PDA

View Full Version : Barry Bonds, kung fu and steroids

DPL
08-04-2007, 10:07 PM
So Bonds tied Aaron's record today. Has his performance been natural, steroid-enhanced, or based on a super-secret form of power-generating kung fu?

mickey
08-06-2007, 08:01 AM
Greeitngs,

I believe in innocent until proven otherwise. If the man took steroids time will tell when his body starts to break down.

The has been some info about a performance enhancement program involving a product caller "clear." What is unclear about its use in MLB was whether or not the players knew that this was a steroid. Now IF Bonds took this stuff, did he take it knowing it was asteroids or did he take it not knowing it was steroids?

For now, let him enjoy his glory.

Time will tell.

mickey

David Jamieson
08-06-2007, 08:31 AM
Bonds was outed with several others as a steroid user a couple of years back.

Many of these professional athletes are compelled to use chemical enhancement because of the nature of competition an the world they live in.

Hank Aaron was superior because he didn't sue the b.s drugs that the moderns do.

If you have to use drugs, then its not really you accomplishing anything.

it's cheating, it's wrong and that's that.

RD'S Alias - 1A
08-06-2007, 08:37 AM
How do you feel about traditional Kung Fu herbal training formulas? They are essentially performance enhancers that work by fine tuning your body chemistry.

Granted they are more gentile, and not as extreme as powerful steroids, and they lack the health risks steroids have, but they do speed your development, boost your over all athletic abilities, and speed recovery times none the less.

Black Jack II
08-06-2007, 08:47 AM
The herbs your talking about, adaptogens mostly, with the exception of ephedra are so mild in contrast to the effects steriods can have, I don't even think it should be a comparison.

IMHO if you want to see more physical performance then get a good micronized creatine, ammino complex and BCAA supplement program.

Personally I have no problem with consenting adults with a doctors supervison undertaking steriodal compounds but again that's just me.

RD'S Alias - 1A
08-06-2007, 09:37 AM
Maybe mild, but they do have a pronounced effect on athletic performance. especially if you take a mouthful of Bee Pollen with a good training wine.

The effect can be pretty dramatic actually, especially in a formula with just a small amount of Mahuang (Larger amounts seem to have a reverse effect and make you shakie)

RD'S Alias - 1A
08-06-2007, 09:44 AM
IMHO if you want to see more physical performance then get a good micronized creatine, ammino complex and BCAA supplement program.

Reply]
I have done things of this nature in the past and notice an improvement *IF* my diet was crap to begin with, but it's hardly comparable to eating right, a mouth full of Bee pollen before practice & again before bed and a good prepractice training wine.

The training wine I have is so frick'n strong one dose usually lasts for a good 3 days. It is actually the reason I plan my hardest day first, and drop the intensity of my practice over the 3 days so the last is the easiest (Drop setting). This is followed by 2 days off for rest and recovery. It is (in part) how I was able to rebuild my back when the doctors said I would never be able to do this again.

bodhitree
08-06-2007, 09:49 AM
A lot of things supplement training. I think any power athlete should consume creatine and almost all athletes should supplement thier protein. Even a diet can be seen as 'performance enhancing, but steroids go to far, extremely altering the testosterone levels as well as damaging the body (most pro athletes do steroids under the watchful eye of a doctor so other medications can be used to negate these effects).

There are legal testosterone boosters on the market, but do you really want to mess with your bodies natual chemical production?

It's a tricky subject, and certainly athletes that take steroids are still generally hard woring athletes.

As for Barry Bonds, his record should be noticed. He did it in spite of having pitchers trying to walk him. He is a jerk though (which has nothing to do with steroids IMO).

jethro
08-06-2007, 10:11 PM
All i have to say it that I hope Barry Bonds burns in hell. I hope he drops dead on his face after he hits the record homerun. I wish that I could go to a Giants game sometime just to get the satisfaction of booing that POS.

herb ox
08-08-2007, 11:05 AM
obviously you're not a Giant's fan... :D

sanjuro_ronin
08-08-2007, 11:22 AM
I don't think that athletes shoudl be role models at all.
matter of fact, they should get paid the ridiculous amounts of money they do either.

DPL
08-08-2007, 01:11 PM
Role model or not, he's now officially the king. Aaron is #2. End of an era...

jethro
08-08-2007, 01:32 PM
Yeah, and Hank was there to congratulate him. I couldn't believe my eyes. Still doesn't change anything. Barry Bonds is still a POS and after his muscles blow up and he dies on the field, I hope they let Hank come back to play and the players give him homeruns to hit so he passes Bonds. They could set up a batting tee 2 feet away from the homerun wall and let Hank get his record back. That is what i want to see.

jethro
08-08-2007, 09:46 PM
I just saw that the footage I saw last night was a TAPED message from Hank Aaron congratulating Barry Bonds. It was on a news station, so I just have to hope they are right, but man this makes me feel better. :D

yu shan
08-09-2007, 08:02 AM
Did you notice that the commissioner was not in attendance, what does that tell you? Bonds has been an a$$hole is entire career, I`d salute guy, but he has been a jerk to fans and press. He is no role model that is for sure. Hammering Hank is the man, what class.

jethro
08-09-2007, 01:35 PM
Yeah it is kind of a big relief for me to know that Bud Selig and Hank aaron weren't actually there. But of course Barry knows that everybody in the world hates him. I think he likes it like that.

AJM
08-11-2007, 08:17 AM
Given a choice of 756 home runs or Halle Berry, I'd choose Halle Berry. He's a 'tard.

herb ox
08-11-2007, 11:21 AM
It sure is interesting to me how a guy can be the source of all this contention, be both loved as a hero and hated as a villian...

...just because he can hit a ball with a stick better than anyone else?

Beam me up Scotty, there's no signs of intelligent life down here!

:D

ox