PDA

View Full Version : Need Info on Harley Elmore, anyone know him?

qimaster
02-19-2001, 07:44 PM
here is his webpage:

http://www.warriorswaytx.com/main.htm

interested in his level of competency, etc.

shaolin_sifu@hotmail.com

Mike JKD
02-20-2001, 08:32 PM
Qimaster,
Well, I can't speak for the specific details of Harley's qualifications, but I can say this. I began training with Mr. Elmore's group in Springdale Arkansas late in 1992. I had a pretty extensive background in some other martial arts, and although I was young, I felt I was a good judge of what worked and what didn't. Never mind the fact that Harley is certified under Dan Inosanto and Terry Gibson among others...I can tell you unequivocably that his skills are not only very well rounded, but effective, and always improving. When I met Harley, he was probably the most technically complete martial artist that I'd seen to that point in my life. He was effective in every range, and he was an outstanding teacher with a knowledge base that was truly immense. Since that time, he has improved quite literally EVERY aspect of his martial art skill. He is a world class instructor, a proven fighter, and in general, one hell of a good person. His experience and desire to grow and share the martial arts skill, knowledge and experience that he has had makes him, in my mind, one of the most desirable instructors in the world.
As a side note, I see from your post that you live in Witchita Falls. His school is there, so by all means, go see him. Mr. Elmore is very open, honest, and giving so there's no real need to find out about him here when you can just go meet and train with the man. It sounds to me like you've found the right instructor!
Yours Truly,
Mike Brewe

Nature is ruled by the redness of fang and claw...
Ernest Hemmingway

02-21-2001, 12:12 AM
Yes I know him. I have been training with him for the past two years. If you are concered about his compentancy, let me assure you he is one of the best martial artist I have ever known. I have seen him in action and he is extremly professional and executes his martial arts in an outstanding manner. He has taught me very well and I am progressing to be a good martial artist. Harley Elmore represents JKD to the highest standards and he is an assest to the JKD world. If you want to know anything specific about him, please email me at Thorknight69@aol.com

RAYNYSC
02-21-2001, 06:52 AM
Is without a doubt in my mind one of the best JKD martial artist I've had the pleasure to meet & train with first hand...
In short all you need to do is drop by the academy
to see for yourself first hand just how good Sifu Harley really is...
After that I'm quite sure that the level of competency will no longer be in question...

PEACE

RAYNYSC

02-21-2001, 10:47 PM
Qimaster,
As a JKD student/practitioner Harley is very proficient. His lineage, certification under Mataas na Guro Terry Gibson and Magulang na Guro Dan Inosanto, is without dispute. But, his ability to develop and inspire others to the best of their ability, should be seen to appreciate. Noting that you are from the same city, there is a unique opportunity for you to train with a great martial artist who happens to be a good and decent man. Now go and discover the truth for yourself.

Respectfully,
kevin mehringer

chuckjkd
02-22-2001, 02:31 AM
I have had the privilege to be a student of Mr Elmore's for the past year. I can personally attest to his high level of competency as both a fighter and as an instructor. Mr.Elmore is one of a handful of people certified by both Guro Inosanto and Guro Gibson. Neither on of these men give instructorships away for attendance or mediocre effort. To be ranked by these men you really need to prove yourself and "walk it like you talk it".
As for his real fighting abilities, since you are from Wichita Falls, you may know Mr.Elmore was the head of security for one of the main nightspots in the area. Here is where Mr Elmore proved himself night after night in real encounters, not tournaments or sparring matches.
Mr.Elmore is also an outstand human being. He gives selflessly to his students. It shows in the success of his academy and the quality of the martial artists and people there.
I live in New York and make regular trips to train with Mr. Elmore.I am proud to be ranked under him and represent his organization in New York.
Now, ask yourself a question; why would I travel to a small town in the middle of Texas when I live in a rich martial arts environment, to train with someone who is sub-par?

Gumagalang(respectfully),
Chuck G

02-22-2001, 08:50 PM
Qimaster,
After reading all the replies to your question about Guro Elmore I cannot agree more. I have been a student of Guro's for approximately 2 years and I agree with every positive comment that has been posted. He is a superior martial artist, instructor, and a superb human being. Guro has helped me grow and develop into the martial artist and person that I want to become. Keep in mind, I live in Connecticut and make regular visits to Whichitah Falls.

I had been studying the martial arts before I met him and continue to do so in the New York City area. There are many great instuctors here that I am fortunate to work with, but there is a reason I will travel far to train with someone whom I consider one of the best.

Don't just take my word for it. Guro's reputation speaks for itself. He has been certified by and worked with some of the best martial artists in the world. In one year he created a very successful school with a very talented and amazing student body. He remains unselfish and always willing to learn to enhance himself and his students.

Go and check for yourself, he's right around your corner and I know he would be welcoming and happy to meet you.

Kara

harley
02-27-2001, 07:17 AM
Hello everyone,
First let me say Thanks to everyone for such positive comments, I have been monitoring this post, but have not commented because I wanted to see what people would say without knowing I was watching. So, thanks again for the positive feedback.
Second, as everyone has stated, all one has to do to assess my competency is drop by my school. I always welcome visitors and we openly invite spectators.
And lastly, if dropping by the school is not an option feel free to e-mail my instructors to ask about my competency, they will not lie, even for me or visit them when they are down to teach seminars.
Once again, thanks to everyone for the positive feedback, nice to know how people think of you.
Maraming Salamat!
Harley Elmore

qimaster
03-02-2001, 11:40 PM
It is good to know that he is as qualified as he is.

some people had called my school asking about him, and now I know how to respond to them when they call again.