PDA

View Full Version : All my power is gone.....

hindoshima
08-01-2007, 09:30 PM
Like the title says, all of my power is gone. I used to be able to punch the bag and itwould go flying. For the past week it doesn't move at all. I don't know what it is. I have been training slow twitch muscle fibers more than I used too. Is that it? I've also been doing chi kung and circle walking. Would that make it weaker?
Also do you have any tips for getting my power back?

Thanks!!!!

bodhitree
08-02-2007, 04:30 AM
for power train fast twitch muscles.

Body mechanics help also, but the primary issue is probably a lack of training power. Do compound lifts with heavy weight and low reps. My .02$

TaichiMantis
08-02-2007, 05:12 AM
Sounds like you are not loose but tight. Mechanics and structure is a big deal in the delivery of power. If you are tight in certain areas, power flow/delivery will suffer. Your body and breathing should be relaxed with the fist tightening on impact. Are you under a lot of stress? If so, it may be manifesting itself through tightness in different areas of your body. Also, I have found that having a desk job tends to wreak havoc on my hip flexors and hamstrings....stifff and tight. I constantly have to undo the damage *sigh*

Go get a good thai massage ;)

boshea
08-02-2007, 10:06 AM
Sounds like you are not loose but tight. Mechanics and structure is a big deal in the delivery of power. If you are tight in certain areas, power flow/delivery will suffer. Your body and breathing should be relaxed with the fist tightening on impact. Are you under a lot of stress? If so, it may be manifesting itself through tightness in different areas of your body. Also, I have found that having a desk job tends to wreak havoc on my hip flexors and hamstrings....stifff and tight. I constantly have to undo the damage *sigh*

Go get a good thai massage ;)

Good advice all around. Also, make sure you are warmed up, and then do some stretching before hitting the bags. It will help you to loosen up, and avoid injury too.

hindoshima
08-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the advice. I'll start working fast twitch again. I have been real tense too. Luckily I know a good massuse( I think I spelled that wrong). :)

Thanks again!

ccsraj
08-02-2007, 03:36 PM
Like the title says, all of my power is gone. I used to be able to punch the bag and itwould go flying. For the past week it doesn't move at all. I don't know what it is. I have been training slow twitch muscle fibers more than I used too. Is that it? I've also been doing chi kung and circle walking. Would that make it weaker?
Also do you have any tips for getting my power back?

Thanks!!!!
Friend consult with doctor first.It might be a harline fracture.