PDA

View Full Version : Art D'Agostino

woliveri
08-10-2007, 03:29 AM
Is Art still around these days? How about the ShangWu Farms.. I could never find the website or information about his teachings.

thanks.

yu shan
08-10-2007, 06:30 AM
As far as I know. He has a student who posts here, Israel. Maybe he will chime in, but I`ll do some digging.

TaiChiBob
08-10-2007, 06:46 AM
Hi Bill,

I spoke with Art briefly at Nick's tournament over Memorial Day.. too briefly as i was judging, but.. one of his students was competing Chen Style and i think he got first or second.. Art seemed to be doing well and his student showed promise.. The Chen field of competitors was not particularly inspiring :( , Art's student had good upper body and arm/hand structure, but his foundation/legs were disconnected and collapsing inward.. Art said he had only been training just over a year, pretty impressive for such a short training period..

How about you, how's things? I just spent Sunday with Jeff R. and WCC Chen for a day long workshop on applications, really nicely done.. i had a recent seminar with Share K. Lew on Taoist "Cloud hands" QiGong form (not as in Yang "Cloud Hands", though some similarities)..

Be well..

woliveri
08-10-2007, 07:09 AM
Hey Bob,

I'm doing ok.. Back in Shanghai until November when I'll head to Florida to help take care of my aging mother in Sebring.

Here's a short clip of one of our Bagua forms with me and my teacher:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HudnSSwzOIY

It's called "Subduing Tiger Lo Han" form.

Shanghai is starting to cool off (relatively) and so practice will intensify as the weather cools.

Chinese language study has taken a back seat to my Martial/Nei Gong studies but will pick up when I get to Florida.

When I'm not practicing Bagua or taking lessons I routinely go play with some push hands guys and get my butt kicked there. ha ha...

I'll be in Florida for a good while this time so perhaps we can hook up, maybe at one of your meetup group meetings.

Oso
08-10-2007, 07:55 PM
TCB, I didn't know Share Lew was still alive and kicking. How was the seminar?

Supposedly, Sifu David Kash trained with Lew and some of what I've learned as 'toaist' principles of internal stuff trace back to him.

woliveri
08-10-2007, 08:10 PM
I've learned this set before. Also called Short 31.

Includes 5 different exercises and also should have the Earth Meditation included.

I'm also curious Bob,

on the 4th exercise, hugging the body and down to the thighs, I've learned this two ways.

1. End on the inner thigh.

or

2. End on the outer thigh (the published video on this exercise ends this way).

Which way did SKL teach this in this seminar?

ironfenix
08-11-2007, 01:58 PM
Yes, Art D'Agostino still trains. He focuses on Chen & Mantis, with some chinese weaponry. His student is my younger brother. He is good. Really good for only a year. He just opened a nutrition store. I should be seeing him this month.