PDA

View Full Version : How's this lineage?

AfroFire
07-08-2007, 03:48 PM
To be honest, I haven't done WC for a few months now (Almost a year!) and for some reason, when I was doing the art I was always a little shy about asking 'the questions'

I guess I am part of the Yip Man lineage in some way, in the sense that Yip Man taught Ip Ching, and Ip Ching taught my master - Master Heimberger, who then taught my sifu, Sifu Talbot, who I learned from.

I don't hear these guys' name flying around too often, particularly Heimberger's. Anyone familiar with them in anyway?

Paul T England
07-09-2007, 02:41 AM
Don't worry about Lineage too much. Ip ching is good.

Indian Giver
07-09-2007, 05:26 AM
While Ip Ching is very good, Heimberger still teaches more like his Leung Ting background rather than Ip Ching's Wing Chun.
If you look, many of Heimberger's former top instructors have left. Greg Lobel, Sean Meyer, Greg Halligan, Rick Frye as well as my Sifu. There is a reason when this many instructors leave an organization.
As a matter of fact in the newest Family Tree book from the VTAA, Heimberger has 4 instructors listed under him, and of the 4 only 1 is still with him. As the title of this post say's "In police work they call that a clue!

AmanuJRY
07-09-2007, 06:26 AM
I got my introduction to WC by Ron Heimberger under LT's org.

The people assosiated with him here are pretty stand-off-ish, they don't want to mix with other WCers. and their program is old fashioned, if that's what you're looking for.

I used to train with Ron's brother-in-law, John McGoldrick, quite a bit...he's got some good WC (he studied LTWC a lot longer than Ron).;)

Chum Kil
07-09-2007, 09:57 AM
For what it's worth, I would stay away from Heimberger and his clan.

Mr Punch
07-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Not popcorn again!

Liddel
07-10-2007, 12:16 AM
I don't hear these guys' name flying around too often, particularly Heimberger's. Anyone familiar with them in anyway?

The topic of this thread has caused quite a war on other forums in the past which i suspect is why his name is kept on the down low.

There are people who had negitive experiences with RON.

Can your Sifu mix it up ? Does he posses skill ? With the knowledge to back it up ?

If the answer is yes to all - forget labels and just train.