PDA

View Full Version : a question to dan inosanto

Netfist
04-29-2001, 12:58 AM
i have heard some rumors that dan just sent his daughter instead of himself to attend bruce lee's 60 years old birthday party. was there any particular reasons that caused him not to show up to pay his respect to bruce lee?

Netfist
yip man > leung sheung > ken chung > patrick au > me

rogue
04-29-2001, 05:17 AM
He found out that Bruce wasn't going to be there.
I did hear that Elvis showed up. :D

http://www.fightingarts.com/magazine/graphics/goju-ryu08.jpg

loki
04-30-2001, 02:05 AM
Rogue , you never change, LOL!

NO ROAD IS AS LONG OR FILLED WITH AS MANY OBSTACLES AS THE ONE TRAVELLED BY THE CHINESE BOXER. FEW ATTEMPT TO TAKE IT . THOSE THAT REACH IT'S END ARE EVEN FEWER.

rogue
04-30-2001, 05:28 AM
Why, are my clothes starting to smell bad? Sniff sniff ;)

http://www.fightingarts.com/magazine/graphics/goju-ryu08.jpg

handsome
04-30-2001, 09:58 PM
LOL, $$$$$$$$$$$, money talk, bull**** walk...
i guess " respect to Bruce Lee " is not as important to make a buck for this guy...it's a sad ending for Bruce!!! God bless for BL and his true followers... ;)

apoweyn
05-09-2001, 04:33 PM
Please.

You know how much I can tell about you from this statement alone? Absolutely nothing.

Which is precisely what we can gather about Dan Inosanto from this event alone. He could have had a billion different motivations for this action. And yet, out of all those possibilities, what we arrive at is "bull**** walks."

Nice.

Stuart

rogue
05-10-2001, 02:26 AM
I think being with Lee while he was alive matters more than being there now that he's dead. DI is still one of my favorite MA.

Adventure is just a romantic name for trouble. It sounds swell when you write about it, but it's hell when you meet it face to face in a dark and lonely place.
Louis L'Amour

handsome
05-10-2001, 07:20 AM
Rogue--I cant say the same like you... and I think to show the respect to your Sifu is more important than anything else in the MA world :mad:

apoweyn
05-10-2001, 03:45 PM
Handsome,

By all accounts, Bruce Lee was Guro Dan's best friend. I'd be far more concerned if Guro Dan made a big show out of mourning his loss.

As is, I gather that his reaction to Bruce Lee's loss is a private one. I don't know what's going on in his head, obviously. And I don't need to know. How we mourn the loss of loved ones is our business. And how he chooses to express that is his business.

As for the assertion that he'd rather be out making money, I find that very hard to swallow. Showing up to a celebration in honour of Bruce Lee would've put Inosanto in the limelight. For whatever reason, he opted not to do that. That doesn't sound, to me, like the action of a guy who's trying to cash in.

Stuart

rogue
05-10-2001, 11:28 PM
Handsome, as far as I can tell Inosanto has never shown disrespect to Bruce Lee. Time to wake up, Bruce Lee is dead. Any disrespect, if any, Inosanto may have shown, may have been aimed at the ones who constantly cash in on his name. If, and I say if, JKD has a sifu it's Inosanto. To me, he more than any one else is what JKD is about.

Also akido is spelled Aikido. Show respect by spelling your art correctly.

Adventure is just a romantic name for trouble. It sounds swell when you write about it, but it's hell when you meet it face to face in a dark and lonely place.
Louis L'Amour

DaiKaiju
06-01-2001, 08:56 PM
Wonderful retort Rogue. :D ;) :p

That which does not kill you will only make you stronger, and if does kill you, then you sucked to begin with!!