PDA

View Full Version : Paul Vunak

IronFist
05-12-2001, 10:49 AM
Hi,

I was wondering, what is everyone's opinion of Paul Vunak. I recently acquired his wooden dummy video, and he says a few things that I have heard otherwise about.

Namely, he says the dummy can be used to condition the forearms. I know Wing Chunners don't do this, but is JKD different in this resepect?

Bottom line, is he good, or is he just another guy using Bruce and Inosanto's name?

Thanks guys,

Iron

Sean Madigan
05-12-2001, 05:23 PM
Hi,

I am not a member of PFS (Vunak's organization) and I feel that his tapes are very good when it comes to showing an effective way of combat.

His RAT program (Pain-Pressure-Finish) will get the job done quickly, and effectively. And I feel his 'attributes' tapes show you a get way to train.

His tapes on "Jun Fan Kick-boxing" don't have much "Jun Fan Gung Fu" on them, but if you can get past that (which should be easy) you will get a good dose of reality based combat techniques and strategy.

Do I "love" everything on his tapes....No, but if you train in the material on them, you will learn a great system of self-defense...and isn't that what its all about anyway?

All the best,

BIG Sean Madigan

www.bigkd.com (http://www.bigjkd.com)

rogue
05-13-2001, 01:03 AM
Paul is very good at his style of fighting and has done a great job of teaching it and a lot of good work in the past. While he doesn't rock my martial boat any more, I think his past work has always been very good. Vunak has grown into his own guy, with his own fighting style.

The only problem he has IMO, is that after breaking down his system into a bare bones amount of techniques, there ain't much left to write about.

Attn Paul, complicated means more videos! Traditional is a source of unlimited income! :D

Adventure is just a romantic name for trouble. It sounds swell when you write about it, but it's hell when you meet it face to face in a dark and lonely place.
Louis L'Amour