PDA

View Full Version : What makes Kung-Fu , Kung-Fu????

Grappling-Insanity
05-10-2001, 09:09 PM
So any opinions?????

rogue
05-10-2001, 11:31 PM
Well it has to come from China, unless of course the San Shou champ is a TKD BB, who cross trains Muay Thai and wrestling with Frank Shamrock, then you can count his Vietnamese Kung Fu as being real Kung Fu. :D

Adventure is just a romantic name for trouble. It sounds swell when you write about it, but it's hell when you meet it face to face in a dark and lonely place.
Louis L'Amour

Grappling-Insanity
05-11-2001, 04:48 AM
In case some people dont realise what I mean. This is a spoof on the What makes JKD, JKD?......
thread. I figure we can turn the tables around;).

DaiKaiju
06-01-2001, 08:59 PM
Ok then lets take this full circle, shall we?
What make Karate, karate? :eek:

That which does not kill you will only make you stronger, and if does kill you, then you sucked to begin with!!

loki
06-01-2001, 10:22 PM
For a good all around explanation may I suggest you read "THE SWORD POLISHER'S RECORD" BY ADAM HSU.

NO ROAD IS AS LONG OR FILLED WITH AS MANY OBSTACLES AS THE ONE TRAVELLED BY THE CHINESE BOXER. FEW ATTEMPT TO TAKE IT . THOSE THAT REACH IT'S END ARE EVEN FEWER.

shaolinboxer
06-05-2001, 04:29 PM
I think the the specific term "Kung Fu" can be used to describe any action done with a certain level of expertise gained by serious pracice. For example, you can have great cooking kung fu, writing kung fu, whatever.