PDA

View Full Version : question

bodhitree
07-28-2007, 08:19 AM
who's this kungfu guy?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JpzLlWZIiXo&mode=related&search=

Pork Chop
07-28-2007, 09:10 AM
John Marsh vs Sean Scott; Sean Scott's the kung fu dude, trained in Kung Fu San Soo.

David Jamieson
07-28-2007, 10:11 AM
nice weight difference. lol

can you say fixed?

oh, and "kungfu" dude is an idiot for taking that bet.

Pork Chop
07-28-2007, 10:32 AM
fixed? he got his arm broken. he was also the one who offered the $5k to anyone who'd fight him no rules, if he wanted a smaller dude he shouldn't have made an open challenge. props to the guy for trying to use his stuff though.

David Jamieson
07-28-2007, 10:34 AM
I'll reiterate.

"kungfu" dude was an idiot.

chivalrous hall
07-28-2007, 11:21 AM
you sure that wasnt tom selleck in character as Magnum PI

jo
07-28-2007, 12:00 PM
fixed? he got his arm broken. he was also the one who offered the $5k to anyone who'd fight him no rules, if he wanted a smaller dude he shouldn't have made an open challenge. props to the guy for trying to use his stuff though.

Pork Chop! Thanks for the info. I saw this one a few years ago, but I did not know that the background story of what led up to this was. So the KF guy put up a 5K challenge? I'll bet he thought that would scare off all the other bogus TCMA Sifu's in his area. Too bad he ran into someone who actually gets down and sweaty hand-to-hand and is not caught up in the bulllshootie that passes for MA instruction these days.

- jo

B-Rad
07-28-2007, 12:50 PM
Also, if I remember correctly, San Soo dude had a total of something like 5 years experience and was already running his own school.

So the KF guy put up a 5K challenge?
He put up 5k claiming that he could beat any sport fighter using his deadly/illegal techniques - eye gouges and the like... (or something like that, you could probably find something about it deep in the KFM archives). San Soo community, at least the online community that was here at the time, quickly disowned him :D Provided plenty of mma troll ammo for quite awhile and still pops up from time to time ;)

Black Jack II
07-28-2007, 01:09 PM
This was the video that started it all.:D

stonewarrior67
07-28-2007, 05:04 PM
Idiot is not strong enough to describe that ding dong. He makes all of us CMA guys look like douches!
Even if he did have any skill what guy with a normal brain would agree to fighting someone way out of his weight class like that. I'd bet you 5k even if that MMA dude had no training what so ever he would still beat the living tar out of that *******.
I hope he has a good medical plan and he should probably incorporate some zoloft.

Knifefighter
07-28-2007, 09:23 PM
Scott is a nice guy, but he had been brainwashed by a system that had made him think he was a deadly killing machine. He was a San Soo instructor whose school had an open $5,000.00 challenge for him to fight anybody. Unfortunatley for him, he hadn't competed or fought anyone outside of his school before, so he didn't have any idea how good a heavyweight MMA/BJJ fighter could be.

They did mostly "too deadly" drills at the school and didn't really spar, so they didn't realize that the stuff they were practicing was pretty bogus and wasn't that effective in a real fight. He and the other instructors at the school were completely convinced he could beat John. They were actually hesistant to fight him, not because he was big and good, but because he was only a BJJ purple belt and they wanted him to fight a black belt.

Knifefighter
07-28-2007, 09:34 PM
He put up 5k claiming that he could beat any sport fighter using his deadly/illegal techniques - eye gouges and the like... (or something like that, you could probably find something about it deep in the KFM archives). San Soo community, at least the online community that was here at the time, quickly disowned him :D Provided plenty of mma troll ammo for quite awhile and still pops up from time to time ;)

Actually, the original challenge was put out for other TMA practitioners, but none of them would step up and take the fight.

SifuAbel
07-28-2007, 10:18 PM
if he wanted a smaller dude he shouldn't have made an open challenge.

If memory serves me, He was supposed to fight a smaller guy. But that guy had to bow out and so he brought John in his place.

Knifefighter
07-28-2007, 10:30 PM
If memory serves me, He was supposed to fight a smaller guy. But that guy had to bow out and so he brought John in his place.

There was no "bringing John in his place". Negotiations regarding the fight with John went on for a few weeks before the fight.

Shaolin Wookie
07-29-2007, 05:25 AM
Actually, the original challenge was put out for other TMA practitioners, but none of them would step up and take the fight.

Anybody know a school in Atlanta with a 5,000 dollar challenge on the boards? I'm not saying I think I'm that good. But I am that poor. For 5,000 dollars I'd be willing to take an ass whoopin if needs be. Who knows? I might get lucky.

Knifefighter
07-29-2007, 08:19 AM
Anybody know a school in Atlanta with a 5,000 dollar challenge on the boards? I'm not saying I think I'm that good. But I am that poor. For 5,000 dollars I'd be willing to take an ass whoopin if needs be. Who knows? I might get lucky.

The deal was if you lost, you had to fork over your own $5,000.00 also.

Shaolin Wookie
07-29-2007, 09:59 AM

Chosen-frozen
07-30-2007, 05:25 AM
I just assumed it was an out-take from the next Borat movie.:D:D:D