PDA

View Full Version : Cement Psychology-ouch

Black Jack II
08-14-2007, 07:29 AM
Here is a good example of why trying to grapple on cement is not always a good idea for those that advocate it in a proactive manner, either that or its a example of sport combative psychology not mixing well in this case with a out of the ring situation. Yes, there is no broken glass, no needles, nothing of that sort, but....there is cement.

btw, this is from a show we may of all seen, and don't you just love the guys face when his head hits the ground, and he starts *****ing but only a second before he was trying to break the other guys arm.

http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/1187061275/Raw_Footage_from_Fight_on_Ultimate_Fighter_5

The Xia
08-14-2007, 10:44 AM
The silence is deafening. :D

David Jamieson
08-14-2007, 10:55 AM
well, you could know that cement hurts bad simply by watching either jack ass one or jack ass two

i think it's a no brainer that if you get tossed onto the concrete you will be hurt unless your tumbling skills are the AW350|\/|3!!!!!

Knifefighter
08-14-2007, 10:57 AM
What that is a good example of is how easy it is to end up on the ground during scrambles... even when no one purposely is trying to take the fight to the ground.

It is also a good example of why you should never go up with a guy who stands from your guard- either let go of the arm bar and transition to another move such as a leg lock or hook the leg if the opponent stands up.

sanjuro_ronin
08-14-2007, 10:59 AM
Here is a good example of why trying to grapple on cement is not always a good idea for those that advocate it in a proactive manner, either that or its a example of sport combative psychology not mixing well in this case with a out of the ring situation. Yes, there is no broken glass, no needles, nothing of that sort, but....there is cement.

btw, this is from a show we may of all seen, and don't you just love the guys face when his head hits the ground, and he starts *****ing but only a second before he was trying to break the other guys arm.

http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/1187061275/Raw_Footage_from_Fight_on_Ultimate_Fighter_5

Silly kids.
It was a lowlight in that season, truly the only one I cared about was Joe, but I am bias so...

I am hoping that it was the boozes that impaired the judgement of the guy who kept trying to work from the guard and kept getting dropped on his head.

WinterPalm
08-14-2007, 11:08 AM
Silly kids.
It was a lowlight in that season, truly the only one I cared about was Joe, but I am bias so...

I am hoping that it was the boozes that impaired the judgement of the guy who kept trying to work from the guard and kept getting dropped on his head.

What are you talking about? That was the best part of every season combined!:D

sanjuro_ronin
08-14-2007, 11:10 AM
MMA alreadys has a "tough guy" syndrome with too much hype from the fighters and not enough substance, it would eb great for them to focus on the talented ones and NOT have them have to hype themselves with big mouths and crappy attitudes, especially since they are such nice kids anyways.