PDA

View Full Version : another oldster takes a stand

Oso
07-05-2007, 07:14 PM
http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200770705005

xcakid
07-05-2007, 07:20 PM
Oh yeah. Me likey a lot. I would say he still has his sharp shooting skills to bank a shot like that off the ceiling. I can't even do that in pool.

"but officer, I did fire a warning shot. not my fault it hit em." :D ROFL :D

Another situation here, with some robbers in the DFW area. http://www.star-telegram.com/metro_news/story/158522.html

Oso
07-05-2007, 07:29 PM
well, in NC at least, if the person is in your home and facing you you don't need a warning shot.

the moral is: if you shoot him when he's running away, turn him over real quick and shoot him fast so the coroner can't tell the time difference and you can claim he spun as you double tapped....oh, wait, that won't work...ok, I double tapped him and he spun and I was scared and fired two more times....yea, that's it...just kill the ****er who broke in so it's your word against his...dead one :D

I'm getting ready to move to a not to savory area and will be purchasing a firearm for the first time since 2000. I know a shotgun is the weapon of choice for home defense but I still like the thought of 15 rounds of 10mm in double action....

Oso
07-05-2007, 07:30 PM
wtf is 'invasion style manner' :confused::confused::confused:

Mr Punch
07-05-2007, 07:33 PM
He could've hurt someone with that...! :eek:

Forunately he just hit the perp in the head, where it appears there was nothing vital to damage.

It's interesting that old curmudgeons everywhere are taking more of a stand against young perps than most of the younger people these days. If more people tackled so-called chavs in the UK (including the police who've been completely emasculated by 'write everything in quadruplicate' BS), pointless, unworkable legislation like ASBOs wouldn't be necessary. It may end up being war on the streets for a while, but without wishing to sound too reactionary, sometimes you just need to fight.

xcakid
07-05-2007, 07:35 PM
I'm getting ready to move to a not to savory area and will be purchasing a firearm for the first time since 2000. I know a shotgun is the weapon of choice for home defense but I still like the thought of 15 rounds of 10mm in double action....

I agree!!! Might I suggest a Glock 20.

Although I am not a big fan of the 10MM. More of a .40 guy myself. I own a Glock 22 which I use for concealed carry. As well as a Glock 19. But my home defense is a Mossberg 590A1 loaded with .00 buck and a rifled slug every 3rd shot, and a 1911 .45ACP Both great stopping power and since I live in an apartment, I dont have to worry about over penetration.

Mr Punch
07-05-2007, 07:37 PM
wtf is 'invasion style manner' :confused::confused::confused:They sold the storekeeper some weapons, carpet bombed the whole area, and drove over some 4000 year-old relics??? :confused:

n00854180t
07-05-2007, 07:40 PM
I'll put my vote in for a double eagle or 357 magnum. I prefer rifles though, really(gimme an M16A2 and I'm good to go...can probably still disassemble and clean them from memory), just not too practical for home defense.

n00854180t
07-05-2007, 07:41 PM
I think he means they looked *sneaky* while doing it! :D Because casual robbers aren't "invasion style" haha.

xcakid
07-05-2007, 07:41 PM

Not sure what that means, but you know how the media likes to sensationalize everything.

xcakid
07-05-2007, 07:43 PM
I'll put my vote in for a double eagle or 357 magnum. I prefer rifles though, really(gimme an M16A2 and I'm good to go...can probably still disassemble and clean them from memory), just not too practical for home defense.

Hey ya know that now you're in TX, you can have full auto weapons. Granted you can get your local sherriff to sign of on the paperwork (form4), pass the extensive background check and the $15K+ for the M16. :D Gonna have to show you my semi auto M4.

n00854180t
07-05-2007, 07:49 PM
**** nice! I knew the gun laws here were less stringent than in California, but didn't realize you can have full auto. What about the M249? Although the burst fire on M16's is practically worthless :P Much more effective to use the three rounds with well aimed shots. And it tends to jam the *******s up some. I'd probably buy an M4 if I had the cash to spare. Nothing like making Mickey ears on a 300 yard target with 6 rounds.

Yeah, would definitely like to check it out!

Oso
07-05-2007, 07:52 PM
He could've hurt someone with that...!

not likely w/ a .22 from inside the building. it wouldn't make it ouside unless it hit a window but even glass would take much of the energy out of it.

my grandfather's home defense weapon was a 10-22. And he did end up using it against an intruder one night. shot the fu((er in the leg a couple of times.

xcakid: are you x CA because they don't like guns? :D

I'm probably going to settle on a basic Mossberg 500 simply due to cost. We just bought the house and what with needing a new fridge, new ac and a new lawnmower...

I really, really want (santa puhleeeeeezzzeee) a Springfield SOCOM II....gawdam I've never lusted over a weapon so much....but will settle for the 500 and trick it out via cheaperthandirt.com

They sold the storekeeper some weapons, carpet bombed the whole area, and drove over some 4000 year-old relics???

I think he means they looked *sneaky* while doing it! Because casual robbers aren't "invasion style" haha.

Not sure what that means, but you know how the media likes to sensationalize everything.

LOL, can I get a vote for question of the day?

TenTigers
07-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Mossberg 500 is a great, inexpensive shotgun. Comes with many interchangable barrels, from a short barrel great for home defense, to their slugster barrel-rifled with an integral scope mount, as well as a skeet barrel with interchangable chokes. The handguns are great back-up, but miss by an inch is a good as a mile, whereas a good spread will still take him out. The other great thing is everybody recognizes that unmistakable sound of a pump gun being racked. That, and staring down the business end of a 12 guage is enough to make most people sh1t themselves. Once you get settled, take the OL down to the local skeet range, and teach her how to handle it. Besides, you now have a great hobby that you can enjoy together.

TenTigers
07-05-2007, 09:59 PM
also-nuthin better than moving into a new home, in front of the local riff-raff, and bringing in your gun locker, and then making several trips back and forth from the car, each time carrying another firearm. My neighbors thought I was setting up a fortress. Then you can get a shovel, and carry several bodybags, rolled up carpets,a trunk, a few bowling ball bags...chainsaw...some quicklime...

xcakid
07-06-2007, 04:43 AM
**** nice! I knew the gun laws here were less stringent than in California, but didn't realize you can have full auto. What about the M249? Although the burst fire on M16's is practically worthless :P Much more effective to use the three rounds with well aimed shots. And it tends to jam the *******s up some. I'd probably buy an M4 if I had the cash to spare. Nothing like making Mickey ears on a 300 yard target with 6 rounds.

M249 SAW if you can find em. Not many in civilian market. They are upward of $20-30k last I looked. Around the same price for an M60E2. Cheapest way to start off with full auto is a MAC10/11. A guy I shoot with got one for around $1500. There are sub gun shoots here in TX as well so you can use them for competitions. Although living in Dallas county, good luck getting the sherriff to sign off on your paperwork. Best county for that is Denton. They actually have a dept. that does all the initial background checks. If you have a CHL, much easier.

You can have a concealed carry license here in TX. Providing again you pass a background check and handgun proficiency exam and written exam on laws. Prior military never has a problem with this.

xcakid: are you x CA because they don't like guns? :D

Oh you betcha. They exiled my Moderate Republican, Catholic, Guntoting NRA a$$ outta there. I was into martial arts and guns. By CA standards I am considered a "violent individual"

xcakid
07-06-2007, 04:49 AM
I'd probably buy an M4 if I had the cash to spare. Nothing like making Mickey ears on a 300 yard target with 6 rounds.

Heres a full auto one for sale. Only $10K plus the $200 the ATF charges. And tfr fees, but I know a licensed dealer nearby that will do it for under $100. :D

http://www.gunsamerica.com/976885548/Guns/Rifles/Class-3-Rifles/WTS_M_16_Olympic_Sendra.htm

Really not an M4 but thats an easy conversion, upper assy, and telescoping stock.

n00854180t
07-06-2007, 09:07 AM
Don't think I'd buy a SAW if I could afford it. Those things are a ***** to carry. Might have to pick up some sort of pistol though.

rogue
07-06-2007, 09:46 AM
also-nuthin better than moving into a new home, in front of the local riff-raff, and bringing in your gun locker, and then making several trips back and forth from the car, each time carrying another firearm. My neighbors thought I was setting up a fortress. Then you can get a shovel, and carry several bodybags, rolled up carpets,a trunk, a few bowling ball bags...chainsaw...some quicklime...

They let you have guns on LI?:eek:

TenTigers
07-06-2007, 11:04 PM
sure. of course, for my pistol licence, I had to go through a six month waiting period and federal backround check. Hooked up with a personal security agency and got full carry easy enough, but that was in the eighties, nowadays, it's alot harder. You can still buy rifles in stores, though.

rogue
07-07-2007, 01:21 PM
Wow, all I had to do was attend a 4 hour class for my concealed handgun permit. :p

jdhowland
07-08-2007, 08:23 AM
And then there's Alaska. No license required here for concealed carry.

Hau Tien
07-08-2007, 09:31 AM
They sold the storekeeper some weapons, carpet bombed the whole area, and drove over some 4000 year-old relics??? :confused:

That just about made me shoot milk out my nose. And I haven't had any milk today!

Golden Spider
07-09-2007, 12:41 AM
Well, don't vote 'fer Hillary mates, she'll take yer registered weapons for sure. Warn and remind all your friends.
~That was a public service announcement BTW. (and a little propaganda)