PDA

View Full Version : Forget Bruce Lee.

nickle
05-11-2001, 01:25 PM
forget him, he is dead and gone, he is like the parrot in monty python.

to say "what if bruce..." or "what would bruce..." do is to deny him the very essence or root of what he was trying to do. Jkd is a changing art, he is dead, reject that which is useless. comon...its time all you bruce lee fanatics realised this...

sorry... i know this is going to offend some, but i really had to point it out as it makes the JKD forum incredibly boring and useless.

ciao
nickle.

-specialization is for ants-

handsome
05-11-2001, 06:56 PM
Does this sound like the white folks telling the world to forget black people in South Africa???

rogue
05-12-2001, 04:01 AM
Now there's an apt comparison. My goodness lad, move out of your moms basement and get a life!

Adventure is just a romantic name for trouble. It sounds swell when you write about it, but it's hell when you meet it face to face in a dark and lonely place.
Louis L'Amour

handsome
05-13-2001, 01:40 AM
Rogue--Why are you following me everywhere I go??? ;) Let me tell you and make sure you know that I only date beautiful blonde and blue eyes :D :D :D ;)

Grappling-Insanity
05-13-2001, 06:46 AM
We know he's dead, but does that mean we cant use his quotes ;). I dont really care if he's dead he's still 1 of my heros :p.

handsome
05-14-2001, 07:14 PM
Where is my honey,Rogue??? :D JK

GrapplingInsanity--Just maybe you could do us (Bruce Lee fans) a big favorrrrrrrr, please post our hero, Bruce Lee's photo here before Rogue's another karate chop chop attack... ;)

nickle
05-14-2001, 08:30 PM
sorry i dont see the comparison...strange

anyways, im not saying you shouldnt idolise him (as some of you are obviously doing) or quote him... but i seriously think you people are placing him at the centre of JKD, which in my personal opinion is wrong. since jkd is all about personal opinion anyways.

ciao

-specialization is for ants-

Watchman
05-14-2001, 10:58 PM
http://www.wckfc.com/masters/man/Sec2-1.GIF

Here you go: the REAL big boss. :cool:

handsome
05-15-2001, 01:17 AM
Watchman--NOT UNTIL THE REAL BIG BOSS RETURN, THE ONE AND ONLY*****BRUCE LEE***** ;)

tnwingtsun
05-15-2001, 03:00 AM
That skinny bald headed man threw the "BIG BOSS"
out of his house. :D

He was the flying boss that day.

rogue
05-15-2001, 05:09 AM
Handsome:
Sorry there big fella, but I'm only into women, especially the one I've been married to all these years.

Really, find an apartment, buy a used Miata and try dating a real girl. Move out of that damp basement and live a little. :D

Adventure is just a romantic name for trouble. It sounds swell when you write about it, but it's hell when you meet it face to face in a dark and lonely place.
Louis L'Amour

handsome
05-15-2001, 10:04 PM
Rogue-- I thought you were Madonna... you broke my heart :eek:

To all your JKD and Bruce Lee fans out there, Where is our hero, Bruce Lee's photo ???... and everybody is waiting for the * TRUE * big boss return, please let the world to know,***** BRUCE LEE ***** could never be replaced by anyone, not watchman, not rogue, not Bruce Li, not Bruce Lai, not Jet Li, not Jackie Chan...

rogue
05-16-2001, 04:48 AM
The Real Big Boss of JKD! :D

http://infomercial.tvheaven.com/exercise.gif

Louis L'Amour

handsome
05-16-2001, 06:37 PM
Life is a mystery but everything happens for a reason its just up to us to figure out what that reason is??? ROGUE is everywhere!!! but i dont see any JKD guys and Bruce Lee's fans here to defense our hero Bruce Lee... to teach * Rogue * a lesson... SOS ... Dudes... Bruce Lee will be back ! ;)

Netfist
05-19-2001, 11:46 PM
where is rogue's jumping jack?

hey, rogue lol, are you afraid of bruce lee or handsome? jk, just curious where's your * mr.x * gone? hate to tell ya, man! besides bruce lee, i am also a big fan of you and handsome. lol :D

Netfist

Sum Sing Wong
06-13-2001, 09:12 PM
nickle, something you need to think about before you bad mouth Bruce Lee is there would not be the JKD forum if it wasn't for him so I think everyone should be able to talk about him as often as they please, without having you say it's boring.

BAI HE
06-21-2001, 02:59 PM
Bruce should be respected for his insight, innovation and dedication to his training.
He never stopped thinking, exploring or pushing himself. He is a true inspiration and a worthy role model for any martial artist. The legacy of his JKD concepts, and the message of his life challenge us to defy conventional thinking in both life and art. Blindly accept nothing and to find your own truth. He was a truly relentless and restless spirit. He was never as satisfied with his art or his life for that matter. Are we?
Never stop pushing towards the truth.

Grappling-Insanity
06-23-2001, 10:51 AM
Its not like I worship the fricken guy here. I'm not so uptight I have to fight for Bruce Lee's honour on a internet forum...

Andreas
07-29-2001, 05:59 PM
"That skinny bald headed man threw the "BIG BOSS"
out of his house.
He was the flying boss that day."

And Leung Ting earned so much money with the name Wing Chun, now it's time for him to finally learn it, huh? :-D

Andreas

apoweyn
07-31-2001, 04:58 PM
In fact, forget Thomas Jefferson too! The Constitution of the United States is supposed to be a living document, capable of changing to suit the needs of the people. So forget all this "honouring our forefathers" and all that crap.

It's not important to know where something came from. Better to just take it for granted and assume that little thought faeries left it under our pillow.

Stuart B.

Sharky
08-12-2001, 05:00 AM
ah so the jkd forum *IS* full of stupid kids who beat off over bruce lee, nightly

My anus is superiorâ„¢

apoweyn
08-13-2001, 11:12 PM
Sharky,

You talking to me?

NafAnal
08-14-2001, 12:25 AM
So what if i beat off over Bruce Lee?