PDA

View Full Version : If you had the chance who would you like to train with or under in the art of Jeet Kune Do?....

RAYNYSC
03-07-2001, 07:13 AM
It doesn't matter if you're a Jun Fan/JKD Man or a Jeet Kune Do Concepts Man.

Like I said before all that matters here is who would you like to train with or under in the art of Jeet Kune Do?....

Well with that being said here are my picks

Jun Fan/JKD

Bruce Lee
Dan Inosanto
Chris Kent
Taky Kimura
Ted Wong
Daniel Lee
Richard Bustillo
Jerry Poteet
Kevin Seaman
Just to name a few....

Jeet Kune Do Concepts

Bruce Lee
Dan Inosanto
Terry Gibson
Cathy Gibson
Harley Elmore
Mike Brewer
Paul Vunak
Burt Richardson
Just to name a few....

RAYNYSC

[This message was edited by RAYNYSC on 03-07-01 at 09:21 PM.]

[This message was edited by RAYNYSC on 03-07-01 at 09:24 PM.]

chuckjkd
03-07-2001, 07:24 AM
I'd add Erik Paulson, Rick Faye and Ron Kosakowski to the list They're all a credit to the JKD world .
Good picks on your list Ray

dumog93
04-08-2001, 08:40 PM
This is in no particular order,nor does it indicate who is "best".It is only a short list of people i have seen at seminars,met in passing,oe just saw on tap eand thought,"hey,i sure would like to study with him for a while to sharpen up x".Also this is irregardless of how far i would have to travel or the cost of training.

Dan Inosanto(surprise)
Ted Wong(had a few friends give him high praise)
Richard Bustillo(have heard he is the coolest)
Burton Richardson(Mr.Flow,need i say more)
Francis Fong(bundle of energy,dynamite in a small package)
Randy Williams(unfortunately i could spend years with him and not get my wing chun where i wanted it to be)

that's my wish list,now i'm just waiting to get rich or for them all to move to Oklahoma City:)

-Devildog

Laine Nakachi
04-29-2001, 01:28 AM
All those people who really trained with the late Bruce Lee , themselves.

Because,jeet kune do is basically an individual's own expression of the art.For those people who trained with Bruce Lee,themselves.They probably went into their own way in the martial arts world,eversince bruce lee died.So if you were to train with the people who trained with bruce lee.Then you're going to have to ask them, if you can learn what bruce lee really taught them.Then you're pretty much learning something from there.Because , they are probably going to be teaching you,their own expression of JKD . Take Care .

Sil Lum Kuen

Netfist
04-29-2001, 01:33 AM
my take...linda lee would be my # 1 choice ! ;)

Netfist