PDA

View Full Version : Cannon films

kungpowmaster
07-08-2007, 07:22 AM
Hi,

What's happened with the forum lately? It seems to have really slowed down. I wrote a few good posts, about Benoit, and Drunken Master 3, and no one ever replied....

Oh well.

Lately, I've been wanting to collect the Cannon Films, martial arts movies. I found a cool website, Cannon Films Appreciation site, I'm sure you can Google it if interested.

The other day I was at the mall, and found a few.

I got:

American Kickboxer 1.(Cannon Films DVD)
I watched this that night, and while no Rocky, I did find it enjoyable, and fun, and would watch again.

American Samurai.(Cannon Films DVD)
I started this one, maybe halfway through so far. It's pretty good so far, seems kinda more like a mystery drama with some Samurai stuff.

Revenge of the Ninja.(MGM)
I have read great reviews of this one. It's the "sequel" of Enter the Ninja, which I haven't seen either, and it not available in the US.

And a non-martial art movie,

The Mummy Lives(Cannon Films DVD)
Haven't seen this either. Looks corny.

I was looking for some American Ninja, but they didn't have any. I was out of money anyway.

These were all new, on sale, and it costs as much to buy them than to rent them, si I buy 'em.

Comments welcome,

The Chosen One

kungpowmaster
07-22-2007, 08:27 AM
Hi,

Yesterday I picked up Bloodsport.

It was very good. I don't think I'd ever seen it all the way.

Van Damme was very good. I am ignorant of his, and most of the MA stars, but did he win any actual competitions? I mean, whats his non-movie MA history, if any?

This movie was very similar to American Samurai.

Is Kickboxer good?

Chosen One.

kungpowmaster
07-24-2007, 05:19 PM
This forum has really died, at least in this section....

Anyway, after I watched Bloodsport, I watched another movie I had,

it's not a Cannon film,

Called Blood Fight. This also had Bolo Yeung. It was pretty good. The bad punk caucasion guy.... I could swear as I watched it, that it was the same guy in many of the Lat/Tang Ninja movies.....

Well, on the creidts, he is listed as Stuart Smita. But the guy in the Ninja movies is named Stuart Smith, so, it's obviously the same guy.

He's great. I think he's in Thundering Ninja too, and Ninja Destroyer, and others,

Chosen One