PDA

View Full Version : Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Ireland Workshop

Gary Collins
07-26-2007, 05:46 AM
The World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kung Fu Association will be holding a public workshop at the Hung Fa Kwoon of Ireland on August 11th and 12th, 2007.

Those who wish to attend this first-ever European visit by GM Gee can contact Sifu Gary Collins at the following for further details:

(+44)7716082439

or

gary@hungfayiireland.com

GM Gee will also be travelling to England, Germany, Holland and Paris while in Europe.

Gary Collins

www.hungfayiireland.com

Savi
08-06-2007, 01:01 PM
Sifu Collins,

It is only a few days until the weekend workshop, and the arrival of our HFY Grandmaster Garrett Gee (and several of his descendants) to Northern Ireland and the other European countries. I am sure that we shall all be present in body mind and spirit for this "first in a lifetime" event with our Grandmaster in Europe.

Thank you so much for your hospitality in advance, and I look forward to sharing more kung fu with you during the trip, meeting everyone there for the first time, and of course - devoting priceless time with Grandmaster Gee for the lessons he may have for us all.

Be well my friend,
Savi.

Gary Collins
08-23-2007, 05:00 AM
Hello Everyone

The first ever Ireland/UK workshop held by GM Gee, President and founder of the World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kung Fu Association has successfully taken place.

This historic first visit by Sifu Gee to the first Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun club in Ireland/UK/Europe was a tremendous success. Not only did my students and I feel very priviledged to host GM Gee, we were also treated to a wonderful workshop full of training, as well as information on Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun's history and traditions.

Following the 2 day Workshop in Ireland/UK, Sifu Gee and his group (including myself) travelled to Holland where Ben De Boer, a long time HFY student, was our guide.

The group also visited England, Germany and France. Here GM Gee met many individuals who expressed great interest in joining the Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun family. Two such men were Sifu Mark Hobbs of the Kung Fu Academy in England and Sifu Armin Hug of Germany.

This European Trip was genuinely a Kung Fu Marathon, as site-seeing was minimal, and Kung Fu training took centre stage. Even in London the group were treated to some Chi Sau lessons upstairs in a restaurant!!

I would like to thank Sifu Gee for coming to Ireland/UK for this workshop. I would also like to thank Tony Jacobs, Savi Kruich, Andy Kalish, Matt Murphy, Ben De Boer and Jonathan Sandberg for helping make the trip as enjoyable as it was.

For those in Ireland or mainland UK who wish to learn more about Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun, you can contact Sifu Gary Collins at the following:

gary@hungfayiireland.com

Visit www.hungfakwoon.com for further info.

Cheerio, Gary

www.hungfayiireland.com

canglong
08-23-2007, 05:41 PM
I couldn't agree with Sifu Collins any more than to say the visit to the UK/Europe was both historic and very successful. First I too would like to thank GM Gee the Hung Fa Yi Bun Jyun for allowing me to participate in such a historic even.

Kilkeel, Ireland
I was raining when we got in.
I would like to thank all those particpants that joined those of us traveling from abroad to make this event the success that it turned out to be. All the Ireland participants were kind courteous and great training partners Peter, Donny, Andy, Paddy and all the boys. Kilkeel is a special place and I look forward to returning their for a more extensive visit some day. Thanks guys.

London
Well of course it was raining when we got to London no surprises their. We went from the Airport to the train station to the hotel to Chinatown in what seemed like a matter of minutes. The visitors were all made to feel welcome by our AZ brother Suki who showed us around and introduced us to his friend Mark Hobbs and Mark's business partner Paul. We were also fortunate enough to meet Mark's father who was in town visiting from Australia. We all shared lunch in Chinatown then retreated to the cafe to exchange stories and provide some insight to our curious host on some of the more detailed information we receive from practicing hung fa yi while Paul and Mark went into details about their own TCMA training and backgrounds. After all was said and done Mark requested permission to become a student of GM Gee. Personally I think Mark possess a lot of raw talent that would make him an excellent talent to be cultivated under the guidance of our hung fa yi curriculum. Mark is obviously a very smart and knowledgable kung fu guy he should fit right in with people like our brother Suki. Thanks Suki for an enjoyable stay in London. Best of luck to both Mark and Paul to continue and futher their training and best wishes for a safe journey home to Mark's father.

Amsterdam
Ben of course another Arizona brother (man we represent dont we!) showed us all a great time while in Holland. Ben even came over to Ireland to train with us so we got to spend more time with him. Being one of our AZ brothers its always nice to spend time with Ben but time always goes too quick whether we go see him or when he comes to visit us in AZ. Holland was some beautiful country with lots of beautiful sights to see. I had a window seat and even through the rain as our plane landed at the airport I was very impressed with the layout of the area and how well kept everything was. First thing I noticed was Mercedes-Benz were being used for taxis that was cool. Yes it was another crowded city but just as you would expect it was very laid back and mellow. Our tour of the city was great I highly recommend Amsterdam as one of your European stops for those planning to visit Europe. Ben thanks for being an excellent host can't wait to visit again.

Berlin
Our flight in to Berlin was met with more rain that morning but by the afternoon it was nice and warm and great weather for training. We trained all day on the patio deck of the Holiday Inn Schonfeld. Then we met up with Our German/Ohio brother Armin Hug and his wife. They traveled quite some distance to meet us and arrived late in the evening. We exchanged stories had some dinner and then had some SNT demos and a little hands on exchange. Armin after 15 years of wing chun already demonstrates lots of skill and since he is now getting into HFY I suspect he will make an excellent instructor and continue to do well in Germany. As it got late Armin had to catch his train home so they left and some of us continued to train late into the night. Nice meeting you Armin and I look forward to visiting with you and your lovely wife again soon thank you for welcoming us to Germany.

Paris
There was no one meeting us in Paris so we got out and took in the sites. The mall the Arc De Triomphe the Champs Elley Essay and the Eiffel Tower of course only spotting the Louve from a distance and passsing Notre Dame by train. There are a million sights to see in Paris so its obvious this trip could only wet ones appetite to return and see more. This is one of the most Diverse cities I have ever seen so I commend them on that but would highly recommend they add more trains to each route man were they crowded. Jonathan, Gary Andy, Matt and myself enjoyed a nice Italian lunch at a cafe on the mall discussing a variety of topics GM Gee was kind enough to share with us this sit down discussion alone was worth making the trip.

San Francisco
Upon our return we were greeted with the news that long time hfy practitioner Sifu Milton Wallace is scheduled to participate in an upcoming UFC fight. Milton has been training very hard for this and we all knew it was only a matter of time before he showed up on their radar so congratulations to Sifu Wallace we will all be watching to see his rise in the ranks of the UFC. At the same time many of GM Gee's underground students have expressed to him a desire to go public and fight in local events as well as large publicised events such as UFC. This being the case at the request of some of his older long time students Sifu Gee is currently contemplating moving his classes to a more well known location of the city were organized but less publicised streets fights occur on a more frequent basis.

Thanks again to our Bun Jyun, to my Sifu Richard Loewenhagen all my hfy brothers and sisters and the many dear friends of hfy that made this trip and this news possible and I look forward to an even bigger and better second half of this year until we meet again be safe and healthy.

Nick Forrer
08-23-2007, 06:36 PM
Upon our return we were greeted with the news that long time hfy practitioner Sifu Milton Wallace is scheduled to participate in an upcoming UFC fight. Milton has been training very hard for this and we all knew it was only a matter of time before he showed up on their radar so congratulations to Sifu Wallace we will all be watching to see his rise in the ranks of the UFC..

Wow hes come a long way

http://www.bullshido.com/articles/milton-wallace.html

canglong
08-25-2007, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Nick Forrer
Wow hes come a long way
If Wing Chun is about anything it is about the growth of learning and the process of understanding what it takes for us as individuals to go from nowhere to somewhere. So having spoken with Milton personally yes I believe he like most of us is on a path for growth and advancing mentally physically and spiritually.

If you ask Milton I have no doubt that he would admit to growing and advancing or as you put it "hes come a long way". As for the link if you let that be your defining measure of reality instead of actual physical experience then your perception of reality may forever be void of any meaningful substance to spur your own personal growth.

t_niehoff
08-26-2007, 05:22 AM
San Francisco
Upon our return we were greeted with the news that long time hfy practitioner Sifu Milton Wallace is scheduled to participate in an upcoming UFC fight. Milton has been training very hard for this and we all knew it was only a matter of time before he showed up on their radar so congratulations to Sifu Wallace we will all be watching to see his rise in the ranks of the UFC.

Interesting. What MMA/NHB venues has Milton previously fought in? I couldn't find him on Sherdog, and IME the UFC only recruits proven, successful fighters - those that have fought successfully in other venues (lke KOTC, etc.).

Not that I am doubting you, Tony, I'm certain you are reporting what you heard. But where Milton is concerned, if he said it was raining outside, I'd look before I took my umbrella. You may not like Bullshido's expose of him, but it does accurately portray the events, claims, etc.

At the same time many of GM Gee's underground students have expressed to him a desire to go public and fight in local events as well as large publicised events such as UFC. This being the case at the request of some of his older long time students Sifu Gee is currently contemplating moving his classes to a more well known location of the city were organized but less publicised streets fights occur on a more frequent basis.

"Where organized but less publicised [sic] street fights occur on a more frequent basis"? WTF is that?

Tom Kagan
08-27-2007, 10:18 AM
Upon our return we were greeted with the news that long time hfy practitioner Sifu Milton Wallace is scheduled to participate in an upcoming UFC fight. Milton has been training very hard for this and we all knew it was only a matter of time before he showed up on their radar so congratulations to Sifu Wallace we will all be watching to see his rise in the ranks of the UFC.

In what capacity will he be participating?

Also, to quell the LOLerfest mill, can you provide me a way to independently confirm this?

canglong
09-02-2007, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by t_niehoff
Interesting. What MMA/NHB venues has Milton previously fought in? I couldn't find him on Sherdog, and IME the UFC only recruits proven, successful fighters - those that have fought successfully in other venues (lke KOTC, etc.).
Milton fights locally out of San Jose so the information you are after I would not have being that I am in Phoenix.
You may not like Bullshido's expose of him, but it does accurately portray the events, claims, etc.
Actually, Milton has received several apologies from participants to Bullshido threads who questioned the authenticity of his fighting history and accomplishments. As for your statement.
1. You don't know Milton.
2. You ask questions which indicate you don't know his fighting history.
3. You cite no example to prove the validity of your own statements.

As for you last question. It's like racing pink not often condoned by municipal authorities so it would be considered to be done "underground". Underground activities are usually done by invitation only. "Kimbo slice" fights were originally held underground.

canglong
09-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Tom Kagan
In what capacity will he be participating?Hello Tom,
Sorry I don't have any definitive answer for you but I really don't know.
Originally posted by Tom Kagan
Also, to quell the LOLerfest mill, can you provide me a way to independently confirm this? Those types are of little concern to me but again my advice would be try the local San Jose buzz and see what you get.

t_niehoff
09-03-2007, 07:25 AM
Milton fights locally out of San Jose so the information you are after I would not have being that I am in Phoenix.

No, Milton says he"fights" out of San Jose. Where is the evidence that this is true? You say that you don't have it. Then how do you know what he says is true?

Actually, Milton has received several apologies from participants to Bullshido threads who questioned the authenticity of his fighting history and accomplishments. As for your statement.
1. You don't know Milton.
2. You ask questions which indicate you don't know his fighting history.
3. You cite no example to prove the validity of your own statements.

How do you know he has "received several apologies"? Presumably this is what you heard from Milton. What a surprise.

No, I don't know Milton, and I don't know his fighting history -- that is why I asked you to provide it. Duh! If he has fought in recognized MMA/NHB venues, there will be a record, a way of checking. If his - and your - claims are true, just provide the evidence, cite the records so we can check them for ourselves, and end the discussion.

As for you last question. It's like racing pink not often condoned by municipal authorities so it would be considered to be done "underground". Underground activities are usually done by invitation only. "Kimbo slice" fights were originally held underground.

Dude, I understand what underground fights are -- what I was questioning was your assertion that "Sifu Gee is currently contemplating moving his classes to a more well known location of the city were organized but less publicised streets fights occur on a more frequent basis." Why would he move the school closer to where some underground fights are held? If people want to do underground fights all they need to do is go do them. You don't need to move the whole school.

Milton. Underground fights. You don't even see how silly it is.

canglong
09-03-2007, 11:17 AM
How do you know he has "received several apologies"? Presumably this is what you heard from Milton. What a surprise.
There is no proof that what is posted on Bullshido is accurate that is the real issue here since you commented with no proof then argue with others and ask for proof. That is what I find silly.
Why would he move the school closer to where some underground fights are held?
Because several people have requested that he do so.

t_niehoff
09-03-2007, 04:22 PM
There is no proof that what is posted on Bullshido is accurate that is the real issue here since you commented with no proof then argue with others and ask for proof. That is what I find silly.

I think the article on Milton speaks for itself. In fact, Milton's own words and actions (his vodeo clips) speak even better. I'm not surprised that you defend him and even believe in him.

You can't provide one iota of evidence to back up that Milton ever had a MMA/NHB fight in his life or ever really trained with any decent fighters or fight trainers. Or even your assertion that he was headed for the UFC. I'd call you guys liars but I really think you guys are living in such a fantasy world that you can't really distinguish reality anymore, and that you say these things with all sincerity.

Because several people have requested that he do so.

You are too funny. You guys may want to move the school closer to the mental health facility if you really believe any of this nonsense.

Wayfaring
09-03-2007, 04:50 PM
Terence,

While we are speaking on the topics of schools and locations, I was reading through this thread over on bullshido which basically consists of someone looking for good wing chun instruction in the St. Louis area. Your name came up, but apparantly your school closed, and you refer people to a local university WC instructor?

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54599

So your school must already be underground.

canglong
09-03-2007, 06:23 PM
I think the article on Milton speaks for itself. In fact, Milton's own words and actions (his vodeo clips) speak even better. I'm not surprised that you defend him and even believe in him.
No one is here to try and change what you think. Only to at times present an alternative view.
You can't provide one iota of evidence to back up that Milton ever had a MMA/NHB fight in his life or ever really trained with any decent fighters or fight trainers. Or even your assertion that he was headed for the UFC. I'd call you guys liars but I really think you guys are living in such a fantasy world that you can't really distinguish reality anymore, and that you say these things with all sincerity.Obviously if you believe people need to lie to you on a forum you either have invested too much stock in your own opinions or you are paranoid. Since there is no interest in your opinion on this topic there is no reason to lie.
You are too funny. You guys may want to move the school closer to the mental health facility if you really believe any of this nonsense.Your troll comments are very unbecoming and a waste of time.

t_niehoff
09-03-2007, 07:50 PM
Terence,

While we are speaking on the topics of schools and locations, I was reading through this thread over on bullshido which basically consists of someone looking for good wing chun instruction in the St. Louis area. Your name came up, but apparantly your school closed, and you refer people to a local university WC instructor?

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54599

So your school must already be underground.

I don't have -- and never have had -- a "school" and I don't "teach wing chun". I am part of a group here that trains WCK. It's a private group. We don't advertise, don't charge fees, don't partake of any of the BS associated with TCMAs -- just get together and train. Most of us train at other places too, and if we meet anyone that's genuinely interested in what we do, one of the group can ask to bring them in.

I get a handful of people every month asking me to teach or to direct them to someone who does. Some of the guys in my group also get contacted. We've found through experience that most people "interested" in WCK aren't interested in training as we do -- they want the TCMA crap, so we don't waste our time or theirs.

t_niehoff
09-03-2007, 08:05 PM
Tony,

If I told you that I was going to play (tennis) at Wimbledon Championship's soon I would expect that anyone in their right mind would question my assertion. After all, Wimbledon is one of the premier competive tennis events in the world (just like the UFC is for MMA), and any reasonable person would expect someone *invited* to play at Wimbledon (also like the UFC) would be someone who has a proven record of high-level play, has done well in other tournaments, etc. These accomplishments would not be a secret.

Not only that, but to reach the skill level necessary to compete at Wimbledon (or the UFC) would require that the person have already competed against top-level players (fighter), have trained with top coaches, etc. To become a really skilled fighter requires that a person spend lots and lots of time sparring and training with top level people. Who has Milton trained with? Where has he done his ground training? What good people has he sparred with? No one. And if he had, he could answer these questions easily.

You mentioned Kimbo -- there is a guy that boxed in prison, has fights on Youtube, has documented fights, has fought with known MMA fighters, etc. How does this in any way compare to unknown and unproven Milton? This guy is a fraud, pure and simple. His own clips demonstrate how poorly skilled he is.

And, if your kwoon wants fights -- so much so that you'll move the school to be closer to where they are held (why that is important who can say?), I can save you the trouble -- just go over to the UG or sherdog or bullshido forums and say that you guys want to fight some good MMA guys. They'll be more than happy to come to your school and school you guys.

JPinAZ
09-04-2007, 08:07 AM
You are too funny. You guys may want to move the school closer to the mental health facility if you really believe any of this nonsense.

T, leave the 'you guys' crap out of this. You are talking to Tony alone, no one else is speaking to you on this subject, so leave it between you and him. Do you really want to make it about 'you guys' yet again? I'm really sick of your trolling and your 'mouth'. Or is this the way all you 'chu guys' operate??

(see the point? let it go already)

Do you even have any questions to ask regarding the original thread (the Ireland workshop in case you forgot)?

Jonathan

canglong
09-04-2007, 09:30 AM
...Milton? This guy is a fraud, pure and simple. His own clips demonstrate how poorly skilled he is.
Terence,
It always comes down to you and what you know what you do and how you do it and if you disagree you must always attack the efforts of those with whom you disagree. First you make grandiose claims about being able to kick the ass of the Tai Chi Grandmaster Chen Xiao Wang. Now you who have No videos online No fights to speak of and turned down the opportunity to publicly touch hands in Cleveland with Victor Parlati and others. Yet now you want people to believe you and you alone can judge the merit and accomplishments of others from the comfort of your computer room. You are a shining example of a keyboard warrior and blowhard lawyer both!

Terence you want to seem like the conscience of the forum but you know your limits try and argue with me from your keyboard about the searches you have done when the easiset thing in the world for you to do would be to look and see which gym Milton is fighting out of and call there directly that is posted on the threads you cite. Would you do that oh no that might mean getting some freakin' results hell no its much easier to sit on your @ss and type bullshido all day and night. Much easier to dream about fights you could have won bad mouth people on the internet you could have met. You calling someone a liar is laughable, you teaching someone anything about martail arts is laughable you moving away from that keyboard showing any semblance of manhood d@mn near impossible. You trying to talk sh!t to me MF please I got the private email from you whining claiming not to make it personal claiming to be taken out of context but once again you just prove yourself a hypocrite and Victor Parlati correct when it comes to your character.

t_niehoff
09-04-2007, 12:03 PM
Terence,
It always comes down to you and what you know what you do and how you do it and if you disagree you must always attack the efforts of those with whom you disagree.

You brought this nonsense up -- I didn't say anything about your HFY seminar, but then out of the blue you throw in the stuff about Milton and the UFC and moving the HFY school to be closer to "underground fights". Why? What did that have to do with the Ireland seminar? Nothing. You put those things in because you believed they sounded impressive. Well, it backfired. They didn't sound impressive, they sounded silly and were clearly nonsense. And when people make silly and nonsensical claims, they're asking to get called on them.

First you make grandiose claims about being able to kick the ass of the Tai Chi Grandmaster Chen Xiao Wang. Now you who have No videos online No fights to speak of and turned down the opportunity to publicly touch hands in Cleveland with Victor Parlati and others. Yet now you want people to believe you and you alone can judge the merit and accomplishments of others from the comfort of your computer room. You are a shining example of a keyboard warrior and blowhard lawyer both!

That's hardly a gradiose claim -- that I could beat someone who has never fought or trained to fight a day in their life! Hey, I could beat loads of grandmothers too. (In the TCMAs, grandmaster=grandmother, for the most part).

And stop trying to rewrite history. I told Victor on this forum that I didn't want to go to Cleveland simply to "touch hands" with a bunch of WCK people. He didn't want to bring in good nonWCK fighters to the event and make sparring mandatory but wanted a wing chun friendship thingy -- that's cool, but it doesn't interest me.

As far as me alone juding the merits and accomplishments of others -- if you are talking about MIlton, where are these merits and accomplishments besides in your and his imagination? His clips speak for themselves. Go post links to his clips on the UG or sherdog and ask some MMAists to comment on them. You'll hear the same things I'm telling you -- they show poor level of skills.

Blowhard, keyboard warrior? Hmm. I'm not the guy claiming Milton is going to the UFC, or that my school is moving to be closer to "underground fights."

Terence you want to seem like the conscience of the forum but you know your limits try and argue with me from your keyboard about the searches you have done when the easiset thing in the world for you to do would be to look and see which gym Milton is fighting out of and call there directly that is posted on the threads you cite. Would you do that oh no that might mean getting some freakin' results hell no its much easier to sit on your @ss and type bullshido all day and night. Much easier to dream about fights you could have won bad mouth people on the internet you could have met. You calling someone a liar is laughable, you teaching someone anything about martail arts is laughable you moving away from that keyboard showing any semblance of manhood d@mn near impossible. You trying to talk sh!t to me MF please I got the private email from you whining claiming not to make it personal claiming to be taken out of context but once again you just prove yourself a hypocrite and Victor Parlati correct when it comes to your character.

Dude, your making the claims, I'm just pointing out that they are silly and nonsensical claims. Rant and rage all you like -- all that tells me is that you have nothing to back up your claims, so all you can do is rant and rage about what a pr1ck I am. OK. But whatever I am has nothing to do with how silly and nonsensical your claims are.

t_niehoff
09-04-2007, 12:08 PM
T, leave the 'you guys' crap out of this. You are talking to Tony alone, no one else is speaking to you on this subject, so leave it between you and him. Do you really want to make it about 'you guys' yet again? I'm really sick of your trolling and your 'mouth'. Or is this the way all you 'chu guys' operate??

(see the point? let it go already)

Point taken. I understand this is soley Tony's claims --so I apologize to the rest of "you guys". :)

Do you even have any questions to ask regarding the original thread (the Ireland workshop in case you forgot)?
Jonathan

I have no questions and no comments about the Ireland workshop. I wouldn't have posted on this thread except for Tony's extraneous remarks.

JPinAZ
09-04-2007, 12:10 PM
Point taken. I understand this is soley Tony's claims --so I apologize to the rest of "you guys". :)

I have no questions and no comments about the Ireland workshop. I wouldn't have posted on this thread except for Tony's extraneous remarks.

Fair enough.
Thanks for the honest reply.

JP

Savi
09-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Terence,
You just can’t resist, can you? Take a lesson from Tony before you fuhk up any more, though I wouldn’t put it past you to continue making an @ss out of yourself. Listen carefully Teri, Milton doesn’t give a flyin’ sh!t about the internet, and he could care less about “proving” his skill online; something your internet-indulged life seems to revolve around.

After your 1700 posts here, the only thing you’ve proven is you’ve got too much time on your hands and you spend it criticizing people. You must be one unhappy expert spending all your time watching videos online of others actually dealing with sweat and blood. Easy to talk cr@p about others, isn’t it? Before you go out calling someone a fraud, you should check your own backyard. Hey, why not challenge Milton if you’re so pent up about it? I’ll bet you don’t have the guts, well maybe physically you’ve got ‘one’.

I’ll tell you what. I’ll call you a genuine marital artist; someone who can back up his words, if you follow through with your ‘call out’ to the Tai Chi Grandmaster Chen Xiao Wang and kick his @ss like you said you can. Nonsensical claims? To me, you’re the REAL fraud.

Where’s your videos?

Where’s the proof of your skill?

You say you can beat many grandmasters?

How many grandmasters have you beaten down so far? Is that your standard? Who the hell are you to say these kind of things when you don't even hold yourself up to the same? You’re all talk. Your claims are full of sh!t. Don’t say sh!t you can’t prove. Don’t go around here parading yourself like you’re the 'man' when you’re not. Only you’re dumb enough to say something as stupid as:

“ That's hardly a gradiose claim -- that I could beat someone who has never fought or trained to fight a day in their life! Hey, I could beat loads of grandmothers too. (In the TCMAs, grandmaster=grandmother, for the most part).”You’re just a brave little keyboard fighter p!ssing on the shoes of real men. Comments like this show you’ve got no honor and no respect. You are no Martial Artist.

Milton is all about standing his ground face to face. Man to Man. Like Tony said, if you’re that terrified and overreacting about an announcement, just give his local gym a call to ease your shakey nerves. Pay him a visit, big man. He’s never lost a match and never backed down from a challenge. More silly and unfounded claims? Get a d@mn life, T. You’re just a nobody who likes to jump on bandwagon after bandwagon. That’s all you’ve ever done. I heard Milton with my own ears, and yes he will be fighting in the UFC. Rant all you want like a little kid in a toy store, you’re gonna have to wait like everyone else. Your opinions don’t mean squat.

anerlich
09-04-2007, 03:19 PM
Terence you want to seem like the conscience of the forum

More like the part of the brain that causes Tourette's syndrome.

Nick Forrer
09-04-2007, 03:40 PM
I heard Milton with my own ears, and yes he will be fighting in the UFC. .

The mere fact he told you he will be fighting in the UFC doesn't mean he will be.
I would be more cautious before announcing things on a public forum which are 99% likely to be BS especially in view of the fact that the person in question has a proven track record of being 'economical with the truth'.

t_niehoff
09-04-2007, 04:42 PM
Terence,
You just can’t resist, can you? Take a lesson from Tony before you fuhk up any more, though I wouldn’t put it past you to continue making an @ss out of yourself. Listen carefully Teri, Milton doesn’t give a flyin’ sh!t about the internet, and he could care less about “proving” his skill online; something your internet-indulged life seems to revolve around.

He doesn't seem interested in proving them anywhere since therre doesn't seem to be any record of his MMA fighitng accomplishments. ;)

After your 1700 posts here, the only thing you’ve proven is you’ve got too much time on your hands and you spend it criticizing people. You must be one unhappy expert spending all your time watching videos online of others actually dealing with sweat and blood. Easy to talk cr@p about others, isn’t it? Before you go out calling someone a fraud, you should check your own backyard. Hey, why not challenge Milton if you’re so pent up about it? I’ll bet you don’t have the guts, well maybe physically you’ve got ‘one’.

I'm quite happy, thank you very much! The only thing I'm criticizing is the nonsensical claims made my Tony -- Milton in the UFC and the HFY scdhool moving closer to the "underground fights." I'm not going to go around challenging all the fakes, frauds, and snake-oil salesmen in the martial arts -- their sheer number would overwhelm the possiblity! But you are right about one thing: it is easy to talk crap -- about crap.

I’ll tell you what. I’ll call you a genuine marital artist; someone who can back up his words, if you follow through with your ‘call out’ to the Tai Chi Grandmaster Chen Xiao Wang and kick his @ss like you said you can. Nonsensical claims? To me, you’re the REAL fraud.

Call him out? Are you serious? He wouldn't fight a little girl. None of the grandmasters would. Because then we'd see what little in the way of skills they really have and their livlihood would go down the drain.

You don't really think these grandmasters -- grandmothers -- can fight, do you?

Where’s your videos?

Where’s the proof of your skill?

You say you can beat many grandmasters?

Hey! Where are my claims? -- I'm not calling myself by any title, or letting others do so, I'm not holding myself out as an authority on martial arts, I'm not claiming to move my school nearer to some"underground fights" or to be preparing for the UFC.

How many grandmasters have you beaten down so far? Is that your standard? Who the hell are you to say these kind of things when you don't even hold yourself up to the same? You’re all talk. Your claims are full of sh!t. Don’t say sh!t you can’t prove. Don’t go around here parading yourself like you’re the 'man' when you’re not. Only you’re dumb enough to say something as stupid as:
You’re just a brave little keyboard fighter p!ssing on the shoes of real men. Comments like this show you’ve got no honor and no respect. You are no Martial Artist.

If you know of anty grandmaster that wants to fight me, I'll be glad to meet him. ;) Hell, if you know any grandmaster that will fight anyone, I'll bet I can find someone who will fight them. Know any grandmasters willing, Savi?

Milton is all about standing his ground face to face. Man to Man. Like Tony said, if you’re that terrified and overreacting about an announcement, just give his local gym a call to ease your shakey nerves. Pay him a visit, big man. He’s never lost a match and never backed down from a challenge. More silly and unfounded claims? Get a d@mn life, T. You’re just a nobody who likes to jump on bandwagon after bandwagon. That’s all you’ve ever done. I heard Milton with my own ears, and yes he will be fighting in the UFC. Rant all you want like a little kid in a toy store, you’re gonna have to wait like everyone else. Your opinions don’t mean squat.

I'm sorry, but I don't fight on the ice. ;)

I'm sure you ahve *heard* Milton with your own ears -- and that's precisely the problem. You are using the wrong organ -- your ears instead of your brain.

Savi
09-04-2007, 11:26 PM
I'm quite happy, thank you very much! The only thing I'm criticizing is the nonsensical claims made my Tony -- Milton in the UFC and the HFY scdhool moving closer to the "underground fights." I'm not going to go around challenging all the fakes, frauds, and snake-oil salesmen in the martial arts -- their sheer number would overwhelm the possiblity! But you are right about one thing: it is easy to talk crap -- about crap.Again your opinion doesn't go very far beyond the written word. Stop pretending your over-saturated know it all attitude knows a d@mn thing about the underground scene cuz you obviously don't and wouldn't even survive in places like that. There's no keyboard to save you there. Definitely easy to talk crap for someone who only talks it, namely you. You whine and moan and scuff at martial artists like there's no tomorrow, but you've got nothing to show for yourself but the passing on of criticism for the world for the skill and knowledge you've never gotten yourself.

Call him out? Are you serious? He wouldn't fight a little girl. None of the grandmasters would. Because then we'd see what little in the way of skills they really have and their livlihood would go down the drain.

You don't really think these grandmasters -- grandmothers -- can fight, do you?That's your problem. You don't think right. You can't see right. If you think fighting little girls proves you've got skill, either you've watched Balls of Fury too many times already, or you're living in a freakin' fantasy if this is how you're going to prove a point. You wanna talk about others, but you are a far cry from 'all that'. I've learned more in teaching martial arts to girls from 3 years old to women 50 years old, than your combined posts on the internet. How much more shallow do you want to show people you are?

Hey! Where are my claims? -- I'm not calling myself by any title, or letting others do so, I'm not holding myself out as an authority on martial arts, I'm not claiming to move my school nearer to some"underground fights" or to be preparing for the UFC. Rightly so, I don't think you should be either judging by your postings. But like I said, you don't think. Let me refresh your short term memory and hopefully it might sink in just a little longer:

Hey, I could beat loads of grandmothers too. (In the TCMAs, grandmaster=grandmother, for the most part).”

It's not surprising to me the amount of sh!t that comes out of your head with statements like this. Don't need to tell which end of you anything comes from cuz it's all the same. You think that titles is all the kung fu world is about? You are in a sad state of confusion. Maybe I shouldn't blame you for your ignorance.

If you know of anty grandmaster that wants to fight me, I'll be glad to meet him. ;) Hell, if you know any grandmaster that will fight anyone, I'll bet I can find someone who will fight them. Know any grandmasters willing, Savi?Why? I highly doubt anyone would want to help you become a somebody from a nobody. You're nothing but a waste of time to real martial artists who actually have a true sense of value for the martial arts. You're a sideline cheerleader out there to make some noise and get attention from other men. Rather satisfying to leave you in your own worthless and deluded imagination about the Gong Wu at this point.

I'm sure you ahve *heard* Milton with your own ears -- and that's precisely the problem. You are using the wrong organ -- your ears instead of your brain.Keep digging, brainiac. I've got some training to get in tonight.

t_niehoff
09-06-2007, 06:12 AM
Again your opinion doesn't go very far beyond the written word. Stop pretending your over-saturated know it all attitude knows a d@mn thing about the underground scene cuz you obviously don't and wouldn't even survive in places like that. There's no keyboard to save you there. Definitely easy to talk crap for someone who only talks it, namely you. You whine and moan and scuff at martial artists like there's no tomorrow, but you've got nothing to show for yourself but the passing on of criticism for the world for the skill and knowledge you've never gotten yourself.

I never claimed to be anything but a student of the game. But as such -- for much longer than you -- I recognize BS when I see or hear it. You keep talking about all this skill and knowledge out there -- where? In your fantasy world? Do you think talking a good game is the same as playing a good game? So where have any of your skilled and knowledgeable people ever fought anyone with good skill? Hmmm?

That's your problem. You don't think right. You can't see right. If you think fighting little girls proves you've got skill, either you've watched Balls of Fury too many times already, or you're living in a freakin' fantasy if this is how you're going to prove a point. You wanna talk about others, but you are a far cry from 'all that'. I've learned more in teaching martial arts to girls from 3 years old to women 50 years old, than your combined posts on the internet. How much more shallow do you want to show people you are?

How can you prove you have fighting skills without fighting?

You're a guy who has never really fought teaching how to fight to a bunch of ladies who also will never fight -- and you call yourself a martial arts teacher! Yeah, I'm sure you have "learned a lot". :(

Rightly so, I don't think you should be either judging by your postings. But like I said, you don't think. Let me refresh your short term memory and hopefully it might sink in just a little longer:

It is simple enough to understand: fighting skill comes from fighting (sparring). Period. Everything else is just prep work. The skill comes from fighting. How skilled you are will correspond to the amount of *quality* (you're only as good as your sparring partners) sparring/fighting you've put in. So how much *quality sparring* have most of the TCMA grandmothers (grandmasters) put in? Zero. So any guess as to what level of skill that corresponds to? Zero.

It's not surprising to me the amount of sh!t that comes out of your head with statements like this. Don't need to tell which end of you anything comes from cuz it's all the same. You think that titles is all the kung fu world is about? You are in a sad state of confusion. Maybe I shouldn't blame you for your ignorance.

I know exactly what titles in the "kung fu world" (LOL! - translation: fantasy land) areabout: self-aggrandizing, self-promotion, etc. They are all about ego. All about image. And they are all bullsh1t. Really stinky stuff.

Why? I highly doubt anyone would want to help you become a somebody from a nobody. You're nothing but a waste of time to real martial artists who actually have a true sense of value for the martial arts. You're a sideline cheerleader out there to make some noise and get attention from other men. Rather satisfying to leave you in your own worthless and deluded imagination about the Gong Wu at this point.

I don't want to be a "somebody" -- I'm not out to make any name for myself. And beating a TCMA grandmother would hardly give me any name if I wanted one -- only among people who worship grandmothers. LOL!

I'm no cheerleader -- you are. You are the one holding these grandmothers, these charlatans like Milton, etc. out as heroes. You are the one talking about "the Gong Wu" like it isn't some role-playing game. You are the one who never fights teaching a "martial art" to ladies who don't fight. And you are the one who believes that you have a "true sense of value for the martial arts" without grasping that if you aren't fighting you aren't even practicing a martial art.

Keep digging, brainiac. I've got some training to get in tonight.

I hope you have fun with the ladies.

Savi
09-06-2007, 02:22 PM
I never claimed to be anything but a student of the game. But as such -- for much longer than you -- I recognize BS when I see or hear it. You keep talking about all this skill and knowledge out there -- where? In your fantasy world? Do you think talking a good game is the same as playing a good game? So where have any of your skilled and knowledgeable people ever fought anyone with good skill? Hmmm?A game… yeah sure. That explains a whole lot to me about you. Fighting isn’t a “fuhk”ing game, and you have no idea how long I am you presumptuous pompous @ss. Seriously, time don't mean a freakin' thing when it comes to comparing people's awareness of things. The only thing you are able to recognize is the one thing you’ve decidedly accepted from the kung fu world, and that is Technique level comprehension – nothing more. My fantasy world? The kung fu world does not belong to me. I am a part of it, and it’s a world you’ve so far FAILED – miserably - to understand. You’re the outsider, and you’ve never known how to handle being an outsider aside from criticizing people you think your self-worth is greater than. Very shallow, T.

How can you prove you have fighting skills without fighting?

You're a guy who has never really fought teaching how to fight to a bunch of ladies who also will never fight -- and you call yourself a martial arts teacher! Yeah, I'm sure you have "learned a lot". :( You clearly have NO CLUE the kind of people I’ve taught and trained with. “Fought teaching how to fight”??? WTF does that mean? You think that I’m just a “women’s only instructor”? That’s fine. That shows me that you only have the potential see what I allow you see. Judging by your last post, you have no clue about me, what I teach, how I teach, who I teach, who I’ve taught, how many people I’ve taught, what kind of people I’ve taught, and maybe I’ll just leave it that way. All in all, it’s really none of your (yes, I mean YOU) d@mn business – but I am enjoying seeing you make that hole your sitting in deeper and deeper with your lousy come-backs.

It is simple enough to understand: fighting skill comes from fighting (sparring). Period. Everything else is just prep work. The skill comes from fighting. How skilled you are will correspond to the amount of *quality* (you're only as good as your sparring partners) sparring/fighting you've put in. Like I need a lesson from you, Captain Obvious.

So how much *quality sparring* have most of the TCMA grandmothers (grandmasters) put in? Zero. So any guess as to what level of skill that corresponds to? Zero.Well, at least you know a little math… Zero = Zero. Wow. I’m impressed Teri. Yet truth be told, I’ve never seen anyone’s grandmother spar – apart from scolding someone. A GRANDMASTER, on the other hand – that’s a category you just don’t understand, and probably never will – who the hell are you to speak on their skill and experience??? Now, I’m not saying all grandmasters are the same – you are the one saying that with your ridiculous blanket statement.

I know exactly what titles in the "kung fu world" (LOL! - translation: fantasy land) areabout: self-aggrandizing, self-promotion, etc. They are all about ego. All about image. And they are all bullsh1t. Really stinky stuff.ROFLMAO! There you go, still on the bandwagon. No doubt there are groups that are only interested in commercialization and marketing and money. BUT your lips are so big they get in the way of you even noticing that there are other groups of martial artists that aren’t remotely interested in those things. You see the kung fu world just from one point of view and I have to agree that what you see ain’t pretty! Unfortunately for you, you’re too lazy to do any real hard leg work to see anything else. What, T? Do you think that TCMA’s started in the 70’s? D@mn, your perspective above is so deluded it’s actually disgusting.

I don't want to be a "somebody" -- I'm not out to make any name for myself. And beating a TCMA grandmother would hardly give me any name if I wanted one -- only among people who worship grandmothers. LOL!When you’re done blowing yourself - up, let me know when you have something of substance to share, cuz I’m interested in your opinion :rolleyes: .

I'm no cheerleader -- you are. You are the one holding these grandmothers, these charlatans like Milton, etc. out as heroes. You are the one talking about "the Gong Wu" like it isn't some role-playing game. You are the one who never fights teaching a "martial art" to ladies who don't fight. And you are the one who believes that you have a "true sense of value for the martial arts" without grasping that if you aren't fighting you aren't even practicing a martial art.

I hope you have fun with the ladies.OOOh… snappy comeback, genius. Like I said before, stop pretending you know a single thing about me. You’re F’ing clueless, TERENCE. You are trying to point the finger back at me, but you don't even know who it is you are pointing at. I'm the one in an illusion? Take a clean look at yourself if that's even possible.

Bob8
09-06-2007, 11:57 PM
> You clearly have NO CLUE the kind of people I’ve taught and trained with.

Could you please name some of those?

t_niehoff
09-07-2007, 06:40 AM
A game… yeah sure. That explains a whole lot to me about you. Fighting isn’t a “fuhk”ing game, and you have no idea how long I am you presumptuous pompous @ss. Seriously, time don't mean a freakin' thing when it comes to comparing people's awareness of things. The only thing you are able to recognize is the one thing you’ve decidedly accepted from the kung fu world, and that is Technique level comprehension – nothing more. My fantasy world? The kung fu world does not belong to me. I am a part of it, and it’s a world you’ve so far FAILED – miserably - to understand. You’re the outsider, and you’ve never known how to handle being an outsider aside from criticizing people you think your self-worth is greater than. Very shallow, T.

Fighting is a "game" -- go talk with pro fighters, that's what they call it. But, of course, you know more than they do.

"The deadly kung fu world"? ROFLOL! You really are into Dungeons & Dragons aren't you? I'm sure you are part of it. Clearly from your POV you are part of it. When you say things like "technique level comprehension" it shows your POV -- that it is all intellectual. This "levels of comprehension" stuff is more nonsense that theoretical nonfighters, and fantasy kung fu killers, talk about, as though it existed. It doesn't. Knowledge and understanding beyond a superficial level in any fighting method comes from fighting skill and fighting experience.

You clearly have NO CLUE the kind of people I’ve taught and trained with. “Fought teaching how to fight”??? WTF does that mean? You think that I’m just a “women’s only instructor”? That’s fine. That shows me that you only have the potential see what I allow you see. Judging by your last post, you have no clue about me, what I teach, how I teach, who I teach, who I’ve taught, how many people I’ve taught, what kind of people I’ve taught, and maybe I’ll just leave it that way. All in all, it’s really none of your (yes, I mean YOU) d@mn business – but I am enjoying seeing you make that hole your sitting in deeper and deeper with your lousy come-backs.

Your views reveal that you don't fight and have never fought with anyone particularly skilled. If you had, you wouldn't be spewing such nonsense, you'd know better. But clearly you don't know better, and that comes from a lack of genuine quality experience and living in a fantasy world. The two go together btw -- genuine experience tends to deflate the fantasy.

Like I need a lesson from you, Captain Obvious.

Most things are fairly obvious *given the right experience*.

Well, at least you know a little math… Zero = Zero. Wow. I’m impressed Teri. Yet truth be told, I’ve never seen anyone’s grandmother spar – apart from scolding someone. A GRANDMASTER, on the other hand – that’s a category you just don’t understand, and probably never will – who the hell are you to speak on their skill and experience??? Now, I’m not saying all grandmasters are the same – you are the one saying that with your ridiculous blanket statement.

So now you call me "Teri" --is this the limit of your debating skills? Is this what you do when you can't use either evidence or reason to support your position? What a class act you are. Good to see your Ch'an training paying off. ;)

Are you suggesting that some TCMA grandmothers do spar with quality opponents? OK, who? Can't name one? Hmmm. So despite any evidence that they do, you believe some do? Hmmm.

Who am I to speak of their skill and experience? Who the hell are they? Who put them up on a pedestal so that their qualifications, skills, experience, etc. can't be questioned? Who do I need to be? You've got people with little to no true martial skill going around taking money, calling themselves authorities, giving themselves titles, promoting nonsense, and then we have people like you saying "who are you to question them"!! That they give themselves titles doesn't give them immunity.

ROFLMAO! There you go, still on the bandwagon. No doubt there are groups that are only interested in commercialization and marketing and money. BUT your lips are so big they get in the way of you even noticing that there are other groups of martial artists that aren’t remotely interested in those things. You see the kung fu world just from one point of view and I have to agree that what you see ain’t pretty! Unfortunately for you, you’re too lazy to do any real hard leg work to see anything else. What, T? Do you think that TCMA’s started in the 70’s? D@mn, your perspective above is so deluded it’s actually disgusting.

Oh, the TCMAs didn't start in the 70s -- they go way back. Delusion, greed, fakery, nonsense, etc. didn't start in the 70s after all. ;)

There is no "kung fu world" except in your fantasy. People may like westerns, but the real west was nothing like books, the movies, the legends, etc. There was no "code of the West". Gunfights had more to do with shooting someone in the back than the quickdraw, etc. It's the same with the Gong Wu. It's been distorted and romatacized. And it ended, just like the Old West ended. Let it go.

When you’re done blowing yourself - up, let me know when you have something of substance to share, cuz I’m interested in your opinion :rolleyes: .

A dazzling display of rhetoric. ;)

OOOh… snappy comeback, genius. Like I said before, stop pretending you know a single thing about me. You’re F’ing clueless, TERENCE. You are trying to point the finger back at me, but you don't even know who it is you are pointing at. I'm the one in an illusion? Take a clean look at yourself if that's even possible.

The only things I know about you are what you yourself say. You views pretty much reveal your lack of experience. It's like someone saying things like "all you need to do on the ground is poke the eyes and bite". As soon as any grappler hears that, they'll *know* that the speaker has no ground experience. Because anyone with ground experience will know better. Now, that might sound plausible to other nonfighters, but anyone with genuine quality experience will know. Just as anyone with quality fighting experience will know by your POV that you lack experience.

Savi
09-07-2007, 02:44 PM
Terence,
You deliberately and shamefully denounce the seniors of the kung fu community by calling the grandmasters of the community “grandmothers” who “lack any real fighting skill and experience.” You are degrading and insulting; attacking the entire kung fu community by calling TCMA’s “crap” and the whole Kung Fu World – aka community a “dungeons & dragons – fantasy world”. You are an instigator and a coward, and I base this on your inflammatory and spiteful insults against the community. You’re a nobody and deserve no respect.

Now here you are, trying to trap me in this discussion by making false and BASELESS judgments about my experience. This; however, is the same old joke you’ve been parading around like a cheerleader with a broken record against the kung fu community’s grandmasters. Your tactics against me are far from new or original, and just as before lack any real degree of validity. You also tried to divert attention off of you by turning a part of our discussion about my teaching background into a challenge against my fighting experience as if that were the original emphasis. Do you want to talk about apples, or oranges?

Like I said Terence, in the kung fu community you’re just a cheerleader trying to get attention from real men. Do something better with your life, like minding your own business instead of acting like an expert on everyone else’s lives. You don’t know jack and you're certainly full of sh!t.

Do you think you’re someone special here? Do you think this is the way to earn your big break in the world, by p!ssing on everyone else? Do you think this is how people will respect or consider your views? If so, you don’t have a clue, man. If that's not why you're here, then I'd say there's other forums for people like you. Real skill on any stage (physical, verbal, psychological...) requires humility; not self-indulgence, as one of the ingredients.

Liddel
09-07-2007, 05:07 PM
Why dont you guys just cut the cr@p and organise a fight on ice.

Of course if Milton wants to be there youll have to find thick enough ice to support his gut. LOL

DREW

t_niehoff
09-07-2007, 09:00 PM
Terence,
You deliberately and shamefully denounce the seniors of the kung fu community by calling the grandmasters of the community “grandmothers” who “lack any real fighting skill and experience.” You are degrading and insulting; attacking the entire kung fu community by calling TCMA’s “crap” and the whole Kung Fu World – aka community a “dungeons & dragons – fantasy world”. You are an instigator and a coward, and I base this on your inflammatory and spiteful insults against the community. You’re a nobody and deserve no respect.

Who give's a rat's ass about who is "senior" (all that means is they've spent more time than me wasting their time) or about somone who gives themselves titles? If you say these people have fighting skills, then tell me who've they fought? Simple enough question. They've fought no one. And certainly no one really good. And, since you only develop fightig skills by fighting, how can they have had any real skill?

This is an easy enough thing to iron out -- let's just see the masters and grandmasters fight. See what they can really do when hard-pressed. We both know that will never happen. Then the myth will be exposed.

This whole mentality of hero worship and deference to authority is part and parcel of the traditional mindset. And what makes it so silly, is that the heroes and the authorities have no proven skills!

Now here you are, trying to trap me in this discussion by making false and BASELESS judgments about my experience. This; however, is the same old joke you’ve been parading around like a cheerleader with a broken record against the kung fu community’s grandmasters. Your tactics against me are far from new or original, and just as before lack any real degree of validity. You also tried to divert attention off of you by turning a part of our discussion about my teaching background into a challenge against my fighting experience as if that were the original emphasis. Do you want to talk about apples, or oranges?

Or maybe next time I am discussing Tony's silly-ass claims with Tony you'll stay out of it? But if you want to defend his claims, try using evidence and reason. You can't hide your lack of experience -- anyone with experience will pick up on it the minute you open your mouth. The only people who will buy into your views are people equally inexperienced.

Like I said Terence, in the kung fu community you’re just a cheerleader trying to get attention from real men. Do something better with your life, like minding your own business instead of acting like an expert on everyone else’s lives. You don’t know jack and you're certainly full of sh!t.

Here you go with the "cheerleading" and talk of being "real men" -- from someone with no real fighting skill. OK -- that just stings me to the core. ;)

Do you think you’re someone special here? Do you think this is the way to earn your big break in the world, by p!ssing on everyone else? Do you think this is how people will respect or consider your views? If so, you don’t have a clue, man. If that's not why you're here, then I'd say there's other forums for people like you. Real skill on any stage (physical, verbal, psychological...) requires humility; not self-indulgence, as one of the ingredients.

Dude, I don't think of myself as anyone special -- that's why I don't give myself a title like the grandmothers do or take money to teach something that I can't really do like you. You see, people who live in a fantasy world, the kung fu world, are the ones who believe they are special. And in a sense they are, I guess -- in a small yellow schoolbus kind of way.

Mr Punch
09-07-2007, 09:41 PM
First all of, good news and congratulations to all you who went to any of those seminars... I love hearing about occasions when top people get to go to places they've never been before and share what they know with people of other countries! Unfortunately we don't get much of that over here...

Hello Tom,
Sorry I don't have any definitive answer for you but I really don't know.Those types are of little concern to me but again my advice would be try the local San Jose buzz and see what you get.
Milton is all about standing his ground face to face. Man to Man. Like Tony said, if you’re that terrified and overreacting about an announcement, just give his local gym a call to ease your shakey nerves. Pay him a visit, big man. He’s never lost a match and never backed down from a challenge. More silly and unfounded claims? Get a d@mn life, T. You’re just a nobody who likes to jump on bandwagon after bandwagon. That’s all you’ve ever done. I heard Milton with my own ears, and yes he will be fighting in the UFC. This is presumably the San Jose buzz...? So, Mr Buzz, could you tell us a bit more about the bolded bit please? What matches? What's his record (you say it's X-0-0? Or has he ever drawn a match? That would be X-0-X - I'm intrigued :rolleyes: )? Who were his opponents? Where? You obviously know... how many have you seen? It can't be that big of a secret if Dana White's got enough wind of him to put him in a UFC...!

Upon our return we were greeted with the news that long time hfy practitioner Sifu Milton Wallace is scheduled to participate in an upcoming UFC fight. Milton has been training very hard for this ...That's funny - I didn't think you needed so much training to wipe down a ring...! :p J/k

It is funny how here and at Bullshido some of the HFY people have gone out of their way to disown Wallace though, and now he may be getting a big fight he's 'long time HFY practitioner'! Anyway, I wish him the best of luck. I think he's going to need it.

This being the case at the request of some of his older long time students Sifu Gee is currently contemplating moving his classes to a more well known location of the city were organized but less publicised streets fights occur on a more frequent basis.
That does also sound odd... why wouldn't he move to a city known for high-level competition fighting? Or if he's really interested in 'real fighting' maybe Mosul, Basra or Bagdad would make a better kwoon location.

Liddel
09-07-2007, 10:10 PM
It is funny how here and at Bullshido some of the HFY people have gone out of their way to disown Wallace though, and now he may be getting a big fight he's 'long time HFY practitioner'!

I had thought the same exact thing... i was specifically told on this forum that he wasnt an example of a HFY practitioner when i enquired about a youtube vid he featured in.

Anyway - UFC is Broadcast all over the world, so if these claims are true, ill even be able to see him in action here in New Zealand.

I also think in victory or defeat he should look sharp and dangerous, im mean for a man with 500 street fights :cool: LOL

DREW

canglong
09-07-2007, 11:03 PM
What did that have to do with the Ireland seminar? Nothing. You put those things in because you believed they sounded impressive. Well, it backfired. They didn't sound impressive, they sounded silly and were clearly nonsense. And when people make silly and nonsensical claims, they're asking to get called on them.Just as I stated it is merely information received after the trip. Terence, without the ability to read minds you have no idea why others do what they do and no matter how much belief you place in your own opinion it still remains just that opinion not fact. Backfired? lmao I think you might actually believe that statement and if so you really are placing to much focus on yourself and your opinions.
That's hardly a gradiose claim -- that I could beat someone who has never fought or trained to fight a day in their life! Hey, I could beat loads of grandmothers too. (In the TCMAs, grandmaster=grandmother, for the most part).It's not only grandiose but it's also hypocritical because it proves you were never taken out of context just a long winded lawyer with too much time on his hands that could care less about proving his own claims.
Dude, your making the claims, I'm just pointing out that they are silly and nonsensical claims. Rant and rage all you like -- all that tells me is that you have nothing to back up your claims, so all you can do is rant and rage about what a pr1ck I am. OK. But whatever I am has nothing to do with how silly and nonsensical your claims are.Terence,
Your personal attacks and fervent desire to one up everyone has blurred your ability to reason. There are no claims in my post! My post contains information shared with the public as I understand it. No need to be so paranoid reading things into my post that just aren't there.

anerlich
09-08-2007, 12:56 AM
You guys rise to the bait too easily. Sorry, I said "you guys", but basically it IS applicable here.

No one takes Terence's public self negation and self loathing which he projects out onto this forum with any seriousness any more. Arguing with him is a waste of time. Cut off his oxygen, put him on the ignore list like several of us have and move on.

It's one thing to be "training for the UFC" and another to be invited. Generally you have to do well in a succession of smaller shows to get invited. Some of the early enlisters to the forum may remember that Rick Spain and Joe Sayah were rejected by the UFC bureaucracy in the mid 90's, as well as the abortive efforts to set up matches between Emin Boztepe and the Gracies. Basically, until Milton appears on the card, nothing's happening.

I trained with two UFC veterans last year, and switched schools this year to train with the guys that first taught them BJJ back in the 90's - for logistical rather than quality reasons, FWIW. It's not hard to find people who have fought in the UFC.

I'm glad the seminar went well. You guys (there I go again) do tend to invite some derision when you talk about GG's trip as if it had about the same importance as Bodhidharma going from India to China. At present, the Presidents of America, Russia and China are all in my city, and next week we have Rigan Machado here for a number of seminars.

You'll forgive me, I hope if I don't regard the head of a WC substyle's visit to Ireland as not quite deserving the same breathless prose. Your mileage obviously varies, but the hyperbole does grate a little.

Anyway, well done. Hope things continue to grow in your little patch.

This being the case at the request of some of his older long time students Sifu Gee is currently contemplating moving his classes to a more well known location of the city were organized but less publicised streets fights occur on a more frequent basis.

Great :rolleyes: He'll need good medical and public liability insurance, and a good lawyer on retainer. Maybe .... Terence?

YungChun
09-08-2007, 03:56 AM
Great :rolleyes: He'll need good medical and public liability insurance, and a good lawyer on retainer. Maybe .... Terence?
ROFLOL...

No doubt he'd use a brilliant new defense strategy based on the fact that "theoretical fighters" can only inflict "theoretical injuries" which naturally should be settled with "theoretical compensation".. :)

Mr Punch
09-08-2007, 08:41 AM
I'm glad the seminar went well. You guys (there I go again) do tend to invite some derision when you talk about GG's trip as if it had about the same importance as Bodhidharma going from India to China.I don't think it sounded like that. I thought it was just the usual enthusiasm.

ROFLOL...

No doubt he'd use a brilliant new defense strategy based on the fact that "theoretical fighters" can only inflict "theoretical injuries" which naturally should be settled with "theoretical compensation".. :)Hhahhahahhahahahhahha! :D :D :D LOL

That is ****ing funny!

t_niehoff
09-08-2007, 08:48 AM
Just as I stated it is merely information received after the trip.

I understand that. However, you should take the time to stop and think about any "information" before you post it. After all, you are posting it for a reason (not just to inform) -- in this case to promote HFY (Milton is training for the UFC, the school is moving nearer to the "underground fights"). So if you post some "information" that turns out to be nonsense, it doesn't help your cause (the promotion of HFY) but does just the opposite.

Terence, without the ability to read minds you have no idea why others do what they do and no matter how much belief you place in your own opinion it still remains just that opinion not fact. Backfired? lmao I think you might actually believe that statement and if so you really are placing to much focus on yourself and your opinions.

No one needs the ability to "read minds" to figure out why you posted these things. Do you believe anyone bought into them?

It's not only grandiose but it's also hypocritical because it proves you were never taken out of context just a long winded lawyer with too much time on his hands that could care less about proving his own claims.

It's only grandiose because you believe they hype, the stories, the nonsense that these grandmothers hide behind and use to make money off of the gullible. As I said to Savi, do *you* know of any grandmasters that can be shown (proved) to have fought anyone with good skills? Hmmm? Anyone? I guess that just about proves my claim. ;)

Terence,
Your personal attacks and fervent desire to one up everyone has blurred your ability to reason. There are no claims in my post! My post contains information shared with the public as I understand it. No need to be so paranoid reading things into my post that just aren't there.

You decide what "information" to share and how to present it. And you do both so as to promote HFY. Not all information is factual or true. Certainly not the stuff about Milton and the UFC or moving the school to be closer to underground fighting. Those are claims -- you are, by presenting it in the manner you did, holding it out as though it were true.

t_niehoff
09-08-2007, 09:09 AM
You guys rise to the bait too easily. Sorry, I said "you guys", but basically it IS applicable here.

No one takes Terence's public self negation and self loathing which he projects out onto this forum with any seriousness any more. Arguing with him is a waste of time. Cut off his oxygen, put him on the ignore list like several of us have and move on.

Oh, it's not self-negation and self-loathing -- it is rather the negation and loathing of the fraudulant aspects of TCMAs. I understand why many don't like either my POV (as they have bought into the traditional mindset like a pseudo-religion) or my expression of it. And I understand why some people like to use the "ignore list" -- that way they don't have to hear anything they don't want to hear. Yes, God forbid they hear anything that might disturb their "traditional world view." And, of course, if they don't hear it, then they have an excuse for not being able to defend their view with either evidence or reason. A convenient way to preserve face.

It's one thing to be "training for the UFC" and another to be invited. Generally you have to do well in a succession of smaller shows to get invited. Some of the early enlisters to the forum may remember that Rick Spain and Joe Sayah were rejected by the UFC bureaucracy in the mid 90's, as well as the abortive efforts to set up matches between Emin Boztepe and the Gracies. Basically, until Milton appears on the card, nothing's happening.

No one is "training for the UFC" unless and until they've been invited. Training with the hopes of one day being invited is not "training for the UFC". If that were the case, I'm training for Wimbledon. ;)

I guess you brought up the rejection of Spain and Sayah as some indication that "good" people can be rejected by the UFC. I think the point is that the UFC wants proven good fighters, people that as you point out "have done well in a succession of smaller shows". Spain and Sayah don't fit in that category.

I trained with two UFC veterans last year, and switched schools this year to train with the guys that first taught them BJJ back in the 90's - for logistical rather than quality reasons, FWIW. It's not hard to find people who have fought in the UFC.

No, they are not difficult to find at all.

Wayfaring
09-08-2007, 09:28 AM

I'm glad the seminar went well. You guys (there I go again) do tend to invite some derision when you talk about GG's trip as if it had about the same importance as Bodhidharma going from India to China. At present, the Presidents of America, Russia and China are all in my city, and next week we have Rigan Machado here for a number of seminars.

You'll forgive me, I hope if I don't regard the head of a WC substyle's visit to Ireland as not quite deserving the same breathless prose. Your mileage obviously varies, but the hyperbole does grate a little.

Hey I thought I was doing well not getting into it with our resident underground WC lawyer chess master debater dude. I just don't have the rhetoric skillz any more or maybe the interest.:D

I've been to a few of GG's seminars, and one of Rigan's. Although I'm not really good at the breathless prose, I got a lot out of all of the above. Anything hands on like that you can get a better picture of the live energies involved, which is always a good thing.

However, who are these "Presidents of America, Russia, and China"? Do they have a fight record? Seminars? Can they fight better than grandmothers? :D

Anyway I was glad to hear about the Ireland trip. That sounded like a lot of fun, and some good personal time training. I would have tagged along except for time and cash flow constraints.

canglong
09-08-2007, 11:53 AM
No one takes Terence's public self negation and self loathing which he projects out onto this forum with any seriousness any more. Arguing with him is a waste of time. Cut off his oxygen, put him on the ignore list like several of us have and move on.anerlich,
Yes no one could agree with this more than me and I must say putting him on ignore makes sense because answering the same question up to 100 pages because Terence feels offended is getting really old.
originally posted by t_niehoff
I understand that. However, you should take the time to stop and think about any "information" before you post it. If you mean take your feelings into consideration before posting that's not happening anytime soon.
No one needs the ability to "read minds" to figure out why you posted these things. Do you believe anyone bought into them?No need to read minds as long as you have got your opinion and with that no matter how many times I tell you you're wrong about me you will in your mind continue to be right. You sound bitter because people aren't buying what you are selling. Truth is it has more to do with the messenger than the message.
You decide what "information" to share and how to present it. And you do both so as to promote HFY. Not all information is factual or true. Certainly not the stuff about Milton and the UFC or moving the school to be closer to underground fighting. Those are claims -- you are, by presenting it in the manner you did, holding it out as though it were true.Applying your moderating efforts to an individual or select group is the definition of troll. There is a difference between absolute truth and relative truth you are arguing relative truths showcasing your willingness to delve into the realm of idiotic. You would do well to understand those differences before taking up any position of forum police officer in the future.

Nick Forrer
09-10-2007, 03:56 AM
Sifu Milton Wallace is scheduled to participate in an upcoming UFC fight

There are no claims in my post!

Bizarre statement:confused:

Ultimatewingchun
09-10-2007, 12:33 PM
"And stop trying to rewrite history. I told Victor on this forum that I didn't want to go to Cleveland simply to 'touch hands' with a bunch of WCK people. He didn't want to bring in good nonWCK fighters to the event and make sparring mandatory but wanted a wing chun friendship thingy -- that's cool, but it doesn't interest me." (Terence)

***TOTALLY MISLEADING LAWYER SPIN. It was made crystal clear long in advance that this wasn't going to be a nice little "let's do some drills and friendly chi sao get together" in Cleveland...and that I was coming to spar and would encourage other people to do the same - but that no one would be forced or embarrassed into sparring if they didn't want to. TERENCE KNEW ALL OF THIS - and said he was coming MANY TIMES on the threads leading up to the event...and then was inexplicably a no-show. And furthermore, there was never any "disputes" on any of the threads about bringing in nonWCK fighters to the event. It was mentioned once or twice, rejected in favor of a wing chun only sparring get together - and no one (including Terence) ever made a big thing about it.

HOWEVER, TONY... this whole thing about this Milton guy is a joke. He's clearly a fraud and a nutcase. His claims are completely indefensible - and his name should be dropped from the HFY vocabulary as quickly as "you guys" can do it. It only adds to HFY's already long list of questionable and unverifiable claims.

Why dig the hole any deeper?

Just get out there and make your system work - and perhaps someday one of your guys might go on to some sort of legit MMA venue and do well.

As Anerlich put it so well earlier in this thread:

"I'm glad the seminar went well. You guys (there I go again) do tend to invite some derision when you talk about GG's trip as if it had about the same importance as Bodhidharma going from India to China. At present, the Presidents of America, Russia and China are all in my city, and next week we have Rigan Machado here for a number of seminars.

Anyway, well done. Hope things continue to grow in your little patch."

canglong
09-10-2007, 05:07 PM
-- that I could beat someone who has never fought or trained to fight a day in their life! Hey, I could beat loads of grandmothers too. (In the TCMAs, grandmaster=grandmother, for the most part).
Nick,
There is a difference between the information in my post as opposed to the hypocritical claims made by Terence yet you seem to be focused on the wrong one. Terence is not persuing an exchange between himself and Chen Xiao Wong has no idea of CXW's fighting history nor does he seem anxious to post his condescending post on a tia chi forum. Vilifying someone that is actually trying to fight seems to be misplaced cyncism considering you have no first hand experience with Milton.
Originally posted by Ultimatewingchun
HOWEVER, TONY... this whole thing about this Milton guy is a joke. He's clearly a fraud and a nutcase. His claims are completely indefensible - and his name should be dropped from the HFY vocabulary as quickly as "you guys" can do it. It only adds to HFY's already long list of questionable and unverifiable claims.Victor,
You are entitled to your opinion just don't be surprised or offended when someone else doesn't share the same opinion. Doubt that it's a big stretch that you disagreed with more than one of the comments on the Keith Mazza youtube posting but you probably know Keith better than most of those posting.