PDA

View Full Version : Why CMA gets a bad name

Mas Judt
08-07-2007, 02:24 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KJr2BdUTYkU&mode=related&search=

Need I say more?

Boy, ten years ago, this tool was a Wing Chun teacher who came to the US to learn from Wai Lun Choi. I had no idea Choi could teach THIS stuff. ;)

Becca
08-07-2007, 02:30 PM
point taken- that was funny, like a munch of kids play acting.:rolleyes:

Black Jack II
08-07-2007, 05:10 PM
That vid makes baby jesus cry.:(

cjurakpt
08-07-2007, 06:41 PM
Wonderous World of Chi Power? more like Wonderful World of Disney...

Nebuchadnezzar
08-07-2007, 07:30 PM
There was no Chinese Martial tea service there much less Martial Art. I know a few Aikidoka who are going to be not happy to see this either.

He stole a couple of movements from Aikido and didn't do that very well either. :eek:

Laukarbo
08-07-2007, 07:31 PM
that gots to be a pi§§ take...come on!:rolleyes:

anerlich
08-07-2007, 07:52 PM
LOL at that pack of hippies.

Only a moron would think that had any basis in reality.

Nebuchadnezzar
08-07-2007, 08:00 PM
LOL at that pack of hippies.

Only a moron would think that had any basis in reality.

Looks like he found a whole mess of them. ;)

Lama Pai Sifu
08-07-2007, 08:14 PM
I hate this sh1t. This is the worst type of fraud in the martial arts. What a load. And I'm sure when you ask him to do it on you, he says "oh no, you are not trained enough to protect yourself from my chi-power. I can only do it on my own students."

gwa sow
08-07-2007, 08:14 PM
omg, wtf. i couldn't watch past 1:50 i was laughing so hard. then i cried because there are morons like this guy out there kiving tcma a bad name.

SBonzak
08-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Always be careful to not drink the kool-aid that is passed to you :D

The Willow Sword
08-07-2007, 08:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFZ4aFFPugI

This was A video response from something that Black Taoist posted on youtube.

Yeah Mas judt, you know how to find the good vids dont ya:cool:

Peace,TWS

TenTigers
08-07-2007, 08:55 PM
somehow, I'm reminded of this...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OMSic0V-Xww&mode=related&search=

Lam Tong Long
08-07-2007, 10:03 PM
It's Peter Yeung again! There was a great thread about him on here years ago. Search maybe. Had other video clips.

He was from my neck of the woods a long time ago but has now gone elsewhere.

mattb
08-07-2007, 10:48 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KJr2BdUTYkU&mode=related&search=

Need I say more?

Boy, ten years ago, this tool was a Wing Chun teacher who came to the US to learn from Wai Lun Choi. I had no idea Choi could teach THIS stuff. ;)
I thought it was a pretty good demonstration.

For not using any wire work, they did a pretty good job. :)

banditshaw
08-07-2007, 11:43 PM
It's Peter Yeung again! There was a great thread about him on here years ago. Search maybe. Had other video clips.

He was from my neck of the woods a long time ago but has now gone elsewhere.

I've seen those vids. A few years back they were the toast of the internet. There was a big thread on the old SFO board.

Hilariously Bad.

TenTigers
08-08-2007, 04:25 AM
there used to be a site from some Tai-Chi school in Chattanooga, where the guy did this, and it was even more comical. Can't seem to find it, but it was hysterical to see these people running backwards,falling ointo a chair, rolling back onto the floor and then up onto their feet and continue running backwards, arms flailing like the were doing the backstroke.
-and paying MONEY.
And here I am, trying to teach real,TCMA...what kind of a putz am I?

cjurakpt
08-08-2007, 05:53 AM
somehow, I'm reminded of this...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OMSic0V-Xww&mode=related&search=

truly one of the finest bits ever produced - it's actually one of my very earliest memories of MPFS, very deeply influenceing on my development as a teenager...which, sadly, probably explains a lot...:( :p

chivalrous hall
08-08-2007, 06:19 AM
this $hit is a joke. no structure whatsoever. "chi" or whatever they wanna call it is intangable. so this is a purely demonic not unlike benny hinn trying to put his filthy little digits on u and take your money...no offence to anyone but the truth hurts, especially when you have given money! ;)

Black Jack II
08-08-2007, 07:55 AM
LOL at the African Bagua guy, is he giving a fun poke at Taoist, actually trying to be serous....because man that guys just rinks of hippy, or is he an arsehole?

Either way that was funny.

EarthDragon
08-08-2007, 07:59 AM
So wait a minute........ you mean this guy isnt for real? I just joined his orginaization about 2 months ago and sent in my 1,000 tuition and planned on starting in september when my kids go back to school.

I had the robe tailored to my size and new chi absorbing sneakers that are required by his holiness to take up some of the shock that is channeled through our bodies when he does his demonstration.... man all these guys on the internet seem so legit how can I differentiate the real from the fakes?

RD'S Alias - 1A
08-08-2007, 08:15 AM
For a small exorbitant fee, I can tell you who is legit or not.

Nebuchadnezzar
08-08-2007, 11:16 AM
So wait a minute........ you mean this guy isnt for real? I just joined his orginaization about 2 months ago and sent in my 1,000 tuition and planned on starting in september when my kids go back to school.

I had the robe tailored to my size and new chi absorbing sneakers that are required by his holiness to take up some of the shock that is channeled through our bodies when he does his demonstration.... man all these guys on the internet seem so legit how can I differentiate the real from the fakes?

Tell me you're joking. :eek:

Yeah, you're joking! :D

You are joking..... right? :o

lkfmdc
08-08-2007, 11:24 AM
now you've gone and done it, you made the baby Jesus cry!

ZenMindT
08-08-2007, 12:13 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!! (whipes tear from eyes) Thanks for that.

Some how I just cann't believe that anyone would expect ANYONE to think that was real. You shure this isn't some joke video made to get exactly the response it's getting?

lkfmdc
08-08-2007, 01:22 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!! (whipes tear from eyes) Thanks for that.

Some how I just cann't believe that anyone would expect ANYONE to think that was real. You shure this isn't some joke video made to get exactly the response it's getting?

I saw a similarly bad and utterly fake demo like this trying to be passed off one year at the annual Chinatown masters' demo, ie in front of tons of people with tons of experience they did this crap, my sifu actually left the building during the demo, it was hideous

SaintSage
08-08-2007, 01:32 PM
Part of me wants to feel bad because this guy is decieving people who may be earnest spiritual seekers (his being called Lama and all)...but then I remembered that to advance spiritualy you have to actually sacrifice. That was no sacrifice, unless what they were sacrificing was their pride. Yeah, I wonder how many "spiritual seekers" are really just looking for some feel good hippie lovin'.

^That's probably written terribly. Sorry, house sitting is making my mind like mush. Yay for Odenton, MD...:rolleyes:

EarthDragon
08-08-2007, 01:33 PM
RD,
I will take you up on that. I 'lll send you your fee via paypal and you send me the list of legtimate teachers in the U.S and China via email....

Nebuch,
you must be new to the board not to have heard of me or tasted my somtimes off beat humor. I go from super tradational serious advice to completly off the wall, depending if i want to be a teacher/educater at the time or a board troll trainer.

lkfmdc
have you hear of shu ming from Beijing? he is a qigong master and taiji teacher of 58 years with a similar demo or qi however the difference is I was there to feel it for myself and obviously without all the acting he is able to transfer qi from the lower dantien that feels like strong magnet that knocked me on my arse.. just wondering

SaintSage
08-08-2007, 01:42 PM
Nebuch,
you must be new to the board not to have heard of me or tasted my somtimes off beat humor. I go from super tradational serious advice to completly off the wall, depending if i want to be a teacher/educater at the time or a board troll trainer.

But then you are still being a teacher. You're teaching us to lighten up every once-in-a-while!

EarthDragon
08-08-2007, 01:51 PM
Saint sage,
true true, you got me there. hence my addy says teacher for life!
cant stop no matter how I try so I figure its the reason I was put here on this earth... havent found a better reason to my exsistence thus far. well besides my fingerpainting masterpieces from kindergarden that are awating skeptical examination of sublte mood influence and movement form andy warhols entourage ....

David Jamieson
08-08-2007, 06:00 PM
meh, just the simple fact that all comments must be approved is indicative of the flawed values of whoever put it up. If you don't want honets replies, don't even put comments on and if your stuff is fake ass like that, then for sure don't allow comments.

oh, and peter is a charlatan no two ways about it.