PDA

View Full Version : CLF in Beijing?

Eddie
08-21-2007, 08:23 AM
Im just curious if anyone knows of any CLF in Beijing?

hskwarrior
08-21-2007, 12:58 PM
Doc fai Wong has alot of that covered out there, including King Mui.

CLFNole
08-21-2007, 01:28 PM
Beijing is in the north and I doubt you will find many southern styles there let alone CLF. When in Roman - sounds like wushu to me.

Eddie
08-22-2007, 01:26 AM
Sure there must be some kinf of CLF somewhere up there? Big chance that Im going to Beijing in November, I already have a sponsor for half the money, will know by the end of the week if I have a sponsor for all of it. When I'm done there, CLFNole, Im planning to come over to visit you guys again. Hopefully November is a bit cooler in florida?

Gru Bianca
08-22-2007, 03:19 AM
Sure there must be some kinf of CLF somewhere up there? Big chance that Im going to Beijing in November, I already have a sponsor for half the money, will know by the end of the week if I have a sponsor for all of it. When I'm done there, CLFNole, Im planning to come over to visit you guys again. Hopefully November is a bit cooler in florida?

Hi Eddie,

hope you don't mind me addressing your question; IMHO the only way for you to find CLF in BJ is to get in touch with some guy from HK or elsewhere that have practiced the style before.
Very very hard if not impossible to find an organized school of the style.
May I suggest if you manage to do the trip up there to spend some time at the 北京语言文化大学 (ex- 北京语言学院) in 学院路海定区. It's an international school with people coming from all over the world including HK and who knows,.. you may meet somebody practicing your style.
Regardless, if you manage to go enjoy.

Regards,

Luca

Eddie
08-22-2007, 04:43 AM
Thanks Luca,
I am only curious to check out a school in beijing as I will be there for about 8 days. I have a good supporting structure in Hong Kong (which im planning to go to first) with our Lee Koon Hung CLF school (and also Sifu Chow Keung from TSPK. Just thought while im in China, maybe see some other CLF schools too.

Our plan also include training at the Beijing Sports University (san shou), as Im going for a Wushu Event.

Im holding thumbs this week, as I will find out this week if my financial applicaiton was approved. If not, theres no way I'd have enough money to go.

Ben Gash
08-22-2007, 05:22 AM
Why go to Beijing to do CLF? Chances are the teacher won't be any better than yours. If I were you I'd check out Shuai Jiao or one of the great local styles such as Chuo Jiao.

Eddie
08-22-2007, 05:47 AM
Why go to Beijing to do CLF? Chances are the teacher won't be any better than yours. If I were you I'd check out Shuai Jiao or one of the great local styles such as Chuo Jiao.

no no, your obviously not getting it ;). I just thought while in beijing check out some CLF.... if there were. Not looking for a master :cool: . Kinda like if ever I were to go to england, Id also like to check out your place and what ever other places they have there

CLFNole
08-22-2007, 07:26 AM
Eddie:

Just enjoy Beijing and forget CLF for a few days. ;)

By the way in November the weather should be cooler than when you were here last but sometimes you never know.

Peace.

gwa sow
08-22-2007, 10:42 AM
the only cool weather is for about a week or two in dec/jan. still warm in november you just dont feel as humid. its nice

hskwarrior
08-23-2007, 07:26 AM
eddie,

i just got thru IM'ing Doc Fai Wong and he said outside of guangzhou and guanxi you won't really find too much clf.......he said there is none in beijing. sorry bra.

Eddie
08-23-2007, 08:43 AM
cool. thanks for the effort frank. isnt it your bday soon? ;)

hskwarrior
08-23-2007, 11:14 AM
yeah next thursday......i think.....oh man, i don't want to think about it.....39 years old...........can i start counting backwards from here on out?

ill get you my number eddie. it would be nice for someone from the forum to actually CALL and say happy b-day.....

hsk