PDA

View Full Version : Nick Cerio Ed Parker

sun dragon
07-29-2007, 09:10 AM
I just found this on the web. http://www.network54.com/Forum/160433/message/1111428562/

It says Cerio ranked himself to 5th don. It also says he screwed over Ed Parker in running dojo's for him. Does anyone here know about this?

John Takeshi
07-29-2007, 12:18 PM
It says Cerio ranked himself to 5th don.

Is he a part of an Italian martial arts school? Sounds interesting.

xcakid
07-29-2007, 05:59 PM
That's BS.

Cerio got his rankings directly from Prof Chow. He did rank himself 10th when he broke off and created his own style of Kenpo. But from what I understand it was under the blessings of Prof K.S. Chow. Similar thing happened when Ralph Castro broke off.

Granted Cerio may have done the same as Mattera when he circumvented Villari and went directly under Cerio. In that Cerio broke off and used Prof Chow as a directly lineage. That part is a possibility.

xcakid
07-29-2007, 06:03 PM
OH why is this thread in the Shaolin Forum. :confused: We're talking kenpo.

SenseiShellie
07-29-2007, 06:20 PM

Is there a Kenpo thread on here?

ngokfei
07-30-2007, 01:29 PM
very easy to find out.

Where are the certificates signed by Chow?

yeah, there is alot of what I call "Lineage Jumping" going on today.

Whenever $$$ is at stake people make very bad decisions that have repercussions for years to come.

A Head Master should respect their students who are running schools. Its just bad form/business to take on their students.

Actually this is now addressed in many contracts today.

It reminds me of the abused child syndrome. I personally stay clear of teachers who have broken ties with their own instructors then attempt at having very rigid and specific rules and regulations address such things in their own organizations.

pot calling the kettle black?

sun dragon
09-03-2007, 12:01 PM
That's BS.

Cerio got his rankings directly from Prof Chow. He did rank himself 10th when he broke off and created his own style of Kenpo. But from what I understand it was under the blessings of Prof K.S. Chow. Similar thing happened when Ralph Castro broke off.

Granted Cerio may have done the same as Mattera when he circumvented Villari and went directly under Cerio. In that Cerio broke off and used Prof Chow as a directly lineage. That part is a possibility.

Like I said I read about it on another form. I was wondering if anyone here knew about it?

Kung_Who?
09-05-2007, 09:52 PM

Well, if it makes ya feel any better, many claim that Kenpo is a Shaolin art.

I found this on a Kenpo search, dont know how accurate it is, Kenpo not my main style, but, since this thread has something to do with lineage:

http://www.kenpojujits.com/lineage.htm

sk girl
09-08-2007, 12:28 PM
Well, if it makes ya feel any better, many claim that Kenpo is a Shaolin art.

I found this on a Kenpo search, dont know how accurate it is, Kenpo not my main style, but, since this thread has something to do with lineage:

http://www.kenpojujits.com/lineage.htm

Yeah kempo realy looks like kungfu:rolleyes:

Kung_Who?
09-09-2007, 08:58 AM
I trained Chinese Kenpo for a while, and noticed several similarities.

Once we got past the first belt, everything looked familiar. Not withstanding, one can find as many forms of Kenpo as we can Kung Fu, so it comes as no supprise that we can find similarities.

Yeah kempo realy looks like kungfu:rolleyes:

sun dragon
09-09-2007, 02:39 PM
I trained Chinese Kenpo for a while, and noticed several similarities.

Once we got past the first belt, everything looked familiar. Not withstanding, one can find as many forms of Kenpo as we can Kung Fu, so it comes as no supprise that we can find similarities.

I've train in Villari kempo and kung fu and they are NOT SIMILAR!

TenTigers
09-09-2007, 04:15 PM
I've taught for Tracy's as well as Villari's learning their systems.I have also been training Hung Kuen (as well as other systems-Siu-Lum, CLF,SPM,Northern, etc)for over twenty years, and I must say that although Villaris only resembles someone trying to look like bad Kung-Fu,Tracy's was alot closer in application and movement to some versions of Hung Kuen.

Kung_Who?
09-09-2007, 07:18 PM
The Kempo I trained, while not Tracy's. was still from Parker's tree, via an instructor named bernstien, to Little Sun.
My Hung Ga training comes via Buck Sam Kong, to Don Morrison, David Terri to Keith Cullors begining in 1983.

Yes, our stances are deeper and conditioning more strict, but the physical techniques (Not forms) are very much alike.

It should really be no supprise that the two arts should maintain some resemblance, as I understand from some Kenpo instructors, the Tiger-Crane set is still required in some Kenpo training about brown belt level.

Not that this really makes any difference, I think both arts are very effective and promote health and well being for the student and teacher, thats what most of us want from a martial art, the rest is personal preference of tradition, which, yes, should alwayse be honered.

I've taught for Tracy's as well as Villari's learning their systems.I have also been training Hung Kuen (as well as other systems-Siu-Lum, CLF,SPM,Northern, etc)for over twenty years, and I must say that although Villaris only resembles someone trying to look like bad Kung-Fu,Tracy's was alot closer in application and movement to some versions of Hung Kuen.

mkriii
10-05-2007, 09:01 AM
Nick Cerio and Ed Parker were also partners with Al Tracy. Al tarcy broke away from Ed Parker too. Seems like no one wanted to stay with Ed Parker. Here is a link to Al Tracy's web site. Incidently, Al Tracy's main headquarters is in my town of Lexington Kentucky.

http://www.tracyskarate.com/

sun dragon
11-17-2007, 09:37 PM
Nick Cerio and Ed Parker were also partners with Al Tracy. Al tarcy broke away from Ed Parker too. Seems like no one wanted to stay with Ed Parker. Here is a link to Al Tracy's web site. Incidently, Al Tracy's main headquarters is in my town of Lexington Kentucky.

http://www.tracyskarate.com/

I read that Cerio worked for him. What happened?:confused: