PDA

View Full Version : Training

JCAT
08-08-2007, 06:17 PM
Been Doing Martial Arts For Almost A Year Now, 4 Days A Week For An Hour Each Day. Fixing To Test For Green Sash In Shaolin Kung Fu. My Problem Is That I Have Still Not Lost Any Weight And No Inches Around My Waist. Getting Frustrated And I Would Appreciate Any Serious Advice On What Else I Can Do To Help Lose Weight. Also, I Really Watch What I Eat And Drink Only Water.

SaintSage
08-08-2007, 06:47 PM
What's your height, weight, and body type? (Also, capitalizing every letter makes it very difficult to read what you write. Just thought you should know.)

Mr Punch
08-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Why Are You Writing Like This? It's Hard To Write, Hard To Read, And Monumentally Pointless.

Losing weight is a major task. Since you haven't lost any in a year it's obvious that:
1) Your MA programme is not sufficiently energetic enough to help you lose weight, and
2) Other factors are almost certainly involved: natural genetics, metabolic rate, diet etc.

Most MAs are not going to help you lose weight especially. Unless you're doing interval-type training in your programme (like high intensity bagwork, round-timed sparring energetic enough to get you out of breath, circuit training warm-ups/drills etc) it's not going to be hitting you where it counts.

Just training till you get out of breath and sweat and maintaining that same level is not going to do it, and furthermore will make your plateau easier to reach.

I suspect your diet is also a problem: many people watch what they eat, but they don't know how to watch it! No time now... search this forum for similar threads.

GunnedDownAtrocity
08-08-2007, 08:00 PM
taunt homeless men with bottles of mad dog. they are surprisingly energetic when motivated. when you are finished you can catch them on fire.

JCAT
08-09-2007, 12:56 AM
To answer Saint Sage I am 41years old,weigh 240, and I am 5' 10, and heavy build. Is there something I could take to help boost my metabolism and help give me more energy to work out even harder at class and at home.

Mr Punch
08-09-2007, 05:01 AM
Your metabolism is genetic and age is a factor... however change your training programme and your diet and you should be able to speed it up. I don7t know of any supplements that will help or that would be healthy.

Do a search for HIIT and increase your eating to five times a day at least, small amounts each time, with at least 20 g protein, some veg/fruit and all the essential amino acids each time.

That should get your nutrition in order which will stop your body overcompensating.

Lucas
08-09-2007, 02:29 PM
Your metabolism is genetic and age is a factor... however change your training programme and your diet and you should be able to speed it up. I don7t know of any supplements that will help or that would be healthy.

Do a search for HIIT and increase your eating to five times a day at least, small amounts each time, with at least 20 g protein, some veg/fruit and all the essential amino acids each time.

That should get your nutrition in order which will stop your body overcompensating.

are you saying 20g each meal?