PDA

View Full Version : Yong Tjun/ Wing Tsun Seminar!!!

Sihing Patrick
08-07-2007, 04:17 PM
Sifu Heinrich Pfaff will be coming from Germany and will be holding two seminars in the United States at the end of August. Sifu Pfaff was formerly the Chief Instructor at Langenzell Castle, HQ of the European Wing Tsun Organization. For more information on dates and locations please visit www.yongtjunconcepts.com and click on the "news" link...thank you. The seminar is open to all martial artists from any system...all are welcome.

Sihing Patrick
08-07-2007, 06:40 PM
here is a clip of him in action for you chunners who don't know him...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5NMwSCR5_rc

jesper
08-08-2007, 02:16 AM
Nice relaxing clip. Reminds me of a movie.

Big Vern
08-08-2007, 02:44 AM
Just checked out website came across the statement below, what an amazing thing to write. MMA is more representative of the natural anatomy of a street fight than anything else available: aggressive striking, controlling the agressive striker and trying to neutralise the aggressive striker by taking them down.
This type of WT orientated propaganda may have been relevant in the 1990's, but has no place in the NHB open minded millenium IMHO.

"Our systems are true "Martial Arts," and are not merely "Martial Sports." We do not teach complicated or unrealistic movements. We do not teach any aspects of MMA, grappling, or Brazilian Jiu Jutsu. These sport fighting arts are NOT PRACTICAL and DON'T work on the street. We, however, teach simple and effective ways to counter these systems".

Regards and good luck.
B.V.

planetwc
08-08-2007, 01:14 PM
Why are they wearing silk bathrobes?
Why does one guy have his bathrobe on underneath his pajamas?

Your teacher probably has skill, given he was the chief instructor at the Castle and all.
But somebody needs to tell him to drop the whole period piece costumes. It looks goofy.

Is there better footage than that, something more realistic looking?

stricker
08-08-2007, 03:02 PM
Just checked out website came across the statement below, what an amazing thing to write. MMA is more representative of the natural anatomy of a street fight than anything else available: aggressive striking, controlling the agressive striker and trying to neutralise the aggressive striker by taking them down.
This type of WT orientated propaganda may have been relevant in the 1990's, but has no place in the NHB open minded millenium IMHO.

"Our systems are true "Martial Arts," and are not merely "Martial Sports." We do not teach complicated or unrealistic movements. We do not teach any aspects of MMA, grappling, or Brazilian Jiu Jutsu. These sport fighting arts are NOT PRACTICAL and DON'T work on the street. We, however, teach simple and effective ways to counter these systems".

Regards and good luck.
B.V.simply astounding :o

yeah b.v. good luck alright!!!!

Sihing Patrick
08-08-2007, 06:20 PM
whatever....i already offered to challenge anyone of the mma style on bullshido.com....now people who are in a wing chun forum are talking crap about wing chun lovely...i don't need luck friend, our system works just fine against mma...but thanks for your interjection...

couch
08-08-2007, 06:36 PM
people who are in a wing chun forum are talking crap about wing chun

Welcome to the fold.

:),
Kenton Sefcik

Mr Punch
08-08-2007, 07:19 PM
Just checked out website came across the statement below, what an amazing thing to write. ...This type of WT orientated propaganda may have been relevant in the 1990's, but has no place in the NHB open minded millenium IMHO.

Regards and good luck.
B.V.Yeah, I read that before too. Actually made me laugh. Halfwits. Clearly delusional and inexperienced in anything.

whatever....i already offered to challenge anyone of the mma style on bullshido.com....now people who are in a wing chun forum are talking crap about wing chun lovely...i don't need luck friend, our system works just fine against mma...but thanks for your interjection...And no, we're talking crap about people talking crap, not about wing chun. BWUHAHAHA, welcome to the forum. Leave your asshat at the door.

Sihing Patrick
08-08-2007, 08:09 PM
i'm more of an action person than a talker...but alas, the keyboard and computer screen makes many of us brave...so go ahead talk crap, because just like the many people on some of the other forums who speak crap no one will come an try out my system...so talk away, waste your time typing, i don't see your websites listed, none of you are even good enough to have a school, probably, and i don't see any training videos of any of you...so fopp...and have a nice day:p

anerlich
08-08-2007, 08:51 PM
i already offered to challenge anyone of the mma style on bullshido.com

Why don't you just enter a local MMA show? After all, if MMA and BJJ are so useless, you should go through them like a hot chainsaw through butter.

Andrew Draheim, ex-WT and JF Springer can both tell you how stupid an idea it is to involve yourself in internet challenges.

now people who are in a wing chun forum are talking crap about wing chun lovely

I think they were more talking crap about the crap you were talking about MMA and BJJ on the website, and about the outrageous fashion crimes documented in the video.

No one here talked crap about WC or WT. Just about the statements on your website, and the weird clothes in the vid.

Talking your art up by putting others down doesn't work any more. Indicates false bravado based on fear of the unknown. I wouldn't go to a seminar with someone who said that because they are demonstrably ignorant and arrogant.

The local WT school here recently published an article in an MA mag here about one of the European WT instructors who cross-trained in wrestling coming out to WT HQ here to teach them wrestling, so basically not all your WT peers agree with you, presumably because they are smarter.

i don't see your websites listed, none of you are even good enough to have a school, probably, and i don't see any training videos of any of you.

My academy's website is in my sig. There's a vid or two on there as well.

That was a nice demo, and he appears to have fast hands. Doesn't say anything either way as to whether he can actually fight. And I know they do things different in Europe, but that see-thru patterned bathrobe thing is just weird.

Knifefighter
08-08-2007, 10:58 PM

Do you have anything that is really "in action"?
Like maybe something against a resisting opponent?

Knifefighter
08-09-2007, 12:05 AM

Let's see... these sport fighting styles provide you with a base in punching, kicking, mobility, applying and escaping joint locks and chokes, escaping bad positions, using and countering takedowns and throws, as well as developing your conditioning.

Can you please explain how these things are not practical or useful on the street?

jesper
08-09-2007, 01:52 AM
Can you please explain how these things are not practical or useful on the street?

Where are your eyejabs huh :D.
I tell you without eyejabs you cant fight in the street;)

YungChun
08-09-2007, 05:40 AM
i'm more of an action person than a talker

So, show us the action...

Clearly with all the *action* you've seen there must be video of you <or anyone in Wing Chun> schooling some tough MMA folks, no?

but alas, the keyboard and computer screen makes many of us brave...

Indeed it does.. So please show us that you are for real and post a video of you whacking some quality MMA folks..

See, there's not a lot of video out there of folks doing any kind of Wing Chun whooping butt on MMA folks.. So most folks tend to be skeptical; Please lead the way and show us even one clip...

so go ahead talk crap, because just like the many people on some of the other forums who speak crap no one will come an try out my system...

Please let us know exactly how we should go about "trying out your system".. Did you invent this system? Please tell us exactly how and when it was proven against MMA or anyone for that matter..

This forum is about Wing Chun Kung Fu, not creative writing/thinking.. If you have proof of your claims then post, otherwise prepare to be barbequed on this forum for making such outrageous and unsupported claims.

Sihing Patrick
08-09-2007, 09:00 AM
so mr. hawkins, are you a quality mma person...can we practice, but without rules, without gear....i'm into realistic training....people see a drill in action an think that comprises the whole art...actually we do train against clinch and grappling...i wrestled for six years in the junior olympics and when in the army...so i don't discount that people are stupid enough to try to wrestle in a parking lot on concrete, i'm not putting down arts, either...by saying that wrestling on the street is not practical is not a put down, it's my opinion, because i have done it before, not in a ring, but on the streets as a cop...our school focuses on traditional concepts, however we use many different moves from many arts focusing on the most efficient ones and applying wing tsun principles to them...i do, however, see your frustration coming from the moy vat system....ving tsun lets quible over lineages.....as for the demonstration, that's all it was...a demonstration, a reenactment of one of Leung Jan's fights....that's what is with the robes...and trying to get into an mma event in san antonio isn't that easy, especially if you're not affiliated with a bjj school....so for the record i've tried and i will continue to try to test my skills, that's why i offer people who **** talk in these posts the opportunity to come and "school" me in bjj....my gripe per say is not with mixed martial arts, it's more with bjj, as i believe that regular wrestling can beat it...again my opinion....look at sakuraba, matt hughes....just wrestlers, but destroy bjj people...at any rate this forum is for people who want to come attend a seminar...not quible about my website....

Knifefighter
08-09-2007, 09:13 AM
so mr. hawkins, are you a quality mma person...can we practice, but without rules, without gear....i'm into realistic training....people see a drill in action an think that comprises the whole art...actually we do train against clinch and grappling...i wrestled for six years in the junior olympics and when in the army...so i don't discount that people are stupid enough to try to wrestle in a parking lot on concrete, i'm not putting down arts, either...by saying that wrestling on the street is not practical is not a put down, it's my opinion, because i have done it before, not in a ring, but on the streets as a cop...our school focuses on traditional concepts, however we use many different moves from many arts focusing on the most efficient ones and applying wing tsun principles to them...i do, however, see your frustration coming from the moy vat system....ving tsun lets quible over lineages.....as for the demonstration, that's all it was...a demonstration, a reenactment of one of Leung Jan's fights....that's what is with the robes...and trying to get into an mma event in san antonio isn't that easy, especially if you're not affiliated with a bjj school....so for the record i've tried and i will continue to try to test my skills, that's why i offer people who **** talk in these posts the opportunity to come and "school" me in bjj....my gripe per say is not with mixed martial arts, it's more with bjj, as i believe that regular wrestling can beat it...again my opinion....look at sakuraba, matt hughes....just wrestlers, but destroy bjj people...at any rate this forum is for people who want to come attend a seminar...not quible about my website....

You can always tell the folks to are full of sh!t and have never grappled a day in their lives because they always say the same clueless variation on the same theme- "you never want to grapple on concrete where there are broken bottles, used syringes, and land mines laying all over the place".

Anyone who has a grappling background and has actually used it in the street knows that it is the guy who doesn't know how to grapple who gets schooled on the pavement.

BTW, since you are such an "action man", there must be several videos of you schooling MMA/BJJ people. Why don't you post one?

Dan_chi_sau
08-09-2007, 09:46 AM
''....as for the demonstration, that's all it was...a demonstration, a reenactment of one of Leung Jan's fights....that's what is with the robes...''

aw, bless. A re-enactment of one of leung jan's fights. How did you come to that one, but then i suppose you've got 'that' on video too.
In fact, I'm intrigued here. How did your guys learn to re-enact fights that happened decades ago, seeing as wing chun history is so well documented....
And another thing, you've done your wrestling 'as a cop, on the street'. Thats not how the police operate in the uk. Usually our coppers hugely outnumber you and make you the bottom of a man pile in a second flat (or set dogs on you, hit you with sticks/tasers etc). I never realised that you could 'challenge match' your way out of an arrest in the u.s.

YungChun
08-09-2007, 10:59 AM
Your outrageous claims demand outrageous proof, you offer none of the latter. The only clips on your site are of patty cake and silk robes.. Where's all that ACTION?

so mr. hawkins, are you a quality mma person...

Nope, but they aren't hard to find...

can we practice, but without rules, without gear....i'm into realistic training....

Right... Totally REAL, got it... Only fights to the death...Got it...! :rolleyes: Lot's and lots of dead bodies all around the place I guess.. :rolleyes::p

people see a drill in action an think that comprises the whole art...

No, when people see a BS drill they think that comprises the whole art.

i'm not putting down arts, either...by saying that wrestling on the street is not practical is not a put down, it's my opinion, because i have done it before, not in a ring, but on the streets as a cop...

I am not in favor of ground work in the street.. Problem is when you go down you need to be familiar with ground tactics.. Those who don't will be in trouble if faced with same.

.i do, however, see your frustration coming from the moy vat system....

I consider myself very fortunate to have called Moy Yat my Sifu, and to have worked with some of his best students, thanks.. Never having been to his school I can understand your confusion..

Knifefighter
08-09-2007, 11:27 AM

Patrick-
I noticed that after I pointed out the things that are learned in MMA and BJJ and asked you why you thought they didn't work on the street, that you changed what you had written on your website to exclude your previous statements regarding their lack of worth.

Did you do this because you realized, after I had pointed out the various benefits of MMA and BJJ, that making that kind of statement was pretty stupid?

Or were you afraid that a BJJ/MMA practitioner might show up at your school and prove you wrong?

YungChun
08-09-2007, 11:32 AM
Did you do this because you realized, after I had pointed out the various benefits of MMA and BJJ, that making that kind of statement was pretty stupid?

Or were you afraid that a BJJ/MMA practitioner might show up at your school and prove you wrong?
LMAO.. He took action!

See this forum IS good for something....

anerlich
08-09-2007, 03:27 PM
LOL at it being hard to pick up an MMA fight anywhere. Most orgs want to see you do it at least on vid so they can match you up with someone of your appropriate skill level, but it can't be that hard (assuming you actually have skill in more than mouth boxing). My academy doesn't have much trouble getting MMA matches.

If you hadn't put those stupid put-downs (and that's what they were however you twist the words) on your website your reception would have been rather more polite. At least you seem to have finally realised that.

And if that was a reenactment of one of Leung Jan's fights (against whom?) how come the other dude kept getting up? Isn't what you do the deadliest style on the planet? How come the fight lasted more than two seconds?

Sihing Patrick
08-10-2007, 03:57 PM
then why don't you guys come show me....i've already had mma guys threaten to come to my school, notice i said threaten....but alas, no one comes....so you three guys are soooo....bad ass...please then i'm asking politely, come and school me...show me how weak i am, none of you are man enough....seriously, please, i beg you come....teach me the way....i need to learn....you three are so wise and combat experienced...please teach me....pathetic losers...none of you will....as usual

anerlich
08-10-2007, 04:37 PM
then why don't you guys come show me

1. You're the one making the unsubstantiated claims (now removed, thankfully). Onus of proof is on you.

2. I'm in Australia.

3. I don't care whether you stay deluded or wise up. It doesn't affect me either way.

Sihing Patrick
08-10-2007, 05:45 PM
1. You're the one making the unsubstantiated claims (now removed, thankfully). Onus of proof is on you.

2. I'm in Australia.

3. I don't care whether you stay deluded or wise up. It doesn't affect me either way.

All convenient and very easy ways to not engage in a fight....I'm sure the other two will have similar responses of convenient reasons why they cannot come and kick my ass.

Liddel
08-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Yeah Andrew living down here in the southern hemisphere is just a lame excuse to not fight...

I mean doesnt your school invest part of your training fees into a "International challenge fund" for instances like this ?

I know mine does.... :o

WTF ?
DREW

Matrix
08-10-2007, 08:23 PM
I mean doesnt your school invest part of your training fees into a "International challenge fund" for instances like this ?

I know mine does.... :o
DREW,
If your school has such a fund, can I challenge you and be flown to NZ for the match?
You can beat the cr@p out of me for a free trip to your beautiful country. :cool:

Cheers,
Bill

Knifefighter
08-10-2007, 08:40 PM
then why don't you guys come show me....i've already had mma guys threaten to come to my school, notice i said threaten....but alas, no one comes....so you three guys are soooo....bad ass...please then i'm asking politely, come and school me...show me how weak i am, none of you are man enough....seriously, please, i beg you come....teach me the way....i need to learn....you three are so wise and combat experienced...please teach me....pathetic losers...none of you will....as usual

Yeah... we're all up for racing out and investing in a plane ticket to fly out to your Godforsaken school in Texas just so that we can show you that you are full of sh!t. We're going to waste our time, effort and money just so you can punk out (after all you have already punked out and taken the offending statements off your site... not to mention removing the hilarious pictures of your lardass doing those dance poses).

I think only the dufusses at Bullshido are up for wasting that amount of time, money and effort on something that stupid.

Oh, and by the way... you might want to take a marketing course/public relations course or two. P!ssing off MMA people, who couldn't give a sh!t less for your seminar is one thing. Coming on to a WC board and antagonizing the very WC practitioners (excluding myself, of course) who might have an interest in the seminar you are attempting to promote shows an incredible lack of business sense on your part.

anerlich
08-10-2007, 09:18 PM
i'm asking politely

Jeez, what are you like when you're TRYING to be rude, I wonder ...

All convenient and very easy ways to not engage in a fight

You left out "sensible" ... though I can understand, since I'm sure that's a word you seldom hear in the circles you frequent.

Sure, like I'm going to fly halfway around the world to engage in an illegal fight with a cop who posted stupid crap on his website. You're the one who has something to prove, not me.

Look at the "epic of internet challenge stupidity" thread (with 2 videos!) in the main forum and see into what an abyss of stupidity you teeter on the edge of.

And KF's right about your "sales strategy" - belligerent paranoids, who have to put others down to feel good, attract the clientele they deserve. Thankfully, there are never enough of these for a school to survive for long.

Knifefighter
08-10-2007, 09:21 PM
Your outrageous claims demand outrageous proof, you offer none of the latter. The only clips on your site are of patty cake and silk robes.. Where's all that ACTION?
Nope, but they aren't hard to find...
Right... Totally REAL, got it... Only fights to the death...Got it...! :rolleyes: Lot's and lots of dead bodies all around the place I guess.. :rolleyes::p
No, when people see a BS drill they think that comprises the whole art.
I am not in favor of ground work in the street.. Problem is when you go down you need to be familiar with ground tactics.. Those who don't will be in trouble if faced with same..

Hey... wait a minute!

Terence, have you killed YungChun and taken over his account?

YungChun
08-11-2007, 07:56 AM
Dale: I think many of us agree with the thrust of T's position...The devil is in the details.. :)