PDA

View Full Version : Best form of Martial Arts....

JKDISBEST
08-08-2007, 10:49 AM
Does any have an opinion on what is the best form of Martial Arts? Mine would have to be Jeet Kune Do.

sanjuro_ronin
08-08-2007, 11:01 AM
Ethiopian Sumo.

lkfmdc
08-08-2007, 11:11 AM
Dai Wong Pai, founded in Hu Fung Dung province by Sum Ting Wong

DPL
08-08-2007, 11:17 AM
This one.

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47520

JKDISBEST
08-08-2007, 11:31 AM
I forgot. I meant for it to be your favorite and why. That was my bad.

SaintSage
08-08-2007, 12:25 PM
Did you even see the grasshopper at your feet?

jdhowland
08-08-2007, 12:45 PM
Dai Wong Pai, founded in Hu Fung Dung province by Sum Ting Wong

Hah! I love it.

lkfmdc
08-08-2007, 01:13 PM
Did you even see the grasshopper at your feet?

I wasn't paying attention, so I stepped on him, so then I just took some green construction paper and made a fake grasshopper, but sifu caught me and beat me with a stick, then he sent me to the pet shop to find another grasshopper, and on my way there, that's when I cross the lion dance team, actually, I took a **** on the lion, but I didn't mean to, I was ****ing against the wall and they bumped into me, totally THEIR FAULT, but they didn't see it that way, that's when the riot broke out, but fortunately, another lion team came by and thought the riot was disrespectful to them so they attacked the first team, so I got away, but then I was a little hungry, so I went to silver palace for tea, but the ha gow were sold out and that got me depressed, so then I went home, forgot about the grasshopper and sifu got really made the next day

SaintSage
08-08-2007, 01:24 PM
I wasn't paying attention, so I stepped on him, so then I just took some green construction paper and made a fake grasshopper, but sifu caught me and beat me with a stick, then he sent me to the pet shop to find another grasshopper, and on my way there, that's when I cross the lion dance team, actually, I took a **** on the lion, but I didn't mean to, I was ****ing against the wall and they bumped into me, totally THEIR FAULT, but they didn't see it that way, that's when the riot broke out, but fortunately, another lion team came by and thought the riot was disrespectful to them so they attacked the first team, so I got away, but then I was a little hungry, so I went to silver palace for tea, but the ha gow were sold out and that got me depressed, so then I went home, forgot about the grasshopper and sifu got really made the next day

Your sifu was a member of the Hung? Did he teach you the Shaolin Wooden-Man hall and the Hung step?

lkfmdc
08-08-2007, 01:33 PM
hung? yeah, we're all really hung ;)

SaintSage
08-08-2007, 01:40 PM
hung? yeah, we're all really hung ;)

Parry, repose...:p:D

EarthDragon
08-08-2007, 01:45 PM
lkfmdc,
you mentioned master Pai......was Dai Wong Pai the brother of Won Hung Lo? I seem to rememeber hearing about him from Sum Young Boi.

He is from I beleive that same county and province in China the problem with the province of sum ting wong is that they people that live there cant get anything wight!

lkfmdc
08-08-2007, 01:56 PM
No one associates with Won Hung Lo anymore since he was caught late at night with Sum Young Boi. He said it really was Nga Ting Wong but no one believed him

Ming Yue
08-08-2007, 03:31 PM
Gee. This topic never comes up. I'm so glad I stopped by. :rolleyes:

DPL
08-08-2007, 05:30 PM
Dude, love your sig. I remember playing that game on my brother's old TRS-80 back in the day but I can't remember the name of it. Adventure? Was it just Adventure or something else? At the time it was awesome...

zippo_88
08-08-2007, 05:49 PM
Does any have an opinion on what is the best form of Martial Arts? Mine would have to be Jeet Kune Do.

There is no best martial art. I myself follow the CONCEPT of Jeet Kune Do. I stress the word concept because that's what it is, it is not a style. Jeet Kune Do is a pholosophy for life in gneral and one that can be applied to martial arts. It is to be open, to flow like water, have no restrictions, never trap yourself. To develop your Jeet Kune Do in martial arts one must first have training in some sort of style in order to learn what it means to punch, block, kick, etc. The ideal style to be trained in is the one developed by Bruce Lee himself, Jun Fan Gung Fu, but it is not absolutely neccessary. Once you have reached a proficient level in your chosen style you may begin to strip away what does not fit your personality and incorporate differente things into your training, from other styles, from anything in life really. Be fluid, be open, have no restrictions, this is the true essence of Jeet Kune Do. The person with the best style is the one who has risen above styles. As Bruce Lee himself said, "Have no limitation as limitation, Use no way as way." and "Be water my friend."

David Jamieson
08-08-2007, 05:57 PM
glock fu = best style, beats all empty hand and classical weapons, even beats all mt, bjj, wrestling, boxing karate, kungfu and even blunt weapons.

glock fu will do you!

the best!

yay!

Ming Yue
08-08-2007, 06:59 PM
It was Zork.

Yea back when I was a kid them computer games didn't have no fancy graphics. All we needed was a lantern and proper syntax.

Go North

Use rusty key on wooden door.

SPJ
08-08-2007, 07:01 PM
the best form is no form/no limits.

whatever works the best for you is the best form for you.

--

there are 7 colors in the rainbow.

which color is the best?

--

:D

Laukarbo
08-08-2007, 07:37 PM
I have to say the sentence "be water my friend" gives me shivers..and not in a positive way...
:mad:

DPL
08-09-2007, 06:54 AM
It was Zork.

Yea back when I was a kid them computer games didn't have no fancy graphics. All we needed was a lantern and proper syntax.

Go North

Use rusty key on wooden door.

Ah, yes - Zork. That's not the one I was thinking of, though, but I played it too. Colossal Cave Adventure was the one I was thinking of. If you look up Zork on Wikipedia it references Colossal Cave as well.

"You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike."

sanjuro_ronin
08-09-2007, 07:14 AM
glock fu = best style, beats all empty hand and classical weapons, even beats all mt, bjj, wrestling, boxing karate, kungfu and even blunt weapons.

glock fu will do you!

the best!

yay!

I prefer my HK-Jutsu, its lineage is better than yours !

lkfmdc
08-09-2007, 07:20 AM
Ay Kei Sae Sahp Chat, best kung fu

Ming Yue
08-09-2007, 07:21 AM
I seem to remember a text only game called Wizardry, too... or something like that.

Zork was the Hitchhiker's Guide of text games. Very funny. :)

bodhitree
08-09-2007, 07:22 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KJr2BdUTY...elated&search=

whatever art this guy's doing is the best imo.

lkfmdc
08-09-2007, 07:30 AM
this is an amazing forms demonstration

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OLLzCsOAeAg

David Jamieson
08-09-2007, 07:36 AM
Ay Kei Sae Sahp Chat, best kung fu

it's antiquated and in need of revitilization actually.

the inventor peddles vodka now because he knows that his time has passed. :p

htowndragon
08-09-2007, 08:59 AM
i thought sum ting wong was dead? didn't chin tu fat and his boys call a hit on him a while back? that guy still alive?

TenTigers
08-09-2007, 10:24 AM
"There is no best martial art. I myself follow the CONCEPT of Jeet Kune Do."

JKD is simply Bruce's way of re-naming what ALL Kung-Fu people know as "Mo-Wai"-spontaneous response derived from training

"To develop your Jeet Kune Do in martial arts one must first have training in some sort of style in order to learn what it means to punch, block, kick, etc."

This is called having a firm foundation in the basics.

"The ideal style to be trained in is the one developed by Bruce Lee himself, Jun Fan Gung Fu, but it is not absolutely neccessary. Once you have reached a proficient level in your chosen style you may begin to strip away what does not fit your personality and incorporate differente things into your training, from other styles,"

This is known as developing attributes, or skill sets, tools

from anything in life really. Be fluid, be open, have no restrictions, this is the true essence of Jeet Kune Do. The person with the best style is the one who has risen above styles. As Bruce Lee himself said, "Have no limitation as limitation, Use no way as way." and "Be water my friend."

No way=Mo-Wai

Bruce Lee didn't discover, create,or develop anything new. He simply put these well-known concepts into something people who did not study the classics could grasp. If he were around today, Tao Of Jeet Kune Do would be on the bookshelves right along with the rest of the "______ for Dummies" books.

Lucas
08-09-2007, 10:38 AM
"There is no best martial art. I myself follow the CONCEPT of Jeet Kune Do."

JKD is simply Bruce's way of re-naming what ALL Kung-Fu people know as "Mo-Wai"-spontaneous response derived from training

Freaking A, bout time someone else started saying this...

EarthDragon
08-09-2007, 12:10 PM
David J,
I love glock fu, ranks right up there with Ching Chang and Run Can do.

lkfmdc, wow
I cant beleive he was caught with Sum Young Boi. I thought they seemd gay when they introduced me to that flamer Tu Can Chu but what the hell do I know I live all the way up in Caan Sei Sh it.

htowndragon
i know that chin tu faat DID have a price on his head but the contract was given to Run Wong Wei who could never seem to find him no matter where he looked.

Thats always the case with those Wong's.......... that cant do anything Wight!

htowndragon
08-09-2007, 12:19 PM
oh ****, then i guess he got lucky then!

lkfmdc
08-09-2007, 12:35 PM
i thought sum ting wong was dead? didn't chin tu fat and his boys call a hit on him a while back? that guy still alive?

After his run in with Chin Tu Fat's enforcers, known as the Sahp Bat Lo Faan, he survived but changed his name to Lei Lo

SevenStar
08-09-2007, 02:32 PM
Dude, love your sig. I remember playing that game on my brother's old TRS-80 back in the day but I can't remember the name of it. Adventure? Was it just Adventure or something else? At the time it was awesome...

Zork. But the game you are thinking of is "adventure quest". it was part of the "jewels of darkness" trilogy. I still have that trilogy.

Ming Yue
08-09-2007, 02:38 PM
I knew you'd know. :p

Was there one called "Wizardry?" I also vaguely remember one about a haunted mansion... ring any bells?

golden arhat
08-09-2007, 02:47 PM
I prefer my HK-Jutsu, its lineage is better than yours !

my thermo nuclear fu beats
all

only our true oppenheimer lineage is the right one

not like those concept based einstein fa g's :p

SevenStar
08-09-2007, 02:49 PM
I seem to remember a text only game called Wizardry, too... or something like that.

Zork was the Hitchhiker's Guide of text games. Very funny. :)

I never played a text version of wizardry, but that doesn't mean there wasn't one. Every version I played had graphics, but I may not have started playing till like wizardry III.

Ever play master of evil?

I used to love the old sierra games, in particular, leisure suit larry, king's quest and quest for glory (heroe's quest). the police quest series was really good, too.

Ming Yue
08-09-2007, 02:49 PM
pffft. :rolleyes:

My ****roach fu beats your thermonuclear fu anyday. Besides, my system is hundreds of millions of years old.

Ming Yue
08-09-2007, 02:51 PM
I was a big Monkey Island fan. Loved those games! Was that Sierra?

SevenStar
08-09-2007, 02:53 PM
I knew you'd know. :p

Was there one called "Wizardry?" I also vaguely remember one about a haunted mansion... ring any bells?

a haunted mansion... that may have been the sierra game "the colonel's bequest" - another good sierra game. Was it about a group of people who were called to this mansion, and one by one, people started coming up missing?

SevenStar
08-09-2007, 02:54 PM
I was a big Monkey Island fan. Loved those games! Was that Sierra?

LucasFilm games.

golden arhat
08-09-2007, 02:58 PM
pffft. :rolleyes:

My ****roach fu beats your thermonuclear fu anyday. Besides, my system is hundreds of millions of years old.

well as they say

if at first u dont succeed

try

try
again

and use bigger bombs

SevenStar
08-09-2007, 03:03 PM
I can talk about this all day... remember "broken sword"? I hear they are making a movie out of that series.

SevenStar
08-09-2007, 03:05 PM
Wait... the haunted mansion game may be maniac mansion...that was another one that I really liked. that was moreso about aliens though...

Ming Yue
08-09-2007, 03:06 PM
I do remember broken sword, but just barely.

I recently ordered a graphical version of Zork - came out quite some time ago but got pretty good reviews. Looking forward to playing it.

SPJ
08-09-2007, 07:08 PM
my thermo nuclear fu beats
all

only our true oppenheimer lineage is the right one

not like those concept based einstein fa g's :p

yes, like so many forms or styles. there are the grandiose ones.

and then there are many and many more other "cheaper" versions or "easier" forms or look alike.

--

there are many and many copy cats. cheaper versions of the bomb.

or so called poor man's A-bombs etc.

--

:D

DPL
08-09-2007, 07:45 PM
I never played a text version of wizardry, but that doesn't mean there wasn't one. Every version I played had graphics, but I may not have started playing till like wizardry III.

Ever play master of evil?

I used to love the old sierra games, in particular, leisure suit larry, king's quest and quest for glory (heroe's quest). the police quest series was really good, too.

Man, I'd completely forgotten about King's Quest. That was a good one. Played Leisure Suit Larry a little bit, and Monkey Island was excellent too.

Then of course came the D&D Pools of Radiance, and the early Ultima stuff.

I vaguely remember something about a Haunted Mansion also.

Here's a question for you - one of the very first adventure games with graphics was about the hero exploring a dungeon that was essentially a big rectangle with lots of rooms off the main corridor, and the graphic for the hero looked like a really big version of this: :-

By any strange twist of fate do either of you remember a game like that? I thought it was the best thing ever when it came out.

SevenStar
08-10-2007, 08:45 AM
Man, I'd completely forgotten about King's Quest. That was a good one. Played Leisure Suit Larry a little bit, and Monkey Island was excellent too.

Then of course came the D&D Pools of Radiance, and the early Ultima stuff.

I vaguely remember something about a Haunted Mansion also.

Here's a question for you - one of the very first adventure games with graphics was about the hero exploring a dungeon that was essentially a big rectangle with lots of rooms off the main corridor, and the graphic for the hero looked like a really big version of this: :-

By any strange twist of fate do either of you remember a game like that? I thought it was the best thing ever when it came out.

Atari had a game like that (I have it) called Venture. You were a big ass smiley face, and it I remember right, his name was winky. I didn't know they had it on the pc though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaVxr8Mt6og

it's not very clear, but if this is the game, you will know it.

Or, maybe it was rogue?
http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/rogue-the-adventure-game/screenshots

DPL
08-10-2007, 10:37 AM
Atari had a game like that (I have it) called Venture. You were a big ass smiley face, and it I remember right, his name was winky. I didn't know they had it on the pc though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaVxr8Mt6og

it's not very clear, but if this is the game, you will know it.

Or, maybe it was rogue?
http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/rogue-the-adventure-game/screenshots

Thanks but nope, those aren't it. The graphics were even more basic than rogue.

Wish I could remember more about it but it's been way too many years.