bodhitree
08-10-2007, 10:19 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6940672.stm

bodhitree
08-10-2007, 10:26 AM
bbllaahhhhh

lkfmdc
08-10-2007, 10:34 AM
"Twelve young men were trained in traditional lion dancing and given fake passports before joining real monks going abroad, Xinhua news agency said."

at this point the article loses all credibility, the entire "send a monk overseas to make a buck" thing is the real scandle here... sorry, you'll forgive me Gene, but I've seen it up close and it's a scam.....

Lucas
08-10-2007, 10:41 AM
"It became known in the West as the training ground for Kwai Chang Caine, played by David Carradine, in Bruce Lee's 1970s Kung Fu television series. "

I'm very suprised that they actually gave BL the credit for Kung Fu the series....

Shaolinlueb
08-10-2007, 12:36 PM
eh. isnt the first time this has happened.

GeneChing
08-10-2007, 01:54 PM
Either that, or you're just too old and tired. Probably both. :p

What's interesting about this is how they were busted as snakeheads. That's a new twist. You guys need to learn how to read between the lines better. ;)

China foils fake Kung Fu masters
A student from one of the Shaolin martial art schools demonstrates his skills at Changdian Chinese New Year fair in Beijing (file photo)
The real Shaolin monks are famed for their martial arts skills
The Chinese authorities say they have foiled a plot to smuggle immigrants abroad disguised as martial arts performers from the Shaolin Temple.

Twelve young men were trained in traditional lion dancing and given fake passports before joining real monks going abroad, Xinhua news agency said.

They were caught trying to cross the border into Hong Kong.

Among the three people arrested accused of trafficking were said to be at least one coach and a "snakehead" smuggler.

'Innocent victim'

It is estimated that every year tens of thousands of Chinese people, many from the coastal province of Fujian, pay large sums to gangs to be smuggled abroad to look for work.

Xinhua, China's official news agency, quoted a policeman in the eastern city of Changle, where the 12 men originally came from, as saying the Shaolin Temple had been an innocent victim of the conspirators.

The temple "had nothing to do with it", he said.

The 12 would-be immigrants, aged 17-19, were charged up to $90,000 (£45,000) for passage out of the country, Xinhua said. The group was reportedly headed for Canada.

The 1,500-year-old Shaolin Temple in central China's Henan province has fought hard against exploitation by martial arts schools, films, and consumer products.

It became known in the West as the training ground for Kwai Chang Caine, played by David Carradine, in Bruce Lee's 1970s Kung Fu television series.

sean_stonehart
08-10-2007, 02:01 PM
What the crap would Shaolin have to do with Lion Dancing anyway?? :eek:

Nebuchadnezzar
08-10-2007, 02:35 PM
What the crap would Shaolin have to do with Lion Dancing anyway?? :eek:

They probably thought the authorities couldn't tell the difference between the Shaolin Entertainers and Lion Dancers. Go figure! :D

TenTigers
08-10-2007, 11:43 PM
'The 1,500-year-old Shaolin Temple in central China's Henan province has fought hard against exploitation by martial arts schools, films, and consumer products."
perhaps some un named shaolin kempo organization? or was it the jo-jo school of self defense? obviously didn't fight too hard.

lkfmdc
08-11-2007, 05:05 AM
"'The 1,500-year-old Shaolin Temple in central China's Henan province has fought hard against exploitation by martial arts schools, films, and consumer products - that effort includes selling stone monuments to kenpo freaks who claim the dog faced boy as their master, personally do carnival tricks on Jay Leno, and teaching Chen style while calling it Shaolin Taiji at one of their headquarters."

fixed it for you :rolleyes:

John Takeshi
08-11-2007, 05:35 AM
Um, I believe that this word is spelled "Scandal", if I'm not mistaken. You can thank me later for enlightening you in a private message.

I think that demonstrates how discreet I can be.

Black Jack II
08-12-2007, 08:18 AM
You really but that "no" Shaolin Priests had any idea of these smugglers or the 90,000 grand that was paid to get them out.

Greed....???

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/1104AP_ODD_China_Kung_Fu_Fakes.html

GeneChing
08-13-2007, 09:17 AM
China: Bogus martial arts masters nabbed
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

BEIJING -- A dozen Chinese teenagers have been caught in a failed plot to sneak into Canada by masquerading as kung fu masters from the famous Shaolin Temple, state media reported Friday.

The 12 had no martial arts experience but joined a team of genuine kung fu performers from a school in Henan province, also home to the 1,500-year-old temple, that was leaving for a tour of Canada, the official Xinhua News Agency said.

They had paid up to $90,000 each to a human smuggler, or "snakehead," and two coaches from the martial arts school who often accompany students on trips abroad, Xinhua said.

The teenagers, ages 17 to 19, had a one-day training session at a hotel on June 24 to learn the basics of the art of Chinese lion dancing, Xinhua said.

The group was stopped less than a week later while trying to enter Hong Kong after border guards' suspicions were aroused, but the report did not give any details.

Xinhua quoted a policeman in Changle, a city in eastern China's Fujian province from which the alleged bogus kung fu masters originally came, as saying the Shaolin Temple had been an innocent victim of the conspirators.

"The Shaolin Temple had nothing to do with it," Xinhua quoted the officer, identified by his surname, Wang, as saying.

The teens and the two coaches were detained and returned to Fujian for interrogation, the agency said. The snakehead was arrested Monday after six weeks on the run.

The Shaolin Temple has fought hard against those it sees as exploiting its name for martial arts schools, performances, movies and consumer products.

In recent years, it has set up a corporation, Henan Shaolin Temple Industrial Development Ltd., and trademarked the names "Shaolin" and "Shaolin Temple."

What other style has the magnitude that could even set up such a scandal? That's what makes Shaolin very interesting. Sure, you can all criticize it for such scandals, but when will we read the story about the hung gar performer snake heads? I'm fascinated by this stuff. It's right up there with steroid abuse in MMA - martial arts clashing with modern times.

zhugeliang
08-13-2007, 11:14 AM
What other style has the magnitude that could even set up such a scandal? That's what makes Shaolin very interesting.

Indeed a testament to the glory and power of Shaolin.

Baqualin
08-13-2007, 11:37 AM
"'The 1,500-year-old Shaolin Temple in central China's Henan province has fought hard against exploitation by martial arts schools, films, and consumer products - that effort includes selling stone monuments to kenpo freaks who claim the dog faced boy as their master, personally do carnival tricks on Jay Leno, and teaching Chen style while calling it Shaolin Taiji at one of their headquarters."

fixed it for you :rolleyes:

I see your master taught proper manners:rolleyes:

lkfmdc
08-13-2007, 01:29 PM
I see your master taught proper manners:rolleyes:

As the head of an important new international martial arts organization, I am offended that you have the poor manners to insult me! I am greater than you and don't you ever forget it! I have THREE stone tablets in my honor at shaolin!
(http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3924&d=1186974622)

kwaichang
08-13-2007, 03:22 PM
Another interesting "story" very similar in concept.
"New York, NY - Grandmaster Chan Tai-San, born in Taishan county, Guangdong province, China in 1920, was one of the last links to Chinese martial arts traditional past. Orphoned as a child and adopted by a Buddhist monk, Chan Tai-San inherited lineages in both Tibetan Lama Pai and Choy Lay Fut " Sure he did well at least he shaves. Not meaning any disrespect to the deceased KC

lkfmdc
08-13-2007, 06:20 PM
LMFAO at trying to compare the master of dog face kenpo to CTS.....

you need to get out more

kwaichang
08-13-2007, 06:55 PM
Your right there is no comparison GMT trains people with respect history is very similar to SKTJ though KC

lkfmdc
08-13-2007, 08:54 PM
there is no comparison
GMT trains clueless people who actualy buy into his kenpo and jo jo the dog face nonsense, and think that it's real CMA

there, fixed it for you

"TRAINED TO KILL" - yeah, you're killing me, I'm literally dying from laughing so hard

tattooedmonk
08-13-2007, 10:52 PM
there, fixed it for you

"TRAINED TO KILL" - yeah, you're killing me, I'm literally dying from laughing so hardJust out of curiosity, what is your problem with GMT and SD??

You SEEM to have a profitable business selling what you do, mixing your MMA and CMA and all that, but why is it that someone that SEEMS to have all that you do feels that it is neccesary to keep up with this line of dialog and continue to TRY to disrespect us and our master??

It just does not make any sense.

You sound like someone who has serious mental and emotional issues that need to be addressed .

You seem to have bi polar and schitzophrenic tendencies, not failing to mention a superiority complex , lack self-esteem, self respect, etc.............

kwaichang
08-14-2007, 03:56 AM
Remember those who have the smallest #### usually accomplish the most. I think this is the case of lkfmdc what does that mean anyway ? little kid for most days cant ? hahahahahahah KC

lkfmdc
08-14-2007, 06:50 AM
You sound like someone who has serious mental and emotional issues that need to be addressed .

You seem to have bi polar and schitzophrenic tendencies, not failing to mention a superiority complex , lack self-esteem, self respect, etc.............

LMFAO at another loser trying to practice medicine without a license.....

Are you gonna heal me with a chi blast? :rolleyes:

Shaolin Do is a freakin joke, and so obviously so... it's amusing to see you guys cling so desperately to stories that anyone in their right mind would know are complet bunk

Do I bother you? Good, made my day........ :D

lkfmdc
08-14-2007, 06:51 AM
Remember those who have the smallest #### usually accomplish the most.

Then why are you such a loser then? :rolleyes:

bodhitree
08-14-2007, 06:52 AM
LMFAO at another loser trying to practice medicine without a license.....

Are you gonna heal me with a chi blast? :rolleyes:

Shaolin Do is a freakin joke, and so obviously so... it's amusing to see you guys cling so desperately to stories that anyone in their right mind would know are complet bunk

Do I bother you? Good, made my day........ :D

So I guess you don't believe in the missing link????

Baqualin
08-14-2007, 07:50 AM
As the head of an important new international martial arts organization

WOW....I didn't know, I'm so impressed:rolleyes:

, I am offended that you have the poor manners to insult me! I am greater than you and don't you ever forget it! I have THREE stone tablets in my honor at shaolin!
(http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3924&d=1186974622)

You insult yourself everytime you toot your own horn and you blow a very big disrespectful horn:p

lkfmdc
08-14-2007, 08:02 AM
I'm attracted to men with big horns .... can I blow yours?

there, fixed it for you.....

Shaolin losers

Baqualin
08-14-2007, 08:13 AM
there, fixed it for you.....

Shaolin losers

The only thing you need to fix is yourself.....we don't need any more like you running around the planet.:D

If I'm not mistaken Chan Tai-San met GMSin and was very respectful when they shook hands:)

lkfmdc
08-14-2007, 08:18 AM
If I'm not mistaken Chan Tai-San met GMSin and was very respectful when they shook hands:)

LMFAO, if you are on drugs, the rule is you have to share

Is that what they are telling you idiots now? That Chan Tai San met and was "respectful" to your moron instructor?

NEVER HAPPENED. At best you misunderstood, but given the history of your little cult, another LIE most likely...

again NEVER HAPPENED

TRUST ME, if CTS had seen that crap he would have pointed and laughed out loud

Baqualin
08-14-2007, 08:22 AM
LMFAO, if you are on drugs, the rule is you have to share

Is that what they are telling you idiots now? That Chan Tai San met and was "respectful" to your moron instructor?

NEVER HAPPENED. At best you misunderstood, but given the history of your little cult, another LIE most likely...

again NEVER HAPPENED

TRUST ME, if CTS had seen that crap he would have pointed and laughed out loud

Child in a mans body.....do I bother you...Make my day:D

lkfmdc
08-14-2007, 08:34 AM
I sure as heck must be aggravating you like jock itch, or else why have to come up with some lame ass LIE about CTS meeting Sin?

"Sin", what an appropriate name for a man who lies 24/7

TTT for Shaolin-DOH!

Baqualin
08-14-2007, 08:53 AM
I sure as heck must be aggravating you like jock itch, or else why have to come up with some lame ass LIE about CTS meeting Sin?

TTT for Shaolin-DOH!

I guess it's not possible for people to meet in this world...what a **** you are:rolleyes:

lkfmdc
08-14-2007, 08:57 AM
I guess it's not possible for people to meet in this world...what a **** you are:rolleyes:

When CTS traveled, I traveled with him, I was his primary translator. I can say with no doubt in my mind that CTS NEVER MET "Sin" boy... I know that rubs you the wrong way, so does the truth that you are doing bad kenpo, but it's the truth none the less...

love and bullets
LKFMDC

Baqualin
08-14-2007, 09:37 AM
When CTS traveled, I traveled with him, I was his primary translator. I can say with no doubt in my mind that CTS NEVER MET "Sin" boy... I know that rubs you the wrong way, so does the truth that you are doing bad kenpo, but it's the truth none the less...

love and bullets
LKFMDC

Doesn't rub me the wrong way...I said from the beginning if I'm not mistaken...which means I could be...I know he met a famous Lama Pai master at Brendon Lai's years ago & they were very respectful to each other. What you say about GMSin doesn't really bother me either...I know you know nothing about him....just like you know CTS I know GMS...not just as a teacher but also as a friend. As far as you go....I've read alot of your post....your a D!ck to everybody....that's who you are.;)

lkfmdc
08-14-2007, 09:55 AM
Denile, it's not just a river in Egypt

Baqualin
08-14-2007, 10:30 AM

I'm really starting to respect your intelligence:)

tattooedmonk
08-14-2007, 11:21 AM

TTT for Shaolin-DOH!actualy his name is "Xin" meaning heart . His full name means" One with a pure heart" if I am not mistaken. I believe that the x was changed to an s to save time and to eliminate confusion .

I think you would be surprised as to who Master Sin Has met and been friends with over the years In side the CMA community.

So why have you not answered the question as to what your issue is with GMT and SD?

As for the rest of your drivel ....your an idiot.

tattooedmonk
08-14-2007, 11:25 AM
Doesn't rub me the wrong way...I said from the beginning if I'm not mistaken...which means I could be...I know he met a famous Lama Pai master at Brendon Lai's years ago & they were very respectful to each other. What you say about GMSin doesn't really bother me either...I know you know nothing about him....just like you know CTS I know GMS...not just as a teacher but also as a friend. As far as you go....I've read alot of your post....your a D!ck to everybody....that's who you are.;)Me neither, I would just like to know what the real issue is here with this guy. It is guys like this that give real martial artist a bad name.:D:cool:

lkfmdc
08-14-2007, 11:39 AM
actualy his name is "Xin" meaning heart . His full name means" One with a pure heart"

BLAHHAAAAHHHAHAAAAAHHHHHAAAA

I heard it means "to confuse and rip off as many uneducated white people as possible" :rolleyes:

I think you would be surprised as to who Master Sin Has met and been friends with over the years In side the CMA community.

I know
1) that he never met CTS

2) that CTS would have laughed in his face if he saw the crap you guys do

3) that Sin tried to get legitimacy by applying for membership in NACMAF, upon researching his claims, they DENIED him

4) I know enough about TCMA to know what you guys do isn't it

So why have you not answered the question as to what your issue is with GMT and SD?

I don't like fakes, frauds and liars, and Shaolin Do qualifies on all three accounts. I am also not fond of fake martial arts, again Shaolin Do qualifies.

Perhaps if you don't want to read the truth, don't log on here.

tattooedmonk
08-14-2007, 11:52 AM
BLAHHAAAAHHHAHAAAAAHHHHHAAAA

I heard it means "to confuse and rip off as many uneducated white people as possible" :rolleyes:

I know
1) that he never met CTS

2) that CTS would have laughed in his face if he saw the crap you guys do

3) that Sin tried to get legitimacy by applying for membership in NACMAF, upon researching his claims, they DENIED him

4) I know enough about TCMA to know what you guys do isn't it

I don't like fakes, frauds and liars, and Shaolin Do qualifies on all three accounts. I am also not fond of fake martial arts, again Shaolin Do qualifies.

Perhaps if you don't want to read the truth, don't log on here.How do you know that he never met him ?? Do you know everything he ever did and know all that he ever knew??

Why would he laugh?? If he did he would not be the real master that I know he was. You are a disgrace to him , his style and lineage.

As for the NACMAF, whatever.

You can think and say what it is that you want about SD, GMT , and /or me for that matter but this will not change anything.

yoU can say anything you want and believe anything you want but this does not make it true. You do not want to know what we are about you have it set in your own little mind as to what it is that we are about and this is fine .

Go back to your half naked men mounting eachother using rear naked chokes and all that and go get all sweaty with them and have a ball or two!!!

So you can keep wasting time , energy, space , etc. with all this or you can grow up and start acting like a man .

lkfmdc
08-14-2007, 12:01 PM
How do you know that he never met him ?? Do you know everything he ever did and know all that he ever knew??

So then genius, tell us where they met? How did the communicate? "Sin" certainly didn't walk into the association house in Chinatown, I think I would have known if he walked into my school (or Michael's). I traveled with CTS whenever he left NY and was his translator.

So when did it happen?

You f-in goofs are desperate for any sort of validity that you keep making up stores, we call them LIES

Why would he laugh??

Because what you do is utter crap....

As for the NACMAF, whatever.

Translation = let's not draw attention to the fact that when inquiries were made, all of Sin's stories didnt' pan out and he was exposed as a fraud

You can think and say what it is that you want about SD, GMT , and /or me for that matter but this will not change anything.

YUP, because once a cult member has been brain washed, no amount of basic logic is gonna sway them...

you can grow up and start acting like a man .

Dude, you're the one in bare feet, with a costume on, playing with fake weapons :rolleyes:

all hail the scam of the century!
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3924&d=1186974622

tattooedmonk
08-14-2007, 12:36 PM
So then genius, tell us where they met? How did the communicate? "Sin" certainly didn't walk into the association house in Chinatown, I think I would have known if he walked into my school (or Michael's). I traveled with CTS whenever he left NY and was his translator.

So when did it happen?

You f-in goofs are desperate for any sort of validity that you keep making up stores, we call them LIES

Because what you do is utter crap....

Translation = let's not draw attention to the fact that when inquiries were made, all of Sin's stories didnt' pan out and he was exposed as a fraud

YUP, because once a cult member has been brain washed, no amount of basic logic is gonna sway them...

Dude, you're the one in bare feet, with a costume on, playing with fake weapons :rolleyes:

all hail the scam of the century!
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3924&d=1186974622I find it hard to believe that you are an inheritor of his style.

I do not know when and where they met. I did not say they did. I said that you would be surprised as to who he knew or met.

So where did you get the info about the NACMAF??

I want proof not juyst your words. And by the way everything you said so far can not be proven either.

How do we know that you traveled eveywhere and was his translator and all that ?? You make it sound like you were his BUTT buddy.

I am not brain washed . I like the style for what it is and for the material it provides. you are makeing blanket statements and mass assumptions.

Maybe some people make it look like crap but this does not mean that we all do.

I do not train in barefeet all the time, it is called a uniform, and I use real weapons.

lkfmdc
08-14-2007, 12:44 PM
I find it hard to believe that you are an inheritor of his style.

well, if YOU don't believe it, then it has to be true :rolleyes:

I do not know when and where they met. I did not say they did.

"backtracking 101"

So where did you get the info about the NACMAF??

I was a member of NACMAF, I was very close to people in the organization, TRUST ME, they all died laughing at his application

I want proof not juyst your words. And by the way everything you said so far can not be proven either.

(when a cult member is confronted directly with information that contradicts the tenents of the cult faith, his first reaction is hostility, then denile, followed by alienation)

How do we know that you traveled eveywhere and was his translator and all that ??

BLAHHAHHHAHHHAAAAHHHH

Desperation

Funny, a lot of board members remember Chan Tai San, his appearances at national tournaments and me being right next to him

Then, of course, there are all those articles and pictures

(when a cult member is confronted directly with information that contradicts the tenents of the cult faith, his first reaction is hostility, then denile, followed by alienation)

I am not brain washed .

tattooedmonk
08-14-2007, 12:54 PM
well, if YOU don't believe it, then it has to be true :rolleyes:

"backtracking 101"

I was a member of NACMAF, I was very close to people in the organization, TRUST ME, they all died laughing at his application

BLAHHAHHHAHHHAAAAHHHH

Desperation

Funny, a lot of board members remember Chan Tai San, his appearances at national tournaments and me being right next to him

Then, of course, there are all those articles and pictures

(when a cult member is confronted directly with information that contradicts the tenents of the cult faith, his first reaction is hostility, then denile, followed by alienation)I did not back track. Just because you say it does not make it true.
Once again where is your proof???

I want proof that everyday since you became his disciple that you where by his side or infront of him or on top of him or under him , whatever. I want picture of everyday that you spent with him . This is the only way I will believe you.I want proof that you were his translator , that when the NACMAF got sGMT application that they laughed , I want prooof because until you show it I will believe that you are just blowing hot air.

PROVE IT!!!

In light of information does not make it FACT, MORON. you have done nothing in the way of proving anything.

Baqualin
08-14-2007, 01:00 PM
[QUOTE=lkfmdc;787076]So then genius, tell us where they met? How did the communicate?

Once again D!CK.....as I said, I know he met a famous Lama Pai master at Brendon Lai's years ago....... not sure if it was CTS I'll have to ask GMS
Oh by the way GMS is Chinese & speaks Chinese so it would be possible to communicate.

Not making up anything, read my post if you can....I'm the only one that said anything about their meeting...like I said, not sure if it was CTS....GMS casually mentioned in conversation meeting a famous Lama Pai master who was Chinese.....of which I doubt that you will find alot of them running around.

I'm not looking for validity, just like you don't like frauds, I don't like your A$$holyness and greater than tho attitude.....but like I said thats who you are.:)

lkfmdc
08-14-2007, 01:02 PM
MY WORLD IS FALLING APART

I want proof!
I want completely unreasonable consolation that the years I've spent with master goof ball have not been in vain!

MY WORLD IS FALLING APART

You can't just rely on reasonable info that everyone agrees upon, because if I apply logic, my world comes falling in on me

PROVE IT!!!

LMFAO at you, denile, it's not just a river in Egypt

well, if YOU don't believe it :rolleyes:

BLAHHAHHHAHHHAAAAHHHH

the desperation

tattooedmonk
08-14-2007, 01:02 PM
[QUOTE=lkfmdc;787076]So then genius, tell us where they met? How did the communicate?

Once again D!CK.....as I said, I know he met a famous Lama Pai master at Brendon Lai's years ago....... not sure if it was CTS I'll have to ask GMS
Oh by the way GMS is Chinese & speaks Chinese so it would be possible to communicate.

Not making up anything, read my post if you can....I'm the only one that said anything about their meeting...like I said, not sure if it was CTS....GMS casually mentioned in conversation meeting a famous Lama Pai master who was Chinese.....of which I doubt that you will find alot of them running around.

I'm not looking for validity, just like you don't like frauds, I don't like your A$$holyness and greater than tho attitude.....but like I said thats who you are.:)+1:D;):cool:

tattooedmonk
08-14-2007, 01:04 PM
LMFAO at you, denile, it's not just a river in Egypt

well, if YOU don't believe it :rolleyes:

BLAHHAHHHAHHHAAAAHHHH

the desperationJust as I thought ...a lot of hot air. I feel sorry for you and your students.

Your joke about denile is old. I think you are the one in denile.

Baqualin
08-14-2007, 01:09 PM
lkfmdc

Personally I don't need any proof of your relationship with CTS...I'm well aware of who you are.......I still think your a D!CK!:cool:

lkfmdc
08-14-2007, 01:18 PM
Do you think the kung fu school that served as NACMAF's office was wired like the white house? :rolleyes:

Ask anyone who was in the federation, and many of them are still on this board. There was a meeting and in it we all had a huge laugh about "Sin The" and his bogus application....

You're "big tactic" was to ask me for proof I traveled with CTS :rolleyes:

Do you need an encyclopdia reference to know the sky is blue?

The fact that Sin The doesn't ever mix with anyone in the legit TCMA world is self evidence of the fact that he's a giant fraud.... then of course there is the bogus crap you idiots practice!

The story about your idiot master meeting CTS at Brendan Lai's! LMFAO, there is a famous picture of us with CTS in Brendan Lai's..... knowing how prone "Sin" is to lying, I'm sure he saw the picture and cooked up the story about meeting CTS and CTS approving of him

AGAIN, CTS would have laughed in his face.....

lkfmdc
08-14-2007, 01:23 PM
by the way, in case you haven't already noticed, there are TONS of people on here who think what you guys do sux canal water

Perhaps if you got out more and saw more of the Chinese Martial Arts you'd see that what you do (Shaolin Do) is pretty substandard and really nothing more then kenpo (which in of itself is not CMA).

tattooedmonk
08-14-2007, 01:44 PM
by the way, in case you haven't already noticed, there are TONS of people on here who think what you guys do sux canal water
So ?? your point is??I know that there are alot of people here that think what you do Sux d!ck.

tattooedmonk
08-14-2007, 01:45 PM
Do you think the kung fu school that served as NACMAF's office was wired like the white house? :rolleyes:

Ask anyone who was in the federation, and many of them are still on this board. There was a meeting and in it we all had a huge laugh about "Sin The" and his bogus application....

You're "big tactic" was to ask me for proof I traveled with CTS :rolleyes:

Do you need an encyclopdia reference to know the sky is blue?

The fact that Sin The doesn't ever mix with anyone in the legit TCMA world is self evidence of the fact that he's a giant fraud.... then of course there is the bogus crap you idiots practice!

The story about your idiot master meeting CTS at Brendan Lai's! LMFAO, there is a famous picture of us with CTS in Brendan Lai's..... knowing how prone "Sin" is to lying, I'm sure he saw the picture and cooked up the story about meeting CTS and CTS approving of him

AGAIN, CTS would have laughed in his face.....Stil no proof huh??

lkfmdc
08-14-2007, 01:52 PM
I think Sean Stonehart's response to you was best

Well... that just about proves it... you know squat about CMA.

tattooedmonk
08-14-2007, 01:57 PM
I think Sean Stonehart's response to you was bestall talk and NO proof what so ever . figures!

kwaichang
08-14-2007, 01:57 PM
LKFMDC, So your teacher was abandoned as an Orphan and inherited a style , must not have been much to choose a student like you you are a Moron. So prove your points you say much but proove little. as you are little minded or purile. Air and opportunity prove what you say or say nothing at all and hey BQL ignore this creton KC

lkfmdc
08-14-2007, 02:04 PM
LKFMDC, So your teacher was abandoned as an Orphan and inherited a style , must not have been much to choose a student like you you are a Moron. So prove your points you say much but proove little. as you are little minded or purile. Air and opportunity prove what you say or say nothing at all and hey BQL ignore this creton KC

you idiots are a laugh riot- trying to divert the topic with irrelevant side chatter and when that fails, lame insults

I guess you haven't noticed how many people on the board think Shaolin Do is watered down pig slop?

My guess, is you've heard it a thousand times before, and just like now, you stick your fingers in your ears and try to not listen

Typical of the brain washed....

I'd suggest the only morons here are you guys who bought stories a 9 year old would questions, sunk cash and time into learning sub-standard kenpo and think they are learning "shaolin"

sucker born every minute

Baqualin
08-14-2007, 02:05 PM

AGAIN, CTS would have laughed in his face.....

1) GMS and Brendan were very close friends & he's the one who introduced GMS to the Lama Pai Master..... once again I'm the one saying this not, TTM & I'm not sure it was CTS.

2) Never said he or whoever approved of him, I only said he showed respect after they shook hands ( which is more than you can do), I wish you would learn how to read.;)

3) I really don't think he would have laughed in GMS's face:D

lkfmdc
08-14-2007, 02:09 PM
just to referesh everyone's memory

all hail the grandmaster of Shaolin!
http://www.shaolincenter.com/images/grandmaster_composite.jpg

do those pictures inspire awe? or pitty?

jit fu
08-14-2007, 02:14 PM
bql,
just curious...do you know the respectful and proprer way to shake a masters hand? and before you say it, yes there is a correct way.

Baqualin
08-14-2007, 02:16 PM
I'd suggest the only morons here are you guys who bought stories a 9 year old would questions, sunk cash and time into learning sub-standard kenpo and think they are learning "shaolin"

sucker born every minute

Cash, sorry wrong again.......a lot time training, but very little cash.....probally not near as much as your students pay.

What have you REALLY seen of SD to base your opinion on.

People who bash us.....the handful on here like you who bash everybody.

9 year olds question everything....you should know:)

lkfmdc
08-14-2007, 02:21 PM
LMFAO, this is from one of their web sites

Grand Master The' continued his education at the University of Kentucky and was on the verge of completing his Master's Degree in Nuclear Engineering when Ie Chang Ming died at age 96. Grand Master The' realized that while there were many engineers and scientists, he was the only Shaolin Grand Master. He dropped his studies in order to devote all of his time to teaching the art of Shaolin.

Sure does sound like "couldn't cut it at school so he decided to cash in on the Shaolin craze" doesn't it :rolleyes:

Baqualin
08-14-2007, 02:22 PM
bql,
just curious...do you know the respectful and proprer way to shake a masters hand? and before you say it, yes there is a correct way.

I always bow to a master :)....besides I wasn't the one shaking hands.

jit fu
08-14-2007, 02:23 PM
i guess you don't then...take care.

Baqualin
08-14-2007, 02:35 PM
LMFAO, this is from one of their web sites

Sure does sound like "couldn't cut it at school so he decided to cash in on the Shaolin craze" doesn't it :rolleyes:

completing his Master's Degree in Nuclear Engineering.....this means he already had a degree...your the one who couldn't cut it in school....you still can't read:eek:

Baqualin
08-14-2007, 02:37 PM
i guess you don't then...take care.

Your Point:confused:

lkfmdc
08-14-2007, 02:39 PM
"on the verge of completing" means he already had the degree, yeah, sure it does :rolleyes:

Baqualin
08-14-2007, 02:45 PM
"on the verge of completing" means he already had the degree, yeah, sure it does :rolleyes:

By the way I said a degree, not the degree

Like I said, you still can't read....Verge of Completing Masters degree....... for your pea brain he had to have a 4 year college degree in nuclear engineering before he could even start work on a Masters degree.:rolleyes:

.....have another drink on me

Baqualin
08-14-2007, 02:50 PM
I'm bored with this one...have fun all:cool:
BQ

tattooedmonk
08-14-2007, 03:48 PM
Stil no proof huh??

sean_stonehart
08-14-2007, 04:11 PM
Stil no proof huh??

I'm sorry... was that directed to me?

kwaichang
08-14-2007, 04:35 PM
Even substandard kempo is better than that crap you teach. You know I have seen alot of people on this web but you lmtkzsewda or what ever that is you are the worst. I have an idea why dont you post some vids of you so we can judge your inability. people like you are a dime a dozen. that is over priced. THOUGH i dont want to speak ill of the dead I saw pics of your master and to borrow a line, he looks like a one eyed fat man to me. At least our master looks like one KC

lkfmdc
08-14-2007, 04:44 PM
Even substandard kempo is better than that crap you teach.

IN the past 4 months my students have won;
1) an MMA title
2) a submission grappling title
3) a Muay Thai title

my guys fight and win all over the country... yeah, must be "crap" :rolleyes:

You know I have seen alot of people on this web but you lmtkzsewda or what ever that is you are the worst.

Dude, you are clueless and a lot of people are laughing at you right now;

Here's what someone who just trained with me this weekend thought
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47619

I have an idea why dont you post some vids of you so we can judge your inability.

Here....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEdb8mpdCKc

where's your footage?

i dont want to speak ill of the dead I saw pics of your master and to borrow a line, he looks like a one eyed fat man to me.

CTS would have ripped your throat out in under a minute and not even have broken a sweat. Unlike your dog faced kenpo masta, the TCMA community respected him. The government of China named him a national treasure

LOSERS..... :rolleyes:

kwaichang
08-14-2007, 04:51 PM
If that is you in the vid as I said i am not impressed I think you are the one living in denial "IN the past 4 months my students have won" what have you done ? By the looks of your post nothing but enjoy Lasagna KC

kwaichang
08-14-2007, 04:57 PM
Your friends post talks about your teachers not you Hint Hint KC

lkfmdc
08-14-2007, 04:59 PM
what have you done ?

Trained a national champion in Muay Thai
Trained a regional champion in MMA
Trained a regional champion in submission grappling
Trained two guys who won pro world San Da titles
Trained a guy who was offered a K-1 MAX contract
Trained 16 US national san da champions
Trained two people who were finalists in the NYC golden gloves

oh...

Opened the largest and most successful San Da school on the East Coast
Teach over 300 people every week
Published over 50 articles on various martial arts subjects
Published the first account in English about Tibetan martial arts
Run the annual national San Da tournament for USKBA
matchmaking for an amateur MMA show at Mohegan Sun Casino

other than that, not much :rolleyes:

kwaichang
08-14-2007, 05:18 PM
Those who can do , those who cant teach. Or talk. Ever heard that you still havent posted your record or is there one. KC

tattooedmonk
08-14-2007, 05:40 PM
If that is you in the vid as I said i am not impressed I think you are the one living in denial "IN the past 4 months my students have won" what have you done ? By the looks of your post nothing but enjoy Lasagna KCIt is. LMAO!!!!

tattooedmonk
08-14-2007, 05:45 PM
IN the past 4 months my students have won;
1) an MMA title
2) a submission grappling title
3) a Muay Thai title

If you are the inheritor of your masters styles why is it that all these titles and such are in MMA and Muay Thai??Sounds like you just teach and practice whatever the flavor of the month is. Fatman

As for Masterkiller:rolleyes: training with you , big deal.

tattooedmonk
08-14-2007, 05:46 PM
Those who can do , those who cant teach. Or talk. Ever heard that you still havent posted your record or is there one. KCBut those who are the best do both!!!:D

kwaichang
08-14-2007, 05:49 PM
TTM Very true KC

Litikuai
08-14-2007, 05:58 PM
I feel I need to agree with Tatooed Monk in this case and lkfmdc you just come off as a spoiled child trying to discredit others for your own benefit. You do seem to be out of shape. But those who have trained in Shaolin Do , I know a few, are good fighters and they dont train in arts that they dont do or teach like you seem to do. LTKuai

tattooedmonk
08-14-2007, 06:29 PM
TTM Very true KC:D:D:D:cool:

tattooedmonk
08-14-2007, 06:31 PM
I feel I need to agree with Tatooed Monk in this case and lkfmdc you just come off as a spoiled child trying to discredit others for your own benefit. You do seem to be out of shape. But those who have trained in Shaolin Do , I know a few, are good fighters and they dont train in arts that they dont do or teach like you seem to do. LTKuai
Thanks. oh by the way tattoo is with 2 Ts!!:D It is not only you , most people do it too. I figured I would say something to you because you seem friendly.:D:cool:

bodhitree
08-14-2007, 06:34 PM
tm and kc get a room and get it over with already.

kwaichang
08-14-2007, 06:38 PM
Do you know what the Bodhi Tree is ??? I guess not or you wouldnt say derogatory things KC

bodhitree
08-14-2007, 06:57 PM
It's a tree, I didn't know trees themselves could inspire behavior.

tattooedmonk
08-14-2007, 07:04 PM
It's a tree, I didn't know trees themselves could inspire behavior.shows how much you know.

bodhitree
08-14-2007, 07:07 PM
This from the crew who have the monkey man/missing link in their lineage.

kwaichang
08-14-2007, 07:16 PM
At the western side of the Mahabodhi temple in Bodhgaya, stands a large and historic Pipal Tree ficus religiosa, known throughout history as the Bodhi Tree, under which Shakyamuni Buddha, then known as Gautama, attained Enlightnment some 2500 years ago.

Gautama, had been practicing austerities for six years in the area of the Niranjana river near Bodhgaya. Finally understanding that this could not lead to realization, he abandoned his austerities and in the nearby village of Senani (now also known as Sujata) the Brahmin girl Sujata offered him milk rice. Strengthened by this, he took some kusha grass for a mat and sat under the Pipal Tree facing east. He resolved not to rise until he attained Enlightenment.

As he sat in deep meditation, Mara, Lord of Illusion, symbolizing the delusions of one's own mind tried tirelessly to distract him from his purpose. Gautama then touched the earth, calling it to bear witness to the countless lifetimes of virtue that led him to this place of Enlightenment. The earth shook confirming the truth of his words. Mara unleashed his army of demons to distract and tempt him from his purpose, but Gautama triumphed over the inner obstacles and the power of his compassion transformed the demons' weapons into flowers. His mind was utterly subdued. apparently you are not enlightened enough to show ultimate compassion KC

Nebuchadnezzar
08-14-2007, 07:17 PM
just to referesh everyone's memory

all hail the grandmaster of Shaolin!
http://www.shaolincenter.com/images/grandmaster_composite.jpg

do those pictures inspire awe? or pitty?

Hmmmm..... Let's see here. Chinese Shaolin as opposed to Peruvian Shaolin? :o

sean_stonehart
08-14-2007, 07:20 PM
Or so the story goes...

That'd be much like Da Mo crossing the river on nothing but a single reed leaf...

Great for stories, but I'm thinking Da Mo would've been drenched

tattooedmonk
08-14-2007, 07:47 PM
Or so the story goes...

That'd be much like Da Mo crossing the river on nothing but a single reed leaf...

Great for stories, but I'm thinking Da Mo would've been drenched actually from the proper perspective you would know that this is correct . The reed leaf is a small boat.:rolleyes: If the story is true.

tattooedmonk
08-14-2007, 07:51 PM
This from the crew who have the monkey man/missing link in their lineage.
It seems guys like you, who are not in the know, seem to be fixated on this. whether it is true or not who really cares.I See you can only make fun of and focus in on the non-intrinsic aspects and/or just regular people who practice the art. Real mature and intelligent.:rolleyes:

MasterKiller
08-14-2007, 08:02 PM
If you are the inheritor of your masters styles why is it that all these titles and such are in MMA and Muay Thai??Sounds like you just teach and practice whatever the flavor of the month is. Fatman

Rather, his guys are so well trained they can compete in any venue and still win.

As for Masterkiller:rolleyes: training with you , big deal.
I flew 5 hours to train at his school for a reason. I've competed and won in big Chinese tournaments, but his students were levels above anyone I've ever competed against.

tattooedmonk
08-14-2007, 08:15 PM
Rather, his guys are so well trained they can compete in any venue and still win.

I flew 5 hours to train at his school for a reason. I've competed and won in big Chinese tournaments, but his students were levels above anyone I've ever competed against.Sure.

SO??

your point being?? He is still virtually unknown and talks a lot of crap . Anyone who has as much as he says he does does not have to talk crap about other people and their chosen style. it sounds like he is a bully and lacks self esteem and self confidence , not failing to mention a few other things.

Vajramusti
08-14-2007, 08:30 PM
Or so the story goes...

Great for stories, but I'm thinking Da Mo would've been drenched
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is a possibility that Damo crossed on a reed boat. One character distortion
repeated over time can result in slippage froma reed boat toa reed. They did have reed boats.Lots of broken telephones!

joy chaudhuri

lkfmdc
08-14-2007, 08:40 PM
Sin The has produced "convincing" evidence that he actually met CTS at Brendan Lai's store

lkfmdc
08-14-2007, 08:41 PM
here he claims to have been in on all the big meetings!

TenTigers
08-14-2007, 09:42 PM
Or so the story goes...

Great for stories, but I'm thinking Da Mo would've been drenched "

yep-and Jesus walked on water cuz he knew where the rocks were.:p

lkfmdc
08-14-2007, 09:45 PM
ah, but that is exactly it.... for a lot of people martial arts is their religion; challenge their faith and you see the meltdown that we've seen here over and over again.... they'd rather believe the ridiculous and the irrational than confront more questions that lie behind them

kwaichang
08-15-2007, 03:30 AM
so true so where were you in the pic I thought you were always there? and where is your fight record KC

bodhitree
08-15-2007, 05:13 AM
So the tree was the cause of this guy's enlightenment?

lkfmdc
08-15-2007, 06:16 AM
so where were you in the pic I thought you were always there?

I'm in the REAL picture genius :rolleyes:

lkfmdc
08-15-2007, 06:22 AM
where is your record

my record? oh, here you go

sanjuro_ronin
08-15-2007, 06:25 AM
I'm in the REAL picture genius :rolleyes:

You need to grow some facial hair

sanjuro_ronin
08-15-2007, 06:26 AM

Can I download that ?
I hear your version of "the devil went down to georgia", better know as "Harlot slapping on the Bayou" is way cool.

Baqualin
08-15-2007, 06:30 AM

Now your trying to rip off Gary Moore

The real lkfmdc

lkfmdc
08-15-2007, 06:34 AM
look at my picture next to my profile, haven't you figured out alrelady that I am the grandmaster of Shaolin Do :rolleyes:

Baqualin
08-15-2007, 06:56 AM
look at my picture next to my profile, haven't you figured out alrelady that I am the grandmaster of Shaolin Do :rolleyes:

I have lots of respect for CTS and I have lots of respect for what your organization does for the MA world....like I said I'm well aware who you are....but your still very child like and a disrespectful D!CK.
Sincerely,
BQ

lkfmdc
08-15-2007, 06:59 AM
I have lots of respect for CTS and I have lots of respect for what your organization does for the MA world....like I said I'm well aware who you are....but your still very child like and a disrespectful D!CK.
Sincerely,
BQ

boo hoo, you hurt my feelings :rolleyes:

sorry, I hate horse crap, and when I see it, I say "hey, horse crap"

have a nice day

love and bullets
LKFMDC

Baqualin
08-15-2007, 07:17 AM
boo hoo, you hurt my feelings :rolleyes:

sorry, I hate horse crap, and when I see it, I say "hey, horse crap"

have a nice day

love and bullets
LKFMDC

And my point is proven...Thanks
BQ:cool:

lkfmdc
08-15-2007, 07:19 AM
And my point is proven...Thanks
BQ:cool:

dude, if you got out into the real world a little more you'd realize what a load of crap you've been sold and why so many people have absolutely zero respect for Sin The :rolleyes:

Not our fault he's ripping people off is it?

Baqualin
08-15-2007, 07:40 AM
dude, if you got out into the real world a little more you'd realize what a load of crap you've been sold and why so many people have absolutely zero respect for Sin The :rolleyes:

Not our fault he's ripping people off is it?

Dude if I didn't get out in the real world I wouldn't know who you are & CTS was....I'm not stupid I've been training in MA's for 37 years.
What do you know about GMS other than what you've read on the internet...have you met him in person...have you talked to him face to face....have you even seen, met or touched hands with any of the higher level SD masters

The Willow Sword
08-15-2007, 08:24 AM
Dude if I didn't get out in the real world I wouldn't know who you are & CTS was....I'm not stupid I've been training in MA's for 37 years.
What do you know about GMS other than what you've read on the internet...have you met him in person...have you talked to him face to face....have you even seen, met or touched hands with any of the higher level SD masters

Maybe he has not but OTHERS here, me included, HAVE. you dont seem to realize that people have come and gone through SD over the years and not all have tooted to the same bandwagon for 30+years. We have posed our queries and questions to the "upper level masters" and we get the same answers and the same diatribe and duckings when these people are confronted with the obvious. i have posed MY questions to the MAN HIMSELF and have recieved no response to those questions. With as much that is focused here in the forums WHICH BTW, has people from all over this country and others posing the same questions and queries you would think that there would be a willingness to "educate" us on our naivity by the man himself.

Peace,TWS

lkfmdc
08-15-2007, 09:00 AM
Maybe he has not but OTHERS here, me included, HAVE. you dont seem to realize that people have come and gone through SD over the years and not all have tooted to the same bandwagon for 30+years. We have posed our queries and questions to the "upper level masters" and we get the same answers and the same diatribe and duckings when these people are confronted with the obvious. i have posed MY questions to the MAN HIMSELF and have recieved no response to those questions. With as much that is focused here in the forums WHICH BTW, has people from all over this country and others posing the same questions and queries you would think that there would be a willingness to "educate" us on our naivity by the man himself.

Peace,TWS

well, there's something to think about isn't it?

GLW
08-15-2007, 09:43 AM
Just curious:

Is a SCANDLE a CANDLE shaped like an "S"

For the record, the word is SCANDAL

lkfmdc
08-15-2007, 09:49 AM
Just curious:

Is a SCANDLE a CANDLE shaped like an "S"

For the record, the word is SCANDAL

I originally thought the thread was about something totally different! (see attachment)

Shaolin Wookie
08-15-2007, 11:02 AM
well, there's something to think about isn't it?

A jaded ex-student who's got a grudge because he lost an internet challenge match? Why, yes, it is something to think about......okay, I'm finished. Hey, did any of you see that Comedy Central roast of Flava Flav? Man, that was funny.

Sin The is KFM Online's favorite subject of conversation. By volume alone, he's probably more responsible for the conversations here than our itinerant Shaolin Ninja. Love 'em or hate 'em, my grandmaster could beat up your grandmaster. Just look at what shape he's in, and has been in his prime and after. LOL.........

(Just a gibe to point out how childish this entire conversation is)....

lkfmdc
08-15-2007, 11:07 AM
A jaded ex-student who's got a grudge

your organization seems to have a lot of those....

and are you denying that he asked questions and that people refused to answer him? Are you calling him a liar?

Sin The is KFM Online's favorite subject of conversation.

where there's smoke, there's fire, we don't see threads like this about YC Wong, or Adam Hsu, or Shum Leung, or.... ah, the list is endless

Love 'em or hate 'em

NEITHER, I just happen to know what he is really about

bodhitree
08-15-2007, 11:24 AM
yeah yeah I know I made a spelling error.....

at least I don't do Shaolin Do

yutyeesam
08-15-2007, 11:26 AM
I think this should be posted on this SD thread as well:

Listen, if someone wanted to combine southern mantis with Taekwondo (to pick a strange example of mixing stuff), Said "this is John Doe's new style" and was happy with it MORE POWER TO THEM

If, on the other hand, they called that creation "Choy Lay Fut" then you are gonna have a lot of people taking him to task

If he says the Taekwondo taegeuk forms he is doing are really ancient Ba Gua forms that everyone else has forgotten, well, some crap is gonna hit the rotary oscillator

If he gets a local sign company to put up a tin sign that says "Kansas City has voted John Doe the best martial artist in the universe".... I think you get the jist

I think this represents what many feel in the CMA community.

Shaolin Wookie
08-15-2007, 12:31 PM
And when our President tells us they hate us for our freedom.....

And when condoms tell me they're extra sensitive for my :rolleyes: and her pleasure.....

Dude, it's marketing. Get over it. What else is he going to call it? It has animal forms. It's from a Chinese guy who may or may not have learned from a hairy Shaolin dude in the mountains:D (who also traveled throughout China and Korea and probably picked up a thing or two before landing himself in Indonesia for killing, or not killing, some Reds, who passed it onto an Indonesian immigrant and his brother, both of whom attended U of Kentucky (not a shabby school) in America, and currently teach regular joes like you and me). Call it kung-fu....that's a pretty generic term. Call it karate, if you want. Still means the same thing, pretty much. Is it shaolin? Well, it has tigers, cranes, mantids.....

At one point it was called Shaolin karate. So maybe it's karate with a shaolin emphasis. Maybe karate was just more recognized then than kungfu (which wasn't really a popular term when he started teaching in that land of cultural awareness called Lexington KY:p).

All I can say is this: Arnold Schwartzennegger attended the opening of Sin The's sports complex. It might not have lasted that long, but the fact Arnold was there means something.......

I think it means that Sin The is actually an supremely intelligent and powerful android from the future who should be treated with the same respect as the President of the United States, or any foriegn dignitary, who can shape shift and climb up greasy poles without the use of his arms, swim with his pecs, and perform 900 forms in a row without a drink of water, a glance at notes, or a second's rest.

Long live Shaolin-Do! The most comprehensive martial art in this sector of the galaxy!

*Please note: these statements were not examined by the Food and Drug Administration of the United States.

The Willow Sword
08-15-2007, 12:33 PM
quoted by Shaolin Wookie

A jaded ex-student who's got a grudge because he lost an internet challenge match? Why, yes, it is something to think about......okay

when you have support and representation at the beginning of the challenge(reluctant support at that) but given nonetheless, and then at the last minute that support is withdrawn, im sure you would feel pretty foolish and let down putting your loyalty and faith, trust and MONEY into an organization that turns its back on you because the instructor lacks the real honor and integrity to back a LOYAL STUDENT when that student has backed them in their endeavors. Is it Jaded to start to listen to those detractors and do your own research and start to discover some things that leave you wondering "why did i ever fall into that"?

Shaolin wookie you have MUCH to learn about your own system and teachers. Not all of them are like the one i used to dedicate myself to, Foolishly i might add. From certain conversations i have had with KY SD'ers(whom i wont mention names) and those who used to be under that same instructor have had some similiar things to say about all the integrity and honor issues. It seems now that the integrity and honor has been replaced with an inflated ego topped off with escalating training fee's. Seems like it has become about the money now,in my and others opinions.
As for me i am through with it all, i asked my questions and put them to the Main Man Sin The' himself in a good manner(as one member on this forum will attest to) no response as of yet. As for the Austin SD school, could care less about it now, it is still close by though and i avoid it as much as possible.
There are Few i respect STILL in the SDA and those people are good people and will always remain so in my eyes(some here and others who i have chatted with in person and on this forum and havent met)

Peace,TWS

Shaolin Wookie
08-15-2007, 12:35 PM
where there's smoke, there's fire, we don't see threads like this about YC Wong, or Adam Hsu, or Shum Leung, or.... ah, the list is endless

You forgot sifu Rudy Abel, and yourself, good sir.

There's threads like that about you both. Not saying anything. Just pointing out the facts to keep us all honest. I'm willing to start one about myself, but it would just get ignored, so I'll keep on posting in SD threads so I don't develop an inferiority complex from the lack of attention.

Shaolin Wookie
08-15-2007, 12:44 PM
quoted by Shaolin Wookie

when you have support and representation at the beginning of the challenge(reluctant support at that) but given nonetheless, and then at the last minute that support is withdrawn, im sure you would feel pretty foolish and let down putting your loyalty and faith, trust and MONEY into an organization that turns its back on you because the instructor lacks the real honor and integrity to back a LOYAL STUDENT when that student has backed them in their endeavors. Is it Jaded to start to listen to those detractors and do your own research and start to discover some things that leave you wondering "why did i ever fall into that"?

Shaolin wookie you have MUCH to learn about your own system and teachers. Not all of them are like the one i used to dedicate myself to, Foolishly i might add. From certain conversations i have had with KY SD'ers(whom i wont mention names) and those who used to be under that same instructor have had some similiar things to say about all the integrity and honor issues. It seems now that the integrity and honor has been replaced with an inflated ego topped off with escalating training fee's. Seems like it has become about the money now,in my and others opinions.
As for me i am through with it all, i asked my questions and put them to the Main Man Sin The' himself in a good manner(as one member on this forum will attest to) no response as of yet. As for the Austin SD school, could care less about it now, it is still close by though and i avoid it as much as possible.
There are Few i respect STILL in the SDA and those people are good people and will always remain so in my eyes(some here and others who i have chatted with in person and on this forum and havent met)

Peace,TWS

TWS, I wasn't really digging at you....much.....LOL (just kiddin' around)....but seriously....

You don't buy integrity and you don't buy honesty. No matter which school you visit, you won't get them with your silk pyjamas or gi. They're not addends to a martial arts contract. No matter who you study under, you won't learn these things, and nobody can take them away.

I don't buy half the crap SD purports, and I don't have to. Personally, it's really not that big of a deal. Can I go there and train 4 hrs a day 6 days a week? Yup. Do I get better every time I step on the floor? Yup, even when I don't see it, myself. Do I spar with empty hand, staff, and sword (foam, of course)? Yup. Do I take it personally that some people don't like the grandmaster of said system? Nope.

There's a sifu who always says: "Respect at the door." It means he respects you for walking through that door, challenging yourself, pushing yourself, and improving your fitness, awareness, and memory.

He's an SD instructor. Go figure.

Then there are the SD guys that do have a kind of inferiority complex b/c of some unkind remarks from this great CMA community I keep hearing about (whihc only rallies as one in one circumstance--to lambaste Shaolin-Do, LOL, before returning to trashing each other in cyber-reality [hahaha]) and are always one step away from quitting and turning into detractors.

And then there's TTM......

Still don't get that one.......hehehe......

MasterKiller
08-15-2007, 01:31 PM
Do I get better every time I step on the floor?

Better at what...?

Shaolin Wookie
08-15-2007, 01:33 PM
Stepping out onto the floor, duh.......

kwaichang
08-15-2007, 01:43 PM
TWS has yet to ask GMT anything that I know of so yes he is a Liar in this case. And the jokers at Austin Kung Fu why do you go and challenge the sanmarcos teacher Sean and thin limp home. if you can You guys are all a joke THWY KC

lkfmdc
08-15-2007, 02:05 PM
You forgot sifu Rudy Abel, and yourself, good sir.

well Rudy Abel has nothing to do with this thread (yet, he finds ways to get into the worst of everything apparently)

But what about ME? Let's see, I am called a sell out because I don't "teach kung fu"? Yeah, I just teach people how to fight :rolleyes:

No one who is sane has evern questioned that I was a senior disciple of CTS, or that I have extensive TCMA credentials.... so whatever controversy may surround me (most of it is just the green eyed monster) I certainly don't have the long list of questions regarding my past and what I teach like "Sin" does

Judge Pen
08-15-2007, 02:09 PM
well Rudy Abel has nothing to do with this thread (yet, he finds ways to get into the worst of everything apparently)

But what about ME? Let's see, I am called a sell out because I don't "teach kung fu"? Yeah, I just teach people how to fight :rolleyes:

No one who is sane has evern questioned that I was a senior disciple of CTS, or that I have extensive TCMA credentials.... so whatever controversy may surround me (most of it is just the green eyed monster) I certainly don't have the long list of questions regarding my past and what I teach like "Sin" does

Actually, this thread started out having nothing to do with SD until you made a comment and kenpo schools whoese grandmaster was jojo purchasing steles at the temple. Then everything derailed from there.

lkfmdc
08-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Actually, this thread started out having nothing to do with SD until you made a comment and kenpo schools whoese grandmaster was jojo purchasing steles at the temple. Then everything derailed from there.

As I am sure you already know, having been here, threads on KFM "bleed" across lines, ie we have the original "Sin The is great, he's got 27 stone tablets" thread on the other forum at the same time, so it seemed natural enough to add... I don't hold my thoughts inside for fear of offending (in case you didn't already notice)

kwaichang
08-15-2007, 02:30 PM
Your thoughts are with out merit or basis of argument you say SKTJ was a figment of someones emagination etc well so was the so called history of your teacher but because he is clean shaven we should just accept that what he said was true right. do you ? maybe your teacher was a liar and all he did was study kung fu under someone and started to teach it. I find no honor of teaching someone how to fight with out the underlying reason for defending oneself. which you apparently have no grasp of. And as before you pass off a record that is a song as your fight record. you evade the question was the lead song I can teach but I cant do so I have no record. KC

Baqualin
08-15-2007, 02:45 PM
Stepping out onto the floor, duh.......

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!:):p;):eek::D:cool:
I really hope I get to meet you someday....Dinners on me!!
BQ

Baqualin
08-15-2007, 02:52 PM
Hey Guys..... What the Fuk...we got 3 threads going now...Thanks LMNOP & others for all the FREE advertising:D

The Willow Sword
08-15-2007, 07:46 PM
TWS has yet to ask GMT anything that I know of so yes he is a Liar in this case.

Im not a liar you moron. I wrote Sin The' a 2 page letter and included the pics of li po sui and the comparisons to su kong. The letter was done in a respectful manner and mailed to his home address(which BTW was given to me by a faithful SD'er). i havent recieved any response and i mailed it out quite a while ago. so before you go spouting "TWS is a liar" why dont you read some of the posts where i quite clearly say that i wrote a letter and mailed it off. jesus h christ KC.:rolleyes:

TWS.

P.S. if the one who gave said address wants to pm KC and let him KNOW that this is true and not a LIE then they may do so if they wish.

Shaolin Wookie
08-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Im not a liar you moron. I wrote Sin The' a 2 page letter and included the pics of li po sui and the comparisons to su kong. The letter was done in a respectful manner and mailed to his home address(which BTW was given to me by a faithful SD'er). i havent recieved any response and i mailed it out quite a while ago. so before you go spouting "TWS is a liar" why dont you read some of the posts where i quite clearly say that i wrote a letter and mailed it off. jesus h christ KC.:rolleyes:

TWS.

P.S. if the one who gave said address wants to pm KC and let him KNOW that this is true and not a LIE then they may do so if they wish.

Honestly, I don't think you'll get an answer. He gave you the information he had and believed. You didn't like it, and you didn't believe, were embarrassed by it, and left. What else is he going to give you? He gave you what he has.

It's really take it or leave it, and you left it.

TWS, as a completely unrelated thing, and in no way is this judgmental, just out of curiosity, what did you end up studying after the Do?

Judge Pen
08-16-2007, 07:39 AM

TWS.

I believe you. For the purpose of "documenting" everything neutrally will you post a copy of the letter? That way, if there is ever a response, a posted copy of the response can be provided and the documents can speak for themselves instead of a myriad of "interpretations."

Baqualin
08-16-2007, 09:06 AM
I believe WS sent the letter:))
BQ

The Willow Sword
08-16-2007, 03:10 PM
I believe you. For the purpose of "documenting" everything neutrally will you post a copy of the letter? That way, if there is ever a response, a posted copy of the response can be provided and the documents can speak for themselves instead of a myriad of "interpretations."

id rather not POST a copy of the letter in the forum as it brings up a couple of personal things. i would email it to you when i have a chance and i would trust that you not publicly display it.

look my issue with the austin school teacher is done with and has been for 4 years now. i only bring it up because shaolin wookie decided to have a go at the subject again and yet again i have to clarify things and make my opinions and what i know to be true CLEAR, so that there isnt any more BS interpretations about it. The anger and the bitterness comes and goes with me. As someone who wrote me recently " we all have our faults". i certainly admit to mine.

ive had too much time on my hands lately because i have been sick with a bad sinus infection, and when you are sitting around getting well the tendency to want to go to the KFM forums and poke around is too tempting to pass up. These threads are like Heroin. I need to join a support group to help deal with the fact that i have been addicted to KFM forums since 1995 when i first started posting here.:D:p;)

Peace,TWS

kwaichang
08-16-2007, 05:14 PM
Try 5 drops of Tea Tree oil in water in a glass bowl do this 2xper day for 2 weeks then 2x weekly following the antibiotics do not work just makes it worse I can explain why if you care heat the water for 3 minutes in a glass bowl then inhale through nose and mouth gently KC why dont you post the letter with the personal parts blacked out or edited?? I think you said asked him and that denotes personal appereance KC

Judge Pen
08-17-2007, 08:22 AM
[B]id rather not POST a copy of the letter in the forum as it brings up a couple of personal things. i would email it to you when i have a chance and i would trust that you not publicly display it.

If you asked me, I would not post it publically. But if he responds (big if granted) then shouldn't the answers be looked at in context? Regardless, that is for you to decide and I'll respect your privacy.

The Willow Sword
08-20-2007, 07:25 PM
Finally back at my computer and sent you the letter via email.

KC. I do regular Netty pots and have already done the tea tree oil treatments and they work fine. i also took a decent regimen of echinacea/goldenseal and was able to knock the sinus infection out in a few days.

Thats ALL for now,, Peace, TWS

Shaolin Wookie
08-25-2007, 03:13 AM
[B]look my issue with the austin school teacher is done with and has been for 4 years now. i only bring it up because shaolin wookie decided to have a go at the subject again and yet again i have to clarify things and make my opinions and what i know to be true CLEAR, so that there isnt any more BS interpretations about it.

Sorry, man. Sometimes I'm a d1ck, and I don't know it. Didn't mean to offend you or drive you to the defensive, but I can see how it could.

GeneChing
02-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Guolin testified in the Frank DeMaria case. We've been following DeMaria's case since last year. There are several posts on our Busted Martial Artists thread, beginning with this one (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1073524#post1073524).

Kung fu expert testifies: Students don't touch instructor (http://www.lohud.com/article/20120203/NEWS02/302030011/Kung-fu-expert-testifies-Students-don-t-touch-instructor)
12:49 AM, Feb. 3, 2012 |

A Buddhist fighting monk testifying at the sexual-abuse trial of Ossining kung fu master Frank DeMaria said his students are taught to hit the groin of an attacker but not to touch their instructor.

“I would not let them make contact with me,” said Shi Guo Lin, the head of the U.S. Shaolin Temple in New York City. “Every move, I explain how it would be applied.”

Guo Lin, who taught martial arts in China, was a defense witness Thursday in Westchester County Court, where DeMaria is facing felony sex charges. Four young girls alleged that they were instructed to fondle their 68-year-old instructor in class.

DeMaria, a retired Westchester County police officer who ran the American Center of Chinese Studies in Croton-on-Hudson, is accused of having the girls, ages 6 to 11, repeatedly grab and squeeze his groin between November 2009 and January 2011.

The move, called a “tiger claw,” is supposed to be a quick strike. But prosecutors say the girls were told to keep their hand on DeMaria’s genitals for a minute or two as he gyrated behind them. Two adult students reported his actions to police.

DeMaria is charged with two counts each of second-degree course of sexual conduct against a child and first-degree sexual abuse, all felonies, as well as four misdemeanor counts of child endangerment.

Guo Lin, one of the highest-ranked kung fu instructors in the nation, testified that he met DeMaria nearly 20 years ago and considers him a good friend. Photos of the pair and information about Guo Lin are featured on DeMaria’s website.

Wearing a traditional embroidered Chinese shirt and speaking through a Mandarin interpreter, Guo Lin said the “tiger claw” move was among the basic kung fu moves. He said young students may accidentally hit their instructors while practicing but are not taught to do it on purpose.

When asked if reaching behind and squeezing an attacker’s ***** was a legitimate kung fu move, he replied, “Each teacher teaches their own style.” However, he said holding the move for a minute was improper.

Under cross examination, DeMaria said he allowed children to practice groin strikes with him but maintained there was no direct contact. He said young students would sometimes hit his inner thigh or abdomen because “their accuracy is terrible.”

He told the jury that he was disgusted by the allegations of sexual abuse, which he described as “deplorable” and “revolting.”

When defense lawyer Andrew Quinn asked if any student ever held and squeezed his genitals, DeMaria replied, “That’s a privilege for my wife.”

All four girls testified against DeMaria, as did adult witnesses, police officers, a child sexual abuse expert and a Massachusetts martial arts instructor who disputed his methods.
I thought Guolin disrobed.

ShaolinDiva
02-06-2012, 10:17 AM
Guolin testified in the Frank DeMaria case. We've been following DeMaria's case since last year. There are several posts on our Busted Martial Artists thread, beginning with this one (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1073524#post1073524).

Thanks Gene. What is wrong with people? This dude, DeMaria was a cop too? . What the hell is wrong these guys? Sandusky, the elementary school teachers in Torrance that just got busted drugging 3rd graders for 20 years and now under the guise of freaking kung fu? Can't these guys just go and get a cheap prostitute or a quick cheapie massage for a happy ending? why must men continue to exploit young innocent people ? I just don't get how an errection can be suffice this behavior. sorry guys. just ****es me off.

BTW, yes, Guolin did disrobe but always a buddhist Shaolin monk at heart.

IronFist
02-21-2012, 11:21 AM

Does "disrobe" mean "not be a monk anymore" in this context?

Cuz if it means what it means in English then the story just gets weirder.

GeneChing
02-21-2012, 11:28 AM
But that is the proper term, IronFist. :o

Check out our 2010 Shaolin Special (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=892): Should Warrior Monks Disrobe? (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=900)

pazman
03-03-2012, 02:50 AM
“I would not let them make contact with me,” said Shi Guo Lin, the head of the U.S. Shaolin Temple in New York City. “Every move, I explain how it would be applied.”

I guess the second scandal in this story is Guolin doesn't really teach applications? I've never had a coach who felt that an explanation (without hands on demonstration) was sufficient. Are "no-contact" gongfu instruction the norm?:rolleyes:

GeneChing
03-05-2012, 10:13 AM
I've taken some lessons from Guolin over the years and he always taught applications. Of course, I always ask when something's unclear. Heck, I remember Guolin popping my chin pretty friggin' hard when demonstrating an armlock escape. He had me and one of my kung fu brothers both put him in arm locks at the same time and he wriggled free and elbowed me on the way out. My brother was all 'I heard that crack. I didn't know it was your jaw'.

GeneChing
07-01-2014, 08:25 AM
$25K+? Dang, that's a lot of lucky rocks. BTW, wanna buy some beads (http://www.martialartsmart.com/power-beads.html)? ;)

Fake Shaolin Monks arrested for Swindling (http://www.chinatopix.com/articles/3639/20140701/fake-shaolin-monks-arrested-swindling.htm)
Erika Villanueva | Jul 01, 2014 08:10 AM EDT

http://www.chinatopix.com//data/images/full/4617/shaolin-monk.jpg?w=600
(Photo : curezon.com)
Seven suspects were arrested after being caught impersonating monks and swindling over 160,000 yuan, or 25,787 dollars from over 100 tourists visiting the Shaolin Temple in Henan Province.

Dressed as Shaolin Temple Monks, the seven gave away stones claiming that they were lucky. After unsuspecting tourists accept the stones, the fake monks gave advices about the tourists' families based on ominous signs, saying that they have to give "donations" to get rid of the bad luck.

The local authorities collected seven notebooks from the suspects which contains their victims' record and personal information. According to police, the fake monks walk around far from the temple to avoid being busted by the real Shaolin monks.

Founded in the fifth century, the Shaolin Temple in Songshan, Henan Province have become famous for their history association with martial arts particularly Shaolin Kung Fu, attracting millions of tourists every year.

However, the local tourism has been defiled by acts of fraud allegedly related to Buddhism and the well-known Shaolin Kung Fu.

In an announcement released in 2010, the Shaolin Temple monks of Songshan have declared that they would not perform kung fu, tell fortunes, sell medicine and ask for money outside the temple grounds.

The term Shaolin came from "shao", refering to Shaoshi Mountain, one of the seven mountains comprising Songshan Mountain range where the Temple is situated, and "lin" which means "forest".

Faux Newbie
07-01-2014, 09:21 AM
When I visited the temple, there was a monk reading palms there. I don't recall him being far away from the temple. Far away from the temple is sort of the middle of nowhere, as I recall. I could be mistaken.

That said, my Chinese friends were the ones to point out to me that was happening. I think it's a case of, as long as they are hurting no one, it is okay. Obviously the behavior in the article above is problematic.

GeneChing
07-07-2014, 08:57 AM
Flushing. Long time Shaolin followers know Flushing. But I doubt this is result of that. I post it here just to show how ubiquitous scamming fake monks are. It's now a global phenomenon.

If He Walks and Talks Like a Monk, but Has His Hand Out ... (http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/06/nyregion/panhandlers-dressed-as-monks-confound-new-yorkers.html?_r=0)
Panhandlers Dressed as Monks Confound New Yorkers

By JOSEPH GOLDSTEIN and JEFFREY E. SINGERJULY 5, 2014

In Times Square, amid the dozens of Elmos, Mickey Mouses and superheroes who work the crowds for loose bills, new costumed characters have come to seek their fortunes.

They are mostly men of Chinese descent, with shaved heads, beatific smiles and flowing robes of orange, but sometimes brown or gray. They follow a similar script: Offering wishes of peace and a shiny amulet, they solicit donations from passers-by, often reinforcing their pitch by showing a picture of a temple for which the money seems to be intended. Then they open a notebook filled with the names of previous donors and the amounts given.

The men appear to be Buddhist monks; a smaller number of similarly dressed women say they are Taoist nuns.

No one seems to know who they really are or where they come from. The police have taken no official stance, stepping in only when the monks become aggressive. Various Buddhists have confronted the men, asking about their affiliation or quizzing them about the religion’s precepts. The men remain silent or simply walk away.

They have become ubiquitous — so much so that the Naked Cowboy, the Times Square performer whose real name is Robert Burck, now simply refers to them as “co-workers.”

“They’re littered all over,” he said.

Even in New York, where people soliciting money are practically a tourist attraction, these monks tend to stand out, both for their attire and for their sense of entitlement. They offer the amulet and, in some cases, a bracelet; if they are not satisfied with the donation, they unabashedly demand $20 or more.

This year, the police have arrested at least nine people who have presented themselves as monks, mostly on charges of aggressive begging or unlicensed vending.

But merely begging in the streets is not against the law. The police have largely left these men alone, to the consternation of Buddhist leaders in New York’s Chinese neighborhoods, who portray them as nothing more than beggars who undermine Buddhists’ credibility.

“They are damaging the reputation of real monks and damaging the reputation of Buddhists in America,” said Shi Ruifa, a monk in Brooklyn who is president of a confederation of nearly 50 temples.

Similarly attired men have attracted scrutiny around the world. They are a familiar presence in Australia, where the authorities heralded their reappearance in Sydney with a press statement, “Bogus Buddhists Are Back.” They have also been seen in Canada and New Zealand. In Hong Kong, their presence has merited a Facebook page, Fake Monks in Hong Kong. Overall, there have been few arrests, though the authorities in China recently arrested seven men dressed as Shaolin Temple monks on charges of swindling $26,000 from tourists.

In Toronto, the police received reports a year ago of monks asking for money and threatening to put a hex on those who did not donate, according to Constable Victor Kwong, a spokesman for the Toronto Police Service.

Toronto, like New York, prohibits aggressive panhandling. Although “people thought they were being duped,” Constable Kwong noted, “nothing is illegal about walking around dressed like a monk.” No arrests were made.
Continue reading the main story

In New York, the men have inspired a Fake Monks in New York City page on Facebook, documenting its subjects’ whereabouts, from Central Park to the city’s Chinese neighborhoods, where local monks have mostly driven them away. Last year, Mr. Shi confronted a man in orange robes in Sunset Park, Brooklyn, and quizzed him on the Five Precepts of Buddhism.

The man “didn’t know even one,” he said.

In another exchange, Harry Leong, a practicing Buddhist for 25 years, said he respectfully asked a robed man in Times Square for his religious name and temple.

“He did not give me any direct answer, even after I repeated the same questions to him several times,” Mr. Leong recalled. “I then asked him if he was a fraud, and he ran away from me.”

In interviews, the robed men were evasive about where they were from and generally refused to answer any questions about their background, temple or training. They tended to speak little English, favoring Mandarin, with accents hinting of provinces all across China.

One woman dressed as a nun said her temple was in Taiwan, but declined to give specifics.

“I cannot tell you where my temple is,” answered another woman dressed as a nun, who said her family name was Lin and that people called her Little Lin. “I won’t tell you. But it’s not that I don’t have a temple.” At another point, she grabbed at the sleeves of her robe and said, “If I didn’t have a temple, why would I be dressed like this?”

Another man dressed as a monk, eating a hot dog while three topless women and a Spider-Man nearby posed for pictures with tourists, defended his actions. “I’m not a terrorist,” he said in Mandarin. “I’m not an outlaw, I’m not a thief.”

With that, he got up and began walking toward the subway, saying, “I’m going back to Flushing.”

On another afternoon, a mustard-robed man, apparently finished with his solicitations for the day, headed to the restroom at Bryant Park, emerging minutes later in street clothes, his robe apparently packed in a leather bag.

He eventually boarded a No. 7 train to Flushing, Queens, which has a large Chinese population. There, he and another man bought a $12.99 jug of red wine and repaired to a flophouse that caters to recent immigrants.

Begging is an important ritual among Buddhist monks: A begging bowl is one of the few possessions allowed, typically used to collect food.

“Aggressive begging is utterly unheard-of in the Buddhist tradition,” said Robert Buswell, director of the Center for Buddhist Studies at the University of California, Los Angeles. The monks typically do not even acknowledge the offering.

“No thanks given, no or very little eye contact with the donor and certainly no active solicitation of donations, no requests for money and no selling of amulets or rosaries,” Professor Buswell added.

That was not the behavior of Wang Rongzeng, 64, who was charged with aggressive begging after a New York police officer observed him demanding cash in exchange for bracelets, according to records of a January court hearing. At the time, Mr. Wang told the judge that he intended to return to China in time for the Lunar New Year, then two weeks away. He was arrested again last month in a similar episode.

On a recent Saturday, two women dressed in gray robes and beige baseball caps successfully solicited donations along Fifth Avenue near Herald Square in Manhattan. Ali Sawab, 47, in town on business, had just left a Burger King when one of the women offered him a shiny amulet card with the words “Work Smoothly, Lifetime Peace” on one side and the likeness of Guanyin, the Bodhisattva of Compassion, on the other.

She then gently slipped a bracelet onto Mr. Sawab’s wrist. “For luck,” she repeated as she caressed his arm. But after he gave her a dollar, the woman took back the amulet card.

Mr. Sawab said he assumed the women were inauthentic. “This is New York,” he said. “People just don’t go around touching each other.”

And now it can be difficult for authentic monks to walk around in Midtown without drawing negative attention.

Puttar Chansomboon, a 32-year-old monk from Thailand, had his recent sightseeing trip in Times Square interrupted by a man hawking tickets for a bus tour. The man, seeing Mr. Chansomboon dressed in an intricately wrapped yellow robe, did not ask whether he was interested in the bus tour.

As Mr. Chansomboon recalled, “The guy was asking, ‘Are you the same monks who are smoking and begging?’ ”

Emily S. Rueb contributed reporting.

A version of this article appears in print on July 6, 2014, on page A1 of the New York edition with the headline: If He Walks and Talks Like a Monk, but Has His Hand Out .... Order Reprints|Today's Paper|Subscribe

GeneChing
11-06-2014, 09:38 AM
More controversy on Guolin. Such a shame. He was my friend. :o

Shaolin Kung Fu Instructors Shouldn't Get Paid, Temple Argues (http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20141106/flushing/offshoot-of-famed-shaolin-temple-underpaid-kung-fu-instructors-state-says)
By James Fanelli on November 6, 2014 7:30am

http://assets.dnainfo.com/generated/photo/2014/11/guolinshi5-1415215162.jpg/extralarge.jpg
The head of the Queens-based Shaolin Temple is in a legal battle with the state Department of Labor, which determined that the group underpaid kung fu instructors. Shaolin Temple Owes Kung Fu Instructors Cash, State Says

FLUSHING — The Queens outpost of China's famed Shaolin Temple owes its kung fu instructors a fistful of dollars in back wages, state investigators say — but the martial arts group's grandmaster wants to kick the charges to the curb.

The State Department of Labor found Grandmaster Guolin Shi and the Flushing-based Society of Shaolin Temple guilty of underpaying two live-in instructors, Chao Gong Sun and Chao Hai Lan, and ordered them to pay more than $72,000 in back wages and $54,000 in civil penalties.

But the temple challenged that decision last month in a legal filing, saying its instructors were religious members of the Shaolin Temple practicing Buddhism and were not employees subject to the state's minimum wage laws.

"They are disciples of the senior monks like Guolin Shi who use their time to practice Zen Buddhism," the filings says.

"The Shaolin Temple is a sanctuary according to the traditions of Zen Buddhism. Those invited to live in the temple may provide some work or service for a few hours a day but, most of the time, these individuals review and recite Buddhist literature, practice Shaolin Kung Fu or engage in meditation."

Shi became a monk after studying for years at the original Shaolin Temple in the Henan province of China. The monastery, where monks practice Buddhism and kung fu, has been mythologized in pop culture through martial arts flicks and the songs of the Staten Island-based rap group Wu-Tang Clan.

Shi was encouraged by the headmaster of the Shaolin Temple in China to open a U.S. branch because he thought New Yorkers "would benefit from the practice of kung fu because it would enable them to become more understanding of themselves and experience enhanced tranquility," the filing says.

After he opened the U.S. branch, the Shaolin Temple Overseas, in Flushing in 1995, Shi invited monks and kung fu masters from the Chinese monastery to stay at the Queens location for periods of time to teach martial arts classes and in return receive room, board and a monthly stipend of $600 to $800.

He later launched a kung fu studio in Nolita.

The wage dispute began in 2007, when the state Department of Labor received an anonymous letter "alleging the existence of certain unlawful employment practices at the Shaolin Temple," the court filing says.

Jonathan Gould, a lawyer for Shi and the Shaolin Society, told DNAinfo New York the anonymous letter followed the 2007 suicide of a monk connected to the temple.

"There were rumors going around that he was abused by the temple," Gould said. "The anger that grew out of that event led to this ill-considered Department of Labor Investigation."

In 2010 the DOL determined that the Queens temple owed 11 kung fu instructors — who all came from China — nearly $777,000 in back wages, civil penalties and damages.

Shi and the Shaolin Society later appealed DOL's determination to the state Industrial Board of Appeals, arguing that the instructors were religious members exempt from the state's labor laws and had only been in the United States on a cultural exchange.

In an Aug. 7, 2014 decision, the Industrial Board of Appeals ruled that the Shaolin Society didn't owe back wages to five of the instructors because they were found to be monks — and therefore religious members.

The board said that four other instructors couldn't collect back wages as well because the DOL could not provide a rational basis for calculating the amount of hours they worked.

The board's decision upheld the $72,000 in back wages and $54,000 in penalties were owed to instructors Sun and Lan.

But Shi and Shaolin's Oct. 8 filing says that Sun and Lan were also disciples of the temple and should also be excluded from wage laws.

"It was an arbitrary conclusion that they weren’t considered monks or members of the religious organization," Gould said.

The filing also says that if a judge won't throw out the wage claims, then the monetary amount should at least be lowered because Lan only worked for the Shaolin Society for a year — not for five years, as the DOL investigation determined.

Gould said the DOL investigation was "a big waste of time" because Sun and Lan didn't make the wage claims and have stated they don't want the money. However, New York law allows the DOL to make claims for individuals. If the workers don't take the money, the state can claim it.

Neither Sun nor Lan could be reached for comment.

sha0lin1
11-06-2014, 11:40 AM
Unfortunately this is not an isolated case. Seems like this has been going on since Songshan Shaolin first came to our shores.

GeneChing
11-06-2014, 12:46 PM
Shaolin has been a controversial temple surrounded by scandals for over 4 centuries. Perhaps more, depending upon how you want to define 'scandalous'. ;)

GeneChing
04-09-2015, 07:55 AM
Shaolin abbot promises regulation after donation scandal (http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/916056.shtml)
Source:Xinhua Published: 2015-4-9 21:40:06

Shaolin Abbot Shi Yongxin has promised to instill stronger monastic principles in the Buddhist institution's monks after one reportedly forced a donor to increase the size of a donation.

A media report claiming a journalist was forced by a Shaolin monk to donate 100 yuan instead of 20 yuan has stirred massive criticism on social media.

Shi said the temple "will prop up teachings and make sure every monk is better guided".

Each donation must be voluntary and it is not the temple's policy to ask for a certain amount, according to the abbot.

Shi, known as the "CEO monk", has courted controversy for developing business operations including lucrative kungfu shows and merchandise. In March, he was moved to distance the temple from media criticism claiming a planned Australian outpost would be over-commercialized.

I would love to know more details on this donation strong-arming.

curenado
04-09-2015, 08:20 AM
Ahahaha "the Tong!"

You get something the size of a monster like they have going and it's kind of like a city then...little harder to control and make the better look of.

Guess it's polite to restrict it to one or two chuckles (hahaha)

GeneChing
11-03-2015, 11:57 AM
I just heard about a rather old skool Shaolin 'sign-breaking' scuffle. May just be a rumor, but the source is one of my top ninjas for such things. If true, a lawsuit may be impending, at which point it should become public record, and we can discuss it openly here. Until then, if anyone knows anything more and wants to discuss it confidentially, I'm all ears.

GeneChing
07-31-2019, 08:51 AM
Gang led by former Shaolin monk busted (http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1159874.shtml)
By Zhang Han Source:Global Times Published: 2019/7/31 20:33:56

http://www.globaltimes.cn/Portals/0/attachment/2019/2019-07-31/eb832da4-1dda-481c-9714-92dbad86c9b5.jpeg
Shaolin Temple in Dengfeng, Central China's Henan Province Photo: VCG

Police in Central China have caught 16 gangsters led by a former monk reportedly from Shaolin Temple and will invite the public to share their insights into the gang's crimes at a public meeting on Thursday.

Police in the city of Yanshi, Henan Province issued a notice Tuesday, saying they had busted a gang led by Shi Yongxu. The police invited residents to come and identify their crimes at the meeting.

A police officer responsible for this case told the Global Times Wednesday that serious criminals had been detained including Shi.

"The meeting aims to encourage residents to provide more clues as some insignificant figures in the gang are still at large," the officer said. He declined to be fully named and refused to disclose what kind of crime the gang members had committed.

Shi was born in Henan in 1969 and has attended events as the deputy head of Buddhist Association of Yanshi and member of the Yanshi committee of Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference, according to The Beijing News.

In a report by China News Service in 2017, Shi is the 33rd generation of Shaolin discipline and was in charge of kung fu monks.

Shi used to run a shop in the temple after becoming a monk, but he was not a master, a staff member at Shaolin Temple told The Beijing News. The article did not name the staff member.

Shi left the temple in the 1990s. No other monks followed him, said the staff member.

China launched a three-year campaign in early 2018 against gangs and organized crimes, which also targeted officials who shelter criminal organizations.

THREADS
Shaolin Scandals (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?47568-Shaolin-Scandals)
Buddhists behaving badly (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?68723-Buddhists-behaving-badly)

GeneChing
08-01-2019, 10:50 AM
15 hours
Self-Proclaimed Shaolin Master Arrested as Gang Leader (http://www.sixthtone.com/ht_news/1004376/self-proclaimed-shaolin-master-arrested-as-gang-leader)
Authorities in central China’s Henan province have arrested a criminal gang led by a man who claims to have trained Shaolin monks, according to an official statement (https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MzI2MTUyNjAwMg==&mid=2247489852&idx=1&sn=465861f9fa7d9fa203ddb24acf7d1229&chksm=ea5841a1dd2fc8b77578cf15a454d761c574973e19e7 b9bf677258af580bda7ddec98767ca85&mpshare=1&scene=1&srcid=&sharer_sharetime=1564558553917&sharer_shareid=78c6c5bc243e491e82820f549720a5cc&pass_ticket=Ci7gaZNGBwBx%2BeCYOYEYE5%2Bglns3Qn8xCz kmZLSlIHRIuozQKi0Q3Lw95i%2F6PJUj#rd) released Tuesday.

Luoyang City police say they arrested 16 suspects in Yanshi, another city, earlier that day for their alleged involvement in a range of illegal activities, including blackmail and extortion. Among those taken into custody is the gang’s leader, who police identified as Shi Yongxu.

Shi claimed to have once trained Shaolin monks and even declared himself to be the heir apparent to the abbacy of the renowned Songshan Shaolin Temple, according to domestic outlet The Beijing News (http://www.bjnews.com.cn/news/2019/07/30/609624.html). However, a temple staff member has denied Shi’s claims, insisting that he only worked as a clerk at the temple’s souvenir shop.

The same staff member also told The Beijing News that Shi had left his job at the store 20 years earlier, and that the other suspects had never been associated with the temple. (Image: Weibo)

http://image5.sixthtone.com/image/5/19/396.jpg

The official statement (https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MzI2MTUyNjAwMg==&mid=2247489852&idx=1&sn=465861f9fa7d9fa203ddb24acf7d1229&chksm=ea5841a1dd2fc8b77578cf15a454d761c574973e19e7 b9bf677258af580bda7ddec98767ca85&mpshare=1&scene=1&srcid=&sharer_sharetime=1564558553917&sharer_shareid=78c6c5bc243e491e82820f549720a5cc&pass_ticket=Ci7gaZNGBwBx%2BeCYOYEYE5%2Bglns3Qn8xCz kmZLSlIHRIuozQKi0Q3Lw95i%2F6PJUj#rd):

公 告

近期,洛阳市公安局牵头侦办偃师市以释永旭为首的涉黑恶犯罪团伙,抓获团伙成员16名。现定于2019年8 月1日上午9时30分,在偃师市召开释永旭涉黑恶犯罪团伙主要成员公开指认现场揭发检举动员大会,届时将在 大口镇大街(镇政府南100米)设主会场,并押解犯罪嫌疑人进行公开指认犯罪现场活动,请广大群众前往参加 。

举报电话:13592059700 高警官

15838836110 李警官

偃师市公安局

2019年7月30日
googtrans

Public notice

Recently, the Luoyang Municipal Public Security Bureau took the lead in investigating the black criminal gangs headed by Shi Yongxu, and arrested 16 members of the gang. It is scheduled to be held at 9:30 am on August 1, 2019, and the main members of Shi Yongxu’s black criminal gang will be openly identified in Yanshi City to publicly identify the on-site prosecution mobilization meeting, which will be held in Dakou Town Street (100 meters south of the town government). The main venue is set up, and the suspects are escorted to publicly identify the crime scene activities, and the masses are invited to participate.

Reporting number: 13592059700 High police officer

15838836110 Officer Li

Yanshi City Public Security Bureau

July 30, 2019

THREADS
Shaolin Scandals (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?47568-Shaolin-Scandals)
Buddhists behaving badly (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?68723-Buddhists-behaving-badly)

GeneChing
08-12-2019, 09:11 AM
Shi Yongxu deserves his own thread (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?71428-Shi-Yongxu-busted) now.

Former Shaolin monk, 15 associates arrested on suspicion of gang activity (http://www.ecns.cn/news/2019-08-07/detail-ifzmsrxe1264703.shtml)
1 2019-08-07 10:44:39 China Daily Editor : Li Yan

A group of 16 people, including their leader, a former monk from Shaolin Temple, were arrested recently on suspicion of gang-related crimes in Central China's Henan province amid an ongoing crackdown against organized offenses nationwide.

Police in Yanshi, Henan, issued a statement recently that they had busted the gang, led by Shi Yongxu, on allegations of fighting, illegal detention, blackmail and disturbing public order.

Details about the case, including specifics of the gang's crimes, have not been revealed by police.

The statement quickly aroused public attention, and information about Shi-that he was among the 33rd generation of monks studying the Shaolin discipline and in charge of the kung fu monks at the Shaolin Temple-hit Chinese media headlines.

Some media also said Shi attended events as vice-president of the Buddhist Association of Yanshi and member of the Yanshi committee of Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference.

Late on July 30, the Shaolin Temple-located at the foot of the province's Songshan Mountain and regarded as the cradle of Chinese kung fu-issued a declaration on its website, clarifying Shi as a monk in the 1980s who had left the temple on his own in 2003.

"Shi's activities have nothing to do with the temple, and we have never had a title called kung fu monk," the declaration added.

On July 31, the Buddhist Association of Yanshi also issued a statement via the city's website, saying they have removed Shi from positions at the association and dismissed him as abbot of Hongjiang Temple in the province, considering his suspected offenses.

A staff member of the Shaolin Temple also told Beijing News that Shi used to run a shop in the temple after becoming a monk, but he was not a master.

Huaxi Metropolis Daily, a newspaper based in Sichuan province, reported Shi was involved in several major cases. For example, it said Shi blackmailed a house owner and urged him to pay fees for what he claimed were house repairs.

A senior monk in the Shaolin Temple also told the newspaper that Shi still occupied four main halls, even though he left the temple.

"He asked the temple to give him 3 million yuan ($427,000) as compensation for moving out of the halls, but the temple refused to do that," the paper quoted the monk as saying.

The halls were cleaned up when newspaper staff went to the temple on Saturday.

All the information reported by the paper has not been verified by the police.

China launched a three-year campaign in early 2018 against organized crime, which also targeted officials who shelter criminal organizations.

Beijing courts released a statement saying they convicted 271 people for their involvement in 65 organized crime cases from January last year to the end of June, 46 of whom were sentenced to more than five years' imprisonment.

THREADS

GeneChing
04-09-2024, 09:49 AM
GERMAN AND CANADIAN ARE ARRESTED TEACHING SHAOLIN COURSE IN KOH PHANGAN (https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2024/04/01/german-and-canadian-are-arrested-teaching-shaolin-course-in-koh-phangan/)
By Khaosod English - April 1, 2024 4:37 pm

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/shaolin2-696x428.jpg
A class called The Shaolin Experience was held on March 29, 2024.
KOH PHANGAN – Tourist Police, the Koh Phangan District Administrative Officer, and Immigration Police arrested Mr. Somphet, 37, of German nationality, and Ms.Arbely Natalie, 34, of Canadian nationality, at Samma Karuna, Village No. 8, Koh Phangan Subdistrict, Koh Phangan District, Surat Thani Province. They were charged with working without a permit.

The Koh Phangan Tourist Police had previously received a complaint regarding a yoga practice organised by foreigners. Mr. Somphet would give a class called The Shaolin Experience on March 29 from 2:00-5:00 p.m., as publicised on social media through the Samma Karuna Facebook fan page.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/shaolin1-576x1024.jpg
Mr. Somphet leads the group to practice in the Shaolin Experience course on March 29, 2024.

Later, at 2:10 p.m., officers came to Samma Karuna and spotted a group of foreigners engaged in activities similar to Chinese boxing dancing and muscular stretching, with Mr. Somphet leading the group and teaching various postures. The appearance is the same as the complaint image. Therefore, the officers introduced themselves and apprehended him.

Mr. Somphet stated that he teaches the Shaolin Experience course. The cost is 9,000 baht per person, and it was scheduled to take place on March 28 and 29 from 8:00 to 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 to 5:00 p.m.

Samma Karuna Co., Ltd., the company that hired them to teach at this location, will divide the costs. He will receive 60% of the total money per individual, which is equivalent to 5,400 baht, while the employer, Samma Karuna Company Limited, must distribute the other 40%, which is roughly 3,600 baht, equally.

Mr. Somphet was also discovered to have overstayed in Thailand for over 34 days. As a result, he will be sent back to his home country.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/shaolin3.jpg
Ms.Arbely Natalie and Mr. Sompet were charged with “being an alien working without a work permit.” 9000 baht = $247.21 USD