PDA

View Full Version : OT: Big Vacation, Little Money

Vash
07-09-2007, 03:33 PM
So, today's the first day of my Mon-Fri vacation. Off from training (10 hours a week karate, two hours weight training and general conditioning), from work, from life.

I've got $300 open to by on my credit card, and no actual cash.

I'm crashing in a decent hotel for a night. Out of town.

What's good to do in a city you're kinda familiar with, that's away from your regular life, when you're broke-ass poor?

PangQuan
07-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Parks bro.

This time of weather I could let myself wander aimlessly in a big park with a good book. So many out there of the lady kind, plus its great for the old R&R

thats one off the top of my head, but i know how you feel, my last "vacation" was the same thing.

Becca
07-10-2007, 10:36 AM
I'd say go camping but you already owned up to a hotel. Most canp grounds cost much less than a hotel, your food bill is dependent on how well you grocery shop, and it most definantly is out of town. Early morning hike/trail run... Tai chi by the side of a bubbling mountain brook... Chi gong under the clear night sky... long naps in between on a hammock strung between 2 pine trees... Now that is relaxing.:cool:

Of course, not everyone has a plethora of places to camp like us Coloradoans.:p

MasterKiller
07-10-2007, 11:12 AM
Hookers .

banditshaw
07-10-2007, 11:17 AM
Hookers .

I'll second that but make them cheap enough so you can buy a fifth of JD to go with those hookers.

Becca
07-10-2007, 12:08 PM
Do hookers take credit card?:confused:

... And what type is he gonna get for only $300?

synack
07-10-2007, 12:17 PM
Pho! always cheap and tastes good!

Notintheface
07-10-2007, 12:25 PM
The hookers in New York do.. they even accept paypal!

TenTigers
07-10-2007, 12:45 PM
catch all the matinees. movies even b'way shows have matinee prices, go to museums, at night, hit the jazz clubs and blues clubs.Usually low covers, plus Chicks into blues and jazz are ...available.

jo
07-10-2007, 01:15 PM
So, today's the first day of my Mon-Fri vacation. Off from training (10 hours a week karate, two hours weight training and general conditioning), from work, from life.

I've got $300 open to by on my credit card, and no actual cash.

I'm crashing in a decent hotel for a night. Out of town.

What's good to do in a city you're kinda familiar with, that's away from your regular life, when you're broke-ass poor?

What city are you in?

-jo