research on what the old bareknucklers used to work on.

Just depends on my mood I guess.

RD'S Alias - 1A
06-30-2007, 05:14 PM
I think I may try through bolting the straps with some wide heavy gauge washers to reinforce them next time I get a good place to set it up.

Oso
06-30-2007, 06:47 PM
dude, you'll need a bag sewn with really strong thread...like spectra cord or kevlar or something.

you won't find it commercially made and custom made means you'll have to give up your match.com membership :D