socksquatch
07-30-2007, 12:00 PM
And I thought Kobra Kai was bad

http://www.dumpalink.com/web_junk/psycho_kung_fu_teacher-63i2.html

PangQuan
07-30-2007, 12:07 PM
And I thought Kobra Kai was bad

http://www.dumpalink.com/web_junk/psycho_kung_fu_teacher-63i2.html

I always get a kick out of watching that video.

Personally I dont see anything wrong with it, if his students dont like the way he trains they can leave.

I bet he gets results though.

Ben Gash
07-30-2007, 01:10 PM
His results aren't noticeably better than anyone else's. This isn't about getting results from his students, it's about him hurting his students to make himself feel big. That's just wrong.

PangQuan
07-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Whos putting a gun to their heads and making them go?

I dont mean to imply that his results differ from any other method, nor that I personally condone the method he uses, but hey, we do it to ourselves.

msg
07-30-2007, 03:04 PM
i have to agree with ben.gash that teacher needs to be hit back when he does that bull**** ..people like that are easy to drop because there heads are so big there top heavy

Oso
07-30-2007, 03:25 PM
this is old...and isn't it a thai school?

David Jamieson
07-30-2007, 03:27 PM
This is not a kungfu teacher.

PangQuan
07-30-2007, 03:51 PM
this is old...and isn't it a thai school?

i think so ya

The Xia
07-30-2007, 03:58 PM
That's actually Satoru Sayama of Shooto fame.

PangQuan
07-30-2007, 04:13 PM
That's actually Satoru Sayama of Shooto fame.

the xia bustin out wit all da answers!

Mr Punch
07-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Yeah, it's only been posted here since 1983, and you thought the net didn't even exist then... :rolleyes:

BTW, he got phenomenal results, creating a whole new MMA fight league with tremendously hard fighters. Not saying I'm agreeing with his methods, just saying that in this case Ben, you're wrong.

Ben Gash
07-31-2007, 12:43 AM
His students are good, but they're not exceptional, and get beaten by people who weren't savagely beaten by their teacher, this being my point.

The Willow Sword
07-31-2007, 03:23 PM
and has been posted here and commented on before. I said it then and i still say it now, "you dont have to resort to this kind of abuse to create good martial artists and "Fighters". This is just an example of when ego goes so far as to manifest itself in this type of violence and abuse and be channeled onto others. That "Teacher"(if you can truly call him that) is NOT teaching those students anything other than that he is a total sh!thead who has got some serious mental issues. I doubt that ANY of the MMA and UFC or Pride fighters and their teachers ever did any of this in training.

Peace,TWS

Black Jack II
07-31-2007, 03:41 PM
Erik Paulson's Shooto coach, Yuri Nakamura was trained by this cat.

stonecrusher69
07-31-2007, 03:56 PM
That guy should be should be put in jail..If he was in the U.S. he would either be in jail or someone would kill him..I can't see how anyone would think this is acceptable teaching.This man is not a teacher...

xcakid
07-31-2007, 09:22 PM
Old school teaching. But I think he should be prepared to get back what he is getting.

Buk&Hung Sing
08-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Being a punching bag for an ego maniac is ridiculous!:mad: No one can truly develop under duress. The only thing he's doing is training their flight reflex. Maybe he's the master of Oedipus Kung-Fu!!:D

The Xia
08-01-2007, 09:15 PM
the xia bustin out wit all da answers!
Thanks! :)
But one thing I don't know is if this video landed him in hot water with the law. Anyone?

The Xia
08-01-2007, 09:18 PM
I bet he gets results though.
With that kind of treatment, his students can get results in the form of injuries.

PangQuan
08-01-2007, 10:26 PM
Thanks! :)
But one thing I don't know is if this video landed him in hot water with the law. Anyone?

Doubtfull.

people sign on the dotted line. like i said before, its their choice. I am sure that guy has a reputation, and I am sure you know his reputation before you sign. He probably turns out some hard ass guys. Maybe not many, but if you can endure that kind of training and become a fighter....your tough.

Anyone else notice how many students he had? A lot.....