PDA

View Full Version : Biting Techniques

Daedalus
03-08-2001, 12:09 AM
I attended a JKD seminar in Virginia about a year ago and spoke with a JKD concepts guy about his training. He had trained under Vunak primarily. He went on to tell me that he had been taught numerous biting techniques for use in self defense.

My response,...Come on now!

I mean biting is a natural action, why would anyone need to be taught biting techniques?

But, I'm going to put this one to the forum.
Have any of you girls or guys been trained in specific biting techniques? And if so,..what's the point?

Bite Me! :mad:

Danny T
03-08-2001, 05:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I mean biting is a natural action, why would anyone need to be taught biting techniques?

But, I'm going to put this one to the forum.
Have any of you girls or guys been trained in specific biting techniques? And if so,..what's the point? [/quote]

Uh, hitting is a primeval action and I am sure you have trained and practiced hitting. If so,...What is the point?

As in hitting and kicking there are targets better suited for bites.

Danny T
www.progressivemaclub.homestead.com (http://www.progressivemaclub.homestead.com)

rogue
03-09-2001, 07:37 AM
To sell tapes.

DragonzRage
03-11-2001, 04:04 AM
despite the fact that I greatly respect Paul Vunak and am affiliated with JKD, I'd have to agree with you. Biting is not even close to being an important enough aspect of fighting that I'd have to dedicate time and money to learn Kino Mutai. I train my biting techniques and keep my teeth sharp simply by eating dinner every night. Who needs Bite-fu :D?

"Going out and learning from other people and not being scared of learning things that you don't know is the key."
-Tito Ortiz

Budokan
03-12-2001, 07:41 AM
You obviously didn't catch the Black Belt Mag before last where Vunak suggested you take a roast wrapped in a tee-shirt used as a training asset for your biting and gnawing skills. Believe me, it was even dumber the way he explained it...

K. Mark Hoover

Abstract
03-29-2001, 05:14 PM
lol..that was good...man, I read that article in black belt...it was free comedy, look at the expression on the guys face who Paul V is biting......while I don't doubt in any way shape or form Paul V's JKD(or Kino) skills,(i know he can whip the mess outta me!) I can't see advocating biting like that..if you're close enough to bite then you're close enough for an eye gouge..and quite honestly if the fight is to the point where you're resorting to biting through him like was suggested on a 5 LB PIECE OF BEEF..we're not Philosal Raptors(spelling?)..then you might as well start grabbin & breaking things on the opponent, fingers, wrist, leg, ankle..... nobody wants any blood borne diseases. :confused:
that's my story & i'm stickin to it!
:D

frosh2786
03-30-2001, 05:14 AM
velociraptor :)

Abstract
03-30-2001, 08:08 PM
thanks dude. ;)

Abstract
03-30-2001, 08:13 PM
when you can bite someone like THAT...just how far away from CANNIBALISM are you??? :confused:

illllll........

Black Jack
03-31-2001, 05:06 AM
Biting has its place as a real tech.

I have always been a advocate of biting but in a combat based situation and not one of a simple fight or dispute where your life is not on the line.

I practice biting in my groundfighting and standup grappling game and though it is not a first line tech to me I do know of others who will use it as one in a situation.

In some arts biting is like a science and it has a wide array of purposes that can be used where a eye gouge can not be placed.

I have seen a bit of Kino and it is some good stuff but my biting comes from the burmese arts and the way they use it is downright brutal and **** effective.

These tech's come from a tribe where they were still headhunting intell the early 2oth century and if you look at it from the aspect that this tribe would also cut out there enemies heart to gain there strength in battle then biting as a tech is not a big deal to them and thus they have developed a real nice science on the subject.

I have no problem taking off someone's nose, ear, lip, cheek, eyebrow, finger or rip a chunk out of there vioce box, nipple, lat, trap, bicep, forearm or even there ***** to make a bad situation go my way where there is a serious chance that I may not walk home ever again.

Sounds gross but its better than being killed by some punk ass *****.

Not just that but by working with biting you can learn how to counter it in some respects and that is just as important as learning how and where to bite.

Regards

Tvebak
04-01-2001, 11:26 PM
Could some of the pro-biting folks describe some of the biting techs they know, or a link to someplace where one can read more about it?

S.Teebas
04-24-2001, 09:20 PM
LMAO... thats fu(ken funny about the roast in a T-shirt... what do you say when some-one walks in on your practice??? i wonder if you made sounds like you were enjoying what you were biteing into would scare the crap out of the other guy even more??

"..mmm....nose and ear..mmmmmmmm"

In wing chun we have the wodden dummy, does this guy have a roast dummy???

The secret form is called "Hungry Man eats pepper and chilly tiger"

;)

S.Teebas

UberShaman
04-24-2001, 11:22 PM
Jack dempsey(sp) used to chew on a leather strap for jaw strength. He he didnt use it for biting power but to resist knockouts, could be usefull for biting strength aswell

desciple
04-25-2001, 06:45 PM
Hey guys if you wanna biti'n lesson you can come to me. I 'm an expert . I bite at my food 4 times a day. Why i m a grand master.

Why even my dog's scared of me!