PDA

View Full Version : I wonder what would happen if...................

DaiKaiju
05-24-2001, 02:01 AM
If you eliminated the Wing Chun element from JKD, would it still be able to stand on its own? :eek:

That which does not kill you will only make you stronger, and if does kill you, then you sucked to begin with!!

Gojira
05-24-2001, 02:15 AM
It would collapse like a deck of cards? :p

If you have nothing to do, don't do it here!

Watchman
05-24-2001, 10:07 PM
What Wing Chun element?

JKD as it stands is far removed from the body and fighting structure of Wing Chun.

JKD does not NEED Wing Chun....anymore than I need a progressive indirect attack.

http://www.wckfc.com/masters/man/Sec2-1.GIF

Sunt hic etiam sua praemia laveli
"Here too virtue has its due reward."

Daedalus
05-24-2001, 10:54 PM
I agree with Watchman.

DaiKaiju
05-25-2001, 01:14 AM
Boy are you children going thru a sad case of denial.
QUOTE:"JKD as it stands is far removed from the body and fighting structure of Wing Chun. JKD does not NEED Wing Chun....anymore than I need a progressive indirect attack."

Um isn't Wing Chun the main staple of the JKD system?
Doesn't JKD use theory from the Wing Chug system?
If you disagree from this then you guys really have no clue on what you are doing.

:rolleyes:

That which does not kill you will only make you stronger, and if does kill you, then you sucked to begin with!!

Watchman
05-25-2001, 05:30 AM
>>>Um isn't Wing Chun the main staple of the JKD system?<<<

If it was "as it stands" today (meaning JKD of today as opposed to Jun Fan), then it might actually LOOK like Wing Chun - instead of Thai Boxing with really sloppy poon sau thrown in to make you feel like it may actually have some resembelance to Wing Chun.

>>>Doesn't JKD use theory from the Wing Chug system?<<<

Theory and actual application are two different things. You can't take a scalpel to Wing Chun and still think you have much left over. Just because you throw "straight blasts" and slap a guy's arms (calling it pak sau) doesn't make it Wing Chun. There is an entire body structure that goes along with every technique.

>>>If you disagree from this then you guys really have no clue on what you are doing.<<<

Um, whatever.

Besides, I don't do JKD anyway. :eek: :D

http://www.wckfc.com/masters/man/Sec2-1.GIF

Sunt hic etiam sua praemia laveli
"Here too virtue has its due reward."

Grappling-Insanity
05-25-2001, 05:37 AM
Buddy your the one that doesnt know what there talking about. Every JKD place i've seen is VERY different. And the Wing Chun influence in my JKD is very small. We have a hight PHILIPINO influence then Wing Chun!!:D. Maybe some ppl do there JKD heavily dependent on Wing Chun but for me its hella far away. Geeze some ppl are just hardcore lamers :rolleyes: .

rogue
05-25-2001, 05:51 AM
And the move from WC to FMA is because?...

Adventure is just a romantic name for trouble. It sounds swell when you write about it, but it's hell when you meet it face to face in a dark and lonely place.
Louis L'Amour

UberShaman
05-26-2001, 04:41 AM
Wing chun was just one of Bruce's vehicles to arrive at JKD. Its the destination thats important not the vehicle you choose to get there.

Grappling-Insanity
05-26-2001, 09:01 PM
We just have a more of that kind of atmosphere i guess.. I like it alot more than WC but thats just me.

rogue
05-27-2001, 06:24 AM
I always thought the journey was the important thing.

Adventure is just a romantic name for trouble. It sounds swell when you write about it, but it's hell when you meet it face to face in a dark and lonely place.
Louis L'Amour