PDA

View Full Version : If True, this is an incredible discovery

hskwarrior
07-17-2007, 07:26 AM
Ok, i know this may cause some real effin nuts to come out of the foot work on this one....

i've been researching again, and i believe i found a site that said in one of the old hsk's used during the 1800's one of jeong yim's schools were found and located inside were many many weapons, and even supposedly a portrait of jeong hung sing.

attached is a pic of Jeong Hung Sing as posted by the chan Kwok Wai lineage....

what do you think?

CLFNole
07-17-2007, 10:28 AM
I am not sure I buy a picture of Jeong Yim was just lying around in an old school. It is kinda of like I don't believe that some of the Chan Family people all of a sudden found out that Choy Fook was in fact the GGM.

It is kinda of the same thing. Personally I don't believe much that comes out anymore as there is too much propagnda and hidden agendas for various reasons.

hskwarrior
07-17-2007, 10:58 AM
thats what im trying to investigate.

Well, the article stated in one of the old schools those items were found.

I know that pic has now raised a lot of eyebrows.....

but its the Chan Kwok Wai Branch........

anyone from that branch care to comment?

CLFNole
07-17-2007, 11:03 AM
The picture doesn't look old enough for me. If he died young like people have said I don't think the quality of the picture would be that good. If he lived to an older age when picture quality improved he would have been much older in the picture.

For years most hung gar people said there was no picture of Wong Fei Hung then a picture suddenly appears and it is him. Many have previously said it was a picture of one of his sons now it is a picture of him.

Tourism is important to China and they know how crazy westerners are for martial arts, so they need reasons to come. I think its all BS, but that's just me.

hskwarrior
07-17-2007, 11:08 AM
http://www.redmarcial.com.ar/informes/choylifat.htm

this is the website that hosts the picture....

hskwarrior
07-17-2007, 11:09 AM
CLF NOLE,

jeong yim died in 1893, around 70 years old........

that story of jeong yim dying is false 100%.

hskwarrior
07-17-2007, 11:12 AM
i know this could be one of this moments.

but think, if there's a likliness of chan heung out there, then there's a possiblity of jeong yim's pictrue being out there too.

look at the one with tham Lup......he was jeong yims dicsciple and the only other pic of his students aside from chan ngau sing.

CLFNole
07-17-2007, 11:58 AM
The problem I still have is in that picture the guy isn't that old. Assuming your age of Jeong Yim is correct he would have been born in 1823. The guy in the picture is what maybe 50, which would put that picture at about 1873. No way in hell that picture is 134 years old. Heck I don't even think that guy is 50, looking at it more he looks rather young.

People can put whatever they want up on a website but it doesn't make it fact. I just think it is an old picture of someone but I don't thing it is Jeong Yim. Some of the old timers probably know who it is.

hskwarrior
07-17-2007, 12:21 PM
if you look real close, thats an ehanced photo in some way.....Im not sure if thats the REAL photo, but it has been photo-shopped. Just look at the figure, then the background, NO pictures are that off in contrast.

hskwarrior
07-17-2007, 12:23 PM
one thing for sure,

is posting up a photo and claiming him to be Jeong Hung Sing himself, we'll soon enough learn who that is or what it ain't.

but yeah, look at the gradiant behind the picture, i would like to know of its original source.

CLFNole
07-17-2007, 12:32 PM
Frank:

How certain are you of when Jeong Yim died or didn't die. Even hung sing websites had him dying young and I doubt seriously that there are any death certificates available to really check. I think the whole thing with dates back then is a bit sketchy to begin with (on both sides).

TenTigers
07-17-2007, 02:35 PM
That pic of Wong Fei-Hung is actually his grandson, whom they say is a very close likeness. There is also a pic of WFH seated, but it was taken from a pic of Sun Lu-Tang and retouched. Anything that comes out of the WFH museum is questionable in my book.

banditshaw
07-17-2007, 02:49 PM
I agree there Ten. I remember there being a sh!tstorm of sorts over that WFH picture a few years ago.

dragon323
07-17-2007, 03:17 PM
Hello

This is not Jeong Yim.

You have committed an error by not knowing Spanish.

Article does not say that this it is the photo of Jeong Yim. The picture really belongs to YAN YIN SO, that as the article says: Jeong Yim - Gan Yu Ten - Yan Yin So.

Second generation under Jeong Yim.

Another web, Chan Kwon Wai line:
http://institutodewushu.eresmas.com/Botons%20Estilos/Chou%20Li%20Fat.html

In this; Yam Yim So is 3º generation:

Jeong Yim - Chang Ngau Sing - Gan Yu Ten - Yam Yim So

http://institutodewushu.eresmas.com/Botons%20Estilos/Chou%20Li%20Fut%20arbol.html

Un saludo.

TenTigers
07-17-2007, 03:17 PM
yep, but many of us still have him on the altar, as this is all we have. Kinda like those paintings of Dat-Mor.

banditshaw
07-17-2007, 03:27 PM
What ...you mean the Da Mo pictures aren't real?:D

hskwarrior
07-17-2007, 03:48 PM
LANCE, YOU KNOW HOW CERTAIN I AM?

i KNOW AS WE ALL DO THAT CHAN NGAU SING IS JEONG YIM'S SUCCESSOR.

IF JEONG YIM DIED YOUNG, THEN HOW WAS IT POSSIBLE FOR JEONG YIM TO TEACH CHAN NGAU SING IN 1884?

hskwarrior
07-17-2007, 04:12 PM
OKAY, THATS GOOD TO KNOW.

AS I SAID, i wasn't sure and when i did a google image search that pic came up with jeong yim name under it.

however, i did find a site that stated there was supposed to be a portrait of jeong yim. so i thought they were privy to something i wasn't.

it had me curious, not believing. it was suggested to me to post it on the forum to see what others say.

now we know.

thanks folks?......

CLFNole
07-17-2007, 07:16 PM
Frank:

I just find it odd that many also had the story of him dying young thats all. Are there really dates available as to what year he taught Chan Ngau Sing?

hskwarrior
07-17-2007, 08:56 PM
yeah according to the direct bloodline, and i believe there's some other records as well.

but regardless, there are two stories of how jeong yim died, the one where he was poisoned.......and the other where he was set up and died after defeating his enemies.

if someone made up that story to get the police off of jeong yims back, then i'd understand why that was done. but, chan ngau sing's birth year alone dictates that jeong yim lived past 1864.

one problem here is that people are not willing to open their eyes to possibilities, and not shoot them down at first glance.

not pointing fingers at you but the likes of fu pow

Eddie
07-18-2007, 01:23 AM
fu pow is not a CLF guy anymore so I doubt that he cares much about CLF history anymore, but in all honesty, when it comes to history and politcs, I know that nothing is certain anymore. Even with my own family I've seen this happen. Stories we were certain about turned out to be all fabricated because of the political influence and climate of the time. Hech, even so much as that I'm not even sure that 4 generations ago my family even had the same lastname. My wifes history is even worst ...

I'm sure in China its pretty much the same.

History is all nice and interesting, but it doesnt change our CLF.

I am curious about the History of CLF in America tho. Frank, you still promised to give us more info on your school some time ago. ;)

pablitop
07-18-2007, 09:42 AM
Hi guys, I´m from CKW lineage and dragon is right. The guy in the picture es Yan Yin So, student of Gau Yu Ten, who studied with Chan Jeong Yim and Chan Ngau Sing.

This is a supposed drawing of Cheung Jeong Yim.
http://www.dragonrojo.net/CLF/CLFFotos/CHungSing-tap.JPG

This is Chan Ngau Sing
http://www.dragonrojo.net/CLF/CLFFotos/ChanGauSing.jpg

Greeting from Argentina

Pablo