PDA

View Full Version : Fut Sao Wing Chun Kuen?

Mtal
07-19-2007, 07:09 PM
Has anyone heard of Fut Sao Wing Chun Kuen? Is it just wing chung with a different name, or is there something different with there training/style?

Thanks.

Sam
07-19-2007, 07:21 PM
Fut Sao Wing Chun Kuen is very diverse. It has internal Hei-Gung training. Footworks (Siu Baat Gwa) is integral. Very complete well rounded system.

Mtal
07-19-2007, 09:38 PM
Fut Sao Wing Chun Kuen is very diverse. It has internal Hei-Gung training. Footworks (Siu Baat Gwa) is integral. Very complete well rounded system.

So is the Hei-Gung like chi gung? What is the footwork like? I also see there is a chin na set in it, which is pretty interesting. Thanks.

Ben Gash
07-20-2007, 02:07 AM
There's a detailed section on it in Ritchie's Complete Wing Chun, and I believe they've had their own book out for a year or so too. My impression is that it's like Wing Chun with a bit of Hung. I'm not saying that's how it's formed, that's just the best impression I can give of the flavour.

DRleungjan
07-20-2007, 07:52 AM
Hello Mtal,

Hei Gung is the cantonese rendition of Qigong if I am not mistaken. It's footworks are diverse and like every good CMA Kam Na (Chin Na) is definitely embedded in the art.

Fut Sao is a well rounded system from the tiny experience that I have. If you are in the vicinity it's well worth checking it out. Like the saying goes out there it's 'different strokes for different folks.' I for one highly recommend it, when I first saw a demo in Brooklyn being done by Cama sifu I was like, 'this is exactly what I wan't to do!'. ;)

Cama sifu and his students are very good people and if you are sincerely interested please take the time to check it out.

Hello Sam: Send my best regards to Cama sifu when and if you see him. :)

Best regards, :)

Phil Redmond
07-21-2007, 10:09 PM
Has anyone heard of Fut Sao Wing Chun Kuen? Is it just wing chung with a different name, or is there something different with there training/style?

Thanks.

I was the first "Sifu" under Henry Leung until I left. I worked in his restaurant for two years and we even lived in the same building in Brooklyn for over a year. Fut Sao Wing Chun is also known as Gu Yee Kuen. I have an audio tape made by Henry Leung with the complete history according to him. I'll have to dig it out to get the particulars.
PR