PDA

View Full Version : 7- Star Mantis videos on youtube

hokfumantis
07-23-2007, 10:23 AM
Which ones really represent the flavor or ideas of 7-Star Mantis?

monkeyfoot
07-31-2007, 07:16 AM
any of mike martellos, jochen wolfs or tanglangmens vids

Paul T England
08-01-2007, 02:26 AM
Depends on who you ask....

Few videos of Lee Kam wing on youtube. As he is my sigung I cant think of anyone better.

Not sure you can get a great deal of information on the style from a viewing a form, most of the importnant stuff is hidden within the forms.

Paul

holymantis
08-01-2007, 02:58 AM
Hi All,
well put Paul, well put.
we all have our own flavors and way's of training. and we can all argue about who's is best but what is right for one person maynot be right for another.

regards roy:D

monkeyfoot
08-02-2007, 03:00 AM
I agree with whats being said. As said forms do not truely demonstrate the mantis flavor, well they do and they dont if that makes sense.

Mike Martello has some great videos that IMHO really bring out the true essense and principles of kung fu. There are alot of vids talking about principles, techniques, body mechanics etc.

Jochens vids are great because you see an all round perspective from teachers/students alike

Tanglangmen vids are my favourite for examples of applications/techniques. I think these guys hit the nail on the head in terms of how they train.

Ill add Brendan Lai to another of my recommended vids - there are some great ones of him performing 7 * waist chopping techniques etc

tons more aswell, search them out

John Takeshi
08-04-2007, 07:26 AM
I've been a fan of this demo of the Crushing Steps from Sifu Glen Bullock. Let me know what you think of his execution. I like the power in his strikes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDdVI4A_hik

monkeyfoot
08-06-2007, 04:39 AM
I think that the qing dynasty ended long ago...

...and thats not bung bo

craig

hokfumantis
08-12-2007, 10:23 AM
I find that everyone of you have given me very interesting and great answers. Mantis style is so diverse, who would imagine that a sub-style (7-Star) would have so many variations of "flavor" in of itself? Thank you for your responses:).