PDA

View Full Version : Question for GENE about Zhu Tianxi

Sal Canzonieri
07-16-2007, 07:57 PM
Gene;

Your Shaolin 2000 video, of the exhibition that features Zhu Tianxi.

The description lists Zhu Tianxi doing a set called Chan Yuan Quan.

Can you please tell me if he is doing a qi-gong set or is it really a Quan kind of set.

I know that Chan Yuan Gong, but if he is really doing the Chuan Yuan Quan set, I would be amazed!!!!

Anyway that you can tell me, if so I would like to buy it.

Sal

GeneChing
07-17-2007, 09:24 AM
If memory serves, he does a short form which he claimed to be Chan Yuan Quan. Then he did a bunch of apps. To be honest, I'm not a 100% sure about my memory on this, Sal. That was like six years ago since I worked on that. There's been a lot of other videos in between. Forgive my tattered memory, but I've had a lot of blows to the noggin over the years. Haven't we all? :o

If you like, I'll look at the video again, but I'm not going to get the luxury to do that for a few weeks. I'm off to Taiji Legacy this week (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47001) and I have a ton of deadlines right now. So if you can be patient, very, very patient....

Why are you so interested in that form?

Sal Canzonieri
07-17-2007, 07:15 PM
If memory serves, he does a short form which he claimed to be Chan Yuan Quan. Then he did a bunch of apps. To be honest, I'm not a 100% sure about my memory on this, Sal. That was like six years ago since I worked on that. There's been a lot of other videos in between. Forgive my tattered memory, but I've had a lot of blows to the noggin over the years. Haven't we all? :o

If you like, I'll look at the video again, but I'm not going to get the luxury to do that for a few weeks. I'm off to Taiji Legacy this week (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47001) and I have a ton of deadlines right now. So if you can be patient, very, very patient....

Why are you so interested in that form?

If I can't wait I will just buy it.

Well, that set is extremely rare, only senior monks know it.
It comes from the Zen Circular nei gong set.
It is one of the earliest roots to rou quan, hong quan, tai ji quan, tai tzu chang quan, etc.
I only heard about it, never thought it really existed (a long hidden treasure).
I hope he didn't make it up!

The nei gong is 8 separate movements (done left and right sides about 6-8 reps per movement).