PDA

View Full Version : Bak Mei in Boston?

Cat Nap
08-05-2007, 04:10 PM
I'm trying to find a school that teaches White Eyebrow. I've been told there is a school taught by Wayne Chin but I've no idea where to look and he doesn't appear to answer his e-mail at the address I've been given. Anyone have info?

Sic Fan
08-05-2007, 05:15 PM
Hi there,

If I'm not mistaken--and I very well could be--Wayne Chin was affiliated with the Boston Chinese Freemasons Athletic Club. Maybe you could check with them?

Good Luck,

S.F.

Sam
08-05-2007, 06:29 PM
Here is their link. http://www.bostonchinesefreemasons.org/
Give my regards to Donald Wong Sifu

Cat Nap
08-06-2007, 10:59 AM
Thank you people. I really appreciate the info! :D

Sic Fan
08-06-2007, 12:50 PM
Glad to help!:cool:

Shaolin Dude
08-06-2007, 10:49 PM
Isn't the Freemason's school a private school. I heard you need to know people to join

Jim Roselando
08-07-2007, 05:52 AM
Hello,

You may want to visit:

Boston Ultimate Fitness: "BUF"
33 Harrison Ave
Boston (Chinatown)
7th floor

Its Boston's newest Kung Fu/Fitness center. Beautiful huge Loft space. Some of the schools amenities are;

Kung Fu classes: Hung Gar, Yang Taiji, Yi Chuan
Fitness: Free Weights, Cardio Equipment
Equipment: Wooden Dummies, Heavy Bags, Boxing Ring
Meditation Room, Vending Euipment, etc..

Donald Wong Sifu is one of the owners. Larry Wong (not related) is also there. Both are from the Freemason club and know the Bak Mei system but are teaching the Hung Gar and Yi Chuan at this club. It could be worth a trip to speak with them and ask about whats the best way to learn Bak Mei in Boston?

Hope this helps!

:)

jmd161
08-09-2007, 09:33 PM
Hello,

You may want to visit:

Boston Ultimate Fitness: "BUF"
33 Harrison Ave
Boston (Chinatown)
7th floor

Its Boston's newest Kung Fu/Fitness center. Beautiful huge Loft space. Some of the schools amenities are;

Kung Fu classes: Hung Gar, Yang Taiji, Yi Chuan
Fitness: Free Weights, Cardio Equipment
Equipment: Wooden Dummies, Heavy Bags, Boxing Ring
Meditation Room, Vending Euipment, etc..

Donald Wong Sifu is one of the owners. Larry Wong (not related) is also there. Both are from the Freemason club and know the Bak Mei system but are teaching the Hung Gar and Yi Chuan at this club. It could be worth a trip to speak with them and ask about whats the best way to learn Bak Mei in Boston?

Hope this helps!

:)

Didn't they both use to teach over the shop in Chinatown? I can't remember the shops name, but they had the store upstairs with martial arts books, weapons, and training gear. Then next to the store upstairs was the training hall.

I'm sure it's them because of Donald and Larry Wong, and they aren't related like you said. Also Donald Wong also teaches Bak Mei and Fut Gar. Tell Donald that jeff the Black Tiger guy says hello. He'll remember me trying to learn Fut Gar, but he wanted me to learn the Hung Gar first with Fut Gar concepts and principals. He knows his stuff and is not affraid to touch hands and show you his skill.

jeff:)

Shaolin Dude
08-09-2007, 09:38 PM
Didn't they both use to teach over the shop in Chinatown? I can't remember the shops name, but they had the store upstairs with martial arts books, weapons, and training gear. Then next to the store upstairs was the training hall.

I'm sure it's them because of Donald and Larry Wong, and they aren't related like you said. Also Donald Wong also teaches Bak Mei and Fut Gar. Tell Donald that jeff the Black Tiger guy says hello. He'll remember me trying to learn Fut Gar, but he wanted me to learn the Hung Gar first with Fut Gar concepts and principals. He knows his stuff and is not affraid to touch hands and show you his skill.

they moved to a much bigger place

jmd161
08-09-2007, 09:54 PM
they moved to a much bigger place

Ahh ok thanks!

I'll have to look them up while i'm in Boston in a few weeks.