PDA

View Full Version : Are we past JKDs Golden Age?

rogue
03-13-2001, 05:07 AM
I've noticed that JKD is coming under some criticism from some of it's seniors. Seems they're not happy with the way it's going or being taught.

So in general is JKD in decline outside of a few schools?

RAYNYSC
03-13-2001, 07:06 PM
It depends in some ways I would have to say that yes JKD is in decline outside of a few schools.
Thats why it's important for the individual to do his or her own research/homework on the teacher & school before they begain there training with any teacher or school....

Keep in mind that there are a lot of people out there as well as schools who say they teach JKD but don't....

The way I see it one has to first understand what JKD is before one can teach it. & yet at the same time realize that not everyones JKD is the same after a certin point meaning that there is a core/base to JKD which anyone who says they teach JKD should know period....

Now once that point is reached it's up to the individual as to where he or she wants to go from there....

Just remember before you can be true to your art be it JunFan/JKD or Jeet Kune Do Concepts you first have to be true to yourself....

RAYNYSC

Black Jack
03-13-2001, 09:08 PM
Rogue are you in reference to the black belt mag Hawkings Chung article?

That was a real good article and it made some **** fine points and it illustrates a few problems I see when you find a JKD Concepts teacher who has never had any outside experiance in any other martial arts or not even a few that they are incorporating into there toolbox.

It should be about stripping down and not adding on but sometimes you have to on a personal level get through a mess to find out what fits you.

The same can be stated on some of the arts you tried out, some of the clothes fit and some did not, though this arguement only holds water when it realy does come from a personal level or goal to find what realy fits you and not one of a cookie cutter perspective on just because my school says so, than it must fit me as well approach.

Regards

rogue
03-14-2001, 04:30 AM
Also the Jerry Poteet article that just came out.

Demi @ CSPT
03-25-2001, 04:19 AM
It's just now starting to happen...

Demi Barbito
The C.S.P.T.
"A Lethal Force Institute"