PDA

View Full Version : Kung fu in Chengdu?

joanmun
08-16-2007, 06:57 AM
Hello,

I have been practising Chan family Choy Lee Fut for few years and I'm going to Chengdu next october to study chinnese, does anyone know a good place to practise kung fu there? preferently Choy Lee Fut. I know Chan family isn't very popular in China, but Chengdu is near emei mount and it's a three million people city, so there are supposed to be many masters that tech their art, even at ignorant occidental foreigners like me...

Many thanks.

unkokusai
08-16-2007, 07:16 AM
More importantly, in Chengdu you can find lots of great spicy food and cute girls.

Satori Science
08-16-2007, 09:16 AM
I'll email my thesis advisor and ask her to look, she is a visitng scholar there for the summer. PM me in a day or two.

:D

BruceSteveRoy
08-17-2007, 08:09 AM
i have been told that the most beautiful women in china are from chengdu. so have fun. :D

i have a friend that lives there and i will ask her if she knows anything. she used to study contemporary wushu and its a bit hard to explain to her that i am looking for traditional martial arts bc they think modern wushu is traditional. but i will see what i can find out.

joanmun
08-18-2007, 08:42 AM
unkokusai said: More importantly, in Chengdu you can find lots of great spicy food and cute girls.

Yeah, yeah, good, good... But if in addition I could practice some kind of kungfu it would be great. Thank you for asking.

Ben Gash
08-18-2007, 09:54 AM
PM Gene, he's got good Emei contacts.

taaigihk
08-19-2007, 08:59 AM
Hi,

a good friend of mine studied in Chengdu '93 to '95.

For some time he was learning traditional kungfu - Hongquan, not Hunggar, but I cannot recall the character of this Hung, in the area of Jiuyanqiao (九眼桥). This teacher was already in his eighties then, so he may have retired or passed away, but you can try to find this place, maybe someone has taken over, or at least knows where to train.