PDA

View Full Version : chicago/cali peeps anyone know anything about thsi school??

Black Jack II
07-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Chicago or Cali peeps.

Anyone know anything about this school, teachers, there line, anything. Curious as they just opened up a very looking traditional kwoon not far from my house on route 59, actually Royal it is in the same place your buds went under.

Being the noosy goose that I am I checked online and this is the website they list but no links on the site showcase the opening in Naperville, Il.

Looks like Wushu but its hard to tell with picks.

www.allstarkungfu.com

RD'S Alias - 1A
07-08-2007, 11:05 AM
I have been curious about them as well. I'm kind of ****ed about it actually...all that work we did to build that place out, and give it it's cool Purple paint scheme, and these guys just ripped it apart and painted it white again.... :(

There is not a lot of foot traffic there though. unless they OPEN with enough students to cover the bills and over head, I give them 6-8 months before they close.

B-Rad
07-08-2007, 11:12 AM
Well, it would definitely teach sport wushu forms. Whether it's only sport wushu or sport wushu and something else is hard to tell from the website. It says the teacher specialized in baji quan, but that could just mean he learned the sport form and competed with it rather than learned a whole baji quan system. Looks like the website has been abandoned. Nice looking school though :)

Black Jack II
07-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Royal,

I was suprised to see any new school there, but it does look like they came with students of some sort, odd they use this old website instead of a new one.

At first I thought it was your hung gar bud trying it with a different approach but then who would be that much of a sadist. Heh.

RD'S Alias - 1A
07-08-2007, 12:40 PM
No, it's not him. He is actually more of a Zhao Bao Taiji guy. Hung Gar was what he did previously.

He is still teaching at the rec center on Eola rd in Aurora a few nites a week, as well as doing Taiji classes in various locals in the area. Feel free to stop by. Tell him you know me form the forum. He's always looking to make friends in the martial community. I know he's there Wednesday evenings for sure.

I have a couple guys I am teaching the Tai Tzu 32 posture form to on Tuesdays at Rivebreez Art and Yoga in down town Aurora as well, and another I am trying to groom as a future training partner on Thursdays, so we are still around.

As for the guy in our old spot, if you look at thier site they list Xiao Hong Chuan as one of the early forms in thier system. That is a really old traditional Shaolin set developed out of Tai Tzu Chang Chuan. Although you do see it in Wushu schools too.

boshea
07-08-2007, 04:46 PM
Chicago or Cali peeps.

Anyone know anything about this school, teachers, there line, anything. Curious as they just opened up a very looking traditional kwoon not far from my house on route 59, actually Royal it is in the same place your buds went under.

Being the noosy goose that I am I checked online and this is the website they list but no links on the site showcase the opening in Naperville, Il.

Looks like Wushu but its hard to tell with picks.

www.allstarkungfu.com

The school in Mountain View, California is pretty close to where I train. I'll try to stop by and check it out some time this week.

I looked around the web site (http://www.allstarkungfu.com/) that you listed and didn't see any mention of the school in Chicago. Any idea how they will be affiliated with the school in California (i.e. are they under the same ownership, teaching the same styles, sharing instructors, etc?)