PDA

View Full Version : iron body, but what about iron head/face?

Aeturnal
07-07-2007, 12:26 AM
is there a system that helps protect the face and head? can the same techniques of iron body training apply to the face and head as well? it seems that this would be an obvious and beneficial area of interest especially if u do sanda or some kind of kickboxing that frequently involves getting knocked in the head....anyone? :)

golden arhat
07-07-2007, 02:33 AM
i've seen iron eyes before
and iron neck

u still wouldnt last if u could do them cos u need about a half hour t9 get it all ready
so its practically useless in a real situation

Notintheface
07-07-2007, 02:37 AM
Wtf iron eyes now I have heard everything!!!!!!

TenTigers
07-07-2007, 05:58 AM
yeah? SHOW me.
Anyway, in SPM, the iron body is taught, and although one learns to take strikes to the throat, I wouldn't bank on it. In Chow Ga SPM, Ip Sui can take a full shot to the cajones-he literally draws his testicles up. This is on youtube. My Si-Hing visited him , and he did the same thing. "Here! Feel my groin!" (this would not sit comfortable with me) and he grabs my Si-Hing's hand and makes him feel it. (I've also done this, but not with my Si-Hing, and she was much prettier...)
In Southern infighting, the body is concaved and the upper arms and elbow in position protect the body, while the hands are in front to protect the face.
BUT..We also practice ducking, slipping, bob and weave.

David Jamieson
07-07-2007, 05:59 AM
buy armor, wear it and never fight.

your problem is solved.

RonH
07-07-2007, 08:06 AM
I've never heard of a specific system, but the same ones used in other parts of the body will work for any part of the head. Just don't do hard physical contact. Now, you can tap your skull to make it stronger, but that won't make your brain stronger. Just follow the way of 'energy follows mind' to stimulate the energy centers/points for the eyes, brain, throat, mouth and every other part of the head/neck area and know that the tissues of this area are just as strong as any other part of the body, as you develop them, too.

RonH
07-07-2007, 08:08 AM
In Chow Ga SPM, Ip Sui can take a full shot to the cajones-he literally draws his testicles up. This is on youtube.

Can he do it without drawing them up?

Eddie
07-07-2007, 08:45 AM
I’ve also been wondering about this. Wont call it iron head, rather head conditioning or something like that.

Some people are more sensitive to head shots than others. Even the slightest blow to the head could be devastating to some, and not to others. There must be some way you can condition your body to be able to take blows to the head?

I’ve heard that some people practice something where they keep hitting their partners on the head and go harder as time goes by. This tactic scares me a little, as want to be stuck with brain damage or anything like that.

Someone once suggested to me that the answer lies more in meditation, but the story sounded way to hocus pocus to me.

golden arhat
07-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Wtf iron eyes now I have heard everything!!!!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-ZST7CE7v-M

see watch the whole thing

iron eyes

Black Jack II
07-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Like iron eyes is going to prevent anything, so full of crap.

SaintSage
07-07-2007, 03:32 PM

It'll prevent someone from having to read your posts!

Hehe, just kidding. I just saw an opening and I had to take it!;)

Shaolin Wookie
07-07-2007, 03:33 PM
I’ve also been wondering about this. Wont call it iron head, rather head conditioning or something like that.

Some people are more sensitive to head shots than others. Even the slightest blow to the head could be devastating to some, and not to others. There must be some way you can condition your body to be able to take blows to the head?

I’ve heard that some people practice something where they keep hitting their partners on the head and go harder as time goes by. This tactic scares me a little, as want to be stuck with brain damage or anything like that.

Someone once suggested to me that the answer lies more in meditation, but the story sounded way to hocus pocus to me.

I've heard iron head practitioners are a lot like weathered boxers....they stutter, are rather "punchy", and sometimes have trouble focusing.

golden arhat
07-07-2007, 04:46 PM

i didnt say i believed in it

merely that it existed

Black Jack II
07-07-2007, 05:36 PM
Golden, I know, never said you did. But just that its out there means someone does.;)

stonewarrior67
07-07-2007, 08:21 PM
There's What's Called Golden Bell Training. In The Early '80's Gary Clyman Trained In It And Then Asked The Great Grand Master Of Shuai Chiao, Chang Dung Sheng, To Punch Him To Test It Out. Gm Chang Obliged And Gave Him A Few Hsing-i Shots To His Chops. That's Clyman's Claim To Fame To This Day That He Withstood Being Hurt By Gm Chang. You Can Still Find Photographs And Video Of It.

Some Say That Gm Chang Was Weak In His Old Age Or That Clyman's Golden Bell Training Must Have Worked.

I Say Gm Chang Being An Ambassador From Taiwan, A Gentleman And A Guest In Our Country Did Not Want To Kill Clyman. In Fact I Have No Doubt He Could Have Killed Him While He Was On His Death Bed !!! If You See The Video The Punches From Gm Chang Are All Arm And He Does Not Use The Right Angle Or Any Body Torque To Deliver Them. He Was Being Nice.

As Far As The Training Itself I Have No Idea What It Consists Of. Good Luck In Your Search.

Notintheface
07-07-2007, 09:15 PM
:rolleyes:

Ngfamilymember
07-07-2007, 09:28 PM
Sad, just pathetically sad!

I can't wait to see some of these ppl truely test out these "skills".

Thanks,

Shaolinlueb
07-08-2007, 07:46 PM
a lot of these chi things are just for health.

i doubt these guys go out and say punch me in the face. its a control chi thing.

i have seen some good chi.

chi is something you have to experience.

Notintheface
07-08-2007, 07:53 PM
chi is something you have to experience

I tell that to my wife all the time...and she says give me batteries any day:(

I need a new wife!

Golden Spider
07-09-2007, 01:15 AM
Hmmmm. 'Reckon you could rub ditdajow on 'yer eyelids? Sounds risky....

TenTigers
07-09-2007, 06:30 AM
stage theatrics-these have been done for centuries and are still being done today. Most of these you could do with little or no trainng, except for theatrical performance trainng-certainly not ch'i-gung.
1-iron bar or rebar, or spear,gim, arrows, atc on neck- The pressure is not on the soft tissues in front of the neck, but rather downward on the supersternal notch. With even more training, you can bend it upwards, but then you also use your chin.It' easy and anyone can do this. I used to do this when I was a teen at parties with carving knives and I've actually snapped one on my throat. The snapping blade is dangerous, and was a total accident, but since I was unharmed, it looked twice as cool! (don't try that one)
2-bed of nails-we all know how that works
3-sword on chest being hit with steel bar-swords cut on the draw, which is why you can slice banannas and press your thumb into the blade and not get hurt. Same way people walk on those stairs of swords,or cut melons with katanas on people's bodies. Notice the first whacks with the steel bar are sideways, and the last one is with the bar flat, so it bends. He is also supporting the blade with his hands to lessen the impact.
4-guillotine is based on the same principle. Breaking bricks, stone slabs,etc on the body is possible because the bricks are brittle and the body is soft and pliant. Anyone who has ever done masonry knows how to do this, as we hold the brick in our palm and tap it with the hammer to snap it in half. (was a bricklayer for a bit) Notice when he hits it with the sledge, he doesn't whack it as if he is tryiing to smash it, he is simply tapping it with control. No follow through.
5-driving over a body has been done with cars, jeeps,etc. The way the ramp is set up with the middle board displaces the weight of the vehicle. There is never full weight directly upon the body. Using the bed of nails is definately cooler, but also notice that the host was able to lift the scooter. Do it with something heavier, like a Harley. Bring a mop.
6-ok-the eyes. You can bet he was putting the pressure not directly on the eyeballs-the eyelids are a membrane, and the eyes are fragile (resilient yes, but fragile and full of nerves) But on the ridge of his brow. Also not inward and upward toward the center (nose) due to the nerves at those points (we grab there in HG) but definately under the brow bone.
oh, and btw, did you notice how they are very performance oriented in their delivery of the routines? They even mentioned that they travel all over the world to do these performances. They are simply circus acts.

MasterKiller
07-09-2007, 06:44 AM
I tell that to my wife all the time...and she says give me batteries any day:(

Sorry. I asked her to quit calling me "batteries."

Notintheface
07-09-2007, 06:53 AM
Hey, as long as you have her back in time to cook dinner ;)

xcakid
07-09-2007, 07:05 AM
is there a system that helps protect the face and head?

I thought that was what learning how to block and dodge/weave is for.

Shaolinlueb
07-09-2007, 10:35 AM
I thought that was what learning how to block and dodge/weave is for.

i thought they were called helmets?

GeneChing
07-09-2007, 01:57 PM
Check out my article An Iron Head Points to the Moon: Shaolin Wushuguan’s Senior Master, Monk Shi Sugang in our 2005 Shaolin special (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=590).