PDA

View Full Version : Most pathetic fight ever (vid)

IronFist
08-16-2007, 05:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj771GHu4c0

Chosen-frozen
08-16-2007, 05:52 PM
Okay, so alot of people don`t know how to fight. So what?:confused:

lkfmdc
08-16-2007, 06:17 PM
I've seen like 50 fights that looked exactly like that, a few involved "instructors" of various "martial arts".....

sanjuro_ronin
08-17-2007, 04:52 AM
Holy crap, for the first time ever I must say this:

That guy should have trained how to counter a LUNGE PUNCH !
:eek:

5Animals1Path
08-17-2007, 04:55 AM
I like how the one guy holds his hands up.

"What? You want so more of the fact that I obviously think I'm winning, even though I can't really seem to hurt you, and you clearly lack almost any ability to defend yourself against anything smarter then an inbred koala?"

Pork Chop
08-20-2007, 12:52 PM
I'm sorry, i've been thinking of this for weeks and I'm still going to have to go with this, based solely on one person's performance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH13kYFzfFk

David Jamieson
08-20-2007, 03:05 PM
wow, that wing chun 3 star drill sucked ass and sucked it bad. that was the weakest of the weak in 3 star drills i've ever seen. all but useless and certainly not lending to any sort of arm conditioning whatsoever.

I give that vid 3 gheys out of 5

Becca
08-21-2007, 06:24 AM
You know, after seeing that, I can see why some people on this board assume TCMA drills are useless. They looked like they were playing patty cake...:(

sanjuro_ronin
08-21-2007, 06:57 AM
I'm sorry, i've been thinking of this for weeks and I'm still going to have to go with this, based solely on one person's performance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH13kYFzfFk

From what I remember, it was rumored that they were a "set-up" to make the JMA look good.
I don't know if that was indeed the case, but Oyama liked to pull little stunts like that so I would put it pass him.

Dragonzbane76
08-22-2007, 08:16 AM
that was ridiculous in that vid. why didn't they just hold hands and go in the other room while they were at it? Form he was doing looked like he was preparing to wipe his butt. Sloppy, nothing to represent power.

jet64
09-19-2007, 10:47 PM
You know, after seeing that, I can see why some people on this board assume TCMA drills are useless. They looked like they were playing patty cake...:(

That stupid guy has no right to enter in competition. theres no power in his fist. I hate this guys dragging TCMA down with their poor skills.

ShaolinWood
10-02-2007, 01:51 AM
mmm pity I couldn't see that clip, was removed. But in my oppinion this is the worst fight ever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVln3QhYCUc

If anyone can single-handedly shame chinese martial arts it would be the guy in red.
(The funniest thing is he won the fight)

HOKPAIWES
10-02-2007, 06:21 AM
mmm pity I couldn't see that clip, was removed. But in my oppinion this is the worst fight ever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVln3QhYCUc

If anyone can single-handedly shame chinese martial arts it would be the guy in red.

I dunno there. . He got thru the fight w/o being touched/hit and used classic movements and controlling distance to do it. He may just be a sloppy kid but **** if his fist hook/chow choi didn't yield him a KO. I say this is an example of someone trying to fight with what they train and getting viable results from it.

bodhitree
10-02-2007, 06:53 PM

that's about the oldest video on the internet

hskwarrior
10-03-2007, 07:49 AM
hey folks, i've laughed at that video as well..........

personally, i wouldn't have gotten down like the gung fu man, people don't need to know i know gung fu until its too late........

anyways, what MANY of you are failing to see, is the everytime the wankster threw a punch the gung fu guy sidestepped, each and every single time making the wankster change his direction at least 3 times. for that i applaud the gung fu man because i always tell my students about guys who commit to just one punch like the wankster.

stupid fight, but good for the whiteboy, who was probably getting punked by the cholo dude before cholo dude met floor.

ShaolinWood
10-03-2007, 10:59 AM
hehe Cholo dude...
OK maybe I was a little rough on the guy. I'm just a bit upset about people giving gongfu such a bad name by pretending to be "masters".
This guy probably did a week or so's training at a longfist/hungar school and thought he'd show everyone his new moves.

I just feel its general bad practice to show your opponent what you know, as hskwarrior said don't let him know till it's too late. Rather let your opponent underestimate you, or better, let him know you don't want trouble and don't want to fight. keep your hands up just for in case and then use technique when it gets to that point. But if you step into your Charlies-Angels-wanabe-gongfu-stance you're letting everyone know that you're now going to open a can of whoopass and the attacker automatically get's ready to fight you.

Luckily the cholo dude (new word I learned here hehe) wasn't much of a threat after all. And gongfu guy saved face.

But I apologise if I offended anyone, I just came across a lot of gongfu criticism on the net lately because of people "representing" styles that should rather be playing king of fighters on ps3...

hskwarrior
10-03-2007, 01:45 PM
hey thats cool, you remembered something i've said in the past;)

but yeah, i can tell the gung fu guy had no real street fighting experience, and yeah, i've clowned him in the past, but i paused move for move during the video, and you can see him side step one punch and the cholo dude went in the direction, he then had to change directions everytime time the gung fu geek did what he did.

anyways, yeah thats my philosophy, let them think i'm some slow fat guy......haha.....okay!!!!!! then oops, how'd you end up on the ground homie?????:confused:

then just keep going whistlin' some cool track in my head......

hskwarrior
10-03-2007, 01:51 PM
hey let me tell you something, even gung fu people know there are gung fu quacks out there.........

some of us gung fu people have street histories, and belong to schools with street histories going back almost 100 years......;)

see, without the street element, or even a ring type of environment, a martial artist isn't going to use his or her system effectively.......typically commercial schools gear their teachings towards keeping the students for money. they can't teach you how to effectively use a throat shot, a maiming or some destructive type technique without fear of being sued.

but i don't own a physical school, yet that doesn't stop me from training my guys to hurt people if they have too.

the streets is a perfect proving ground........the second best is the ring. at least in my opinion.

ShaolinWood
10-03-2007, 08:35 PM
see, without the street element, or even a ring type of environment, a martial artist isn't going to use his or her system effectively.......typically commercial schools gear their teachings towards keeping the students for money. they can't teach you how to effectively use a throat shot, a maiming or some destructive type technique without fear of being sued.

This is so true! I've been trying to get this point accross for so long. Well not getting into streetfights, but you need to go at it more seriously and push up the realism. Hard contact sparring on a regular basis. And getting in the mindset of a real fight.

Yea the gongfu quacks you talk about is the problem. Especially on TV in the states. There's been a couple of these idiotic shows where "the best of the best" compete for their style and just suck big time. A bunch of showoff amateurs go on screen and put whatever style they "represent" to shame...

The Xia
10-03-2007, 09:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj771GHu4c0
It says the video has been removed.

hskwarrior
10-06-2007, 08:16 PM
now here is a better street fight with the use of a martial artists skill.......**** the smaller guy handled the bigger guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glv1xm8Vk8g

shaolinwood, i know what you mean, but if you understood my direct lineage, gung fu geared towards streetfighting has always been our way.

Laukarbo
10-07-2007, 12:04 AM
now here is a better street fight with the use of a martial artists skill.......**** the smaller guy handled the bigger guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glv1xm8Vk8g

shaolinwood, i know what you mean, but if you understood my direct lineage, gung fu geared towards streetfighting has always been our way.

but its not a real fight,it was staged...

hskwarrior
10-07-2007, 03:51 AM
are you sure it was staged?

ShaolinWood
10-07-2007, 09:52 AM
Oh yes, have seen this one before, I've also heard it was staged... not sure though, but it looks like it

hskwarrior
10-07-2007, 10:15 AM
idk about that......it doesn't staged to me..........idk why.....but it don't. however, the wc guys punches didn't seem all that effective.

kidswarrior
10-08-2007, 06:09 AM
anyways, what MANY of you are failing to see, is the everytime the wankster threw a punch the gung fu guy sidestepped, each and every single time making the wankster change his direction at least 3 times. for that i applaud the gung fu man because i always tell my students about guys who commit to just one punch like the wankster.Good points.

I dunno there. . He got thru the fight w/o being touched/hit and used classic movements and controlling distance to do it. He may just be a sloppy kid but **** if his fist hook/chow choi didn't yield him a KO. I say this is an example of someone trying to fight with what they train and getting viable results from it.Yeah, he handled the adrenaline dump, and used his training. That's two more things than most people are able to do.

hskwarrior
10-08-2007, 01:51 PM
thanks,

thats why i wish people would open their minds a little for just one moment, and break what the gung fu cat did......not his corny ass attack, but when the flurry of punches came about. try watching it for one time, pause play pause play through the fight and see the things that we as TCMA are trained to do.

we are trained to sidestep a punch, then counter, but in the melee of it all, only one man got struck........the wankster cholo on the floor.

i don't care how it was done, but the job got done. like it or not. in a fight, what matters is who walks away and who's taken away.

now, this is the place, lets find some street fight videos and chop them up a bit and discuss as martial artists what we would have done or tried to do in the same situation. i'd like to hear what some of you have to say.

but lets try to keep this real, and no joking.

hskwarrior
10-08-2007, 01:52 PM
oh its down now, huh well anyway, what about them fight videos?

ShaolinWood
10-08-2007, 08:25 PM
Im still not sure how real this is, but it's a classic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM5hK9QaDrY

(yes I'm aware that it's an old one)

hskwarrior
10-09-2007, 08:04 AM
shaolin wood,

for one, if i were approaching two dudes i'd change sides with my girl first and put her on the outside.......that track suit dude was a **** for not realizing that.

however, he did react real quick, and laid them fools out with a quickness.......

still, if i was passing someone i always expect something to happen, if it don't cool.....but if you don't,,,,thats how bad things happen. i feel you should always be ready for something.

ShaolinWood
10-09-2007, 10:03 AM
Yea not the best fight, I just thought it was a funny turnout, I was waiting for the 2 gangsters to go at each other hehe

The best thing was the reaction of the 2 guys just after it, they just stood there for a long while before it sunk in.

It's more a case of some aggro idiots clashing, but just shows how a quick delivered attack can confuse your opponent, even if they outnumber you

Laukarbo
10-11-2007, 06:00 AM
are you sure it was staged?

well this clip made its rounds on several boards and somewhere I raed it was staged..someone from the video admited this in one of those wing chun boards...

then lookin at the clip u clearly see that the bigger guy not really tries to hit properly those swingers are **** poor..and then when hes on the floor the wc guys kicks are a joke...in a real fight he would have kicked the doodoo out of him..:D