PDA

View Full Version : Very Intersting Site

YungChun
08-01-2007, 04:20 AM
Anyone seen this before?

LMAO.. They are even busting on MMA guys over there... What a reversal.

I nominate Terence for membership... :)

http://wingchunfightclub.org/joomla/index.php

t_niehoff
08-01-2007, 05:32 AM
Anyone seen this before?

Thanks, but I'm not a "joiner". ;)

If someone who practices WCK really wants to develop significant fighting skills, increase his performance ability, I think the path has already been laid out for us. We just need to take the blinders off to see it.

First, stop thinking that people who can't do it themselves can tell you or teach you how to do it. It's not a matter of theory or principles or concepts, it is a matter of skills. And if a person doesn't have the fighting skills, they can't teach them to you and certainly can't teach you how to use them for yourself.

Second, if someone claims to have the skills, then ask to see them in action, in fighting at 100% against decent people. If they can't or won't show you, you know they can't do it. Don't buy into theories, talk, chi sao, or demonstrations. Trust only what you can see for yourself in actual 100% fighting. Assume all theory is false, all claims are false, etc. until proved otherwise -- in fighting.

Third, go visit a good MMA school and spar with some of the people there. See for yourself what you can really do or not do, see your performance level, your true skill level. Ask them to critique your performance.

Fourth, stay and train with them -- with some good fighters under the supervision of a good fight trainer. Keep trying to use your WCK and make it work. Think outside the box. Don't be bound to anything but results. Try to figure out how to make your WCK tools/skills work best for you.

YungChun
08-01-2007, 05:37 AM
Not that I'm surprised to see a synopsis of your standard mantra posted here T but what does it have to do with the topic of the site that the thread was about?

And what do you mean you are not a 'joiner'?

There are WCK folks on that site that are ready willing and able to accept challenges.. Looks like Alan and some freinds may already be full members...

Go get 'em tiger!

Nick Forrer
08-01-2007, 06:58 AM
]

What does that mean?

YungChun
08-01-2007, 07:00 AM
What does that mean?
It means...
That instead of MMA folks "bashing" WCK folks the R E V E R S E seems to be taking place on occasion over on that board...

t_niehoff
08-01-2007, 07:06 AM
Not that I'm surprised to see a synopsis of your standard mantra posted here T but what does it have to do with the topic of the site that the thread was about?

My point is that we don't need more forums, particularly one's about WCK and fighting -- WCK is fighting. If we are not talking about fighting, we are not talking about WCK. I think these sorts of divisions that people make, lineage, fighting, etc. are false and only foster the wrong kind of thinking (especially groupthink). Some time ago some people formed a CSL WCK yahoo group and asked me to join, and I said no, because to me there is only WCK and if we want to talk about WCK, forums already exist.

There are WCK folks on that site that are ready willing and able to accept challenges.. Looks like Alan and some freinds may already be full members...

Go get 'em tiger!

See, that is what I mean --"willing and able to accept challenges." The very notion misses the point. Everytime you train is, or at least should be, a challenge. Everytime you train, you fight. Do boxers, wrestlers, MMASists, BJJ people, etc. talk about being "ready and willing to accept challenges"? Fighting/sparring is what they do. This is like saying "our basketball class is ready, willing, and able to play basketball!" Duh.

YungChun
08-01-2007, 07:15 AM
See, that is what I mean --"willing and able to accept challenges." The very notion misses the point. Everytime you train is, or at least should be, a challenge. Everytime you train, you fight. Do boxers, wrestlers, MMASists, BJJ people, etc. talk about being "ready and willing to accept challenges"? Fighting/sparring is what they do. This is like saying "our basketball class is ready, willing, and able to play basketball!" Duh.
I don't think playing basketball is the same as fighting in challenge matches, especially matches that may involve full contact with no equipment, and possibly no or minimal rules--close to "real fighting" where there ARE NO RULES.. In such a match folks can be killed or maimed--see a lot of basketball players getting maimed do you? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Fighters do challenge each other, nothing wrong with that if everyone is a concenting adult, and the whole idea of the site seems to be to actually fight with your WCK which is what you keep talking about.. Moreover there may be video of folks actually fighting with their WCK which would be nice to see, since there isn't much of it to be seen.. But then again, why would you go post somewhere where there aren't a bunch of "milkies" for you to pick on all day long...

I keep wondering if there are a load of folks in jail who are talking about their public defender who didn't do much to help their case and just kept talking about getting back to 'some internet forum' all day long ;) LOL

Nick Forrer
08-01-2007, 07:19 AM
It means...
That instead of MMA folks "bashing" WCK folks the R E V E R S E seems to be taking place on occasion over on that board...

Ok so why does that make you LYAO?

What specifically is there to bash about MMA in your opinion?

YungChun
08-01-2007, 07:20 AM
Ok so why does that make you LYAO?

What specifically is there to bash about MMA in your opinion?
Nothing particularly, its the *change up* that took me by surprise.. the unexpected...the irony of contrast..here vs. there.

Nick Forrer
08-01-2007, 07:36 AM
Nothing particularly, its the *change up* that took me by surprise.. the unexpected...the irony of contrast..here vs. there.

Maybe what some percieve as bashing is just the act of pointing out an unpalatable truth that they dont want to hear. If you hold a false belief, is it *bashing* for someone to tell you that its false - or at the least to point out that the belief in question is untested (i.e. purely theoretical) and that you should go and test it and see for yourself?

t_niehoff
08-01-2007, 07:43 AM
I don't think playing basketball is the same as fighting in challenge matches, especially matches that may involve full contact with no equipment, and possibly no or minimal rules--close to "real fighting" where there ARE NO RULES.. In such a match folks can be killed or maimed--see a lot of basketball players getting maimed do you? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

My point is that people who are training to develop fighting skills, training to be fighters, are (already) fighting -- that's how they develop fighting skills in the first place. Asking them to fight is like asking basketball players to play ball; this is what they do. You don't look at it that way because you are not training like a fighter.

Fighters do challenge each other, nothing wrong with that if everyone is a concenting adult, and the whole idea of the site seems to be to actually fight with your WCK which is what you keep talking about.. Moreover there may be video of folks actually fighting with their WCK which would be nice to see, since there isn't much of it to be seen.. But then again, why would you go post somewhere where there aren't a bunch of "milkies" for you to pick on all day long...

If you aren't fighting yourself, watching videos will be useless to you.

I keep wondering if there are a load of folks in jail who are talking about their public defender who didn't do much to help their case and just kept talking about getting back to 'some internet forum' all day long ;) LOL

I'm not a public defender (though I was many years ago). And why do you care how I spend my time? I'm not commenting on how much time you spend on the forum -- I don't know what you do for a living, how you budget your time, etc. After all, it's no business of mine. Just as it is no business of yours.

YungChun
08-01-2007, 07:43 AM
Maybe what some percieve as bashing is just the act of pointing out an unpalatable truth that they dont want to hear. If you hold a false belief, is it *bashing* for someone to tell you that its false - or at the least to point out that the belief in question is untested (i.e. purely theoretical) and that you should go and test it and see for yourself?
I don't care what "bashing" means to you or why whomever does it does it, or what underlying this or that there is.. or why some folks give a rat's azz... That's best left to psychologists ... I really don't care who bashes what.. It does not change who I am or what I am or what I can or cannot do.. I am never content with what I can do, nor am I bogged down by what I cannot do.. :)

My point was that it's backwards over there, or over here, depending on your prespective... Which, I found amusing...

YungChun
08-01-2007, 07:49 AM
I'm not a public defender (though I was many years ago). And why do you care how I spend my time? I'm not commenting on how much time you spend on the forum -- I don't know what you do for a living, how you budget your time, etc. After all, it's no business of mine. Just as it is no business of yours.
I don't care...

Just joking Terence..Did you miss the wink...

YungChun
08-01-2007, 07:51 AM
If you aren't fighting yourself, watching videos will be useless to you.

I enjoy watching fights... Esp WCK fights since there are so few of them, is that okay with you T?

anerlich
08-01-2007, 04:37 PM

I've heard that being picked last for school team sports all the time will tend to do that to you.

Edmund
08-01-2007, 05:46 PM
Anyone seen this before?

Terence is busy painting a target on his chest for the next "Internet Challenge stupidity".
:D

Seen the site before and commented on how badly done it was. They promised improvements months ago that still haven't been implemented.

YungChun
08-02-2007, 07:47 AM
Terence is busy painting a target on his chest for the next "Internet Challenge stupidity".
:D

Seen the site before and commented on how badly done it was. They promised improvements months ago that still haven't been implemented.
Well it may need improvement..but... At least there is sharing of ideas for training and getting better.. Around here any such discussion is almost immediately trampled by the usual suspects, shut down and replaced with their mantra ad infinitum.

There should be more discussion around here for how to train better, how to improve skill beyond the standard BS speeches. If folks are willing to share ideas or methods of training that works for them they should not have to prove to anyone that they are currently ranked in NHB stats.. People are free to use the information or not... But certain people should not be in the business of shutting down/hi jacking such discussions or otherwise attempting to make those sharing informaiton feel like morons because they are not written up in Who's Who in NHB Today Magazine... :rolleyes: Discuss the ideas not the credibility of the people sharing their ideas..

Edmund
08-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Well it may need improvement..but... At least there is sharing of ideas for training and getting better.. Around here any such discussion is almost immediately trampled by the usual suspects, shut down and replaced with their mantra ad infinitum.

There should be more discussion around here for how to train better, how to improve skill beyond the standard BS speeches.

I'm in agreement on that point.

I do dislike the "Come over to this great site" stuff when the site isn't really great though.