PDA

View Full Version : Couture vs The Rock

MasterKiller
08-01-2007, 08:04 AM
UFCjunkie.com (www.ufcjunkie.com) has learned that UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture is set to star in "The Scorpion King: The Akkadian," a major motion picture from Universal Studios.
The film will be a prequel to the 2002 film "The Scorpion King" starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, which in turn was a prequel to the films "The Mummy" (1999) and "The Mummy Returns" (2001).

"It's my first lead in a feature film," Couture told UFCjunkie.com. "I'm playing the Rock's nemesis, but it's a teenage Rock in this movie. It's a prequel to the others, and I'm the bad warrior king. I leave Oct. 3 for South Africa to begin shooting."

This will be Randy's first starring role and his second feature casting since he recently completed shooting the mixed-martial-arts drama "Red Belt" for director David Mamet. "Red Belt" also stars former "Home Improvement" star Tim Allen, as well as Shooto and PRIDE Fighting Championships veteran Enson Inoue.

Couture, a UFC Hall of Famer, came out of retirement earlier this year to defeat Tim Sylvia for the heavyweight championship. Since the UFC 68 victory, Couture has reemerged as one of MMA's biggest stars.

Couture next fights against Gabriel Gonzaga in the main event of UFC 74. The event takes place Aug. 25 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. The fight card also features a bout between former welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre and top contender Josh Koscheck (the winner of that fight will earn a title shot in early 2008).

AmanuJRY
08-02-2007, 08:48 AM
Randy's the man!:cool:

SevenStar
08-02-2007, 02:13 PM
awesome. However, I didn't know "the scorpion king" was a prequel to "the mummy"...

gwa sow
08-02-2007, 07:24 PM
ya, first one brandon frasier fights the mummy. second brandon frasier fights the mummy, bunch of thousand year old dead things and in the end the scorpion lking is ressurected(as a half scorpion half rock thing) to kill the mummy. they briefly tell the story of the scorpion king in the second. so, the mummy was in the 20's to 40's or so. scorpion king, um.... a little while longer ago.:D

X_plosion
08-03-2007, 04:24 AM
The previous movies in the series were interesting. I hope this one is of the same quality or better.

gwa sow
08-03-2007, 05:57 AM
scorpion king was ok. i enjoyed it. although there were a few moments that were hard to sit through. i believe they were when the rock's character was in the desert camp with the big guy from green mile. a few of there dialogues were pretty bad.

JKDISBEST
08-08-2007, 01:50 PM
I felt as though the Scorpion King was a pretty bad movie. Hopefully a prequel to a horrible prequel won't destroy this series like the first Scorpion King almost did.

John Takeshi
08-18-2007, 09:15 AM
I liked the Sonny Chiba scenes, but the rest were sort of bland.

AmanuJRY
08-18-2007, 09:35 AM
I liked the Sonny Chiba scenes, but the rest were sort of bland.

Sonny Chiba wasn't in The Scorpion King.:confused:

John Takeshi
08-18-2007, 10:03 AM
Then who was that Japanese alchemist who accidentally inflated the baloon and left the mother and daughter (with the map tatooed on her back) stranded in that island fortress?:confused: