PDA

View Full Version : Just got cursed.

xcakid
08-07-2007, 06:43 PM
After saying I will never teach again. I was dubbed official asst. instructor. Guess never say never.

No more being a goofball. No more dogging it in class when I don't feel like being there, or tired. No more sitting in the back hoping not to be seen so I can do my mah bu stance shallow during stance training.

I actually have to try hard now and be an example.

Good thing is, I get to teach the kids class so I can put those guys through the ringer, hehehehe. Hopefully, I can jump in on the beginners class too. I have a ton of "conditioning" ideas for them. :D

NJM
08-07-2007, 06:48 PM
After saying I will never teach again. I was dubbed official asst. instructor. Guess never say never.

No more being a goofball. No more dogging it in class when I don't feel like being there, or tired. No more sitting in the back hoping not to be seen so I can do my mah bu stance shallow during stance training.

I actually have to try hard now and be an example.

Good thing is, I get to teach the kids class so I can put those guys through the ringer, hehehehe. Hopefully, I can jump in on the beginners class too. I have a ton of "conditioning" ideas for them. :D

3/7/11 those little kids into oblivion.

ammocase
08-10-2007, 06:36 AM
You cut corners in your training... an now your sifu wants you to train others? Good stuff right there...

xcakid
08-10-2007, 08:41 AM
You cut corners in your training... an now your sifu wants you to train others? Good stuff right there...

Cut corners? :confused: ehhh?

You may be referring to some of my old post regarding being frustrated with going back to basics. I do get frustrated and would sometimes veer off work on material from my previous training. I never cut corners. Added a distraction maybe to break things up, but I kept at it. Also my Sifu help me work my basics a different way to make it a bit more challenging.

I did progress a lot faster than the rest of the class since I had previous training. So I grasp concepts, application and movements a lot faster. I would hardly call that cutting corners.

If all else its getting me back to the level I was at before so that I am picking up where I left off. No. Long Fist is really not that far off from the previous styles I have taken like Ying Jow Pai or 5 animal Si Lum. Matter of fact there is a defense blocking secquence we do that is so similar to what I had learned from previous style. There are also a ton of similarities in applications of forms and the forms itself. Ying Jow Pai had Gung Lek Kuen and its called Gung Li Chuan in LF. A few of the strikes are different and its application of course. But it like speaking English and the difference being is having a southern accent vs. a northern Boston accent along with their local slang terms.

bodhitree
08-10-2007, 09:02 AM

way to be a bringdown, ass.

xcakid

congrats on the recognition.

John Takeshi
08-11-2007, 06:24 AM
XCAKid, do you have a Master's Degree?

You have progressed quickly. This speaks well of your talent. Takeshi Ninjitsu Squadron is in need of a small, powerful Filipino for some missions here and in Baja. PM me with your details.

PS, make sure you include a copy of your Master's, your SS Card, and a major credit card.

John Takeshi,
The Merciful, the Compassionate