PDA

View Full Version : 2007 U.S. International Kuo Shu Championships

Phil Redmond
07-29-2007, 06:33 PM
Two students from our NJ school fought at the 2007 U.S. International Kuo Shu Championships (Lei Tai division) Men's Heavy B Weight Division. 76.1 - 82 (167.42 to 180.4 lbs.) in Hunt Valley, MD. One of them bowed out to the other to take 1st and 2nd place in the finals. They used Wing Chun and didn't resort to "kick boxing". I'm very proud of them.
Phil

martyg
07-29-2007, 07:01 PM
Congrats Phil, always nice to see Wing Chun people do well.

Phil Redmond
07-29-2007, 07:31 PM
Congrats Phil, always nice to see Wing Chun people do well.

Thanks Marty. The way I see it is a win for any WC person is a win for ALL WC.
Phil

rindge
07-29-2007, 07:54 PM
Phil, congrats. Phil, you are the king of video - do your guys have some clips? It would be great to see.

Rindge

Phil Redmond
07-30-2007, 01:37 PM
Phil, congrats. Phil, you are the king of video - do your guys have some clips? It would be great to see.

Rindge

Thanks Rindge,
Phil

Phil Redmond
07-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Tim "Taz" Weber and Joe "Hospital Punch" Marrero

VingDragon
07-30-2007, 01:48 PM
Hey Phil,
My congratulations to you as a coach! I wish more successes like that :)

Phil Redmond
07-30-2007, 02:03 PM
Hey Phil,
My congratulations to you as a coach! I wish more successes like that :)
Thanks, the guys here love to fight so we give them what they love. Give me a call sometime.
Phil

Tom Kagan
07-30-2007, 05:08 PM
Thanks Marty. The way I see it is a win for any WC person is a win for ALL WC.
Phil

Deja vu. :rolleyes:

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=646354#post646354

Regardless, big kudos to the two.

(... minus 1/16th kudos for not facing each other in the finals. ;) )

k gledhill
07-30-2007, 06:26 PM
well done ...a sign of more to come.

Matrix
07-30-2007, 06:28 PM
The way I see it is a win for any WC person is a win for ALL WC.Well said Phil. I guess I've just come to expect the highest level of diginity and respect from you. :cool:

Peace,
Bill

Phil Redmond
08-05-2007, 08:22 PM
http://www.wingchunkwoon.com/clips.asp
PR

MisterNoobie
08-06-2007, 07:34 AM
http://www.wingchunkwoon.com/clips.asp
PR

Nice Job and congrats! Looking forward to the full video and beginning some twc training.

Ultimatewingchun
08-06-2007, 02:06 PM
Congrats. That's some real full body wing chun goin' on there, Phil...:D :cool:

Nice structure! Especially when their opponents hit the floor after taking some hard headshots.

I've got to take a trip out to New Jersey and see these two guys in person. I don't remember either one of them being at sifu's seminar back in late June.

Phil Redmond
08-06-2007, 05:54 PM
Congrats. That's some real full body wing chun goin' on there, Phil...:D :cool:

Nice structure! Especially when their opponents hit the floor after taking some hard headshots.

I've got to take a trip out to New Jersey and see these two guys in person. I don't remember either one of them being at sifu's seminar back in late June.
Thanks Victor. (There's close to 200 students that come to morning, afternoon, and the two evening classes. You might miss a few at a seminar). ;)

Phil

Ultimatewingchun
08-07-2007, 05:48 AM
How long have those two guys been training at Keith Mazza's school there in New Jersey?

YungChun
08-07-2007, 08:16 AM
Congratulations to Joe Marrero and Tim Weber, very nice job..

Phil Redmond
08-08-2007, 06:59 PM
How long have those two guys been training at Keith Mazza's school there in New Jersey?
I met Tim in Wisconsin when I did seminar there few years ago.
He's been coming to the school to spend summers in NJ for the last two years training full time. Joe is a blue sash but I'm not sure how long he's been there. I know he's been there at least a year.
Phil

Phil Redmond
08-08-2007, 07:00 PM
Congratulations to Joe Marrero and Tim Weber, very nice job..
Thank you so much.
Phil

rindge
08-09-2007, 08:29 PM
Phil, homey was dangerous with those elbows. I was wondering if his opponent would ever catch the fact to stay away from those bows. Hats off to the guys.

Also, I watched the clip of your core strength. You are not fooling me!!!!! I saw the wires connected to your waist. I've seen enough kung-fu movie to know wire-fu when I see it...LOL Hope to see you some day again - I am now living in Dallas.

Rindge

Phil Redmond
08-09-2007, 09:30 PM
Phil, homey was dangerous with those elbows. I was wondering if his opponent would ever catch the fact to stay away from those bows. Hats off to the guys.

Also, I watched the clip of your core strength. You are not fooling me!!!!! I saw the wires connected to your waist. I've seen enough kung-fu movie to know wire-fu when I see it...LOL Hope to see you some day again - I am now living in Dallas.

Rindge
Hi Ringe, thx. They trained with elbows and punching combos 6 days a week. You know how many BIG guys think they can do the wheel straight out? Then after they see me do it they keep trying and falling on their faces. Of course I don't laught at them. I just noticed that there was no sound in that clip of me. I was calling out a Marine Corps cadence while I was doing it. Oorah !
Phil