PDA

View Full Version : Hitting Girls

rogue
07-18-2007, 06:12 PM
The JFS/Kat Johnson event seems to have brought this topic up but I haven't seen it seriously discussed.

I watched as an out of control woman beat, kicked and clawed the living crap out of a fellow who was much larger than her because he wouldn't hit her (I asked him). I have a part in this incident too, but I'll leave that out for now.

So here are the questions:
Under what circumstances would you hit a woman? And I mean any woman; same size as you, smaller than you, whatever. I'd be interested to hear from guys who have to deal with this in the real world, but school experiences count also.

As a martial artist why do you feel it is right or wrong to strike a woman?

*** Let's leave the wife beating idiots and other abusers out of the conversation as they're a different subject from what I'm talking about.

SifuAbel
07-18-2007, 06:19 PM
same size or bigger than me??!?!?!!?

I don't care whats under the hood, that is a big animal AFAIC.

BoulderDawg
07-18-2007, 06:25 PM
There's a difference between stopping an attack and beating the living hell out of someone.

I think a few good mid-section shot would make 99% of women attackers think that attacking a guy is not such a good idea.

However a guy just putting a beatdown on a girl probably not a good idea!:D

rogue
07-18-2007, 06:28 PM
I think a few good mid-section shot would make 99% of women attackers think that attacking a guy is not such a good idea.

She could be pregnant...

Mas Judt
07-18-2007, 06:30 PM
Try leaving.

rogue
07-18-2007, 06:34 PM
Not an option in this thread.:p

cjurakpt
07-18-2007, 06:44 PM
tough call - on the one hand, societal imperatve is generally against it - it's almost a no win for any guy; however, let's start from the top doen: if she's armed, all bets are off - gender is no longer a significant factor once a weapon comes into play, so yes; if she's trained (how you'd know? well, she'd be dressed like it - evidetly when females show up for fights these days, say in MD parking lots, they wear highly conspicuous MT gear...:D), and physically in as good or better shape then me, same thing; if she's smaller, untrained and maybe just mean, well, I'd hold her tight until all he hurt and pain melted away...- ok, seriously, I'd go for restraining type stuff, and try to avoid striking if at all possible - hard to say what woul be the line she'd have to cross for that to happen...

rogue
07-18-2007, 07:08 PM
Culturally it's a very tough call. The fellow in my example was trying to just restrain her, and when I got involved so was I. I ended up with a black eye and a ringing ear before I got control of her, and even then when I was taking her down she tried to get away and almost hit her head on the corner of a table. That's the point where I realized what I was doing wasn't working to achieve my goals, her controlled, her safe and me safe.

Mr Punch
07-18-2007, 07:20 PM
Meh, I've had to restrain women before. There are no rules. I don't mean go to town on them! I just mean, same as with any confrontation, this whole 'rules of engagement' stuff is just crap. It all goes tits up when the flan hits the fan.

One time I tried to stop my then gf from going to town on me. She was pushing me and trying to rile me up... I wasn't biting so she started beating me around the head, but not really using all her strength and it wasn't really hurting, so I caught her arms and she tried twisting out and kicking me (army boots to the nuts - luckily I avoided and she missed), so I pulled her close so she couldn't get a swing in and then she lost it and started stamping on my feet and scraping my shins...

Eventually she realised she wasn't going to get away and stopped. She had bruises on her amrs from where I grabbed her and she took great delight in showing them to select people over the next few days.

Advice: choose your women wisely, and don't choose the ones who wear army boots.

Another time another then GF swung a monkey wrench at me and started threatening me with it. I picked something up (can't even remember what) and threatened her back and she backed off, but her and her twin sister (hmm, stereo grief!) never let me hear the end of how I'd threatened the GF! Bit bloody cheeky if you ask me but typical of the double standards involved in violence on women.

Advice: if you'r dating a hot crazy twin, shag em both! I know it's not strictly related to the topic but hey, you can't really get into more trouble for it!

FWIW I've never had to hit a woman, but I probably would if things got serious enough, an I'm with Chris on the weapon thing, deffo.

SevenStar
07-18-2007, 07:55 PM
She could be pregnant...

coincidentally, an acquaintance of mine went to jail over the weekend for this. She was at my club and got into a fight with someone. She kicked the girl in the stomach and it turns out that the woman she kicked was pregnant. Assaulting a pregnant woman is a felony.

rogue
07-18-2007, 07:57 PM
Seven, any stories and advice from the job about this subject?

SevenStar
07-18-2007, 08:00 PM
This doesn't sound PC at all, but at the same time it's real - if the woman acts like a man, treat her like one. MJ suggested walking away, but as my job dictates that I don't walk away, that is not an option. Women kick, scratch bite, and some of the big ones really know how to throw their weight around. My job also dictates that I don't strike ANYONE unless the situation is dire, but I restrain women just as hard as I restrain men, even to the point of choking. I have never choked a woman out with a RNC or anything similar though - Once they felt themselves choking, they quickly calmed down and I let them go.

FWIW, most of the scratches I have on my hands and arms are from women who scratched and bit me while fighting.

SevenStar
07-18-2007, 08:04 PM
Seven, any stories and advice from the job about this subject?

LOL, I saw a guy - a bodybuilder who weighs about 260 get clocked in the face repeatedly by a female who used to box. that same female clocked one of our bouncers and grabbed the nads of another. She was a handful - someone ended up choking her. She calmed down before she lost consciousness.

Women can be vicious. I have a scar on the back of my hand from a woman who dug her nail into my skin as hard as she could after I grabbed her to put her out. It didn't hurt at all, but she literally went for blood.

SevenStar
07-18-2007, 08:14 PM
If you look REALLY close at this pic, you can see a 'y' shaped marking toward the left side of my forearm - looks like a vein. That is a scar from a scratch from an altercation with a woman

rogue
07-18-2007, 08:39 PM
That was nice of her to leave you something to remember her by.:eek:

I learned that in the real world you have to treat a woman just like any other threat and use appropriate force, or you could be in a world of hurt. I also learned that by trying to be too nice I almost got both of us more injured than I had intended, not to mention it took more work than if I had just leg kicked her or gave her a good slap to the ear to set up the control.:o

Water Dragon
07-18-2007, 08:42 PM
Just kick her in the toto. Problem solved

rogue
07-18-2007, 08:47 PM
That's the dumbest idea yet. Do you know how silly you'd look if your foot got caught?:eek::rolleyes::D

SanHeChuan
07-18-2007, 09:30 PM
For all the same reasons I'd hit a man. :eek:

Adventure427
07-18-2007, 09:40 PM
My opinion is that its wrong to hit girls...but its a tough call in self defense. If its life n death, i could careless whether she's man or woman, if my life is in danger, so is hers. Lol.

on a lighter note, 99 times out of 100 i'd walk away, the other times, like if it got a little intense, i'd either restrain her or throw her to the ground. (its not hitting her) Although my reaction one time when i got slapped by a girl (and i mean instant reaction) was to slap her back...and then apologize

STORY
Now just as something that was crazy that happened in a classroom type setting...This girl and guy were arguing back n forth really bad and the girl was making physical threats

The guy responded "Listen, i wont hit a girl, but I WILL SMACK A 13ITCH!" Yea, everyone went crazy laughin n hollarin poundin on desks, it was nuts

Laukarbo
07-19-2007, 01:11 AM
ok,I once hit a girl (or something like this)..I was 14 ,she was 18..lived in the same building (big complex)..anyway,we just moved in..so me and my younger brother checked out the new area..there was this kind of playground occupied by around 15 plus peeps ..a few years older than us...as we passed by ..this girl appeared and started insulting us..we kept quiet cos she got big back up.
She was same size as me,roughly same weight..just older.So she wouldnt let us leave ,always blocked the way..then started slapping my younger brother.
Of course I stepped in told her to stop..in the meanwhile her friends came closer too..she started slappin me..I already had 3 years experience in judo and 3 in karate..and 1 year cma..(that was the current ma I did)..I grabbed her hands
so she couldnt hit me..but the other guys told me to let go and defend myself(as if grabbing the hands is not defending oneself)..i knew if i did they probably all jumped us..she started pulling my hair and tried to knee me in the bollocks..she couldnt ..I always turned away so she was hitting my tighs
then it was the point I didnt care anymore..I twisted her hand that was pulling my hair and then smacked her straight in the face...she landed on her arse and started crying..really hysterically...:rolleyes:
For a second there was a deadly silence.. but me I was super upset..
but then all of a sudden most of these guys bursted out laughing...
They did let us go...for the next couple of weeks we didnt go there anymore...
But some of the guys went to the same school..never bothered me anymore..some even became sort of mates...
Anyway,not gloryfying what i did..but insome casesthey cant be helped...
up to this day..more than 20 yearslater I have no regrets..

But in general I hate violance on woman,children and house pets:D

SifuAbel
07-19-2007, 01:35 AM
This doesn't sound PC at all, but at the same time it's real - if the woman acts like a man, treat her like one.

Wow, where you this week?!?!?!?

Michael Udel
07-19-2007, 05:53 AM
So the danger is not just from the immediate threat of who's standing in front of you, but the repercussions and consequences from people after it's over? Like the cops, or people trashing your reputation? How's this different from being threatened by a guy? Every time you have to decide if the risk of the threat or imminent danger is worth a response at all or greater than the risk of what happens after.

I was on a bus in Boston a couple of years ago when six or seven high school girls, 16-18 y.o., jumped one girl. Me and another adult jumped in and broke it up without harm coming to anyone, thank goodness, but the original instigator wasn't satisfied even after the bus stopped and the 10 of us were outside. She maneuvered for a cheapshot on the victim and punched her in the mouth, but not a solid shot.

I got the victim back in the bus and the instigator picked up a frozen can of pop and raised it to throw at the victim, who was just behind me and in the doorway of the bus. I had to raise my fist and tell her if she didn't drop it, I would hit her. She dropped it and walked away with her buddies. Yes, I had decided enough was enough and was ready to do whatever was necessary at that point to protect the victim.

Ending note is I looked up and saw a transit cop standing right there not doing or saying a word. Oh well, since all in all nobody got hurt.

jow yeroc
07-19-2007, 05:55 AM
I'm not into hitting women as a rule but let's face it, there are some tuff
women out there that if you let 'em will phucking hurt you. If i think that one
can inflict some real damage and she's comin' at me like a man, then she must
be prepared to be handled like one. But i would opt for the "restrain and/or
subdue" method rather than the straight knock the phuck out method. But then
again it would have to be case by case.

rogue
07-19-2007, 06:06 AM
Anybody notice how often we have to preface our statements with disclaimers like, "I'm not into hitting women as a rule...." (not picking on you jow yeroc), or "its wrong to hit girls" (not picking on you either Adventure)? There is a big cultural stigma to this topic even when we're talking about it when the women are endangering us, others or themselves. Even happens once in awhile in the dojo and kwoon.

So the danger is not just from the immediate threat of who's standing in front of you, but the repercussions and consequences from people after it's over? Like the cops, or people trashing your reputation? How's this different from being threatened by a guy? Every time you have to decide if the risk of the threat or imminent danger is worth a response at all or greater than the risk of what happens after.

Good point Michael, that's why it's good to look at these issues before we run into them. How many would let social stigma get in the way of protecting themselves from serious harm?

monji112000
07-19-2007, 06:14 AM
The JFS/Kat Johnson event seems to have brought this topic up but I haven't seen it seriously discussed.

I watched as an out of control woman beat, kicked and clawed the living crap out of a fellow who was much larger than her because he wouldn't hit her (I asked him). I have a part in this incident too, but I'll leave that out for now.

Under what circumstances would you hit a woman?

As a martial artist why do you feel it is right or wrong to strike a woman?

*** Let's leave the wife beating idiots and other abusers out of the conversation as they're a different subject from what I'm talking about.

In a Gym , if the woman is prepared.. Its not as big of a deal. Outside the gym, almost never. I would never hit a woman. That changes once things like weapons, and someone else's health is in danger.

I have been kick, slapped, punched by females.. :D well come to think of it I don't really like to hurt anyone.

MasterKiller
07-19-2007, 06:19 AM
I'll never, ever, never, ever never hit a woman.

But I'll shake the hell out of one.

The Willow Sword
07-19-2007, 06:28 AM
If women choose to get into martial arts(and they should) and if they choose to spar with men(and they should) they should be treated just like any other student learning martial arts. Women seem to have it good in the martial realm because they know that guys will take it easy on them in sparring and such. WHY? If women are there to learn self defense and to deal with Abusive men then i say DONT TAKE IT EASY ON THEM. They made the choice, now they gotta deal with reality. Sure we dont hit women, that is the social standpoint that many who feel morally riteous make. "You dont hit a woman because it is not right,or you need to respect women etc etc"(all this is correct and i agree with it).
But you do a diservice to women when you take it easy on them in the sparring match or the school/training setting. If you give them a false sense of security they are going to go into a situation feeling like they have all the skills needed to deal with an attacker and then they get their a$$ handed to them,or worse:eek:

So my opinion, iN the Martial arts realm, you treat women just like any other student.

Now if a woman is being all psycho crazy and trying to rile YOU up by hitting you and scratching and biting kicking, etc etc. Then YOU have to make a choice about what it is that YOU are going to do to dispell the situation, I agree with Mas Judt that you just leave, But if you cant leave and you are cornered and they are trying to draw the fight out of you and IF IT IS TRULY WARRANTED because they are trying to really harm you, then i say you use as much control as you can but you subdue and take them down. You dont have to pound them into a pulp, HOWEVER, if they are a boxer or they like to fight and they are acting like a guy and starting sh!t, then hey, take it to them.

Peace,TWS

PhilDunlap
07-19-2007, 06:30 AM
If a woman attacks you do enough to stop her but it is within your right to hit her in self defense,

I get a kick out of those trying to defend either side in this fiasco. This had nothing to do with defending oneself and was purely about ego. Omar accepted a challenge with a girl and springer attemted to pick a fight. Both are ***** moves in my opinion

Michael Udel
07-19-2007, 06:38 AM
Can we replace "woman" with "person who obviously poses no physical threat to me"? Would you look and feel stupid pounding a much smaller man with no training and no weapon when there were other options?

No offense, Master Killer, but is part of what you're saying that no woman could ever possibly pose a real threat to your safety? I'm pretty much talking unarmed for the argument to not get silly. C'mon, you that baaad? :)

Mas Judt
07-19-2007, 06:39 AM
A drunk, annoying ex-girlfriend tried desperately to assault me. Every time she punched or lunged at me, I moved. She hit the wall, fall over the couch, smashed into the table, but I NEVER touched her, just stayed calm and in control. Even encouraged her to call the police, as she was threatening to say all kinds of crazy stuff to them. They came, looked at her, looked at me (closely) and took her away.

Another time, while bouncing (years ago) a girl slapped me, I promptly slapped her right back and quietly explained to her that she will be treated as a lady only if she ACTS like a lady.

So yeah, treat them appropriately, but don't lose your cool, and never act violently out of anger, for that matter, never be angry. Never being angry is the best self-defense.

MasterKiller
07-19-2007, 06:41 AM
Can we replace "woman" with "person who obviously poses no physical threat to me"? Would you look and feel stupid pounding a much smaller man with no training and no weapon when there were other options?

No offense, Master Killer, but is part of what you're saying that no woman could ever possibly pose a real threat to your safety? I'm pretty much talking unarmed for the argument to not get silly. C'mon, you that baaad? :)

It was a Chris Rock quote. Are we running too fast for you? ;)

rogue
07-19-2007, 06:45 AM
If a woman attacks you do enough to stop her but it is within your right to hit her in self defense,

I get a kick out of those trying to defend either side in this fiasco. This had nothing to do with defending oneself and was purely about ego. Omar accepted a challenge with a girl and springer attemted to pick a fight. Both are ***** moves in my opinion

Phil,
This topic while using that event as a jumping off point this thread has nothing else to do with it. I'd prefer that we'd avoid that goat rodeo.

PhilDunlap
07-19-2007, 06:52 AM
About 20 years ago I am leaving a bar. And a guy and his wife/girlfriend?whatever
are arguing in the street he hauls off and punches her dead in the face and then kicks her. I go over and get into it with him, he swings so I nail him and she gets up and jumps on my back clawing at me like a friggen cat. I threw her off and walked away. I couldn't bring myslef to hit her but was thinking to myself she is looking to get the crap beat out of her

Michael Udel
07-19-2007, 06:55 AM
It was a Chris Rock quote. Are we running too fast for you? ;)
The Great Firewall of China blocks any Chris Rock, and a lot of punch lines in general. I just can't believe you gave me levity in the middles of a deathly serious discussion. Foul! :D

xcakid
07-19-2007, 06:59 AM
If I were in a competition and got paired up with a chick, it has happened where divisions were small and then combined. I would hit em as hard as they hit me.

Outside of that, I would probably just restrain or walk away rather than hit. I've had women so mad at me that have had a shoe thrown at me. Been kicked in the shins. Slapped. One chick tried to punch me. I just **** off women I date. That's why I am still single at 39yo. :D :(

Becca
07-19-2007, 07:02 AM
This doesn't sound PC at all, but at the same time it's real - if the woman acts like a man, treat her like one.... Once they felt themselves choking, they quickly calmed down and I let them go.

FWIW, most of the scratches I have on my hands and arms are from women who scratched and bit me while fighting.

This is sound advice. Most women I know who regularly fight do so because they mistake the guy not fighting back for being good fighters themselves. A choke would panic them fast, and the ones who would know how to defend a choke aren't likely to let a fight go on that long.

I hate sparring women like that, the moment they realize they are loosing, they cry and claim I'm cheating. I a woman myself- I ain't gonna pull punches on another woman, 'specially not one with a bad aditude...:rolleyes:

sanjuro_ronin
07-19-2007, 07:13 AM
Sparring a woman, sure.
Competition? probably not.
"Real fight" ?
Nope.
If I had no choice I would subdue her without hurting her, or at least with as minimal force as I could.

I have issues with hitting women, sparring is different, you have to because you are helping them become better fighters.
Competition is a choice and I choose no.
Fighting you may not have a choice, when I bounced there were times that one had to deal with a woman, in those times my judo/jj training came in very, very handy.

Would I drive my fist into their face or ribs as hard as I could with the intent of causing severe bodily harm?
No, but that's just me.

Black Jack II
07-19-2007, 08:21 AM
As you would in any situation, use your best judgement plus a little bit extra due to the social structure we live in. But if it comes down to it, do what you have to do, and let her deal with the end result.

Let's face it, just because she is a woman does not mean this dizzy b!tch is not caring a knife or is not going to use any fouling tactic just because she is female, I got a wife and kid to get home to, it's not my problem you have tits and you want to get psycho with me and I can't get my kester out of there.

Plus, look at how violence is rising in young women today, it makes the emotional content of some of the male fights look freakin tame, jump on youtube or something and look at a few.

SevenStar
07-19-2007, 08:25 AM
That's the dumbest idea yet. Do you know how silly you'd look if your foot got caught?:eek::rolleyes::D

I have had that happen before too, but that is a WAY different story...

AJM
07-19-2007, 08:27 AM
If you hit Women for any reason you are a sorry punk. Case closed.

Black Jack II
07-19-2007, 08:33 AM
for any reason

Incorrect.

SevenStar
07-19-2007, 08:37 AM

No. I will smack the stank off of a man smaller than me. Why? smaller guys like to get in your face anyway, when you are either taller, more muscular or both. At work, we call it the "napoleon complex". Seems like the smallest guys are always talking trash and trying to fight us, like they have something to prove to someone.

That said, we don't think anything of it. There are guys I work with who pride themselves on taking down bigger or stronger looking guys, so they will be quick to say something like "yeah, you had to choke him out, but you get no credit for choking out a small guy..."

Not only that, but ANYTHING can happen, like the incident I posted above with the woman boxer who hit several guys. I've also seen really small guys lay out big guys - cheap shots can be a mutha.

SevenStar
07-19-2007, 08:40 AM
About 20 years ago I am leaving a bar. And a guy and his wife/girlfriend?whatever
are arguing in the street he hauls off and punches her dead in the face and then kicks her. I go over and get into it with him, he swings so I nail him and she gets up and jumps on my back clawing at me like a friggen cat. I threw her off and walked away. I couldn't bring myslef to hit her but was thinking to myself she is looking to get the crap beat out of her

yeah, I've been there. That is why it's good to stay out of domestic disputes though... even though you are trying to help, if the cops show up and charges are pressed, she is more likely to side with him then you, and YOU end up getting charged with assault...

PangQuan
07-19-2007, 09:00 AM
I think i posted this once, but I was assualted by a woman one time, seriously trying to kick my ass. Drunk punk rock chicks do that kind of thing. :rolleyes:

well she was a scrapper to begin with and knew how to fight, she started raining blows on my face out of the blue while we and a group of people were outside a concert hall talking.

I pushed her on the ground. she got up started hitting me again, again i pushed her down. this repeated a couple times before she realized she wasnt getting anywhere.

she stopped. no one was hurt. we laughed about it then i picked her up and went back inside. :D

of course depends on the situation, but generally I was raised not to hit women.

The ONLY time I would hit a woman is if she was skilled enough and aggresive enough to the point I had to defend myself for fear of actual bodily harm.

true defense, otherwise, no. I wont hit a woman. Well a little slaps and smacks if she asks for it of course :p

Shaolinlueb
07-19-2007, 11:39 AM
if she is hitting me in an aggresive non playful manner, then she should expect to get hit back with equal force.

PangQuan
07-19-2007, 11:45 AM
if she is hitting me in an aggresive non playful manner, then she should expect to get hit back with equal force.

but what if she is doing that, and you still totally out class her.

would it be fair to issue power over another in a situation if it is not needed?

to me that is still oppression even if they are in the wrong.

no excessive force is required IMO

now if the escelation of force is required to subdue the situation thats different.

how ever, your average woman will not (hopefully :p) out class your average male martial artist.

of course i extend this courtesy ONLY to women. ;)

TenTigers
07-19-2007, 11:56 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3FgMLROTqJ0

Shaolinlueb
07-19-2007, 11:58 AM
but what if she is doing that, and you still totally out class her.

would it be fair to issue power over another in a situation if it is not needed?

to me that is still oppression even if they are in the wrong.

no excessive force is required IMO

now if the escelation of force is required to subdue the situation thats different.

how ever, your average woman will not (hopefully :p) out class your average male martial artist.

of course i extend this courtesy ONLY to women. ;)

well as i said aggresivly in a non playful manner. me myself i will hit a women if she is coming after me, but i wont lay her out. i wouldnt do a face hit most likely. probably in the stomach to make her think twice. i probably wouldnt even use a fist, maybe a palm or chop.

i would try to restrain her before actual hitting.

PangQuan
07-19-2007, 12:00 PM
well as i said aggresivly in a non playful manner. me myself i will hit a women if she is coming after me, but i wont lay her out. i wouldnt do a face hit most likely. probably in the stomach to make her think twice. i probably wouldnt even use a fist, maybe a palm or chop.

i would try to restrain her before actual hitting.

ahh, i gotcha.

thats the thing i hate about the internet, sometime intention can be mis understood.

i think we stand on the same ground here.

Shaolinlueb
07-19-2007, 12:07 PM
ahh, i gotcha.

thats the thing i hate about the internet, sometime intention can be mis understood.

i think we stand on the same ground here.

werd to ya mother. last night i was doing drills, i asked the girl not to be my partner. she asked "why"? "i said i would like to kick hard, i know you can take it, but i would feel bad if you got hurt".

i have no problem training with women either. they sometimes are more aggresive then men. you just have to watch your power a bit more. so you learn better control.

PangQuan
07-19-2007, 12:20 PM
werd to ya mother. last night i was doing drills, i asked the girl not to be my partner. she asked "why"? "i said i would like to kick hard, i know you can take it, but i would feel bad if you got hurt".

i have no problem training with women either. they sometimes are more aggresive then men. you just have to watch your power a bit more. so you learn better control.

ya, i used to chi sau with this old lady sometimes. I always had to be very concious even with arm on arm contact cause shes old and tender:eek:

i hated it though....so i left that school. Sucks but there just wasnt the student base i need there to be to beat on me and take a beating in return.

ill have to go back to wing chun later i guess as i think ill be starting up taiji and focusing all my time on that.

stonewarrior67
07-19-2007, 02:03 PM
i was too raised under the golden rule of not hitting girls and do believe in that to this day...domestic violence and hurting someone who is smaller than you just because you can makes you less than a man BUT if a girl attacked me and i had no opportunity to walk away i'd drop her fast and hard.
the golden rule was not made so that a man stoicly stands and get's a clawed face, kicked in the yam sack as the female does willy nilly. back in the old days women were brought up and acted like ladies and had no aspirations of wildly attacking someone. it was looked down upon back then for ladies to get rip roaring drunk or high.
i say fast and hard because number one i am not going to mess around with anyone and contact hiv or hep...f' that! secondly when she sobers up she just might think back and learn a lesson.

msg
07-19-2007, 02:18 PM
i dont think you need to hit them at all you can just make them eat dirt if they are to out of control or just hold them on the ground .they are realy not made to take blunt force from a mans fist

PangQuan
07-19-2007, 02:39 PM
.they are realy not made to take blunt force from a mans fist

what if they look like this??

:eek:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/45/178104946_d3451fa993.jpg

rogue
07-19-2007, 05:54 PM
Zardoz!!!

The gun is good. The peenisis evil. The peenis shoots seeds, and makes new life to poison the earth with a plague of men, as once it was. But the gun shoots death, and purifies the earth of the filth of brutals. Go forth... and kill!

Trivia question of the day: Anybody know what Zardoz means?

SPJ
07-19-2007, 06:11 PM
Under what circumstances would you hit a woman? And I mean any woman; same size as you, smaller than you, whatever. I'd be interested to hear from guys who have to deal with this in the real world, but school experiences count also.

uuuugh.

like never.

;)

rogue
07-19-2007, 06:35 PM
Anal Bum Cover
http://youtube.com/watch?v=potRJfgb87o&mode=related&search=

Michael Udel
07-19-2007, 06:35 PM
wiZARD of OZ

Didn't even have to check IMDB.

Mr Punch
07-19-2007, 07:16 PM
I'll never, ever, never, ever never hit a woman.

But I'll shake the hell out of one.You know, I was waiting for someone to hit us with that one. And you know what else? I knew it would be you.

You're both original and funny... :p :D

Yum Cha
07-19-2007, 07:19 PM
Never hit one, but tapped a few...

BoulderDawg
07-19-2007, 09:14 PM
A note about sparring women in class:

It doesn't work. I've tried sparring at 100% against much more experienced female students at my school. In every case I had to drop it down a notch or two. Now I just go about 50% maybe a little more against the best females.

I would really like to find a girl that could challenge me with some good moves.

Sifu Darkfist
07-19-2007, 10:03 PM
[QUOTE=rogue;779772]The JFS/Kat Johnson event seems to have brought this topic up but I haven't seen it seriously discussed.

I watched as an out of control woman beat, kicked and clawed the living crap out of a fellow
QUOTE]

she should have cleaved him although you did not use my favorite word, all those in favor of voting CLEAVE as one of the best words in english say I!!!!!!!!:)

when you hit someone it sounds ruff when you split their wig it sounds ruffer, but when you cleave their skull urrrrrruggahhhh it just sends a chill

Sifu Darkfist
07-19-2007, 10:07 PM
:eek::Di live near CLEAVELAND lmao:)

PangQuan
07-20-2007, 09:26 AM
[QUOTE=rogue;779772]The JFS/Kat Johnson event seems to have brought this topic up but I haven't seen it seriously discussed.

I watched as an out of control woman beat, kicked and clawed the living crap out of a fellow
QUOTE]

she should have cleaved him although you did not use my favorite word, all those in favor of voting CLEAVE as one of the best words in english say I!!!!!!!!:)

when you hit someone it sounds ruff when you split their wig it sounds ruffer, but when you cleave their skull urrrrrruggahhhh it just sends a chill

Cleave is a nice word. Its right up there with Hack, Maim, Mangle, Crush....For me its a toss up between Cleave and Slay I think.

Slaying things just sounds so cool.

TenTigers
07-20-2007, 09:32 AM
so, is Beaver Cleaver a name, or a title? Something to live up to, for sure.

TenTigers
07-20-2007, 09:33 AM
I think I've just found a new name for "Lil' Rikki"

Shaolin Wookie
07-21-2007, 06:13 AM
Never hit women and children. If she has a knife and she's trying to kill you, okay, yeah, but only then. If I have to take an ass whoopin' from a woman because I can't get out of hte way, then I have to take an ass whoopin' because I can't get out of the way.

I posted this in the street reality thread once, about an ex-marine working in a bar in Georgia. He closed up the bar and was walking across the empty parking lot to his car when a van pulled around and two armed robbers jumped out. The ex-marine whipped out a pocketknife, kicked the shotty out of the dude's hand, and killed the other one with his pocketknife.

It turns out the other robber was a woman. The ex-marine got off scot-free b/c it was self defense.

Honestly, my first reaction was disgust, because he had stabbed a woman. Of course, after a second, I realized it was just my moral programming at work. When two armed gunmen/women are threatening you life, there's a greater morality at work than the social stigma of not hitting a woman. STill, I wonder if she wasn't wearing a mask, whether the marine's reaction would have been the same. He said afterwards that he didn't know it was a woman he stabbed.

Not hitting women-social moral code
Hitting an armed woman who is trying to kill you--common sense

John Takeshi
07-21-2007, 06:33 AM
There's nothing wrong with hitting a woman, I suppose. Granted, I generally go for kills, but sometimes I will just slap a woman. I've never really thought about it like this.

Grandmaster Sensei Takeshi Ukeno once told me that Grandmaster Sensei Chan Tai San* said: "A woman is just a man with breasts."

That just about settles this issue for me.

*10th Dan Tai Shing Pek Kwar

SPJ
07-21-2007, 06:40 AM
The strong or MA trained

would protect or help the young and old, the weak and sick/handicapped, the WOMEN and children.

there are plenty of civil LAWS to that effect.

seats for them in the bus, train etc etc.

--

in the job, school, work, or training ground, etc

yes women are treated equally or on the same footing. yes.

however, in sports arena, there are still differences in the records or achievements between men and women.

:D

John Takeshi
07-21-2007, 06:44 AM
The strong or MA trained

would protect or help the young and old, the weak and sick/handicapped, the WOMEN and children.

there are plenty of civil LAWS to that effect.

seats for them in the bus, train etc etc.

--

in the job, school, work, or training ground, etc

yes women are treated equally or on the same footing. yes.

--

:D

The problem is, in today's society, the scumbags generally include the handicapped, women, and children. I've had to engage plenty of handicapped brigands, even some handicapped children, and sometimes female children who are handicapped. There is no moral stigma when you're staring down the barrel of a .45 of a parapalegic, who wants nothing more than to make you feel her pain.

msg
07-21-2007, 03:04 PM
i have a freind this girl he was going out with ended up being a real crazy one she fliped out one night one him she grabed a knife tried to stab him he grabed her and put her on the ground and held her there till she calmed down she got back up grabed a knife again stabed her self in the wrist and a couple other places on her body then came after my freind again he hit her in the chest just realy palmed her still nocked the air out of her he calls the cops .he still gets arrested for hitting her .she still went to the looney bin for a bit .

TenTigers
07-21-2007, 03:28 PM
how old were you when you were engaged to this female handicapped child? What was the age of consent in your country? Is that why she had a gun? Is that some sort of a shotgun wedding? You should hide your heads in shame. Both of them.

rogue
07-21-2007, 04:12 PM
Grandmaster Sensei Takeshi Ukeno once told me that Grandmaster Sensei Chan Tai San* said: "A woman is just a man with breasts."

That just about settles this issue for me.

Here in the states we call those transsexuals.:D

golden arhat
07-22-2007, 02:18 AM
put your hand on her forehead and keep ur arm fully extended

then prepare for her to start swining while completely out of reach

i find it quite amusing :D

golden arhat
07-22-2007, 02:40 AM
If you hit Women for any reason you are a sorry punk. Case closed.

if u had a choice and there was a woman pointing a gun at your child or something and all u had to do was hit her really god **** hard and push her out of the way in to a curb or something would u not do it ?

i tell u man i'm 16 but if say in the future some one (anyone put any of my loved ones in serious danger i wouldnt stop untill he/she was severly damaged/disfigured/incapacitated/dead

and thats cos personally i rank the ppl i love far higher than any woman simply because society is behind her

if a girl swung at me i would probably restrain her or wrestle/etc trying to do as least amount of damage possible

but if she tryed to attack me with a knife then all bets are off

i wouldnt stop till she is unconscious

and if she tried it on with my mother/sister/family/close friends

then i'm sorry
its GAME OVER for her