PDA

View Full Version : Techniques

Daedalus
05-29-2001, 10:41 PM
I have noticed alot of people on this forum feel that JKD and wing chun are some how or another inseparable. Well I'm not going to try and argue that because that has been done and re-done on this forum many times.

What I would like to discuss are those techniques and/or concepts that many of you have adapted, from other sources, to your personal art (your JKD). Be specific please.

One of the most recent things that I have been working on are supported kicks. That's a kick that is executed while you hold onto something else for stability. You can even just plant a hand on the ground. I learned it from some capoeira guys. It seems to work fairly well.

[This message was edited by Daedalus on 05-30-01 at 01:48 PM.]

rogue
05-30-2001, 03:55 AM
Right now my personel JKD consists of a TKD (old shotokan descended style) base. To that I've incorporated hand techniques from Isshinryu, standup and ground grappling from my JJJ days and Muay Thai clinches and elbows. I'm still working on the ground fighting part, but I'm combining the ground strikes from Isshinryu, the kicks from the ground from TKD and the basic GJJ that I learned a couple of years back, I need a refresher though. Footwork is based on the tai sabaki found in karate.

Adventure is just a romantic name for trouble. It sounds swell when you write about it, but it's hell when you meet it face to face in a dark and lonely place.
Louis L'Amour

Grappling-Insanity
05-30-2001, 07:52 AM
Use Muay Thai striking, especially there leg kicks. Also eye jabs and knee's to the groin. And for ground I use a mixture of Wrestling (SMALL AMOUNT), Judo, and BJJ.